Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 17
Re: Amsterdam show tonight postponed
Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:52

Hairball
slewan
Hairball
jahisnotdead
That's unexpected and sad news. I sure do wish Mick a speedy recovery and that no one else in the band or crew has tested positive.

I'm sorry to all the fans who travelled to the show. It must be very frustrating.

Yes, terrible news, and sorry for all the fans, along with Mick and the band..

Regarding some of the upcoming shows, I'm half way expecting to hear the dreaded:

"Out of an abundance of caution, the band have decided to postpone...."

Heard that phrase quite often throughout the pandemic, but really hoping it doesn't come to that again for all involved.
Hoping Mick makes a quick and speedy recover...keep on rolling...

my guess is that they will cancel/postpone the next two shows (Bern and Milan) tomorrow to 'win' some time and then see how things develop

What a mess...aside from hoping Mick has a quick and speedy recovery being the #1 priority, I'm thinking of the fans who are planning to attend Bern and Milan, and even the Hyde Park shows.
The sooner the band can make a decision, the better...would save a lot of people a lot of hassle (traveling, etc.), but I guess they want to wait it out with postponing or cancelling being a last resort.

Agree, it's a tough call for sure. Health is most important and while that is the priority in these cases, the band, or those others tasked with making the call to cancel or postpone are certainly in between a rock and a hard place when it comes to making the decision on how to proceed.

Posted by: redkev ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:52

Speedy recovery to Mick and anyone else in the band, crew etc who also test positive. Gutted for anyone who had travelled and hope you can all make the rearranged show when it happens.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:54

slewan
in Munich and Liverpool I was more or less the only one who was wearing a mask

I was curious about that situation, and wondering how many were wearing masks in Amsterdam? I'm assuming it's not a requirement, but even if it was...
At the L.A. shows last year masks (and proof of vaccine) were a requirement, but hardly anyone was wearing them that I recall...
Just when you think you can take your guard down...the damn virus is lurking...

Date: June 13, 2022 22:58

If Jagger possibly infected Ron Wood and / or Keith Richards today it can take four or five days before they test positive or negative.
I hope it doesn't become too complicated.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 13, 2022 23:04

Nikkei
Hairball
Nikkei
Hairball

This postponement is reminiscent of 2003 when one of the two Amsterdam shows in August had to be postponed and was then rescheduled a month later for September.

was it because they arrived even more stoned for the other one?

Probably a bit too soon to start making jokes in this thread considering the nature of tonight's postponement....still lots of unknown details...

As for 2003, if memory serves Mick had throat issues...

To me it's rather a bit to soon to be all somber about it. We need to put things in perspective. You wouldn't say it's terrible for Mick when you really hope it's not and so one shouldn't say it's terrible for fans who are now inconvenienced. The world puts it in perspecitve for you.

I don't think anyone is being too somber about this, just having a bit of compassion and restraint considering the situation.
But you go ahead and be a clown making all the jokes you want...putting it all in perspective ...classy... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 13, 2022 23:07

slewan
in Munich and Liverpool I was more or less the only one who was wearing a mask

It was noticeable (in Liverpool) that the crew were all masked. None of the audience.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 13, 2022 23:08

I know somebody who got covid recently, and despite the vaccine, she got quite ill for a week, then it got better, for a couple of days, and then even more sick than previously. I wouldn't be surprised if even Hyde Park has to be rescheduled, but let's hope not. I'm somewhat safe with my ticket in late July though.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 13, 2022 23:10

I wish Mick the best.

Sorry for fans travelling in from the whole world.

Sorry for fans who already bought air tickets for Bern.

If Milan's gig will be posponed too, I 'm among the unlucky people. I have my air ticket in my pocket. My plan was to stay in Milan for 1,5 day, just for the concert...

But what can we do?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2022 23:12

Hairball

I don't think anyone is being too somber about this, just having a bit of compassion and restraint considering the situation.
But you go ahead and be a clown making all the jokes you want...putting it all in perspective ...classy... eye rolling smiley

Ok you're right classy it was not. Maybe I can save it by reminding the folks who travelled that they can still have the Amsterdam experience

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 13, 2022 23:20

Lady Jayne

It was noticeable (in Liverpool) that the crew were all masked.

In Munich as well - at least when the guitar was handed over on stage to Keith. Some of the security staff on the catwalk also wore masks.

I wore a mask myself during the ticket/security-check at the very crowded entrance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-13 23:25 by Irix.

Posted by: cs2003 ()
Date: June 13, 2022 23:20

Have there been any photos of inside the stadium with the stage set up ?

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: June 13, 2022 23:22

Nikkei
Hairball

Ok you're right classy it was not. Maybe I can save it by reminding the folks who travelled that they can still have the Amsterdam experience

Good answer, hope everyone who is there for the concert can make the most of it despite the circumstances with the show.

Posted by: robv ()
Date: June 13, 2022 23:36

Hairball
As for 2003, if memory serves Mick had throat issues...

True. I remember it was announced on the day of the show early afternoon just as I entered the railwail station to jump on the train to Amsterdam.

This time the announcement was around 18:00 when me and my son were outside the stadium. They should have done that covid test a bit earlier.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: June 13, 2022 23:36

A picture of the stage from the spot were I sat in the Arena just for the cancellation
[twitter.com]

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 13, 2022 23:42

Just picked up on this, is Mick ok, i'm thinking hopefully this is just the covid cold everyone gets now.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 13, 2022 23:46

Mabru
A picture of the stage from the spot were I sat in the Arena just for the cancellation
[twitter.com]

Interesting that they had again the Madrid setup with the higher stage backdrop

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2022 23:55

Looks like Madrid but it's very different as all of it hangs suspended from way up there. Just like in 2017

Mabru
[twitter.com]
Thanks for posting that picture, the more I see that stage the more I like it. Can't wait to see it in person.

Posted by: hbwriter ()

whats amazing on line is seeing the images of fans making the best of it - smiles hugs and good wishes - no tribe like the Stones tribe

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 13, 2022 23:57

this pandemic really screwed up so many lives. I have never got it so far but it killed my travel business. I lost several friends. And it really took the life out of touring rock concerts. With the stones, all the VIP and backstage parties came to an end and I don't expect them to hang with fans anymore. I will never forget the good times on the road with them but I have to accept it's over. For people like myself, you should never fly on the same day as show day. I prefer a minimum of 2 days to settle in a new city. this covid thing ruined my final years of rocking. life's a bitch and then you die! everybody in Amsterdam should smoke themselves silly tonight!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 14, 2022 00:00

bye bye johnny
Topi
Word is Matt Clifford has it too.
Link/source of that word, please.

I myself also assumed if anyone else were to have it, it would be Matt, as he is probably the closest to Mick these days. Hoping everyone else is negative. This damn thing is here to stay, and as such, the bandana has become a permanent accessory to my daily wardrobe (it's what I use as a mask) - feel a bit like an old west train robber! LOL

A speedy recovery to Sir Mick!!!

Date: June 14, 2022 00:00

One of the positive things that happen when they postpone is it sometimes allows them to add more shows on the tour, perhaps the UK ?

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 14, 2022 00:02

DREAMTIME
this pandemic really screwed up so many lives. I have never got it so far but it killed my travel business. I lost several friends. And it really took the life out of touring rock concerts. With the stones, all the VIP and backstage parties came to an end and I don't expect them to hang with fans anymore. I will never forget the good times on the road with them but I have to accept it's over. For people like myself, you should never fly on the same day as show day. I prefer a minimum of 2 days to settle in a new city. this covid thing ruined my final years of rocking. life's a bitch and then you die! everybody in Amsterdam should smoke themselves silly tonight!

THIEF

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: June 14, 2022 00:12

Sending love and speedy recovery wishes to Mick!

Sorry for all the fans who were going tonight I hope you can make the concert once it’s rescheduled. Mick and the Stones must be so disappointed tonight

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 14, 2022 00:16

DREAMTIME

Don't panic! 999!

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 13-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Date: June 14, 2022 00:20

Topi
grzegorz67
on FB, Ben Waters says Mick's in hospital. Ben says he's looking to do an impromptu gig in Amsterdam for the fans. If it happens, he's well worth seeing. Fabulous piano player.

Saw Ben in the VIP room, he said he was trying to get something arranged for tonight.

His facebook page-timeline is empty since an hour or two.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-14 00:30 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 14, 2022 00:35

I was very late driving my car to Amsterdam (at eight o'clock) and only when we were 4km from The Arena we saw a sign over the speedway which read: "Rolling Stones Arena Cancelled". Quickly we listened to the radio, where the news just began and we heard it was true.
So we just turned the car and went home and hoping Mick will be ok.

Immediately I thought about all the fans who had arrived from all over the world and I feel very sorry for you all.
Hope you can enjoy a little bit of Amsterdam and The Netherlands.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-14 00:48 by GJV.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 14, 2022 00:48

There was a great vibe around the arena before the show. Would have been epic, I think.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 14, 2022 00:48

GJV

Immediately I thought about all the fans who had arrived from all over the world and I feel very sorry for you all.
Hope you can enjoy a little bit of Amsterdam and The Netherlands.

Yes, me too. This is the second Rolling Stones cancellation in Amsterdam for me. First time I was near the arena when they announced it…. Now I was already in.
But I’m from Belgium, I drove there. I can’t image how bummed you must be if you had to make all sorts of travel arrangements.

But hey, Amsterdam is awesome… enjoy!

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 13-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 14, 2022 00:55

TheflyingDutchman
Topi
grzegorz67
on FB, Ben Waters says Mick's in hospital. Ben says he's looking to do an impromptu gig in Amsterdam for the fans. If it happens, he's well worth seeing. Fabulous piano player.

Saw Ben in the VIP room, he said he was trying to get something arranged for tonight.

His facebook page-timeline is empty since an hour or two.

would not be shocked if the Stones brass had him cool the frenetic, inaccurate posting for a while

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home