Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: BBC Anniversary Programming - Stones 60th
Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 6, 2022 07:48

I watched these over the last 2 Days. Micks, Charlie’s, Ronnies & Keith’s in that order of enjoyment. Mick seemed the most open strangely. Charlie’s episode I thought captured the man the best despite him not being there. Cool to hear him live from 1959!

There could be a Watts wing in some museum it seems, between the drums and and his Civil War memorabilia along with his other pastime collections.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 6, 2022 16:14

Just watched the Keith episode. Great stuff.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 6, 2022 17:25

Just seen on the TV magazine that the Keith and Ronnie Episodes are on UK BBC 2 Saturday evening, followed by an hour of one of the two MSG gigs back in January 2003.
Myself, brother in law and nephew were at the first gig, and it was great. smileys with beer

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 6, 2022 17:41

Binged thru the whole thing now. Gotta say I enjoyed it.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 7, 2022 10:00

Posted by: nickdominguez ()
Date: July 8, 2022 13:13

Re: Wiltern 2002 - to be released
Posted by: caoutchouc ()
Date: July 8, 2022 21:40

Hello I don't why but for me the download doesn't work? Help me please! confused smiley

Date: July 9, 2022 19:12

Also I just noticed on UK BBC 4 they got Crossfire Hurricane from Midnight to 1.50am.

Got my evening planned with an hour of Keith Richard followed by an hour of Ronnie Wood and then an hour of The Rolling Stones at MSG January 2003,and I was there,all on UK BBC 2 Saturday July 9th.

Hope I can stay awake for Crossfire Hurricane. thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-09 19:16 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 10, 2022 01:58

What I get from these docus:
Mick is the brain of the band
Keith is the heart and soul
Ronnie is the glue that keeps them together
Havent seen the Charlie episode yet, he must be the solid foundation they all build on

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: July 10, 2022 02:11

Now that is just such a great feckin' photo......

Date: July 10, 2022 20:50

Watched all the Rolling Stones programmes on BBC Saturday evening starting at 9pm and finishing at 1.50am.

All of them were great viewing and had a lye in this morning till about 10am.

Just got the Charlie program left to see. thumbs up

Date: July 11, 2022 18:09

I think Keith's and Ronnie's documentaries are a bit unnecessary since there are Somebody Up There Likes Me and Under the Influence which are more in-depth than the BBC docus

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 12, 2022 00:33

NilsHolgersson
I think Keith's and Ronnie's documentaries are a bit unnecessary since there are Somebody Up There Likes Me and Under the Influence which are more in-depth than the BBC docus

yeah but i've never been able to see them

so i'll take these

and i watched the quiet one after charlie's episode

i recommend the rest of you do that too as it really brought it all together nicely

and was keith's origin of the species replayed on the bbc with the rest of the stones related programs?

i watched that before keith episode and thought the worked well together

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 12, 2022 00:50

ProfessorWolf

yeah but i've never been able to see them

"Somebody Up There Likes Me" is available on Prime-Video - [www.Amazon.com] and "Under the Influence" can be found on Netflix - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Date: July 12, 2022 01:13

Charlie's episode doesn't name his cause of death which is a bit weird to me, what documentary about a famous person doesn't do that?

Date: July 12, 2022 01:35

NilsHolgersson

Charlie's episode doesn't name his cause of death which is a bit weird to me, what documentary about a famous person doesn't do that?

Maybe they still don't wanna talk about it and maybe Charlie's biography - [iorr.org] - will give a hint.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 12, 2022 01:58

Irix
NilsHolgersson

Maybe they still don't wanna talk about it and maybe Charlie's biography - [iorr.org] - will give a hint.

Ronnie has given a big hint - that he visited Charlie at the same hospital and same wing that he was treated in ie The Royal Marsden. That pretty much spells out what Charlie was being treated for.

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Date: July 12, 2022 02:15

Lady Jayne

Ronnie has given a big hint

Keith as well with: "Charlie just got hit with the double whammy" - [iorr.org] . And Dave Green's remark about 9 weeks hospital - [iorr.org] . Keith also recently made a remark about when Charlie's illness began.

Rolling Stones 'My Life As a Rolling Stone' Documentary
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 20, 2022 23:06

FROM BILLBOARD MAGAZINE: "The Rolling Stones will continue the celebration of their 60th anniversary in an upcoming four-part docuseries on EPIX entitled My Life as a Rolling Stone. According to a release, each episode will focus in on one of the legendary band’s most iconic members, with in depths looks at singer Mick Jagger, guitarists Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood and late drummer Charlie Watts.'

The series promises to explore different dimensions of each man’s personality as well as their musical and cultural impact while diving into the band’s creativity, inspirations and how they “individually and collectively have overcome adversity, notoriety and personal demons to write the soundtrack of our times.”

The series is directed by Oliver Murray (The Quiet One) and Clare Tavernor (Keith Richards: A Culture Show Special) and executive produced by Steve Condie, SVP, Content, Mercury Studios; Mercury Studios is the series’ producer."

I think it debuts in August on a lower tier steaming service in America called Epix. They're using the same director Bill Wyman used for The Quiet One. It looks like Bill himself will be a footnote. I don't expect anything new. Maybe there's footage unavailable at the time of Crossfire Hurricane. If the documentary focuses on their later years, it won't be very compelling.

Re: Rolling Stones 'My Life As a Rolling Stone' Documentary
Date: July 20, 2022 23:30

See here - [iorr.org] . Epix was mentioned there as well. Downloads of the BBC-series - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-20 23:35 by Irix.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 20, 2022 23:51

Thanks. What I posted does have a bit more detail. And I hate to by cynical, but what can they produce that we haven't seen before?

Date: July 20, 2022 23:56

24FPS

what can they produce that we haven't seen before?

Episode 4 about Charlie. Nicely done.

You can watch it live on 23-Jul-2022, 9pm (UK-Time) on BBC Two - [www.BBC.co.uk] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-21 00:05 by Irix.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 21, 2022 04:15

Not being a vpn-er, how/when/can I watch this in Australia? Ever?

Rod

Posted by: winos ()
Date: July 21, 2022 07:10

I'm sure ABC will pick it up over our summer in preparation of a Stones Aust /NZ tour early next year!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 21, 2022 07:41

and you can download it here

as irix posted above

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 21, 2022 10:37

aaaaaawwwwww Transfer expired ....

ROCKMAN

Date: July 21, 2022 10:38

Charlie one is fantastic!

Date: July 21, 2022 10:55

Rockman

Transfer expired ....

Not here - [iorr.org] .

Date: July 23, 2022 19:43

Will be watching the Charlie documentary on UK BBC2 tonight, followed by Some Girls Live in Texas, followed by Live at Wiltern Theatre.

Also on IORR seeing all the news coming in about the Stones Paris gig. smileys with beer

Date: July 24, 2022 12:50

25x5 is still the best docu on the Stones imho, Crossfire Hurricane and My Life as a Rolling Stone don't really go further than the 1981/82 tour, at least 25x5 also covers the 80s with the solo efforts and the Steel Wheels 'comeback'.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home