Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ISO Rolling Stones DSD Tracks
Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: June 14, 2022 19:10

Hi all,
I've recently hooked up a DAC and it supports DSD tracks.
Does anybody have or, can they point me to place to purchase them?
Also, does anyone have experience with the difference in sound quality.
I use Tidal with MQA and Qobuz Studio.
Keith Richards Crosseyed Heart is amazing in hi-res.
Is DSD worth the purchase? I'm starting to crowd 60 years old but still have excellent hearing.
Bruce Springsteen sells his live performances in DSD but at $40.00 USD, I'm reluctant to spend that and not realize any real benefit, other than seeing my DSD light appear on my DAC.
Thanks in advance...

Re: ISO Rolling Stones DSD Tracks
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 14, 2022 19:50

dennycranium

The 2016 Mono-Box, TSMR, LIB & BB in DSD could be purchased in North America at AcousticSounds.com, but they have no Download-Store anymore since the end of 2020.

Beggars Banquet (50th Anniversary Edition) in DSD in still available at [www.HighResAudio.com] .

Japanese Download-Stores (e.g. Mora.jp) have/had them too, but you can purchase them only in Japan due to license restrictions.

You can find all RS Studio-Albums 1964-86 in DSD on the Internet if you search after PS3, SACD and ISO.

DSD is the most analogue of all digital formats. The sound quality is superior - [TheAudiophileMan.com] .

Date: June 14, 2022 20:19

Irix
dennycranium

The 2016 Mono-Box, TSMR, LIB & BB in DSD could be purchased in North America at AcousticSounds.com, but they have no Download-Store anymore since the end of 2020.

Beggars Banquet (50th Anniversary Edition) in DSD in still available at [www.HighResAudio.com] .

Japanese Download-Stores (e.g. Mora.jp) have/had them too, but you can purchase them only in Japan due to license restrictions.

You can find all RS Studio-Albums 1964-86 in DSD on the Internet if you search after PS3, SACD and ISO.

DSD is the most analogue of all digital formats. The sound quality is superior - [TheAudiophileMan.com] .

Many Thanks!!!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 14, 2022 21:10

Irix
dennycranium

I believe this is the only way to find those 2011 flat transfers of Rolling Stones Records era albums that were available in Japan only as SACD discs winking smiley. Well, apart of purchasing physical product on the secondary market.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 15, 2022 00:47

ironbelly
Irix
dennycranium

I believe this is the only way to find those 2011 flat transfers of Rolling Stones Records era albums that were available in Japan only as SACD discs winking smiley. Well, apart of purchasing physical product on the secondary market.

Sticky Fingers through Flashpoint are available as flat transfers on SHM CDs.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 15, 2022 01:49

24FPS

Beware that Steel Wheels and Flashpoint are not strictly "flat transferts". They were somehow digitally remastered before being released in 2015.

Date: June 15, 2022 01:51

24FPS
Original post was about pure digital product. Namely - about DSD files for playback. Not about physical products.

SHM CDs you are talking about will give you usual redbook 16 bit / 44.1 kHz files. Super hard material (SHM) will not provide hi-res playback. It is just a special type of polycarbonate.

SHM-CD has nothing to do with high-resolution DSD files. DSD files of interest could be found on SACD discs only (whatever polycarbonate is used as a base: regular or SHM). Otherwise one should make a proper rip from SACD discs if the files are not available for streaming or purchase.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 15, 2022 02:41

So are you saying that SACD is the same as DSD?

Date: June 15, 2022 10:15

VoodooLounge13

DSD (Direct Stream Digital) is the file format which is used on the SACD (Disc) or: SACD is (since 1999) based on the DSD format.

Date: June 15, 2022 10:43

VoodooLounge13
Super Audio Compact Disc (SACD) is an optical disc that allows storage and playback of high-resolution digital audio.
High-resolution digital audio is stored on SACDs in Direct Stream Digital (DSD) format.

Date: June 15, 2022 16:33

Got it, thanks Ironbelly. I have most of those newer released Japanese SACD's. Just need Let it Bleed to complete the collection. They really did an amazing job with them all. I'm referencing the 7-inch CD versions.

Date: June 15, 2022 17:50

I listen to the Abcko releases on my streaming services like Qobuz and Tidal. For me, the Stones obsession started in 78 with Some Girls, and was cemented with Tattoo You in 81. I got Beggars Banquet in DSD yesterday, and the results were startling. The detail, soundstage and imaging is much better.
I'm hoping to find DSD from Some Girls thru now. Can anybody help with ISO or files? I've a PlayStation 5 that should play the SACD's but I'm more of a download person. I've a VPN and could most likely buy from Japan, but the price per physical CD and shipping is almost $100 USD or $140.00 CAD per release. I have the 1971 thru 2016 Box Set and downloaded the hi-res files with the coupon code. Does anyone know or have these DSD files, if they exist?
I'd really rather just have the ISO's or individual tracks, if possible.
I went down the DSD rabbit hole yesterday and was able to buy Beggars Banquet in DSD download for $25.00 CAD. I'm hoping to pay the same per release for Some Girls and forward. If somebody has a resource or can help, I'd appreciate it. I can also trade for blanks if someone puts it a DVD for me. I also have a 2019 Stones VIP Kit I could trade for them. You had to be a VIP ticket holder and you received a kit with a book of posters from various Stones tour and a very nice No Filter black scarfe with the Stones logo on them.

Date: June 15, 2022 18:40

They are indeed pricey. Roughly $77 is what I paid for TSMR. Roughly $50 for BB. LIB will be about the same as BB.

Wasn't the entire Abkco collection redone in SACD back in 2002, or were they just remastered? If the former, I guess I'm just buying doubles to have the cool 7-inch formats. I believe if I'm correct about this - and they were redone in SACD format, those should be much cheaper to find in physical format. Roughly what you paid for that download in some cases even!!

And I know we've talked about it before, but would the SACD versions be better for the 71-81 material, or are the Virgin masters still the best for those?

Date: June 15, 2022 18:50

dennycranium

I've a VPN and could most likely buy from Japan

Then you could try Sony's music-store Mora.jp for DSD:

Let It Bleed (50th Anniversary, 2019): [Mora.jp] , Beggars Banquet (50th Anniversary, 2018): [Mora.jp] , Their Satanic Majesties Request (50th Anniversary, 2017): [Mora.jp] , Let It Bleed (released 2014): [Mora.jp] .

Date: June 15, 2022 19:20

dennycranium

I have the 1971 thru 2016 Box Set and downloaded the hi-res files with the coupon code. Does anyone know or have these DSD files, if they exist?

No, there're no official DSD-files for 1971-1986. The 1989-2016 recordings are digital and not in DSD. The SACDs 1971-86 were (flat) transferred in DSD from the analogue master tapes.
There're ISO-files of ripped SACDs on the Internet, but they're on illegal download-sites (or torrents).

Date: June 15, 2022 19:23

Irix
dennycranium

I've a VPN and could most likely buy from Japan

Then you could try Sony's music store Mora.jp for DSD:

Let It Bleed (50th Anniversary, 2019): [Mora.jp] , Beggars Banquet (50th Anniversary, 2018): [Mora.jp] , Their Satanic Majesties Request (50th Anniversary, 2017): [Mora.jp] , Let It Bleed (released 2014): [Mora.jp] .

Thank you for the links. I just purchased 3 copies of the 50th anniversary Let It Bleed with the vinyl and the 2 SACD copies and bonuses for $185 USD. It's a good deal. A single copy is $88.00 and Amazon US has a 3 for the price of 2 deal. I paid approx $190 USD for 3 copies. I found two other fellow Canadian fans who split the cost with me. A good deal if fellow IORR members would like to join in. Here is the link, directly at the promo details:

[www.amazon.com]

Again, I'm hoping to find DSD from the Stones later catalog. Some Girls and forward. I'm starting to think they don't exist. SHM cd's are not necessarily SACD's, I've found out, after my research.

Date: June 15, 2022 19:55

VoodooLounge13

Wasn't the entire Abkco collection redone in SACD back in 2002, or were they just remastered?

See this thread about the 2002 Remasters - [iorr.org] . There were 22 SACDs by Abkco - [iorr.org] .

Date: June 15, 2022 20:03

Irix
VoodooLounge13

Wasn't the entire Abkco collection redone in SACD back in 2002, or were they just remastered?

See this thread about the 2002 Remaster - [iorr.org] . There were 22 SACDs by Abkco - [iorr.org] .

Yes, that is the version that I upgraded my original collection to. Thanks Irix!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home