Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Record Store Day 2023
Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: February 17, 2023 20:49

Very nice releases.

But why is ABKCO so focussed on the latter half of the sxties albums? They just released 50th anniversary editions for Majesties Request, Let it Bleed and Beggar's Banquet en they also released RSD versions of those albums (and Hot Rocks, More Hot Rocks and Metamorphosis).

They're pretty much ignoring releases like Out of Our Heads, Englands Newest Hitmakes, Now and Decembers Children.. Shame...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 17, 2023 21:28

Also, VH double live Right Here Right Now is being released for the first time on vinyl for RSD. I'm a huge VH fan but I was disappointed when I bought the CD when it first came out. It came out around the same time as AC/DC Live which was great.

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: February 17, 2023 22:23

I know. I was thrilled to get the solid color vinyl version in the Stones in Mono Box. AND I have the 50th version. Yet this marble RSD release does really look cool...

Sorry, messed up, this was in reply to this above: Good God a fool and his money are soon parted!!! How many times must we buy this same stuff!?!? LOL. Very much like the marble vinyl look of BB. Do we know which version it is mastering wise? 2016?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-17 22:30 by Jimmy C.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 17, 2023 23:44

Jimmy C
I know. I was thrilled to get the solid color vinyl version in the Stones in Mono Box. AND I have the 50th version. Yet this marble RSD release does really look cool...

Sorry, messed up, this was in reply to this above: Good God a fool and his money are soon parted!!! How many times must we buy this same stuff!?!? LOL. Very much like the marble vinyl look of BB. Do we know which version it is mastering wise? 2016?

It's stereo so I think you just have to presume it's the same as the 50th BB release.

Understanding your recent purchases are the same as mine, I believe we may share an affliction. A moment of silence please for our wallets.

EDIT: Just thought of something else. You often see those bragging about seeing every show on the tour, spending thousands and probably tens of thousands over the years between tickets and travel. I love seeing them on tour, and have travelled, but nowadays I buy Lucky Dips and don't travel too far. I don't need to see them 16 times on the tour, but for some reason I need 16 different copies of Beggar's Banquet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-17 23:46 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: February 18, 2023 05:54

treaclefingers
Jimmy C

It's stereo so I think you just have to presume it's the same as the 50th BB release.

Understanding your recent purchases are the same as mine, I believe we may share an affliction. A moment of silence please for our wallets.

EDIT: Just thought of something else. You often see those bragging about seeing every show on the tour, spending thousands and probably tens of thousands over the years between tickets and travel. I love seeing them on tour, and have travelled, but nowadays I buy Lucky Dips and don't travel too far. I don't need to see them 16 times on the tour, but for some reason I need 16 different copies of Beggar's Banquet.

Preach!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 18, 2023 14:05

Jimmy C

Do we know which version it is mastering wise? 2016?

The labels and the rear cover say (P) & (C) 2018.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-21 17:25 by Irix.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: February 18, 2023 15:31

treaclefingers
Jimmy C

Treacle, I feel what you are saying! I like the BB RSD-planned issue and will try to get one, but I am also feeling that enough is enough of reissues of the same stuff we've all bought over the years when each succeeding record label issues yet another remaster of the same tracks.

How about issuing some live 67, 69, 70, or 72 live shows on phunky colored vinyl for RSD?

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 18, 2023 15:46

stonesstein
treaclefingers
Jimmy C

Treacle, I feel what you are saying! I like the BB RSD-planned issue and will try to get one, but I am also feeling that enough is enough of reissues of the same stuff we've all bought over the years when each succeeding record label issues yet another remaster of the same tracks.

How about issuing some live 67, 69, 70, or 72 live shows on phunky colored vinyl for RSD?

And that was my point. How many times must we buy the same damn record in a different? I myself don’t seek out every version of a release and try to get just the single color I like best. I rarely buy straight black vinyl anymore. It’s always color. Haven’t bought Grrr Live yet. Not sure which one I like best. The only really exception to this was Copa where I wanted them all and and need only the Carnaby one to complete the color collection.

Date: February 18, 2023 15:50

And I’m always amazed by those who can see all the shows on a tour and buy everything. I wonder what it is that those folks do for a living that they can afford such luxuries but I don’t begrudge anyone what they do in life. Happy for those that can do it. Before my first divorce, I followed the band around on the ABB tour and that’s how my show count really is what it is these days. I saw 7 shows on that tour and had tix for an 8th. None of them were lucky dips, which I’ve never been able to get or even fully understand the process. But I do what I can to collect things that I love and cherish from my beloved band. And now live, I get to share those memories and experiences with my sons which no amount of money can buy. Though buying 3 tix now instead of one does mean I’ll have to go back to sitting far away in the stadiums again - something I haven’t done in decades.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-18 15:51 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 18, 2023 00:52

Some different splatter

Date: April 18, 2023 01:07

rogerriffin
Some different splatter

SHI DOO BEE!

Date: April 18, 2023 01:10

stonesstein
treaclefingers
Jimmy C

Sorry I missed your reply StonesStein. Enough is certainly enough.

Exception only when it isn't!

Date: April 18, 2023 23:34

rogerriffin
Some different splatter

What version is this one???

Date: April 19, 2023 01:00

VoodooLounge13

"Grey, Blue, Black and White Swirl Vinyl" - [Badlands.co.uk] , [www.HHV.de] , [Randoms.lv] , [NailCityRecord.com] . The above picture: [www.DisquaireDay.fr] , [Tower.jp] .

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-19 01:25 by Irix.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 19, 2023 09:15

When are they gonna one in marble-cake

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: April 19, 2023 09:48

Rockman
With a DO NOT EAT warning

Date: April 19, 2023 17:05

Rockman

Wasn't the Let It Bleed cake from 2021 in marble already?

Date: April 19, 2023 19:57

Irix
VoodooLounge13

"Grey, Blue, Black and White Swirl Vinyl" - [Badlands.co.uk] , [www.HHV.de] , [Randoms.lv] , [NailCityRecord.com] . The above picture: [www.DisquaireDay.fr] , [Tower.jp] .

Thanks Irix! Looks like most places show the original marble version, which I myself prefer. I am hoping to snag a copy of both BB and Keef's album this Saturday. As I'm about 1 week away from closing on my house (VERY EXCITED!!!!), this will be my last Stones (or really any music) purchase for a coupla years.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: April 19, 2023 20:10

Ordered Rolling Stones Beggars Banquet and Keith Richards last month, had a payment order today, they will be shipped on Friday.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 19, 2023 20:29

SuperDeluxeEdition shows a different looking BB in an unboxing video. I prefer the one in the lrix post.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 19, 2023 20:59

Which RSD releases are you looking forward to?

I have my eyes on:
Allman Bros- Syria Mosque (Pittsburgh 1-17-71)
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club- Live at Levitation
Captain Beefheart...- Live at My Father's Place 1978
Hawkwind- The Iron Dream: Live 1977
Pearl Jam- Give Way
Jonathan Richman- Jonathan Goes Country
Yes- Live at Knoxville Civic Auditorium

Date: April 19, 2023 21:03

For me, Nashville, it's just the 2 Stones-related releases. I was a bit disappointed this year. If I see it, I may grab the Dio one for my oldest son. Dio's his favorite singer.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 19, 2023 21:06

VoodooLounge13
For me, Nashville, it's just the 2 Stones-related releases. I was a bit disappointed this year. If I see it, I may grab the Dio one for my oldest son. Dio's his favorite singer.

Yeah. Not the best list. I'm not too keen on live albums (obvious exceptions excluded) but I have many listed just because they're not something I have. Definitely ho-hum.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: April 19, 2023 21:12

NashvilleBlues
Which RSD releases are you looking forward to?

I have my eyes on:
Allman Bros- Syria Mosque (Pittsburgh 1-17-71)
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club- Live at Levitation
Captain Beefheart...- Live at My Father's Place 1978
Hawkwind- The Iron Dream: Live 1977
Pearl Jam- Give Way
Jonathan Richman- Jonathan Goes Country
Yes- Live at Knoxville Civic Auditorium

- pearl jam give way
- beggars
- black keys live at beachland tavern (recording of their first ever gig- tangerine vinyl and v limited - fingers crossed)

Date: April 19, 2023 21:15

frankotero

SuperDeluxeEdition shows a different looking BB in an unboxing video.

RSD 2023 - SDEtv Video Preview No.1 - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] , [www.YouTube.com] - (Pos. 5:22). It's a more grey version than depicted by ABKCO - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-19 21:20 by Irix.

Date: April 20, 2023 03:06

Hoping it looks more like the original picture than what was shown in the SDE video.

Date: April 20, 2023 16:25

So going back thru the list again this am, I might be interested in grabbing a copy of the Billy Joel release if I happen to see it, but not going to go out of my way to get one. The Norah Jones release looks interesting as well. Beyond that though, it's really just the main 2 I'm after.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 20, 2023 17:07

After seeing a few unboxing videos I'm thinking about The Police 45 and Elton John, that's a wild looking swirl design. Back to BB, maybe there's a chance Japan/USA will get the nicer version of splatter instead of swirl. That plus the folded poster kind of turns me off from buying it. Also, I will probably get The Winos 2LP. I like the etching and 3 photos.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 20, 2023 18:23

In Hands!!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 20, 2023 19:00

rogerriffin
In Hands!!

I’m in.. Those $250+ copies for sale on discogs are bit bummed this is getting a re-release

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home