Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213
Current Page: 13 of 13
Re: Milan Italy 21-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 23, 2022 00:54

Just arrived in Athens, Creece. A bit tired, but very happy. Happy for the charming, energetic gig (no surprise, of course). Happy for the crowd and for the whole atmosphere. And happy, because a dream came true: Finally, I heard "Dead Flowers". live! I love this song, I consider it as one of the 3-4 best country - rock songs ever...

PS: The audience was clearly bigger and more passionate than the audience I "met" in 2006 Milan gig. And this time the passion was 100% for the Stones. In 2006 it was partly for the Italian victory in Football World Cup...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 23, 2022 00:59

All these "best show/version since" talks crack me up but I think it's safe to say that the GS female vocals were the best in a very, very long time...possibly since Merry Clayton ! No "diva" acting or screeching around for a start.

Not sure what happened to Sasha but Chanel is a terrific singer, hope she sticks around !

EDIT - RS tell us that "Chanel Haynes, a veteran gospel singer that recently portrayed Tina Turner in the UK production of Tina – The Tina Turner Musical." she did look the part yesterday.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-23 01:00 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 23, 2022 01:23

NilsHolgersson
Bastion
NilsHolgersson

Love the sprint at 3:45

Unintentionally hilarious.

what

Just watching a 78 year old man doing his best to run, and that being a moment to cheer made me laugh is all.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 23, 2022 01:48

Nikkei
I can't get over how clumsily deliberate the beat on Tumbling Dice is. That's not a groove really. Since it's obviously what's happening you as a listener yourself start to feel like the odd one out. I couldn't imagine how to move to it.

Yea, hitting the bass drum on the 4th upbeat just gives the song a weird seasick vibe. Yikes, had to go back and watch an old version with Charlie now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-23 01:48 by EasterMan.

Posted by: KHB ()
Date: June 23, 2022 01:48

PaintMonkeyManBlack
You asked for better tics and they just gave you pit B?

No, I walked down the tower and looked for the entrance for GA.
When I found it, I saw that most of the tickets were printed on paper or shown on the smartphone. On the printed ones, the barcodes were torn off.
I also had something printed out - my Lucky Dip confirmation email. The barcode was on the LD tickets. I showed the LD ticket. The security person said, don't know it. I said, this is the way to GA?! Yes, I have to ask the colleague. He pulled up his shoulders: I don't know. I said again: isn't this the way to the GA?! Yes, wait - took the cards, tore off the barcode and let me in. I was in the GA, getting a beer and rejoicing. Then went to the Golden Circle entrance, showed my yellow LD wristband and went into the golden circle.
Wow, that was easy. I continued on to the Pit B entrance, my Heineken in hand. Walked through the entrance as a matter of course, they saw my yellow wristband and gave a friendly nod. I was in Pit B!!!

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 23, 2022 02:09

EasterMan
Nikkei
I can't get over how clumsily deliberate the beat on Tumbling Dice is. That's not a groove really. Since it's obviously what's happening you as a listener yourself start to feel like the odd one out. I couldn't imagine how to move to it.

Yea, hitting the bass drum on the 4th upbeat just gives the song a weird seasick vibe. Yikes, had to go back and watch an old version with Charlie now.

Ahhhh that’s better

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: June 23, 2022 02:24

KHB
PaintMonkeyManBlack

When I found it, I saw that most of the tickets were printed on paper or shown on the smartphone. On the printed ones, the barcodes were torn off.
I also had something printed out - my Lucky Dip confirmation email. The barcode was on the LD tickets. I showed the LD ticket. The security person said, don't know it. I said, this is the way to GA?! Yes, I have to ask the colleague. He pulled up his shoulders: I don't know. I said again: isn't this the way to the GA?! Yes, wait - took the cards, tore off the barcode and let me in. I was in the GA, getting a beer and rejoicing. Then went to the Golden Circle entrance, showed my yellow LD wristband and went into the golden circle.
Wow, that was easy. I continued on to the Pit B entrance, my Heineken in hand. Walked through the entrance as a matter of course, they saw my yellow wristband and gave a friendly nod. I was in Pit B!!!
Amazing!

Date: June 23, 2022 10:39

KHB
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Nice work!!

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: June 23, 2022 15:20

What a show! I absolutely love Wild Horses and Dead Flowers live. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times…Mick is so amazing

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 23, 2022 15:25

TrulyMicks1
What a show! I absolutely love Wild Horses and Dead Flowers live. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times…Mick is so amazing

And you can say it again. He is a force but that's what's comes from working on his fitness for many, many years. I'm so glad he seems to have had a relatively easy time from Covid.

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: June 23, 2022 16:03

steffialicia

And you can say it again. He is a force but that's what's comes from working on his fitness for many, many years. I'm so glad he seems to have had a relatively easy time from Covid.

I am so glad too. He really is a force and inspiration. I love him to pieces!!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 24, 2022 01:46

Ronnie even with heavy stage makeup is looking like a man who isn't very well to me.

I hope he's Ok because he looks to be struggling, haven't seen him this low on energy for nearly 20 years.

Posted by: Fotinid ()
Date: June 24, 2022 12:20

Jeez Louise!!! He looked mighty fine and happy to me! The man is not 20 years old -in spirit yeah, but the body gets older, it's normal!

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: July 6, 2022 02:38

gotdablouse
All these "best show/version since talks crack me up but I think it's safe to say that the GS female vocals were the best in a very, very long time...possibly since Merry Clayton ! No "diva" acting or screeching around for a start.

Not sure what happened to Sasha but Chanel is a terrific singer, hope she sticks around !

EDIT - RS tell us that "Chanel Haynes, a veteran gospel singer that recently portrayed Tina Turner in the UK production of Tina – The Tina Turner Musical." she did look the part yesterday.

I just saw for the first time this song with Chanel.
Very, very, very good; very very good!

Gimme Shelter Milan 2022

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213
Current Page: 13 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1859
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home