Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Will you wear a face mask when you attend the Stones show?
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 14, 2022 21:31

I will. Definitely. A quality one.

It is a common misunderstanding shared by many people that you don’t get COVID outside, at an open air event. Wrong. If it’s true, how come an outbreak happened at music festivals, football matches, horse races etc?

Okay, the probability of infection is supposedly less than inside an indoor venue — but it doesn’t mean there is zero contagion guaranteed there.

I was at the Royal Albert Hall in early May for the Eric Clapton concerts. And I was horrified to observe only a handful of people — maybe about five as far as I noticed — wearing face masks.

After two years of the life under the pandemic, people are now getting to the stage of becoming too used to it. Contrary to the popular theory, COVID is not over. There’s a disaster waiting to happen.

And it raided the Stones and the fans in the form of Mick testing positive and the indefinite postponements of the two shows.

I will protect myself as well as other people by wearing a face mask. I know it’s not 100% effective but helps reduce the potential hazard considerably.

Re: Will you wear a face mask when you attend the Stones show?
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 14, 2022 21:38

I might.
I had one with me yesterday, but wasn’t really planning on using it.
But the numbers are going up again and I really don’t mind wearing one.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 14, 2022 21:38

No, don't wear them anywhere else, lol

Posted by: makim ()
Date: June 14, 2022 21:52

Sure, it's not over yet.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 14, 2022 21:54

Depends on the situation. Just like I do here. Have a bunch packed for my trip. Also timed my second booster to be at maximum effectiveness for tour.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 14, 2022 21:56

In Japan, close to 100% of the population wears masks, even outdoors, although it has never been required. I was in the pit in Munich and didn't wear a mask.

If there is a US tour, I will probably wear a mask because if I am sick, I would not want to pass it to so many US fat people, who seem to die at a much higher rate.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: June 14, 2022 22:02

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-14 23:06 by wiredallnight.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 14, 2022 22:35

makim
Sure, it's not over yet.

It likely never will be.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 14, 2022 22:36

Absolutely not.

Posted by: Gram ()
Date: June 14, 2022 22:36

Given that they don’t work, and that everyone who hasn’t already had Covid is going to catch it at some point (and we’re all going to keep catching it throughout our lives building up our natural immunity as we do so), then no, I won’t be wearing a mask

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: June 14, 2022 22:37

covid is done for me i dont care since 3 month, so for sure i will not use any kind of mask, if its not mandatory!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 14, 2022 22:45

I haven't wore a mask in many months, so I kind of miss it, so yes, I might dig them up again, at least during the entrance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-14 22:45 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 14, 2022 23:00

> Will you wear a face mask when you attend the Stones show? <

Yes, when entering/leaving the venue, in public transport, etc - but not during the concert itself. Singing & shouting at a Rock-Show is important for me - and with an FFP2/N95 mask I can hardly breath.

Had to miss Genesis' last concerts in Germany in March 2022 because FFP2-masks during the show were mandatory .... sad smiley

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 14, 2022 23:03

Gram
Given that they don’t work, and that everyone who hasn’t already had Covid is going to catch it at some point (and we’re all going to keep catching it throughout our lives building up our natural immunity as we do so), then no, I won’t be wearing a mask

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-14 23:04 by steffialicia.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 14, 2022 23:05

I was more or less the only one who wore a mask at the show in Munich. Same in Liverpool (and at the Clapton shows in Amsterdam). And I don't see any reason to change my behaviour…

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: June 14, 2022 23:19

I went to Atlanta from Germany last year, masks all the way, had one with me but did not use it in Pit B. No complications. In Munich similar: travelled by train 6 hours wearing masks, at the show: No mask in A3, saw only few people in Pit A wearing them. Got some red flags later from show day but could be train as well. Now my wife is positive since yesterday from different source, lost her smell, but we are still hoping to make it for London Hyde Park1.

You csn never tell, but it is not over yet

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 14, 2022 23:31

I wore a N95 mask at all the shows, I attended, in the USA last fall. I plan to do the same for the shows I will attend next month in Europe. Would not be fun to catch Covid while on the road.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 14, 2022 23:45

If I am to use my GA ticket to Stockholm, (for quite long I was in no doubt), I will probably be wearing a mask at least parts of the time, maybe all the time. - A new corona wave is expected in Norway by FHI (one of the major Norwegian health authorities), reported even today, maybe already during summer. It is apparently about the variant omicron BA.5, unless something new emerges. The vital thing, what the situation will be by then in Sweden in the last days of July, I have so far no information of or any qualified guesses.

In fact, I still regularly wear a mask in buses, trains and shops, but have made a few exceptions in cafes and once in a pub. I don't use it on the stands at fotball matches, though. That is, I maybe don't seek maximum protection, but quite a high percentage.

Added: I did not wear a mask on May 17 during a concert indoors in Oslo with Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-14 23:58 by Witness.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 14, 2022 23:49

In Japan we usually wear masks but not “N95.” I am thinking og getting some for The next show because if I test positive, I won’t be able to come back to Japan. No disrespect to angreat city, but I dont want to spend a week trying to work from a hotel room in Brussels while I try to get a clean test result!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 14, 2022 23:51

certainly not, two years is enough for me, we have to deal with it same as the flue just build up your natural immunity and things will work out fine......actually I even don't think of C the last couple of months

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: June 15, 2022 00:00

Absolutely not. Always thought it was ridiculous outside. If I don't feel well, I stay home. Expecting the same of others.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 15, 2022 00:05

Not sure yet but I always carry a mask with me just in case. I am triple vaccinated and wore antiviral masks, but even so I finally got Covid just recently. I recovered three weeks ago and have not really been wearing a mask since, as I am hoping that I may have acquired or regained some kind of immunity to tide me over against another bout until a fourth shot is offered in another few months (or so it seems).

I am not at all sure that it works that way, however. It could be that the infection gave me some immunity against one strain but none against others. I feel it's still hard to know anything much about this virus and what it might do next.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 15, 2022 00:25

I only wear a mask on trains and buses which I use quite frequently, and if the rules change here in UK, as it was in lockdown etc. I would quite happily agree with that.
I have probably had 50+lateral flow tests and about a dozen PCR tests since the start of the pandemic, mainly for visits to see my 96 year old Mum in her Care Home, and also going to gigs in Kingston area, travelling within Europe a couple of times, and coming back home again.
Also hospital visits to do with a total knee replacement............. I finally had on January 31st and back home in the afternoon on February 1st.

Not one positive result, and quite happy and thankful I've got through it all, and still fit and healthy as I was before the covid business kicked off, and a couple of years older since then as well . thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 15, 2022 00:26

Deppy could turn up as
Thee Lone Ranger and nobody would know

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 15, 2022 00:43

Nobody gets immunity from the current round of Covid. You can get reinfected rather easily. I still wear a mask in grocery stores, and other indoor facilities. I will take my chances at the Hollywood Bowl this July, as it is outside and most people have the common sense to get vaccinated and boosted.

Date: June 15, 2022 01:04

I spent time in Asia in 2003/2004. I got used to wearing a mask back then. It doesn't bother me.

Me wearing a mask at a Stones concert (I have worn them at many) is the norm.

If others, choose not to wear one I am fine with it.

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: June 15, 2022 01:07

For what? Absolutely not

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 15, 2022 01:33

Sometimes I wonder if intelligence/reality has any chance. Tired of the debate and the political correctness that surrounds it. One side against the other. If you're not on my side your bad, stupid or plain wrong. Welcome to the new world. "YOU" helped create it.

Posted by: Iggyrichards ()
Date: June 15, 2022 01:38

No!

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 15, 2022 01:53

eduardoacdc
For what? Absolutely not

The answers are all in my first post.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1962
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10