Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Record Store Day 2023
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 23, 2023 17:32

yorkshirestone
Missed out on the beggars lp at my two local stores yesterday am, but picked up pearl jam give way and (very pleased about this one as only 400 in uk) black keys live at Beachland tavern
Will have a snoop online tomorrow for beggars

Check out Seasick Records in Birmingham, AL online shop. They’re selling their unsold RSD albums at same price and I just saw a copy of Beggars on there.. Stay off EBay unless absolutely necessary smiling smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 24, 2023 00:10

Beggars Banquet RSD 2023, Canadian pressing:

[www.YouTube.com] , Pictures: [www.Discogs.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-24 01:15 by Irix.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 24, 2023 02:33

snoopy2
yorkshirestone
Missed out on the beggars lp at my two local stores yesterday am, but picked up pearl jam give way and (very pleased about this one as only 400 in uk) black keys live at Beachland tavern
Will have a snoop online tomorrow for beggars

Check out Seasick Records in Birmingham, AL online shop. They’re selling their unsold RSD albums at same price and I just saw a copy of Beggars on there.. Stay off EBay unless absolutely necessary smiling smiley

Newbury Comics also had both Stones releases as of this am as well.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 24, 2023 06:25

Paddy
Picked up the live Motörhead. I went in this afternoon, I couldn’t be dealing with all that nonsense that goes on in the morning.

Hey Paddy, did you and Treacle go to Neptoon Records or buy online? Was the Motorhead No Sleep?

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 24, 2023 09:39

DGA35
Paddy
Picked up the live Motörhead. I went in this afternoon, I couldn’t be dealing with all that nonsense that goes on in the morning.

Hey Paddy, did you and Treacle go to Neptoon Records or buy online? Was the Motorhead No Sleep?

I rang Red Cat and they were sold out, Neptoon I got no answer and ended up buying in Audiopile on Commercial who had 2 copies when I rang and 2 when I got there thankfully! The Motörhead release is from Heilbronn Germany 1984. It’s another of the “Lost Tapes” releases they’ve done on RSD previously and maybe a Black Friday RSD release also. The full gig is on YouTube if you want to check it out before making a purchase.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 24, 2023 16:01

Paddy
DGA35
Paddy

I rang Red Cat and they were sold out, Neptoon I got no answer and ended up buying in Audiopile on Commercial who had 2 copies when I rang and 2 when I got there thankfully! The Motörhead release is from Heilbronn Germany 1984. It’s another of the “Lost Tapes” releases they’ve done on RSD previously and maybe a Black Friday RSD release also. The full gig is on YouTube if you want to check it out before making a purchase.

I haven't been to Neptoon, Red Cat or Audiopile in a few years now...good memories of RSD's past. I picked up BB & VV at Chilliwax...massive lineup in the morning. People with chairs and blankets, looks like they stayed overnight. Someone even bought a big pitcher of coffee and a couple of dozen donuts, for everyone. Great camaraderie!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 24, 2023 16:32

Wow, if people were lined up like that no wonder I didn't see anything good 2 hours after the store opened, when I got there.smiling smiley I did get the German copy of BB. Compared to the (USA) video above it's a matt finished gatefold and poster, also there's a difference in the swirl vinyl design. Definately prefer the USA version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-24 16:40 by frankotero.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: April 24, 2023 17:35

Thanks for the advice above - managed to pick up BB in Manchester while working today

Date: April 24, 2023 18:57

Irix
Beggars Banquet RSD 2023, Canadian pressing:

[www.YouTube.com] , Pictures: [www.Discogs.com]

Hey Irix...I know that Keith's VV is a Canadian pressing, but how do you know that the Beggar's pressing is Canadian?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 24, 2023 20:10

treaclefingers
Paddy
DGA35
Paddy

I haven't been to Neptoon, Red Cat or Audiopile in a few years now...good memories of RSD's past. I picked up BB & VV at Chilliwax...massive lineup in the morning. People with chairs and blankets, looks like they stayed overnight. Someone even bought a big pitcher of coffee and a couple of dozen donuts, for everyone. Great camaraderie!

Haven't gone to that store since pre covid when the previous owners must have had it. If I recall, it was mostly vintage 70s stereos with some albums. I'll have to go downtown and check it out!

Date: April 24, 2023 21:10

treaclefingers

how do you know that the Beggar's pressing is Canadian?

Because there's an inkjet print on the shrink wrap of the rear side: 'Made in Canada' - [www.Discogs.com] .

Date: April 26, 2023 04:18

Irix
treaclefingers

how do you know that the Beggar's pressing is Canadian?

Because there's an inkjet print on the shrink wrap of the rear side: 'Made in Canada' - [www.Discogs.com] .

OK thanks, good to know. My Keith VV has that, but not the BB. I wonder if maybe I have the European variant somehow?

Date: April 26, 2023 04:20

DGA35
treaclefingers
Paddy
DGA35
Paddy

Haven't gone to that store since pre covid when the previous owners must have had it. If I recall, it was mostly vintage 70s stereos with some albums. I'll have to go downtown and check it out!

LOTS of new releases...and it's a pretty busy store, I think they do well.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 26, 2023 06:08

treaclefingers
DGA35
treaclefingers
Paddy
DGA35
Paddy

LOTS of new releases...and it's a pretty busy store, I think they do well.

Yeah it’s pretty good store and some great bargains to be found in the used section. It can get a bit cramped if there’s more than 5 people in there though! The walls are an important place to look!

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 26, 2023 08:06

Here in Mexico i can find the European version

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-26 08:12 by rogerriffin.

Date: April 26, 2023 09:51

Rogerriffin, that’s the German version.

Date: April 26, 2023 11:55

treaclefingers

I wonder if maybe I have the European variant somehow?

It has a sticker: 'Made in Germany' and the fine print of the rear cover says: 'Made in the EU' - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: April 26, 2023 16:49

The EU edition includes the poster, the Canadian edition doesn't; very easy to distinguish, indeed

Date: April 26, 2023 16:51

1963luca0
The EU edition includes the poster, the Canadian edition doesn't; very easy to distinguish, indeed

ah.

Canada.

Date: April 26, 2023 17:05

1963luca0

Very easy to distinguish by the paper-strip: the German pressing (EU edition) is bright red on front and white on rear while the paper-strip of the Canadian pressing is dark red on both sides - [iorr.org] .

The fine print on the rear cover ('Made in the EU') helps if you have confused the paper-strips (if you have both editions).

The YT-videos of the two pressings show the poster for each version and the poster was also advertised by [www.ABKCO.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-26 17:10 by Irix.

Date: April 26, 2023 17:38

1963luca0

I also realized the Canadian edition isn’t really swirled vinyl.. Each one comes with a Nanaimo bar that in their wisdom (?) they inserted with the album and got squished against the vinyl.. You can lick bits of the album before each spin

Date: April 26, 2023 18:16

snoopy2
1963luca0

I also realized the Canadian edition isn’t really swirled vinyl.. Each one comes with a Nanaimo bar that in their wisdom (?) they inserted with the album and got squished against the vinyl.. You can lick bits of the album before each spin

You are expressing an extreme anti-canada bias in your reply snoopy. As someone who loves Nanaimo Bars, and has often visited and has family in Nanaimo, I'm both offended yet intrigued with the possibility of a Nanaimo Bar-flavoured Beggars Banquet.

Totally collectible!

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: April 26, 2023 18:25

Actually, I've realized I've passed a wrong info: got my Canadian copy right now and has the poster. Apologizes,

Date: April 26, 2023 18:48

treaclefingers
snoopy2
1963luca0

You are expressing an extreme anti-canada bias in your reply snoopy. As someone who loves Nanaimo Bars, and has often visited and has family in Nanaimo, I'm both offended yet intrigued with the possibility of a Nanaimo Bar-flavoured Beggars Banquet.

Totally collectible!

yes, Nanaimo bars are the best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-26 19:04 by snoopy2.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 26, 2023 21:53

snoopy2
1963luca0

What is it then?

Date: April 26, 2023 22:03

Strange becasue the USA and Germany versions have the poster. Anyone have information about the Japanese edition?

Date: April 26, 2023 22:30

frankotero

Anyone have information about the Japanese edition?

Was there a dedicated Japanese version at all? HMV record shop Shibuya showed the Canadian & German pressings - [Twitter.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-26 22:35 by Irix.

Date: April 26, 2023 22:34

I don't know if they had there own pressing or if it's somehow different. The hype picture for Japan showed a beautiful splatter, that's the reason I'm curious. Must be somebody on IORR that bought a copy over there?

Date: April 26, 2023 23:00

frankotero

The hype picture for Japan showed a beautiful splatter, that's the reason I'm curious.

Looks rather like a mock-up - [www.HMV.co.jp] , [Tower.jp] .

Date: April 26, 2023 23:16

Yes, could be a planned design but the final product is different. Guess that's what happened between the USA and Euro copies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2105
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home