Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Milan Italy 21-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 23, 2022 00:54

Just arrived in Athens, Creece. A bit tired, but very happy. Happy for the charming, energetic gig (no surprise, of course). Happy for the crowd and for the whole atmosphere. And happy, because a dream came true: Finally, I heard "Dead Flowers". live! I love this song, I consider it as one of the 3-4 best country - rock songs ever...

PS: The audience was clearly bigger and more passionate than the audience I "met" in 2006 Milan gig. And this time the passion was 100% for the Stones. In 2006 it was partly for the Italian victory in Football World Cup...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 23, 2022 00:59

All these "best show/version since" talks crack me up but I think it's safe to say that the GS female vocals were the best in a very, very long time...possibly since Merry Clayton ! No "diva" acting or screeching around for a start.

Not sure what happened to Sasha but Chanel is a terrific singer, hope she sticks around !

EDIT - RS tell us that "Chanel Haynes, a veteran gospel singer that recently portrayed Tina Turner in the UK production of Tina – The Tina Turner Musical." she did look the part yesterday.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-23 01:00 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 23, 2022 01:23

NilsHolgersson
Bastion
NilsHolgersson

Love the sprint at 3:45

Unintentionally hilarious.

what

Just watching a 78 year old man doing his best to run, and that being a moment to cheer made me laugh is all.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 23, 2022 01:48

Nikkei
I can't get over how clumsily deliberate the beat on Tumbling Dice is. That's not a groove really. Since it's obviously what's happening you as a listener yourself start to feel like the odd one out. I couldn't imagine how to move to it.

Yea, hitting the bass drum on the 4th upbeat just gives the song a weird seasick vibe. Yikes, had to go back and watch an old version with Charlie now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-23 01:48 by EasterMan.

Posted by: KHB ()
Date: June 23, 2022 01:48

PaintMonkeyManBlack
You asked for better tics and they just gave you pit B?

No, I walked down the tower and looked for the entrance for GA.
When I found it, I saw that most of the tickets were printed on paper or shown on the smartphone. On the printed ones, the barcodes were torn off.
I also had something printed out - my Lucky Dip confirmation email. The barcode was on the LD tickets. I showed the LD ticket. The security person said, don't know it. I said, this is the way to GA?! Yes, I have to ask the colleague. He pulled up his shoulders: I don't know. I said again: isn't this the way to the GA?! Yes, wait - took the cards, tore off the barcode and let me in. I was in the GA, getting a beer and rejoicing. Then went to the Golden Circle entrance, showed my yellow LD wristband and went into the golden circle.
Wow, that was easy. I continued on to the Pit B entrance, my Heineken in hand. Walked through the entrance as a matter of course, they saw my yellow wristband and gave a friendly nod. I was in Pit B!!!

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 23, 2022 02:09

EasterMan
Nikkei
I can't get over how clumsily deliberate the beat on Tumbling Dice is. That's not a groove really. Since it's obviously what's happening you as a listener yourself start to feel like the odd one out. I couldn't imagine how to move to it.

Yea, hitting the bass drum on the 4th upbeat just gives the song a weird seasick vibe. Yikes, had to go back and watch an old version with Charlie now.

Ahhhh that’s better

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: June 23, 2022 02:24

KHB
PaintMonkeyManBlack

When I found it, I saw that most of the tickets were printed on paper or shown on the smartphone. On the printed ones, the barcodes were torn off.
I also had something printed out - my Lucky Dip confirmation email. The barcode was on the LD tickets. I showed the LD ticket. The security person said, don't know it. I said, this is the way to GA?! Yes, I have to ask the colleague. He pulled up his shoulders: I don't know. I said again: isn't this the way to the GA?! Yes, wait - took the cards, tore off the barcode and let me in. I was in the GA, getting a beer and rejoicing. Then went to the Golden Circle entrance, showed my yellow LD wristband and went into the golden circle.
Wow, that was easy. I continued on to the Pit B entrance, my Heineken in hand. Walked through the entrance as a matter of course, they saw my yellow wristband and gave a friendly nod. I was in Pit B!!!
Amazing!

Date: June 23, 2022 10:39

KHB
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Nice work!!

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: June 23, 2022 15:20

What a show! I absolutely love Wild Horses and Dead Flowers live. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times…Mick is so amazing

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 23, 2022 15:25

TrulyMicks1
What a show! I absolutely love Wild Horses and Dead Flowers live. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times…Mick is so amazing

And you can say it again. He is a force but that's what's comes from working on his fitness for many, many years. I'm so glad he seems to have had a relatively easy time from Covid.

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: June 23, 2022 16:03

steffialicia

And you can say it again. He is a force but that's what's comes from working on his fitness for many, many years. I'm so glad he seems to have had a relatively easy time from Covid.

I am so glad too. He really is a force and inspiration. I love him to pieces!!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 24, 2022 01:46

Ronnie even with heavy stage makeup is looking like a man who isn't very well to me.

I hope he's Ok because he looks to be struggling, haven't seen him this low on energy for nearly 20 years.

Posted by: Fotinid ()
Date: June 24, 2022 12:20

Jeez Louise!!! He looked mighty fine and happy to me! The man is not 20 years old -in spirit yeah, but the body gets older, it's normal!

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: July 6, 2022 02:38

gotdablouse
All these "best show/version since talks crack me up but I think it's safe to say that the GS female vocals were the best in a very, very long time...possibly since Merry Clayton ! No "diva" acting or screeching around for a start.

Not sure what happened to Sasha but Chanel is a terrific singer, hope she sticks around !

EDIT - RS tell us that "Chanel Haynes, a veteran gospel singer that recently portrayed Tina Turner in the UK production of Tina – The Tina Turner Musical." she did look the part yesterday.

I just saw for the first time this song with Chanel.
Very, very, very good; very very good!

Gimme Shelter Milan 2022

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1546
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home