Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
BBC Anniversary Programming - Stones 60th
Date: June 14, 2022 19:25

I found this on their website. Sorry if I missed a discussion.

Anyone have insight on this?

As the Rolling Stones celebrate SIXTY years in 2022 the BBC will honour the band with a month long of programming across their networks, including four special programmes featuring new interviews with the band. Stay tuned for more updates!

Glad to see they are still showing Charlie:

[rollingstones.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-27 16:24 by bv.

Re: BBC Anniversary Programming
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: June 16, 2022 03:11

hot smiley

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: June 18, 2022 20:18

Anyone know when this will start airing?

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: June 20, 2022 10:59

Wouldn't it be great if they broadcast rare or yet unheard recordings?

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: June 20, 2022 13:24

saltoftheearth
Wouldn't it be great if they broadcast rare or yet unheard recordings?

Yeah!
Both Crossfire Hurricane and Stones in Exile had that, albeit often with dialogue on top.
I wrote the editor and director of the latter back in the day and they said they were given a harddisk with, roughly, half an hour of banter and outtakes. It held no notes or info about when and where the stuff originated.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: June 21, 2022 10:34

I wish they would play a soundboard recording of 'Roll over Beethoven' recorded during the Tour of Europe 1970. I dobelieve taht some recording might exist.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 21, 2022 22:01

All four of the films will be live on BBC iPlayer from Saturday 2 July,
with the Mick Jagger film premiering on BBC Two this week,
the Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood films broadcast back to back next week on BBC Two,
and the Charlie Watts film airing later in July.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: Ali ()
Date: June 21, 2022 23:26

In addition to the four-part BBC Two series, a curated collection of landmark concerts and documentaries will be available on BBC iPlayer including Sticky Fingers Live at the Fonda Theatre (2015), The Rolling Stones - Totally Stripped (2016), Live Licked in NYC (2003), Crossfire Hurricane (2012), Some Girls: Live In Texas '78, and The Rolling Stones Live At The Wiltern Theatre (2002).

And on BBC Radio 2 and BBC Sounds is a world exclusive two-hour audio documentary, Rolling With The Stones, drawn from hours of unheard interviews from the band’s own archives, alongside rarely heard music and performances.
1 of 4 episodes

It says "this week" but I think it means week 27 with the first episode likely on the 2nd of July

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 21, 2022 23:36

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: June 22, 2022 00:06

Ali
In addition to the four-part BBC Two series, a curated collection of landmark concerts and documentaries will be available on BBC iPlayer including Sticky Fingers Live at the Fonda Theatre (2015), The Rolling Stones - Totally Stripped (2016), Live Licked in NYC (2003), Crossfire Hurricane (2012), Some Girls: Live In Texas '78, and The Rolling Stones Live At The Wiltern Theatre (2002).

And on BBC Radio 2 and BBC Sounds is a world exclusive two-hour audio documentary, Rolling With The Stones, drawn from hours of unheard interviews from the band’s own archives, alongside rarely heard music and performances.
1 of 4 episodes

It says "this week" but I think it means week 27 with the first episode likely on the 2nd of July
The Rolling Stones Live At The Wiltern Theatre (2002).
Would this be a new release?
I know some tracks are on Four Flicks but it look strange to name it with all official live releases.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: June 22, 2022 00:13

spunky
Ali

1 of 4 episodes

I know some tracks are on Four Flicks but it look strange to name it with all official live releases.

Yep, brand new winking smiley

Jumping Jack Flash
Live With Me
Neighbours
Hand Of Fate
No Expectations
Beast Of Burden
Stray Cat Blues
Dance Pt. 1
Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (with Solomon Burke)
That's How Strong My Love Is
Going To A Go Go
--- Introductions
Thru And Thru
You Don't Have To Mean It
Can't You Hear Me Knocking (with Jim Keltner on percussions)
Rock Me Baby
Bitch
Honky Tonk Women
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Tumbling Dice (encore)

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: June 22, 2022 00:24

Great! Only audio or also video?

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 22, 2022 01:42

Ali

I hope someone warned Mr Wyman that they were "borrowing" the title of one of his books....

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 22, 2022 09:03

AntoineParis
spunky
Ali

1 of 4 episodes

Yep, brand new winking smiley

Jumping Jack Flash
Live With Me
Neighbours
Hand Of Fate
No Expectations
Beast Of Burden
Stray Cat Blues
Dance Pt. 1
Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (with Solomon Burke)
That's How Strong My Love Is
Going To A Go Go
--- Introductions
Thru And Thru
You Don't Have To Mean It
Can't You Hear Me Knocking (with Jim Keltner on percussions)
Rock Me Baby
Bitch
Honky Tonk Women
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Tumbling Dice (encore)

Great setlist!

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: June 22, 2022 09:34

That would be a great release the complete Wiltern show

‘My Life as a Rolling Stone’ Docuseries to celebrate 60th
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 21, 2022 19:49

So they are doing something after all to celebrate the 60th ;-)

"Each episode will offer an intimate, individual portrait of one of the band’s core four — Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, and Ronnie Wood...

The Rolling Stones will celebrate 60 years as a band with a special four-part docuseries, My Life as a Rolling Stone, set to premiere Aug. 7 on Epix.

The new series will tell the story of the Stones in a unique way: Each episode will offer up an individual portrait of one of the band’s core four members for the bulk of its existence: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, late drummer Charlie Watts, and Ronnie Wood.

My Life as a Rolling Stone was co-directed by Oliver Murray and Clare Travenor, both of whom have worked on Stones-related projects before. Murray helmed the 2019 doc on co-founding bassist Bill Wyman, The Quiet One, while in 2010 Travenor directed a Richards-centric TV special tied to the release of his autobiography Life. "

Details here [www.rollingstone.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-21 19:51 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 22, 2022 23:27

So where is Brian Jones's hour special, the founder of the group

Date: June 23, 2022 05:21

Hopefully they'll include something about Ian Stewart, Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman along with Brian. Sadly, in more recent times they are forgotten or overlooked.

NilsHolgersson
So where is Brian Jones's hour special, the founder of the group

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 24, 2022 23:07

Trailer on BBC2 confirming Mick's section of the documentary airs on July 2nd.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 24, 2022 23:50

Green Lady

Trailer on BBC2 confirming Mick's section of the documentary airs on July 2nd.

"My Life as a Rolling Stone" - (Series 1 Episode 1 of 4) - BBC TWO - 02-Jul-2022, 21:30 - [www.BBC.co.uk] , [www.BBC.co.uk] . Trailer: [www.BBC.co.uk] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-25 00:00 by Irix.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 25, 2022 01:08

Really looking forward to this series. Hope it's somehow possible to watch it from Germany

Date: June 25, 2022 10:35

StonedRambler

Hope it's somehow possible to watch it from Germany

The method with the Livestream-Playlist works abroad - [iorr.org] .

Date of Documentary announced?
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 24, 2022 19:54

[screeningfix.com]
The Rolling Stones Have Announced The Date Of Their Upcoming Documentary Series

The Rolling Stones announced a four-part documentary titled ‘My Life as a Rolling Stones’ to commemorate the band’s 60th anniversary. According to Deadline, fans were also informed of the release date. The Rolling Stones have had an impact on the rock scene since their debut in 1962, with many albums and tours over the course of their 60-year career. Songs like ‘Gimme Shelter,’ ‘Sympathy For The Devil,’ and ‘Wild Horses’ were well-known worldwide. To date, the band has received numerous accolades and has influenced many musicians. Their songs have been used in numerous films and television shows, and have been covered by musicians.

During the tours, the band continues to meet with fans. They announced that they would embark on the ‘Sixty Tour’ in March 2022. The tour began on June 1 and will conclude on July 31, 2022. Throughout the tour, they performed their significant songs and shared special moments with the fans. While the tour was still in full swing, the band recently shared some exciting news.

They announced that their documentary, ‘My Life as a Rolling Stone,’ will be released on Epix on August 7th. Michael Wright, President of Epix, expressed his excitement, stating that the documentary would reflect the band’s distinct and natural style. He mentioned that the audience would be watching the band’s story in a way that no one had ever seen before.

Michael Wright, the president of Epix, stated in his own words: “Compelling music docuseries have become a cornerstone of Epix’s slate of original premium programming, and ‘My Life as a Rolling Stone’ is an excellent addition to that mix.” This distinct documentary captures The Rolling Stones’ raw and organic energy and tells the gripping, epic story of their journey. “I am thrilled that viewers will be able to witness this legendary band in a way that few have before.” The band took a brief break after Mick Jagger tested positive for Covid-19 the day before. They pick up where they left off on the massive tour. The fans are overjoyed that they are on tour and that this documentary will be released soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-24 20:42 by Christiaan.

Re: Date of Documentary announced?
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 24, 2022 23:02

Trailer just shown on BBC: Mick Jagger's segment will air on Saturday July 2nd.

Date: June 24, 2022 23:40

"My Life as a Rolling Stone" - (Series 1 Episode 1 of 4) - BBC TWO - 02-Jul-2022, 21:30 - [www.BBC.co.uk] , [www.BBC.co.uk] . Trailer: [www.BBC.co.uk] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-25 00:00 by Irix.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 25, 2022 00:29

Lookin' GOOD ..... bring it on boys ..,..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 25, 2022 00:43

This one makes me curious..............

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: June 25, 2022 00:50

Christiaan
[screeningfix.com]
The Rolling Stones Have Announced The Date Of Their Upcoming Documentary Series

The Rolling Stones announced a four-part documentary titled ‘My Life as a Rolling Stones’ to commemorate the band’s 60th anniversary. According to Deadline, fans were also informed of the release date. The Rolling Stones have had an impact on the rock scene since their debut in 1962, with many albums and tours over the course of their 60-year career. Songs like ‘Gimme Shelter,’ ‘Sympathy For The Devil,’ and ‘Wild Horses’ were well-known worldwide. To date, the band has received numerous accolades and has influenced many musicians. Their songs have been used in numerous films and television shows, and have been covered by musicians.

During the tours, the band continues to meet with fans. They announced that they would embark on the ‘Sixty Tour’ in March 2022. The tour began on June 1 and will conclude on July 31, 2022. Throughout the tour, they performed their significant songs and shared special moments with the fans. While the tour was still in full swing, the band recently shared some exciting news.

They announced that their documentary, ‘My Life as a Rolling Stone,’ will be released on Epix on August 7th. Michael Wright, President of Epix, expressed his excitement, stating that the documentary would reflect the band’s distinct and natural style. He mentioned that the audience would be watching the band’s story in a way that no one had ever seen before.

Michael Wright, the president of Epix, stated in his own words: “Compelling music docuseries have become a cornerstone of Epix’s slate of original premium programming, and ‘My Life as a Rolling Stone’ is an excellent addition to that mix.” This distinct documentary captures The Rolling Stones’ raw and organic energy and tells the gripping, epic story of their journey. “I am thrilled that viewers will be able to witness this legendary band in a way that few have before.” The band took a brief break after Mick Jagger tested positive for Covid-19 the day before. They pick up where they left off on the massive tour. The fans are overjoyed that they are on tour and that this documentary will be released soon.

My Life as a Rolling Stones??? I can hardly believe such carelessness in English expression for a project such as this. confused smileyconfused smileyconfused smiley

Surely that's not really the title they're giving it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-25 00:52 by stonesman87.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 25, 2022 01:00

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 25, 2022 04:03

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-25 04:04 by Koen.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1242
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home