Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17
Re: Amsterdam show tonight postponed
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 15, 2022 14:07

TheflyingDutchman
Topi
Hairball
Somebody had mentioned Matt Clifford had also tested positive...has there been any statement or confirmation on that?
None of the articles that I've read mention anyone other than Mick.

No statement or confirmation. I just heard people talk about that yesterday here in Amsterdam. Hence the "word is" part.

The only source that is qualified to make any statements are the Rolling Stones official. There's a lot of money at stake and the Stones don't want any confusion.

I don't think he's positive , here he is at the "after"party in Amstel hotel with our King Willem- Alexander [www.instagram.com]

Re: Amsterdam and Bern shows postponed due to Mick Jagger testing positive for Covid
Posted by: Gram ()
Date: June 15, 2022 14:07

SomeTorontoGirl
bernard90mike
Members of the tour band obviously don't take it too seriously and take selfies with fans - without masks

Call it a hunch, but I think that’s over.

You may, sadly, be right. The problem - and the touring industry won’t survive this unless it changes - is the requirement by insurers for testing. Covid is not going to go away, it will be with us forever, just like the handful of other coronaviruses we live with. Fortunately, post vaccination and with natural immunity from infection, it’s now got a similar fatality rate as flu. Millions of us have now caught it, got over it and carried on with life - stronger for the next time it hits us. Some people, sadly, will encounter problems just like they would with flu. I completely get why someone who will be 80 next year needs time off and careful attention, and I hope he gets better soon - his problem may be that he wants to rush this, which would be great for those of us with tickets but perhaps not so good for him in the long run. With this constant testing though, who will be next? The particular issue for the Stones is that they are older than many bands and catching a virus (any virus) on tour is going to hit them harder but I’m hearing of gigs being pulled for much younger bands, with musicians who will shake Covid off in a day or two (if they have any symptoms at all). I can’t see how that is tenable going forward

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-15 14:08 by Gram.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 15, 2022 14:49

Lien
TheflyingDutchman
Topi
Hairball
Somebody had mentioned Matt Clifford had also tested positive...has there been any statement or confirmation on that?

No statement or confirmation. I just heard people talk about that yesterday here in Amsterdam. Hence the "word is" part.

The only source that is qualified to make any statements are the Rolling Stones official. There's a lot of money at stake and the Stones don't want any confusion.

I don't think he's positive , here he is at the "after"party in Amstel hotel with our King Willem- Alexander [www.instagram.com]

Thanks, Lien! Glad it was "fake news" after all.

Re: Amsterdam and Bern shows postponed due to Mick Jagger testing positive for Covid
Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: June 15, 2022 15:02

Interview with André Béchir, concert promoter of the show in Bern in NZZ, June 14:
[www.nzz.ch]
German language!

Is there a replacement date?
We are in clarifications with the stadium operator. It needs goodwill from all sides.
The faster we are, the greater the chance that the concert in Bern can be rescheduled.
I remain confident.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-15 15:08 by werther2003.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 15, 2022 15:03

Gram
SomeTorontoGirl
bernard90mike
Members of the tour band obviously don't take it too seriously and take selfies with fans - without masks

Call it a hunch, but I think that’s over.

You may, sadly, be right. The problem - and the touring industry won’t survive this unless it changes - is the requirement by insurers for testing. Covid is not going to go away, it will be with us forever, just like the handful of other coronaviruses we live with. Fortunately, post vaccination and with natural immunity from infection, it’s now got a similar fatality rate as flu. Millions of us have now caught it, got over it and carried on with life - stronger for the next time it hits us. Some people, sadly, will encounter problems just like they would with flu. I completely get why someone who will be 80 next year needs time off and careful attention, and I hope he gets better soon - his problem may be that he wants to rush this, which would be great for those of us with tickets but perhaps not so good for him in the long run. With this constant testing though, who will be next? The particular issue for the Stones is that they are older than many bands and catching a virus (any virus) on tour is going to hit them harder but I’m hearing of gigs being pulled for much younger bands, with musicians who will shake Covid off in a day or two (if they have any symptoms at all). I can’t see how that is tenable going forward

I agree. It seems like we are making all of these sacrifices - to protect unvaccinated people that no longer make a positive contribution to the economy. Not a good trade off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-15 15:06 by drbryant.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: June 15, 2022 15:17

PaintMonkeyManBlack
dierdz
Thanks, guys. Will be hard for they to find a date, because the Eredivisie starts on early august. So wouldn't be possible to use the Ajax Stadium.

Not true. Remember 2017. They can do both.

The RS show was on september 30th 2017.
The next Ajax Amsterdam match was on october 14th 2017, two weeks after the show.
The grass of the Johan Cruyff Arena is a genuine grass, not synthetic.
This kind of grass needs "some rest" more than a week. (crushed by the crow under the protection)

Same case for the 2017 Arnhem show.
Show : october 15 th 2017
Next Vitesse Arnhem match : october 29th 2017.
Two weeks after the show (Vitesse Arnhem played two consecutive away games to have a two weeks rest for their field)

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 15, 2022 15:23

People were not standing on the grass in the Amsterdam Arena before it got cancelled, the grass was removed or there was a floor placed above it for concerts

Date: June 15, 2022 15:29

Massimo68
PaintMonkeyManBlack
dierdz
Thanks, guys. Will be hard for they to find a date, because the Eredivisie starts on early august. So wouldn't be possible to use the Ajax Stadium.

Not true. Remember 2017. They can do both.

The RS show was on september 30th 2017.
The next Ajax Amsterdam match was on october 14th 2017, two weeks after the show.
The grass of the Johan Cruyff Arena is a genuine grass, not synthetic.
This kind of grass needs "some rest" more than a week. (crushed by the crow under the protection)

Same case for the 2017 Arnhem show.
Show : october 15 th 2017
Next Vitesse Arnhem match : october 29th 2017.
Two weeks after the show (Vitesse Arnhem played two consecutive away games to have a two weeks rest for their field)

Gelredome has a system where they will move the field out of the stadium on non match days to get optimal growing conditions.

Arena first match is 30-8, 14-9, 3-9. So there is some space in between. However 7th july seems most likely.

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: June 15, 2022 15:42

Why is Mojo stating that the Amsterdam show should be re-scheduled this year?
Why not in 2023?
Is that beacuse The Stones have retirement plans with some final show later this year in Londen (O2 or RAH)???? ;-)
Just some thoughts from my side.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-15 16:40 by mrfancyman.

Posted by: johan ()
Date: June 15, 2022 15:46

Don’t know how to add the screenshots here, but yesterday evening it was possible to buy plenty of tickets for a stadium tour for July 5th-7th but since this afternoon, that is no longer possible. A good indicator for July 7th.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 15, 2022 15:46

Lien
TheflyingDutchman
Topi
Hairball

Is it really Matt ? He does look the part but his singing doesn't sound very "English", not that I've heard him sing before mind you. Also it seems he bit odd he'd be partying while his boss/friend is his hospital...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 15, 2022 15:48

johan
Don’t know how to add the screenshots here, but yesterday evening it was possible to buy plenty of tickets for a stadium tour for July 5th-7th but since this afternoon, that is no longer possible. A good indicator for July 7th.

i like you mr. sherlock! good find

Date: June 15, 2022 15:59

you can order now those dates again.

Posted by: StrangeStrayCat ()
Date: June 15, 2022 16:02

mrfancyman
Why not in 2223?
Is that beacuse The Stones have retirement plans with some final show later this year in Londen (O2 or RAH)???? ;-)
Just some thoughts from my side.

Not true, just tried and could get plenty.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 15, 2022 16:03

mrfancyman
Why not in 2223?

Ronnie is the youngest but he would be 275 years old by then. hot smiley

Posted by: StrangeStrayCat ()
Date: June 15, 2022 16:04

June 29 is now unavail....

Posted by: johan ()
Date: June 15, 2022 16:06

StrangeStrayCat
That was already the case yesterday (probably for the dance party on Sat July 2nd)

Date: June 15, 2022 16:08

johan
StrangeStrayCat
That was already the case yesterday (probably for the dance party on Sat July 2nd)
The tour says;

Let op: tussen 2 juni en 22 juli 2022 is er geen veld zichtbaar in het stadion vanwege concerten en dance events.

so there are tours between those dates, but just with no field view.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 15, 2022 16:11

schwonek
mrfancyman
Why not in 2223?

The Stones will probably still be rocking by then but we, the fans, will all be long gone

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: June 15, 2022 16:41

NilsHolgersson
schwonek
mrfancyman
Why not in 2223?

The Stones will probably still be rocking by then but we, the fans, will all be long gone

Stupid typo, I meant 2023...... >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-15 16:42 by mrfancyman.

Posted by: Gigbag ()
Date: June 15, 2022 16:46

Lien
TheflyingDutchman
Topi
Hairball

I am not sure how this party fits into the whole story about Covid Bubble Compliance. I just see a member of this so-called bubble having a party. I do not think that the King of The Netherlands is part of the Rolling Stones touring crew. My fear is that this kind of behaviour will just lead to more covid penetration of the RS BUBBLE and thus further cancellations. Maybe they should just leave Mr. Clifford behind and offer him a job as the bar pianist at the Amstel Hotel. I would not miss him.

In the meantime, Matt Clifford may want to reimburse all those people who took days off and travelled for for their expenses.

It is just shocking.

Posted by: Sodacityflyguy ()
Date: June 15, 2022 17:05

July 7th New Date for Amsterdam

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: June 15, 2022 17:06

New date for Amsterdam: July 7!
[twitter.com]

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 15, 2022 17:11

mrfancyman
NilsHolgersson
schwonek
mrfancyman
Why not in 2223?

Stupid typo, I meant 2023...... >grinning smiley<

I guess it might be possible given the legendary 1792 tour...........smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-15 17:12 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 15, 2022 17:15

Oh no. I have tickets to see Love play their first album in London on July 7.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 15, 2022 17:17

Glad I was keeping July 7 open...

Date: June 15, 2022 17:20

7 july

refund possible

lucky dips get additional info about their tickets

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 15, 2022 17:24

PaintMonkeyManBlack
7 july

refund possible

lucky dips get additional info about their tickets

Called it!:

"Amsterdam and Bern possible make-up dates?
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 14, 2022 16:55

If The Stones are ready to go for Milan, it looks like there are two ideal dates to make-up the Amsterdam and Bern shows:

Wednesday, June 29 (1/2 way in between the 2 HP dates), and
Thursday, July 7 (1/2 way in between HP2 and Brussels)

Unless there are any logistical issues, these dates should work and they would still be done before August.

Any reason these dates can't work?"

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 15, 2022 17:26

I guess I need an Amsterdam ticket. That means I have shows 5 days in a row. Stones in Amsterdam, 2 days Cactus Festival in Brugges, Ben Harper in Amsterdam, Stones in Brussels and back to Amsterdam to fly home.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 15, 2022 17:39

July 7th it is!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1416
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home