Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Will you wear a face mask when you attend the Stones show?
Date: June 15, 2022 13:20

No unless mandatory.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 15, 2022 13:27

I still wear my mask and have taken all of my shots including my second booster recently . COVID is still around wrecking all kinds of havoc . My way of thinking is that I am playing the long game and making sure I maintain the quality of my life for down the road . As ones health does not get easier as they set into there golden years and why add more stress to my health and welfare and instead try to maintain my health as best as possible.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: June 15, 2022 13:29

who of you that were already infected will wear masks at the shows?
I am suspicious that those who ask to wear masks haven't been infected yet...

Date: June 15, 2022 13:35

Erik_Snow
"getting chocked" "I refuse" ... hillarious. The princess and the pea.

I don't refuse. winking smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 15, 2022 13:39

StonedRambler
Witness
StonedRambler
The thing is everyone will get it sooner or later. There's no chance you can escape it for the rest of your life. So it's probably better to get it when the booster is still fresh then a few months later when it might not be as effective anymore - at least that's my opinion. I'm glad I handled my infection well, even if my physical condition was slowed down for a couple of weeks. Now I'm in great shape again and are glad I had it with all those concerts going on right now. I have nothing against masks and gladly wear them at the supermarked or public transport but at a concert where you want to sing loud and dance freely, it's just not the same. Now that I had it there's no fear of getting infected anymore. Of course a reinfection is possible but I handled it once, so I would handle it a second time, this time with even more antibodies in my blood from the infection that came on top of the booster.

I just feel really sorry for the people who are at risk and have to avoid an infection at any cost. That must be really hard when you have to adjust your whole life because you can't afford getting close to the virus. And I really don't know of the situation is ever gonna change. This thing is probably here to stay even if it might get weaker and more cold like (hopefully!) over time.

Within the same logic, inherent in the information presented earlier by the Norwegian health authorities FHI, I was thinking as much as your sentence, made out in bold. With a quite fresh third vaccine then, I wondered in late January by the same motive as yours if I ought to get in contact with the virus. However, the mentionned FHI all the same came out with an advice against such an approach. I even asked the same question in a couple of posts in the long covid thread on this site. Also here I was warned against it.

Now my vaccine is not fresh any more. Still it seems that I have not had the disease. By the way, those who get covid in Norway at the moment, are supposed by the health authorities to be especially persons that have not had covid from the omicron BA.2 and gained some stronger immunity from it, now exposed to the newer variant omicron BA.5. .

Of course they cannot recommend something that bears a certrain risk. No infection is always better than an infection. Even an infection after a fresh booster has a risk. So the recommendation is not to infect. The question is how realistic this is over time as society ignores Covid more and more and Covid rules are dropped by politics. If you stay inside most of the time and don't see many people which I did for over two years you can minimize the probability of an infection a lot. The question is how long do you want to live like that.

Well, as I told in an earlier post. I do not seek absolute maximum protection in any kind of situation, instead some degree of protection, especially during daily routines. Although I must admit more than I often would have preferred.

To be present in a more or less packed audience, makes me reflect about increased risk. Even more when I read the post from Silver Dagger above.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: June 15, 2022 13:40

People still so anxious may think twice about attending in the first place. Get a grip already!

Posted by: terry ()
Date: June 15, 2022 13:40

Nope

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 15, 2022 13:44

Fotinid
It's absurd that we had 2 years of constant medical information, deaths, so much anxiety and some people are still at level 1, like they were living under a rock. Like they're in kindergarten and they're throwing a tantrum.

Wearing a mask protects both you and the people near you. It's not a matter of personal preference or "hey you can wear I mask, I won't", it just doesn't work that way. I don't understand this entitled behavior, like the rest of us are not tired already or like we enjoy living in a world where you have to double-check every decision and be extra careful. Newsflash: no-one does! But you still have to do what you need to do if you decide to live in a society with other human beings.

I understand being fed up and tired, but guess what, the virus couldn't care less. So if I have to wear a mask to see the Stones with less of a risk of contracting it or transmitting it, well it's a small price to pay in comparison to the risks and to the hell we've been through since 2020.

Well saidthumbs up

“the virus couldn't care less”…exactly.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: June 15, 2022 13:51

calipachangero
People still so anxious may think twice about attending in the first place. Get a grip already!

Well said... Get a grip people!

Date: June 15, 2022 13:53

Silver Dagger
Wish I would have worn one in Liverpool and Amsterdam as I went to both places and tested positive last night after returning from the Dam.

I have not been in a crowd situation for ages and it's obvious that I caught it at one of those places - most likely Liverpool as it takes a while to manifest itself.

I know another IORR member who got struck down with it in Amsterdam.

…and some people say, “it’s over.”eye rolling smiley

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: June 15, 2022 13:57

Since the biggest study I´ve found concerning the effectiveness of wearing a mask (done by objective research in Denmark) showed little to no evidence of any significant effect, my answer is a big no. Also considering the very real and harmful effects of wearing one.

If I´m sympomatic I´ll look into wearing a gasmask under a Darth vader costume and make moves like Jagger in the back of the stadium ;-)

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 15, 2022 14:14

RisingStone
Silver Dagger
Wish I would have worn one in Liverpool and Amsterdam as I went to both places and tested positive last night after returning from the Dam.

I have not been in a crowd situation for ages and it's obvious that I caught it at one of those places - most likely Liverpool as it takes a while to manifest itself.

I know another IORR member who got struck down with it in Amsterdam.

…and some people say, “it’s over.”eye rolling smiley

Definitely not. It's rising right now. And there will be another wave in winter, for sure.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 15, 2022 14:18

calipachangero

Not a fair statement. We're all tired to death of this and want to get back to participating in life. Thinking people know Covid is still very much with us and because of this, may choose to wear masks. I'm going to McCartney tomorrow in NJ. Do you think I want to have a mask on? Of course I don't but because of the reality, I will wear one.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 15, 2022 14:37

MichaelLassen
Since the biggest study I´ve found concerning the effectiveness of wearing a mask (done by objective research in Denmark) showed little to no evidence of any significant effect, my answer is a big no. Also considering the very real and harmful effects of wearing one.

If I´m sympomatic I´ll look into wearing a gasmask under a Darth vader costume and make moves like Jagger in the back of the stadium ;-)

I don’t have any data, but just living in Japan it seems masks matter. In Japan, there is a long history of wearing masks, and Covid rates have been low. I grew in in the US where people sneeze in their bare hands (even women don’t carry tissue). So people sneeze or cough phlegm and snot into their hands like it’s nothing, and then other people say “bless you” or some nonsense, and then they touch door handles, escalator rails, etc. with their sticky fingers (stones reference!). It’s so gross, I just can’t believe there wouldnt be an impact?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-15 14:38 by drbryant.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 15, 2022 16:36

Stoneswolf

As I stated earlier, I have had COVID, and I still continue to mask up. I know plenty of people who have had it more than once, so I am not under any illusion that just because I've had it I'm now somehow immune to getting it again, and if I can lower my chances of re-getting it by wearing a bandana, then so be it. It's not that much of an inconvenience, and I honestly forget sometimes that I have it around my neck still.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 15, 2022 16:51

Civil Liberty v Civic Responsibility

Rod

Date: June 15, 2022 16:59

VoodooLounge13
Stoneswolf

As I stated earlier, I have had COVID, and I still continue to mask up. I know plenty of people who have had it more than once, so I am not under any illusion that just because I've had it I'm now somehow immune to getting it again, and if I can lower my chances of re-getting it by wearing a bandana, then so be it. It's not that much of an inconvenience, and I honestly forget sometimes that I have it around my neck still.

Good mindfulness, VoodooLounge13.

May I suggest you one thing? Consider using a good mask (e.g. N95) — bandana or cloth mask is not effective enough and does not protect you best. Some investment will keep you safer.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 15, 2022 17:26

Yes! Except I would be the only one who attends the show! cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-15 17:27 by RobertJohnson.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 15, 2022 17:34

Stoneswolf

I still do where necessary/risky. I have had it twice and had 4 shots. First time I had it in 2020 I am lucky it didn't kill me, second time minor illness. Personally I am fine with helping protect those who are vaccinated but haven't had it but don't give a flying f^ck about those who are unvaccinated who are unwilling to try and help themselves. They know who they are and so do I.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 15, 2022 18:09

babyblue
100 % Yes… just to be on safe side. It’s not over til it’s over.

Problem is ... when will that be? ... Not to mention, it was questionable the need for a mask to begin with, and most everything I've read is that it does nothing (unless you have one similar to N95 -- and even then, supposedly if not fitted properly, they also do nothing).

What I find funny is ... out and about, I'll estimate I see about 2% of the population wearing a mask - this includes my travels, recently to Nashville and upstate NY. But on here, it seems like 90%. Are all Stones fans the only masked marauders?

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: June 15, 2022 18:15

It’s not a problem for me, Covid is still around and in public German transport you’ll have to wear a mask as well my Amsterdam - Berlin train from the German border till Berlin, I got my shots

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 15, 2022 18:21

LeonidP
babyblue

Problem is ... when will that be? ... Not to mention, it was questionable the need for a mask to begin with, and most everything I've read is that it does nothing (unless you have one similar to N95 -- and even then, supposedly if not fitted properly, they also do nothing).

What I find funny is ... out and about, I'll estimate I see about 2% of the population wearing a mask - this includes my travels, recently to Nashville and upstate NY. But on here, it seems like 90%. Are all Stones fans the only masked marauders?

Upstate NY is a whooooooooooooooooole separate animal. Many feel like it's impeding on their civil rights by being mandated to get vax'd, wear a mask, etc. They refuse to do anything simply because someone is MAKING them to do it. It's the most asinine thing I've ever heard, and they support their beliefs by surrounding themselves with like-minded folks on social media.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 15, 2022 18:25

VoodooLounge13
LeonidP
babyblue

Upstate NY is a whooooooooooooooooole separate animal. Many feel like it's impeding on their civil rights by being mandated to get vax'd, wear a mask, etc. They refuse to do anything simply because someone is MAKING them to do it. It's the most asinine thing I've ever heard, and they support their beliefs by surrounding themselves with like-minded folks on social media.

Point being ... so many not wearing masks. I don't see all this talk anymore of everyone dying from it. Masks were crazy to begin with, I always felt, only ever wore when necessary, at a time when stores etc. required it. Never again!!

Date: June 15, 2022 18:48

Another common misunderstanding shared by some quarters of the general public is that they believe vaccination is enough to protect their body. Once you are double-vaccinated or get a booster, it’s okay to take off a mask, mix with people, no social distance necessary — it doesn’t work that way. To achieve the goal of minimum infection, vaccination and wearing a face mask need to go together, not one or the other, along with other safety measures. Too much to bother about? I’m afraid that’s the situation in which we are living.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 15, 2022 19:00

VoodooLounge13
LeonidP
babyblue

Most of the South is that way, too.

Posted by: Gram ()
Date: June 15, 2022 19:38

RisingStone
Another common misunderstanding shared by some quarters of the general public is that they believe vaccination is enough to protect their body. Once you are double-vaccinated or get a booster, it’s okay to take off a mask, mix with people, no social distance necessary — it doesn’t work that way. To achieve the goal of minimum infection, vaccination and wearing a face mask need to go together, not one or the other, along with other safety measures. Too much to bother about? I’m afraid that’s the situation in which we are living.

With respect you’re very much in the minority with this. Hardly anyone wears a mask in the UK anymore (except, for example, those young people working in some restaurants/theatres who are made to wear them as Covid theatre), and I’m sure it’s increasingly the case in other countries. The vast majority of people have either had the virus and got over it, or know someone who has had it, and have made the sensible decision to get on with life. Covid isn’t going to disappear but fortunately it now has the same fatality rate as flu. Each to their own - however, mask wearing is well and truly over for the vast majority of us, despite how it might seem on here.

Date: June 15, 2022 19:51

VoodooLounge13
LeonidP
babyblue

The first thing they scream about is there rights and liberty being infringed upon . Does COVID care about ones personal beliefs ? NO it does not .

Date: June 15, 2022 19:54

Wearing a mask and protecting ones self is so easy and painless to do , and maintains ones quality of life . Pretty easy !

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: June 15, 2022 20:22

steffialicia
Kennedy
@#$%& no.

And no, I don’t care if it hurts your feelings or makes you feel uncomfortable. Mind your own business.

That's ok until your business becomes my business.

And I will still give zero @#$%&.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: June 15, 2022 20:23

daspyknows
RisingStone
Kennedy
@#$%& no.

And no, I don’t care if it hurts your feelings or makes you feel uncomfortable. Mind your own business.

May you not be assassinated by the virus.

I he doesn't care if he is assassinated by the virus we shouldn't either.

Agreed. I will say it again. Mind your OWN business, not mine. That's my whole point. You do you. I'll do me. Mask up all you want, weirdos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-15 20:29 by Kennedy.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1996
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home