Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

song vote 2022 overview
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 13, 2022 13:32

here's an overview of the song vote for the SixtyTour 2022 (winners in bold, songs not performed in 2017/18/21 are in italics)

songs already played during the Sixty tour are in red (either as a song vote winner or as part of the regular set)

Madrid: Beast of Burden, No Expectations, Shine A Light, Fool To Cry (note: the original song vote was: Wild Horses, Angie, Ruby Tuesday, Fool To Cry – it was later changed)

Munich: Wild Horses, Let It Bleed, Ruby Tuesday, Worried About You

Liverpool: no song vote (‚winner‘ was: I Wanna Be Your Man)

Amsterdam: Wild Horses, Fool To Cry, Angie, She’s A Rainbow show cancelled/postponed

Milan: no song vote (again!)

London I: no song vote (once again!)

London II: no song vote (again!)

Amsterdam (7.7.22): Sweet Virginia, Wild Horses, Fool To Cry, Ruby Tuesday (note: Wild Horses and Fool To Cry have been in the song vote for the postponed Amsterdam show, while She's A Rainbow and Angie which both have been played at the Hype Park shows are now replaced by Sweet Virginia and Ruby Tuesday (the latter has already won the song vote for Munich)

Brussels: Beast of Burden, She's A Rainbow, Dead Flowers, Far Away Eyes (note: Beast of Burden won the song vote for the second time on this tour!)

Vienna: Let It Bleed, Wild Horses, Dead Flowers, Sweet Virginia (note: all of these songs have already been in the song vote on this tour, three out of them have already been performed)

Lyon: no song vote! (note: now 50% of the shows didn't have a song vote)

Paris: no song vote

Gelsenkirchen: no song vote (and even the slot where there used to be the song vote was skipped)

three shows without song vote in a row. I believe the song vote is gone for good

in alphabetical order (without the original but withdrawn song vote for Madrid)

Angie
2x Beast of Burden (Madrid + Brussels)
2x Dead Flowers
3x Fool To Cry
Far Away Eyes
2x Let It Bleed
No Expectations
2x Ruby Tuesday (Munich)
2x She’s A Rainbow
Shine A Light
2x Sweet Virginia (Amsterdam)
4x Wild Horses
Worried About You

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-29 11:36 by slewan.

Re: song vote 2022 overview
Date: June 21, 2022 16:37

updated

Date: June 26, 2022 17:48

no song vote for London, Liverpool and Milan…

is the song vote gone for good?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 26, 2022 17:59

slewan

Have to say I like it that way. If we always get surprises like Rainbow and Knocking they should go for that

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 26, 2022 20:06

I hope they get rid of it. The only people that should vote are the people that have tickets to the show.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 26, 2022 20:44

StonedRambler
slewan

Have to say I like it that way. If we always get surprises like Rainbow and Knocking they should go for that

thumbs up

Date: July 6, 2022 13:26

surprise, surprise, the song vote is back… I updated the overview (see above)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 6, 2022 14:39

Not sure what the point is with the song vote, as the shows without it seem to have actually been more adventurous.

Date: July 6, 2022 15:02

Hairball
Not sure what the point is with the song vote, as the shows without it seem to have actually been more adventurous.

the song vote gives us an idea what is on their list…

Date: July 6, 2022 15:15

slewan
Hairball

They could scrap the vote and just play all four choices each night, mixing it all up from one show to the next,
but that would mean having a setlist over 19 songs which I don't think they can handle these days.
And maybe that would be a bit too adventurous for them to stretch it out like that.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 6, 2022 19:31

I’m in agreement with those who think the song vote should go away.. I admit I enjoyed the surprises of not knowing which direction they might head the last couple shows.. For instance seeing “Angie” on a vote list wouldn’t get me overly excited, but suddenly hearing it when you had no idea it was coming is fun, cuz I love the song but I also love the not knowing, puts me in the moment.. Even the mixing up of standards at HP2 made the show more exciting (personally)

Date: July 6, 2022 19:44

Hairball
slewan
Hairball

They could scrap the vote and just play all four choices each night, mixing it all up from one show to the next,
but that would mean having a setlist over 19 songs which I don't think they can handle these days.
And maybe that would be a bit too adventurous for them to stretch it out like that.

still I tend to think they won't put up any song to vote for that they haven't rehearsed and consider it to be performable

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 7, 2022 14:10

Had to go with Fool To Cry for Amsterdam

Date: July 7, 2022 14:27

slewan
Hairball
slewan
Hairball

still I tend to think they won't put up any song to vote for that they haven't rehearsed and consider it to be performable

I don't think they ever have done that - seems to me that each nomination has always been rehearsed and is something they consider performable.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: July 7, 2022 16:19

Still no sign of Mothers Little Helper sad smiley

Date: July 10, 2022 09:01

updated July, 10

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: July 10, 2022 23:48

The choices they offer, as time goes on, become ever more limited to mid-tempo or even ballads. Real rockers being more physically taxing, which they feel less able to add any more of in a show now.

I feel like we were lucky to still get the option of Rocks Off in 2019 in DC. And, thankfully, we took it grinning smiley

Date: July 13, 2022 20:52

so Beast of Burden won for the second time…

Date: July 14, 2022 09:14

updated

Date: July 18, 2022 19:15

updated (no song vote for Lyon)

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: July 18, 2022 20:42

Much prefer a no song vote

Posted by: nowlook ()
Date: July 19, 2022 00:09

Is it normal not having a no song vote? If it is, we are having a 18 song one, right?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 19, 2022 00:11

nowlook
Is it normal not having a no song vote? If it is, we are having a 18 song one, right?

Liverpool, Milan, London I and London II didn't have a song vote and they played 19 songs

Date: July 19, 2022 00:29

nowlook

no, in case there's no public song vote they have their own private song vote. So it's 19 songs per show anyway

Date: July 19, 2022 00:47

Great, Steven! I am so exited with my 7th gig, first with my daughter of nine and wife, went to Nellcote, swan until the private beach... after the pandemia, all the uncertainty, it's so wonderful to be here!

Date: July 19, 2022 00:49

*Slewan - so
rry for the automatic corrector

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: July 19, 2022 05:28

philrock90
Much prefer a no song vote

I'm with you on this. Leaves a little bit of a surprise, if you don't peak at any soundcheck updates.

Date: July 29, 2022 11:37

updated

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 29, 2022 12:41

The Incredible Shrinking Song Vote

When it was first introduced for the B2B Tour, it was fun, even if there was some rigging somewhere behind.

Not anymore. It’s just another cliched process.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2128
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home