Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Rory Gallagher Passes Away Today 6/14/1995
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: June 15, 2022 00:34

27 years ago! Had to post a little something to mark the occasion. Here he is slaying a German audience at Rockpalast in the 80's with a Chuck Berry number. Already looking a little worse for wear but totally kills it..

video: [www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Rory Gallagher Passes Away Today 6/14/1995
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 15, 2022 04:48

RIP Rory. He was a great one.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 15, 2022 07:45

RIP Rory, a gentleman.
[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 15, 2022 13:31

What a super talent of the fretboard . I was lucky enough to catch a club show way back in the late 70's and what a fiery blistering performance it was with plenty of fretboard pyro and incendiary guitar playing . R.I.P.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 15, 2022 14:39

Hello,

Lotta love here for RG...he's always worth remembering and celebrating: never saw him play live but blimey, he had it all!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: WillInUK ()
Date: June 15, 2022 15:30

I saw Rory at Wolves Civic Hall way back. Fantastic.

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: June 15, 2022 15:48

roryfaninva
27 years ago! Had to post a little something to mark the occasion. Here he is slaying a German audience at Rockpalast in the 80's with a Chuck Berry number. Already looking a little worse for wear but totally kills it..

Thank-you for this post and the 1982 live video, truly amazing.

Apparently Rory was a candidate guitarist to replace Mick Taylor but he declined, just like he declined other offers from other great bands (source: Wikipedia).

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 16, 2022 05:04

I never got to see Rory play, but I did very briefly meet him walking out of my local guitar shop In the middle of Ireland in 1993.

Date: June 16, 2022 13:02

TIRED

Apparently Rory was a candidate guitarist to replace Mick Taylor but he declined, just like he declined other offers from other great bands (source: Wikipedia).

He declined because the Stones - Keith- didn't show up i.e. was out of order.smoking smiley It wouldn't have worked anyway because Rory was a league of his own both as guitarist and singer.

"If you don't c sharp you'll b flat". - Muhammad Ali.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: June 16, 2022 14:57

Mick and Keith were huge Rory fans but apparently it was Stu, Glyn Johns and Marshall Chess who thought Rory would be the right replacement for MT. Pretty obvious to most people here he was not. Invited to Rotterdam and jammed for three days with Charlie Bill and Mick then left for a Japanese tour. Keith never showed up-Im sure he knew the idea was a non-starter. Ronnie Wood was the perfect pick. Impossible to imagine Rory in a band where he wasnt out front.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 16, 2022 18:01

Rory was special, and left us way too early in life.
RIP

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 16, 2022 21:51

I've mentioned here previously that young Irish band Dea Matrona do an excellent cover of Cradle Rock. Three young women who play lots of classic rock as well as originals. Unfortunately drummer Mamie McGinn left the band earlier this year to go to university. Check it out on Youtube!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 16, 2022 22:51

Me and my sister loved him and his music in the 70ies and 80ies.
Was lucky to catch a show in Cologne, Sporthalle - my father had to go with us kids, because I was 14 or 15 at the time...

I remember that after the support act another band played for a while and I wondered since when Rory has a violin plaer in his band. Bit just wasn't Rory and his band, it was a surprise gig by East of Eden...

Then came the man himself came on stage - it was wonderful - my first live concert...

Still hear him - love Taste (Isle of Wight), Live in Europe, Deuce, Irish Tour, Top Priority...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1904
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home