Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 21
Re: Berlin Germany 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Date: July 26, 2022 15:13

Did some research

Both Clapton and Pearl Jam where cut at 22.00. Normal permit is 22.00 but sometimes 23.00 is possible depending on promoter and artist. Well it's possible to ask for a permit. By now it should be known what the start and end time is, they communicate this to residents of the area.

Clapton, Pearl Jam, Muse, Paul McCartney didn't get an extented curfew, so not sure if the Stones would get this.

in 2014 the ticket stated, 17u opening and 19u start. So not so different from now. However the time between warm up and Stones is much shorter these days.

No info why in 2014 they did not have the 22.00 curfew (or just broke it)

Sunset planned at 20.55.

Date: July 26, 2022 15:14

Irix
PaintMonkeyManBlack

2014:

Yeah, 2014 - 8 years ago .... but new conditions in 2022 - [www.Berliner-Zeitung.de] . Actually new conditions already since 2015 - [www.Tagesspiegel.de] .
my german isnt what it used to be but my research showed there was a curfew at the 2013 muse concert, and also mentioned as a curfew in the 2014 stones build up topics.

Posted by: Hopiman ()
Date: July 26, 2022 15:37

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Irix
PaintMonkeyManBlack

2014:

Yeah, 2014 - 8 years ago .... but new conditions in 2022 - [www.Berliner-Zeitung.de] . Actually new conditions already since 2015 - [www.Tagesspiegel.de] .
my german isnt what it used to be but my research showed there was a curfew at the 2013 muse concert, and also mentioned as a curfew in the 2014 stones build up topics.

they have this curfew because there are more shows than usual at Waldbühne this summer. Shows that should have happened in 2020 and '21.
To avoid trouble with the neighbors they decided to have the curfew.
So the Stones will be on at 8 PM,
encore will be: Sympathy For The Devil & Satisfaction ;-)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 26, 2022 15:40

PaintMonkeyManBlack

I think it makes little sense to compare the 2013/14 curfew with 2022. As you already posted - and as it was confirmed by Berliner Zeitung - artists were cut off exactly 22:00 in 2022.

Nothing new: even B. Springsteen & P. McCartney were cut off at London's 2012 Hyde Park - [Edition.CNN.com] .

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 26, 2022 20:38

[twitter.com]

A billionaire fakes his own band the Ghost Hounds to follow the Stones around on their tours for money. Exactly how it ends. Robert Johnson you f*ckers

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 26, 2022 22:08

Nikkei
[twitter.com]

A billionaire fakes his own band the Ghost Hounds to follow the Stones around on their tours for money. Exactly how it ends. Robert Johnson you f*ckers

might be a new business concert – making money by selling the support act spot…

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: July 26, 2022 22:50

slewan
Nikkei
[twitter.com]

might be a new business concert – making money by selling the support act spot…

slewan - You made my day!

Date: July 26, 2022 23:42

Ffp2 masks in berlin needed?

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: July 26, 2022 23:44

PaintMonkeyManBlack
For public transport they are obligation.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: July 26, 2022 23:44

PaintMonkeyManBlack

No! I think maybe only at public transport but this is not even enforced.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 26, 2022 23:46

Shows at Waldbühne this year have started at the exact time stated on the ticket. Not a minute later.

Date: July 27, 2022 00:20

PaintMonkeyManBlack

There'll be new Covid-rules valid likely from 27-Jul-2022 - [www.Berlin.de] , [www.Berlin.de] .

Until now FFP2 (N95) masks are required in public transport.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: July 27, 2022 09:12

From the Gelsenkirchen thread!!

Irix
RobertJohnson

almost all flights will be canceled on Wednesday due to a warning strike

It's at their main hubs Frankfurt & Munich - [www.Tagesschau.de] - (in German) :

"Delays even days later: at Frankfurt Airport Lufthansa is cancelling a total of 678 flights, 32 of them already on Tuesday. At the Munich hub, a total of 345 flights were cancelled on both days. Individual flight cancellations and delays are still possible on Thursday and Friday."

Please, keep us informed about this! Are there any more strike days planned?
Ive spend a lot more of money to fly with them to BERLIN (Malaga-Frankfurt, Frankfurt-Berlin) and back (same journey) because Ryanair and Easyjet are in strikes and I didn´t trust...... and now!!! sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-27 09:14 by kaskatanas.

Date: July 27, 2022 09:35

Irix
PaintMonkeyManBlack

There'll be new Covid-rules valid likely from 27-Jul-2022 - [www.Berlin.de] , [www.Berlin.de] .

Looking for the new rules from 27-7. Can you help me ?

Date: July 27, 2022 10:25

PaintMonkeyManBlack

Just follow the given links. Currently they still show 30-Jun-2022 but will then be updated.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: July 27, 2022 10:26

A question about the German long distance trains. I booked a ticket from Aachen to Berlin. Apparently I'm traveling with an 'ICE' train. My ticket is time specific. I was wondering what happens when you miss your train. Is it possible to hop on the next one? My experience is that in most European countries you buy a ticket for a specific day, it doesn't matter at what time you travel.
How is that for the German ICE trains?

Date: July 27, 2022 10:30

kaskatanas

Please, keep us informed about this! Are there any more strike days planned?

The best would be to read the German news. There's e.g. an article by Germany's main TV-News [www.Tagesschau.de] . Just google after Lufthansa Streik and set the filter to the last hours. Google Translate or DeepL.com do help with the translation.

Posted by: ThinAir ()
Date: July 27, 2022 10:37

jackflash27
A question about the German long distance trains. I booked a ticket from Aachen to Berlin. Apparently I'm traveling with an 'ICE' train. My ticket is time specific. I was wondering what happens when you miss your train. Is it possible to hop on the next one? My experience is that in most European countries you buy a ticket for a specific day, it doesn't matter at what time you travel.
How is that for the German ICE trains?

there are two different things: tickets and seat reservations. seat reservations are always time specific. tickets are time specific depending on how much you did pay for them. if you got a time specific ticket you have to take the trains that you booked. if you miss a connection in case of a delay you can just take any train that gets you to your destination.

Posted by: Hopiman ()
Date: July 27, 2022 10:41

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Irix
PaintMonkeyManBlack

It's easy:
If you don't want Covid, wear a mask!
I was at the Pearl Jam Show at Waldbühne in June.
No one was wearing a mask (except me ;-)
My friend who also didn't tested positive 3 days later, the day they wanted to leave for their holidays. Jaggers knows what he is talking about when he mentions super spreader events...

At the moment you only HAVE to wear a mask in public transport.
The rest is up to you.

Date: July 27, 2022 10:50

jackflash27

Is it possible to hop on the next one?

Normally not. The ticket is train/time-specific and the German term by DB is 'Zugbindung' which is valid for tickets sold for saver price. There're also more expensive tickets (standard price, flexible) without 'Zugbindung'. If you have missed the train by your own fault, then the ticket is normally invalid. But if your previous train was delayed (or cancelled) then you can simply use the next train. It's a bit complicated and there's no simple answer. There's an FAQ by [www.Bahn.de] .

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: July 27, 2022 11:26

Irix
jackflash27

Is it possible to hop on the next one?

Normally not. The ticket is train/time-specific and the German term by DB is 'Zugbindung' which is valid for tickets sold for saver price. There're also more expensive tickets (standard price, flexible) without 'Zugbindung'. If you have missed the train by your own fault, then the ticket is normally invalid. But if your previous train was delayed (or cancelled) then you can simply use the next train. It's a bit complicated and there's no simple answer. There's an FAQ by [www.Bahn.de] .

okay, all clear. I'll just make sure I'll be on time winking smiley

Date: July 27, 2022 13:32

Hopiman
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Irix
PaintMonkeyManBlack

It's easy:
If you don't want Covid, wear a mask!
I was at the Pearl Jam Show at Waldbühne in June.
No one was wearing a mask (except me ;-)
My friend who also didn't tested positive 3 days later, the day they wanted to leave for their holidays. Jaggers knows what he is talking about when he mentions super spreader events...

At the moment you only HAVE to wear a mask in public transport.
The rest is up to you.

thank you!

Only in public transport it is then smiling smiley

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: July 28, 2022 08:30

Four days before the show and EVENTIM has not released any email information about the VIP Pit ticket arrangements. To date they have also not replied to queries l sent them just after the onsale. All they do is send follow-up emails saying they are too busy to reply.

Has any other VIPer received an email from EVENTIM?

Thanks.
SonicD

Date: July 29, 2022 13:25

There's a press-release (PDF) for Berlin Waldbühne by local promoter FKP Scorpio - it contains in the second part also the security-advices.

Date: July 29, 2022 13:45

So now it's 16.30 gates open. 18.30 warmup band. 19.00 ready. Stones 19.45 - 21.45 maybe?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 29, 2022 15:27

eventim also sent some information to Lucky Dippers some two hours ago

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 29, 2022 16:42

PaintMonkeyManBlack
So now it's 16.30 gates open. 18.30 warmup band. 19.00 ready. Stones 19.45 - 21.45 maybe?

Yes. Maybe. Last time was 20:30 to 22:45 showtime.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 29, 2022 16:42

SonicDreamer
Four days before the show and EVENTIM has not released any email information about the VIP Pit ticket arrangements. To date they have also not replied to queries l sent them just after the onsale. All they do is send follow-up emails saying they are too busy to reply.

Has any other VIPer received an email from EVENTIM?

Thanks.
SonicD

If anyone has any ticket issues, don't waste time emailing. Go on Twitter instead. Someone will reply quite quickly, and you can "follow" each other and have a DM conversation.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 29, 2022 16:44

schwonek
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Yes. Maybe. Last time was 20:30 to 22:45 showtime.

I don't expect it to start earlier than 20:30 due to too much daylight.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 29, 2022 16:46

Stonesfan2146
I don't expect it to start earlier than 20:30 due to too much daylight.

Even with the strict 22:00 curfew?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1760
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home