Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617
Current Page: 17 of 17
Re: Amsterdam and Bern shows postponed due to Mick Jagger testing positive for Covid
Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: June 16, 2022 15:13

I saw them in London a few years ago, and enjoyed it. I mean this is Arthur Lees last touring band and the original guitarist, so for me that makes it worth while.

Re: Amsterdam and Bern shows postponed due to Mick Jagger testing positive for Covid
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 16, 2022 15:51

I did a quick check of Wiki article. Seemingly they are another band that is embarking on a “farewell tour” that doesn’t stopwinking smiley

From the article:

“During their late-1960s heyday, the Rolling Stones and the Doors were known to be Love fans.”

Yes, she comes in colors…

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: June 16, 2022 17:48

What's the way to get re-fund? Thanks

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 16, 2022 17:53

SomeTorontoGirl
The Sicilian
An off topic question for you from someone. In NY you can't purchase liquor in grocery stores. You can buy beer in the supermarket, but no wine or spirits. We have stand alone liquor stores and beer stores like Consumers Beverages. I believe you all have or used to have the "Beer Store" in Canada. The question is can you purchase wine and spirits in you chain supermarket grocery stores in Canada as they allow in many States?

We still have the Beer Stores, and the liquor stores sell liquor and beer, but for a few years now some grocery stores sell beer and wine.

Thanks! Have supermarkets always sold beer, or did you have to go to a Beer Store to buy it?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 16, 2022 21:55

SomeTorontoGirl
Rockman
and dont ya have Snow Cones like all year round ...

Yup! Remember not to eat the yellow ones. That’s not lemon…

...better watch out where the Huskies go.....and keep an eye out for Nanookgrinning smiley

Date: June 17, 2022 00:04

BluzDude
SomeTorontoGirl
Rockman
and dont ya have Snow Cones like all year round ...

Yup! Remember not to eat the yellow ones. That’s not lemon…

...better watch out where the Huskies go.....and keep an eye out for Nanookgrinning smiley

Stinkfoot darling.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 17, 2022 00:15

Heck!!! ... what a strange land ....

Fink I'll stick with a Witchetty grub sandwich ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 17, 2022 00:56

Rockman
Heck!!! ... what a strange land ....

Fink I'll stick with a Witchetty grub sandwich ....

Are ya sure? I thought you’d be all over the Beaver Tails!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 17, 2022 10:02

.... I got a few beaver tales ..... HHHHaaaaaaaHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MRROLLING ()
Date: June 17, 2022 10:18

Bern Thru and Thru

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: June 17, 2022 11:34

Interesting snippet from McCartneys tour

[www.instagram.com]

As shown here , Covid tests are required on entry to arenas / stadiums. This is down to insurance purposes and a procedure I assume is how Micks was picked up.

Posted by: z ()
Date: June 17, 2022 20:44

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 17, 2022 20:49

Stone cold appreciation of pictures being taken

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 18, 2022 11:14

That pic of Keith, as old as he is you wouldn't want to upset him would you winking smiley

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: June 18, 2022 16:52

keefriffhards
That pic of Keith, as old as he is you wouldn't want to upset him would you winking smiley

Yes it shows his age, but damm, this is BEAUTIFUL!

Posted by: matthijst ()
Date: June 18, 2022 18:15

Go through your ticketmaster order, you can cancel it there and request a refund.

Posted by: matthijst ()
Date: June 18, 2022 18:16

kitoise
What's the way to get re-fund? Thanks

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 19, 2022 16:31

I had my first Stones show cancellation in 1990, when Keith cut his finger on a guitar string during the Glasgow show, and they had to reschedule Cardiff and two Wembley shows. Then it must have been many many cancellations and reschedules, including Milan, Bilbao 1998, Montreal, Atlantic City, Benidorm, El Ejido, Valladolid, Amsterdam twice, Australia spring 2014 tour and so on.

Ever since the Glasgow incident 1990, I have had the strategy of never worrying about cancellations. They do not play the show, I don't get to see it, but nobody else get to see the show, it is off. So first of all I try to keep all hotels and travel in a way so that I can "get out" with a minimum of loss, secondly I don't worry about things I can not change at all. The band members are human beings, they may get sick, we have a virus still around us, we just have to be prepared for cancellations, it is a calculated risk when you go to shows.

I got six days at home now, I got time to see my family, and to rewrite my travel plans this summer. As travel is quite risky this summer, lots of strikes and airport issues, I changed my travels for the rest of the tour, and I keep August open, just in case they add something to the end of the tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 19, 2022 16:49

Hope you were home for Strawberry season, Bjornulf!

Posted by: z ()
Date: June 19, 2022 16:58

bv
I had my first Stones show cancellation in 1990, when Keith cut his finger on a guitar string during the Glasgow show, and they had to reschedule Cardiff and two Wembley shows...

Thanks to the cancellation I got to see the two reschedule Wembley shows. Would'nt have made it otherwise...

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 21, 2022 20:19

z
bv
I had my first Stones show cancellation in 1990, when Keith cut his finger on a guitar string during the Glasgow show, and they had to reschedule Cardiff and two Wembley shows...

Thanks to the cancellation I got to see the two reschedule Wembley shows. Would'nt have made it otherwise...

Same here as i said before Guy, it's a small world, we got the Steel Wheels stage at the rescheduled Wembley shows, a bonus i thought.

Date: June 22, 2022 00:30

keefriffhards
z
bv

Same here as i said before Guy, it's a small world, we got the Steel Wheels stage at the rescheduled Wembley shows, a bonus i thought.

Someone from Japan expected to see the Urban Jungle stage only to be disappointed to be greeted by the Steel Wheels stage, which was witnessed by some 500,000 Japanese back In Februarysad smiley

So it goes.

Date: June 28, 2022 09:30

Deleted — posted on wrong thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-28 09:32 by RisingStone.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617
Current Page: 17 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home