Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick gives Yungblud a guitar at Liverpool show
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 16, 2022 19:51

Mick Jagger presents Yungblud with special guitar at Rolling Stones show

"Always meet ur heroes!!!"

Sam Moore
15th June 2022

[twitter.com]

Mick Jagger presented Yungblud with a special guitar while meeting for the first time backstage at The Rolling Stones’ Liverpool gig last week.

Yungblud (real name Dominic Harrison) was invited to attend the Stones’ show at Anfield last Thursday (June 9), which came as part of their ongoing ‘Sixty’ UK and European tour.

Jagger, who recently praised Yungblud in an interview on Swedish radio (saying that the artist has “that kind of post-punk vibe [that] makes me think there is still a bit of life in rock and roll”), presented Yungblud with a Buddy Holly-inspired guitar during that meeting to formally welcome him into the Buddy Holly Educational Foundation, for which Jagger is an ambassador.

Named ‘Blue Suede Shoes’, the gifted guitar in question was inspired by Holly’s preferred Gibson J-45 and marks Yungblud’s “contribution to the art of songwriting and performing, an important part of Buddy Holly’s legacy which the Foundation promotes and celebrates”.

Buddy Holly’s widow Maria-Elena Holly, who is also the co-founder of The Buddy Holly Educational Foundation, chose ‘Blue Suede Shoes’ as “she felt the raw energy and exuberance of the recording has much in common with how she sees Yungblud”.

Posting on Twitter following his meeting with Jagger, Yungblud wrote: “Thank you for a beautiful night.

“A masterclass in rock n roll. Always meet ur [sic] heroes !!!”

The Rolling Stones’ tour has been affected this week after Jagger tested positive for COVID-19. The band’s gigs in Amsterdam and Bern have been postponed, with the tour now set to resume in Milan next week.

[www.nme.com]

Re: Mick gives Yungblud a guitar at Liverpool show
Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: June 16, 2022 20:55

no masks!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 16, 2022 22:25

ukcal
no masks!

Yungblud has COVID EYES!

...or mascara anyway!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 17, 2022 00:54

Yeah, no masks...makes you wonder...
Meanwhile - possible new reworkings to the setlists:

Gimme Covid
Just My Vaccination
Get Off Of My Mask
Might as Well Get Vaxxed
Jumpin' Jab Flash
Play With Pfizer
(I Can't Get No) Vaccination

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 17, 2022 01:06

What a drag it is getting COVID

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 17, 2022 11:19

Guy’s, really? eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-17 11:23 by Big Al.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 17, 2022 12:09

That’s why he got it. Not necessarily from this guy — who knows? Am talking about his overall attitude. It may happen again, unless he changes his behaviour.

Rock ‘n’ roll, eh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-17 13:26 by RisingStone.

Date: June 17, 2022 14:08

RisingStone
That’s why he got it. Not necessarily from this guy — who knows? Am talking about his overall attitude. It may happen again, unless he changes his behaviour.

Rock ‘n’ roll, eh?

Well, we don’t know, of course. What is he to do, though? Strap a nappy to his face every time he meets someone? The vast, vast majority in the U.K. have moved on! Yep, he caught covid. We all have; and we all will.

Date: June 17, 2022 15:06

Big Al
RisingStone

Rock ‘n’ roll, eh?

Well, we don’t know, of course. What is he to do, though? Strap a nappy to his face every time he meets someone? The vast, vast majority in the U.K. have moved on! Yep, he caught covid. We all have; and we all will.

That’s why it is not over, the new cases of the infected are rising again.

[www.worldometers.info]

Those who claim Omicron is more infectious but less virulent and less fatal than Delta so it’s unavoidable and/or acceptable to catch it tend to dismiss Long COVID, the aftereffects that may last for ages, do the body harm and damage their life. Best not to get it in the first place rather than catch it and then optimistically hope for a full recovery from it — no matter how tricky it may seem to do so given the situation.

Sorry bv for disregarding your warning — I’ve got something to tell and I couldn’t help it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-18 00:11 by RisingStone.

Date: June 17, 2022 15:20

Hi, RisingStone! I was posting a response, then thought I shouldn’t, as bv won’t be happy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-17 15:22 by Big Al.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: June 17, 2022 15:29

These first three shows of the tour were a small window of that good old freedom and "come together" and enjoy yourself without any fears.
And I'm so glad, I was in Munich and had an outstanding good time!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-17 15:31 by micha063.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 17, 2022 17:14

Another guitar gift

[youtu.be]

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: June 18, 2022 08:15

My son spotted him on an open top golf buggy heading to the VIP area at Anfield.I had absolutely no idea who he was,and I don’t think most of the Stones fans in the vicinity did either.
Alas Monsieur Yungblud ,no typo error here,was not wearing a mask.Tu tut.

Date: June 19, 2022 02:44

Big Al
Hi, RisingStone! I was posting a response, then thought I shouldn’t, as bv won’t be happy.

Belated but I think I should respond to this. Yes, my eyes caught your comment before it was voluntarily deleted by you only shortly after you posted it. I fully understand you are tired of this ongoing situation like millions of other people. So am I. However, as someone posted on “that” thread I started and was curtailed by the moderator within 24 hours, “the virus couldn’t care less” no matter how the humans feel, how you and I are tired, regardless of how the vast majority of people wish it was over and behave as if it was.

One thing. On the said thread, you posted, “I won’t be wearing a covering. I do respect those who do, however.” I don’t feel anyone who uses the word “nappy” or “face nappy” to describe a face mask has a sense of respect to those who wear it. True colors manifest themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-19 02:56 by RisingStone.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 19, 2022 05:12

Hairball
Yeah, no masks...makes you wonder...
Meanwhile - possible new reworkings to the setlists:

Gimme Covid
Just My Vaccination
Get Off Of My Mask
Might as Well Get Vaxxed
Jumpin' Jab Flash
Play With Pfizer
(I Can't Get No) Vaccination

Links to the demos please! spinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 27, 2022 22:31

From Simon Boyle's "Bizarre" column in The Sun:

YUNGBLUD’S WILD RIDE

ROCK ’n’ roll will be alive and well as long as Yungblud's going.

He told Bizarre about his wild fortnight that involved meeting Mick Jagger, almost getting arrested, partying until 5am and headlining Glastonbury’s John Peel Stage.

Yet despite his wild ways, he has insisted he was NOT responsible for giving the Rolling Stones frontman Covid after hanging out with Mick days before the rock legend tested positive for the virus.

In an exclusive interview backstage at the festival before his set on Saturday night, Yungblud said: “We had a PCR test in the morning. They’ve gotta be really safe. Meeting him was a dream come true.

“He’s a real hero of mine. We talked about music, the state of rock ’n’ roll, the energy within it and the diversity in rock music right now.

“Thank f**k people are getting p***ed off again. “People need to be p***ed off.

“That’s what rock ’n’ roll is founded on – energy and love.” On the prospect of a collaboration, he said: “I’d love that. We’re in contact, we’ve met and if the opportunity arises, absolutely.”

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Date: June 28, 2022 04:40

“Hands up if you caught Covid there?”

A thread on efestivals forum — Glastonbury attendees who test positive come forward. It ought to be a warning to us, too.

[www.efestivals.co.uk]

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 29, 2022 18:12

On another note, the guitar. The guitar is made to look and sound like a vintage Gibson. It ain't cheap but there are higher priced Martin and other guitars out there. The guitars are basically hand made using solid woods manipulated in various ways, along with other guitar parts, to create a vintage look. If y'all are interested in learning more re this guitar or their other models, do a search on your browser platform for Atkin guitars.

Date: June 30, 2022 01:10

“Scores of Glastonbury revellers test positive for COVID as experts warn of fifth wave”

[news.sky.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1647
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home