Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Will you wear a face mask when you attend the Stones show?
Posted by: Hutchence ()
Date: June 15, 2022 02:21

No

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 15, 2022 02:38

I wear a bandana anytime I'm going out. And I wore one to the Nashville show last year. I keep it on all day as an accessory, and this way if I run out anywhere, I don't have to worry about forgetting a mask. I will most likely continue to wear it for a long time to come. How many years, I don't really know, but I am going to continue, and I don't care how many people gawk at me, or if I am the only one. I've had COVID, though thankfully a very mild case. I'm not vax'd, have no plans on getting it, and if wearing a bandana affords me even an ounce of protection, I've no problem with it. I can't stand the masks because the loops pull on my ears ruthlessly.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: June 15, 2022 03:16

@#$%& no.

And no, I don’t care if it hurts your feelings or makes you feel uncomfortable. Mind your own business.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 15, 2022 03:28

Kennedy
@#$%& no.

And no, I don’t care if it hurts your feelings or makes you feel uncomfortable. Mind your own business.

That's ok until your business becomes my business.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 15, 2022 03:43

Kennedy
@#$%& no.

May you not be assassinated by the virus.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 15, 2022 04:09

RisingStone
Kennedy
@#$%& no.

May you not be assassinated by the virus.

I he doesn't care if he is assassinated by the virus we shouldn't either.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 15, 2022 04:19

In Japan, Covid has never been a major cause of illness or death (1/3 US population but 1/30 deaths). Population is older and Vaccination rate is not that different (80% two shots 65% three). So it’s either because of masks (99% wear both indoors and outdoors) or because obesity is very low, or both.

It might be that masks don’t help that much and it is the obesity that is causing problems. I had a “Baconator” at Wendy’s here in Tokyo and it was the greasieat, saltiest, nastiest thing I have ever eaten. It tasted OK. @#$%& nasty fast food - no wonder people are in such shitty physical condition.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 15, 2022 04:27

Mentioned in another thread, but at the two L.A. shows in October where masks and proof of vaccine were a requirement, hardly anybody that I saw kept there mask on.
This was pre-Omicron though, and since I had my vaccine doses, it didn't bother me - in fact I might have even had my mask off as well. winking smiley

These days though, even though vaxxed/boosted, not sure if the idea of getting a sickness with even minor cold-like symptoms is worth it, and wearing a mask might be a good idea in crowded places.
Just ask Mick - out and about not wearing a mask and testing positive with the possibility of throwing an entire tour in jeopardy, and at the least having two shows postponed.
Hope he gets better quick, but I imagine from this point forward he'll be wearing a mask just about everywhere again...might even see him and the entire band on stage wearing masks...

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: June 15, 2022 04:28

I'm considering wearing one at Hyde Park. I'm having major surgery shortly after the trip and would rather not have any postponements or other complications just before.

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: June 15, 2022 04:30

In Vietnam we wear mask most of the time in public places and it does not bother anyone. It is a pure sign of respect for the others that is common in Confucian societies.
Last year Nashville I was one of the only one wearing but in LA1 there were much more masks in the Pit.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 15, 2022 04:31

The thing is everyone will get it sooner or later. There's no chance you can escape it for the rest of your life. So it's probably better to get it when the booster is still fresh then a few months later when it might not be as effective anymore - at least that's my opinion. I'm glad I handled my infection well, even if my physical condition was slowed down for a couple of weeks. Now I'm in great shape again and are glad I had it with all those concerts going on right now. I have nothing against masks and gladly wear them at the supermarked or public transport but at a concert where you want to sing loud and dance freely, it's just not the same. Now that I had it there's no fear of getting infected anymore. Of course a reinfection is possible but I handled it once, so I would handle it a second time, this time with even more antibodies in my blood from the infection that came on top of the booster.

I just feel really sorry for the people who are at risk and have to avoid an infection at any cost. That must be really hard when you have to adjust your whole life because you can't afford getting close to the virus. And I really don't know of the situation is ever gonna change. This thing is probably here to stay even if it might get weaker and more cold like (hopefully!) over time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-15 04:36 by StonedRambler.

Date: June 15, 2022 04:47

Two words: Long COVID

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 15, 2022 06:23

Kennedy
@#$%& no.

ooh! A man’s man.

Date: June 15, 2022 06:35

Two words: Kennedy curse

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 15, 2022 06:53

Dead Kennedys

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 15, 2022 07:16

I won’t be wearing a covering. I do respect those who do, however.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 15, 2022 07:29

100 % Yes… just to be on safe side. It’s not over til it’s over.

Date: June 15, 2022 07:35

babyblue
100 % Yes… just to be on safe side. It’s not over til it’s over.
I respect that but I would like to know what would "over" look like? It feels like it won't go anywhere unfortantely

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: June 15, 2022 07:37

Absolutely not!

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 15, 2022 08:33

StonedRambler
The thing is everyone will get it sooner or later. There's no chance you can escape it for the rest of your life. So it's probably better to get it when the booster is still fresh then a few months later when it might not be as effective anymore - at least that's my opinion. I'm glad I handled my infection well, even if my physical condition was slowed down for a couple of weeks. Now I'm in great shape again and are glad I had it with all those concerts going on right now. I have nothing against masks and gladly wear them at the supermarked or public transport but at a concert where you want to sing loud and dance freely, it's just not the same. Now that I had it there's no fear of getting infected anymore. Of course a reinfection is possible but I handled it once, so I would handle it a second time, this time with even more antibodies in my blood from the infection that came on top of the booster.

I just feel really sorry for the people who are at risk and have to avoid an infection at any cost. That must be really hard when you have to adjust your whole life because you can't afford getting close to the virus. And I really don't know of the situation is ever gonna change. This thing is probably here to stay even if it might get weaker and more cold like (hopefully!) over time.

Within the same logic, inherent in the information presented earlier by the Norwegian health authorities FHI, I was thinking as much as your sentence, made out in bold. With a quite fresh third vaccine then, I wondered in late January by the same motive as yours if I ought to get in contact with the virus. However, the mentionned FHI all the same came out with an advice against such an approach. I even asked the same question in a couple of posts in the long covid thread on this site. Also here I was warned against it.

Now my vaccine is not fresh any more. Still it seems that I have not had the disease. By the way, those who get covid in Norway at the moment, are supposed by the health authorities to be especially persons that have not had covid from the omicron BA.2 and gained some stronger immunity from it, now exposed to the newer variant omicron BA.5. .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-15 08:36 by Witness.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 15, 2022 08:42

I think our views on this will mirror the covering-wearing culture of where we each inhabit. Here, in the U.K., it’s a definite minority who are wearing a covering, where as, I am sure, in other nations it is still very much the ‘social norm’ as It’s very much a choice, I feel, and I absolutely believe that one should respect the decisions of others. In the past, on both sides of the fence, we’ve had unnecessary keyboard-warrior conflict.

Posted by: jenyk ()
Date: June 15, 2022 09:47

No. Mask should be used for protection other people if I am sick. And If I am sick I should´nt go to the show. It´s easy.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: June 15, 2022 10:18

Definitely not. It's harmful. Read science documents on why doctors wear masks during conducting operations.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 15, 2022 10:25

I might on Hyde Park 1, but only not to miss Hyde Park 2

Date: June 15, 2022 12:01

Witness
StonedRambler

Within the same logic, inherent in the information presented earlier by the Norwegian health authorities FHI, I was thinking as much as your sentence, made out in bold. With a quite fresh third vaccine then, I wondered in late January by the same motive as yours if I ought to get in contact with the virus. However, the mentionned FHI all the same came out with an advice against such an approach. I even asked the same question in a couple of posts in the long covid thread on this site. Also here I was warned against it.

Now my vaccine is not fresh any more. Still it seems that I have not had the disease. By the way, those who get covid in Norway at the moment, are supposed by the health authorities to be especially persons that have not had covid from the omicron BA.2 and gained some stronger immunity from it, now exposed to the newer variant omicron BA.5. .

Of course they cannot recommend something that bears a certrain risk. No infection is always better than an infection. Even an infection after a fresh booster has a risk. So the recommendation is not to infect. The question is how realistic this is over time as society ignores Covid more and more and Covid rules are dropped by politics. If you stay inside most of the time and don't see many people which I did for over two years you can minimize the probability of an infection a lot. The question is how long do you want to live like that.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 15, 2022 12:26

Wish I would have worn one in Liverpool and Amsterdam as I went to both places and tested positive last night after returning from the Dam.

I have not been in a crowd situation for ages and it's obvious that I caught it at one of those places - most likely Liverpool as it takes a while to manifest itself.

I know another IORR member who got struck down with it in Amsterdam.

Date: June 15, 2022 12:32

No, not at any concert. Unless the law requires it. I feel like getting choked wearing a mask for more then 10 minutes, at any place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-15 12:32 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 15, 2022 12:38

"getting chocked" "I refuse" ... hillarious. The princess and the pea.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: June 15, 2022 12:41

No way!

Posted by: Fotinid ()
Date: June 15, 2022 13:13

It's absurd that we had 2 years of constant medical information, deaths, so much anxiety and some people are still at level 1, like they were living under a rock. Like they're in kindergarten and they're throwing a tantrum.

Wearing a mask protects both you and the people near you. It's not a matter of personal preference or "hey you can wear I mask, I won't", it just doesn't work that way. I don't understand this entitled behavior, like the rest of us are not tired already or like we enjoy living in a world where you have to double-check every decision and be extra careful. Newsflash: no-one does! But you still have to do what you need to do if you decide to live in a society with other human beings.

I understand being fed up and tired, but guess what, the virus couldn't care less. So if I have to wear a mask to see the Stones with less of a risk of contracting it or transmitting it, well it's a small price to pay in comparison to the risks and to the hell we've been through since 2020.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1805
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home