Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 13 of 17
Re: Amsterdam and Bern shows postponed - Mick has got Covid-19
Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: June 14, 2022 15:33

I'm so glad, I was at the show in Munich. It was an experience of joy and freedom, to be there with all the other fans and just enjoying the show and myself dancing, yelling and smiling.
I was very concious about the fact, how wonderfull this was after two years of lockdown.
Now it seems to be over again.

Date: June 14, 2022 15:33

RnT
On 30/31 july the soccer season starts in the Amsterdam arena. That might make it difficult to reschedule immediatly after Stockholm?
No problem, they played AMS in 2017 too mid season. They just need to pick out a good week with no midweek games

Re: Mick Has Covid
Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: June 14, 2022 15:36

GerardHennessy
lem motlow
This thread is legit-

“Tonight’s show canceled “ doesn’t quite cover the magnitude of the situation.
This is a really scary, huge fckng deal.
Mick is 78 years old and had heart surgery just three years ago.

He’s been Superman for so long that we take it for granted, as if nothing can faze him and he’ll shake it off in a few days.
I pray that’s the case but this isn’t throat problems we’re talking about.

Well said my friend! It is a very big deal indeed. We do take Mick for granted. And he really is a physical, and physiological, phenomenon. But he is not superhuman. Looking back over several threads from the last couple of years, there seems to be a generally accepted view that Mick will outlive everyone else in The Stones, and may, indeed, live for decades more. We all fervently hope he does. But let us also keep a perspective. Life can kick us in the teeth when we least expect it.

My own father was equally strong, vibrant, energetic and active. He looked, lived, and behaved like a man half his age. My mother suffered from indifferent, indeed fragile, health all her life. Yet she outlived my father by nearly fourteen years. I have never forgotten the lesson that taught me.

I hope Mick recovers fully. I hope he gets back to doing what he clearly loves. But most of all I hope he puts himself, his health, and his family first. If this is the beginning of the end of The Stones then so be it. Let us all be grateful for what they have given us, and let us love them with grace, generosity and compassion now that the ravages of time are, finally, beginning to creep up on them.

And please, let no one think I'm being unnecessarily dramatic, fatalistic or disrespectful in what I have written. I have loved this band, and these guys for almost every one of the 60 odd years of their existence. They are the cornerstone of, and the foundation upon which, my love of music stands. A world without The Stones as a performing entity would be awful. But a world from which the members of the band had physically departed would be far far worse...
Well said, Gerard. Thanks for your words. So true.

Posted by: StonesChild ()
Date: June 14, 2022 15:37

Yea, thankfully I got to Madrid, the ‘freedom’ to be able to experience the joy of great music amongst some of the best fans in the world after the gloom of lockdown was immense.
Was due to be in Bern to continue the festivities, now just hoping that Mick recovers and that Hyde Park 1 goes ahead

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 14, 2022 15:44

SonicDreamer
At Anfield, l was in Pit B. l noticed that in the latter part of the show Mick was at the end of the catwalk and purposely sprinted all the way back to the main stage.

Watching his face, it was like he was challenging himself to do it and probably get his adrenalin pumping. The sprint looked a bit unnecessary from a performance perspective; it didn’t enhance the song, but he somehow needed that buzz.
To me, it gave a clear insight into the degree of determination in his psychology.
That Charge of the Light Brigade mentality could either be to his benefit or undoing as time matches on.

Cheers,
SonicD

Yes it was during HTW, i thought exactly the same thing, it was a totally unnecessary sprint full of bravado .
I actually think Anfield took it's toll on Mick and could be the reason for him not being well, he pushed so hard to prove himself in front of his home country.

Posted by: Justjon ()
Date: June 14, 2022 16:19

I am so glad that Milan is on! Flying from USA for the Milan & London Hyde Park #1 shows. Thankfully, I have refundable travel & hotel accommodations. Hopefully can reschedule the air travel if they cancel Milan to resume at the London #1 show (if not I can tour Northern Italy for a few days). Of course, to see the Stones again (75+x since 1972), the hassles are well worth it!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 14, 2022 16:36

Sorry for all of us disappointed fans... especially those who had plans to attend
Mick, take care of yourself and get well soon!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-14 18:04 by schillid.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 14, 2022 16:50

Get well soon Mick.

To be totally honest I was amazed they got thru the US tour unscathed. Seeing pictures of Mick out and about so often, and with family, friends and socialites who hang back stage, I always in the back of my mind, thought this was inevitable.

I didn’t want it to happen, obviously, but it’s no surprise to me that it has. So very sad for the fans too.

Again, to Mick.. get well soon. Hoping for a full and fast recovery!

Rod

Amsterdam and Bern possible make-up dates?
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 14, 2022 16:55

If The Stones are ready to go for Milan, it looks like there are two ideal dates to make-up the Amsterdam and Bern shows:

Wednesday, June 29 (1/2 way in between the 2 HP dates), and
Thursday, July 7 (1/2 way in between HP2 and Brussels)

Unless there are any logistical issues, these dates should work and they would still be done before August.

Any reason these dates can't work?

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: June 14, 2022 16:57

treaclefingers
keefriffhards
SonicDreamer
At Anfield, l was in Pit B. l noticed that in the latter part of the show Mick was at the end of the catwalk and purposely sprinted all the way back to the main stage.

Watching his face, it was like he was challenging himself to do it and probably get his adrenalin pumping. The sprint looked a bit unnecessary from a performance perspective; it didn’t enhance the song, but he somehow needed that buzz.
To me, it gave a clear insight into the degree of determination in his psychology.
That Charge of the Light Brigade mentality could either be to his benefit or undoing as time matches on.

Cheers,
SonicD

Yes it was during HTW, i thought exactly the same thing, it was a totally unnecessary sprint full of bravado .
I actually think Anfield took it's toll on Mick and could be the reason for him not being well, he pushed so hard to prove himself in front of his home country.

I'm gonna stick with the official story, COVID.

2015 San Diego he ran across the entire stage during HTW, and did that at least once a show for years. Amazed he can still do it and **his form is still great**. Same "bravado" as always.

Date: June 14, 2022 17:03

still hurts. What a great day it would have been.

Read somewhere Shattered was on the setlist.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 14, 2022 17:13

Due to the logistics of rehearsing, getting the stage on the road etc I can't see them doing any other dates except for the end of this tour. Hopefully it will just be Amsterdam and Berne that need to be re-scheduled.

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: June 14, 2022 17:54

tommyturbo76
treaclefingers
keefriffhards
SonicDreamer

Cheers,
SonicD

2015 San Diego he ran across the entire stage during HTW, and did that at least once a show for years. Amazed he can still do it and **his form is still great**. Same "bravado" as always.

I remember that…I was lucky enough to be there. Get well soon Mick!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 14, 2022 17:55

Silver Dagger
Due to the logistics of rehearsing, getting the stage on the road etc I can't see them doing any other dates except for the end of this tour. Hopefully it will just be Amsterdam and Berne that need to be re-scheduled.

Really? This won't work?:

If The Stones are ready to go for Milan, it looks like there are two ideal dates to make-up the Amsterdam and Bern shows:

Wednesday, June 29 (1/2 way in between the 2 HP dates), and
Thursday, July 7 (1/2 way in between HP2 and Brussels)

Three days off between shows, as usual, but it won't work? Please explain...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-14 17:57 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: June 14, 2022 17:56

micha063
Now it seems to be over again.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: June 14, 2022 18:01

tommyturbo76
treaclefingers
keefriffhards
SonicDreamer

Cheers,
SonicD

A sprint the length of catwalk from the B stage back to the main stage was a regular part of Honky Tonk Women last fall. It was a thrilling thing to still be able to experience, honestly, Mick Jagger, rocknroll's ultimate performer for so many decades, at 78 still racing by you like a 30- or 40something.

Whether entirely wise on his part or not, who knows, but he trained for it and knew well his own capabilities, so I'm going with he knew what he was doing.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 14, 2022 18:09

PaintMonkeyManBlack
still hurts. What a great day it would have been.

Read somewhere Shattered was on the setlist.

Yes, read that too, and She's A Rainbow was the vote song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-14 18:52 by Topi.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 14, 2022 18:12

bitusa2012
To be totally honest I was amazed they got thru the US tour unscathed. Seeing pictures of Mick out and about so often, and with family, friends and socialites who hang back stage, I always in the back of my mind, thought this was inevitable.

That was exactly my thought back then. Still is. Think about the number of the tour entourage in tow.

However — just as they finished the US tour 2021 in late November, the Omicron variant came on board and it is much more contagious than the Delta. Luck was on their side then. This time it isn’t.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-14 18:13 by RisingStone.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 14, 2022 18:54

I hope he's doing ok all considered. I wish we could get a word but we likely won't.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 14, 2022 18:59

I'm thinking he may well be okay, if Milan show is on, as announced.
::crossing fingers::

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 14, 2022 20:43

The lyrics doesn’t have to be from his perspective. Also Mick seams that be making a mockery of peoples views.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 14, 2022 20:54

daspyknows
Nikkei
I can't blame my wording since I should have known what would ensue. When I said "fake" I had in mind the people who made a big photo op of their appointment with the needle. I thought that was fishy. At this point I have not much more to say than if you are willing to get four of these, you are really out on your own.

Sounds like an anti-vaxxer lacking perspective to me. I know I feel safer traveling to shows with 4 shots than if I was unvaxxed but then I am not afraid of computer chips or space lasers either.

Nikkei is the same person making fun of Steve Tyler’s drug addiction. BV had to take it down Don’t listen to this troll

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-15 00:19 by Cooltoplady.

Re: Amsterdam and Bern shows postponed due to Mick Jagger testing positive for Covid
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 14, 2022 21:06

The success of the US Tour last year was due to the following factors:

1. The Covid Delta variant was around, it was less contagious
2. Very high mask factor, crew, band, shops, transportation, flights etc

This year in Europe we have the following challenges:

1. Covid Omicron is A LOT more contagious
2. People do not care anymore

In Madrid there were masks in the metro and buses, and a lot around. In Munich masks still in the public transportation, but not much other places. In Liverpool very few had masks, none in public transportation. In Amsterdam I saw almost no masks.

For most of us covid is just a minor issue, but if you are a singer, you have a problem because omicron takes place in your throat. Hard to sing then. Also, you need to protect other band members, for a few days, but the throat issues may last longer.

Bjornulf

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 14, 2022 21:20

keefriffhards
EddieByword
Nikkei
I can't blame my wording since I should have known what would ensue. When I said "fake" I had in mind the people who made a big photo op of their appointment with the needle. I thought that was fishy. At this point I have not much more to say than if you are willing to get four of these, you are really out on your own.

I got covid pre-vax and was really sick for 2 weeks - sleeping 20 hours a day - when I was awake, still lying down. Too weak to pull a bag of rubbish out of the bin without collapsing.
I caught it again after 3 vaxes - felt like shit for a couple of days but was still able to function more or less normally - I'll take "being out on my own".

Yeah in my personal vicinity i see examples like this but much worse, don't want to go into details and each to their own, do your own research, observe real people and work it out for yourself, don't be forced into making decisions because of peer pressure.
Its a private decision, if you really think Covid still exists as a threat then make observations, look into statistics, draw your own conclusions.

Has Mick postponed shows because he has a covid cold ?, no i don't believe that, but covid is the best excuse going right now so why not capitalize on it.

I don't know the facts, these are the conclusions i draw from the likelihood Mick showed up an hour before show time and asked for a covid test.

Can you please open your own thread about these topics? This thread is about cancelled shows!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 14, 2022 21:42

rrronnie
GerardHennessy
lem motlow
This thread is legit-

He’s been Superman for so long that we take it for granted, as if nothing can faze him and he’ll shake it off in a few days.

Well said my friend! It is a very big deal indeed. We do take Mick for granted. And he really is a physical, and physiological, phenomenon. But he is not superhuman. Looking back over several threads from the last couple of years, there seems to be a generally accepted view that Mick will outlive everyone else in The Stones, and may, indeed, live for decades more. We all fervently hope he does. But let us also keep a perspective. Life can kick us in the teeth when we least expect it.

My own father was equally strong, vibrant, energetic and active. He looked, lived, and behaved like a man half his age. My mother suffered from indifferent, indeed fragile, health all her life. Yet she outlived my father by nearly fourteen years. I have never forgotten the lesson that taught me.

I hope Mick recovers fully. I hope he gets back to doing what he clearly loves. But most of all I hope he puts himself, his health, and his family first. If this is the beginning of the end of The Stones then so be it. Let us all be grateful for what they have given us, and let us love them with grace, generosity and compassion now that the ravages of time are, finally, beginning to creep up on them.

And please, let no one think I'm being unnecessarily dramatic, fatalistic or disrespectful in what I have written. I have loved this band, and these guys for almost every one of the 60 odd years of their existence. They are the cornerstone of, and the foundation upon which, my love of music stands. A world without The Stones as a performing entity would be awful. But a world from which the members of the band had physically departed would be far far worse...

Yes - well said Gerard.

First and foremost have to hope Mick has a speedy recover, and that there will be no lingering effects. While he's very healthy for a person his age (a phenomenon really), he's also more susceptible because of his age.
There's also his previous heart scare/heart condition that could become a factor, and while he recovered from that seemingly 100%, there's always going to be lingering issues and concerns.

This tour has had weird vibes from the get-go...the raging war on the continent, the still linegring threat of coronavirus which has now made it's presence clearly felt, and the looming rail strike in the UK.
While it's great seeing the Stones continue to roll at their age, can't help but think what could possibly happen next. I just hope for no other problems, and that this 60 tour can safely be put in the history books.

To all who are attending any of the upcoming shows, stay safe and have fun, and as Gerard said in his post above:

"If this is the beginning of the end of The Stones then so be it. Let us all be grateful for what they have given us, and let us
love them with grace, generosity and compassion now that the ravages of time are, finally, beginning to creep up on them".

Amen.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 14, 2022 22:00

keefriffhards
EddieByword
Nikkei

I got covid pre-vax and was really sick for 2 weeks - sleeping 20 hours a day - when I was awake, still lying down. Too weak to pull a bag of rubbish out of the bin without collapsing.
I caught it again after 3 vaxes - felt like shit for a couple of days but was still able to function more or less normally - I'll take "being out on my own".

Yeah in my personal vicinity i see examples like this but much worse, don't want to go into details and each to their own, do your own research, observe real people and work it out for yourself, don't be forced into making decisions because of peer pressure.
Its a private decision, if you really think Covid still exists as a threat then make observations, look into statistics, draw your own conclusions.

Has Mick postponed shows because he has a covid cold ?, no i don't believe that, but covid is the best excuse going right now, it's covered by insurance so why not capitalize on it.

I don't know the facts, these are the conclusions i draw from the likelihood Mick showed up an hour before show time and asked for a covid test.

every village has it's idiot. multiple idiotic statements in here. Only one truth which has been bolded. Just note the "do your own research comment. That's the catchphrase to consult facebook, tik tok and youtube for your research.

Re: Amsterdam and Bern shows postponed due to Mick Jagger testing positive for Covid
Posted by: Fotinid ()
Date: June 14, 2022 22:00

Had to pause my lurking just to say that the doomsday predictions for the end of the Stones can be copied/pasted verbatim from the last 10 tours or more.

I don't see the point of discussing when it'll end. It will when it will.

For the time being, I hope Mick has a smooth and quick recovery and the tour gones on as planned.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 14, 2022 22:01

Hairball
rrronnie
GerardHennessy
lem motlow
This thread is legit-

Yes - well said Gerard.

First and foremost have to hope Mick has a speedy recover, and that there will be no lingering effects. While he's very healthy for a person his age (a phenomenon really), he's also more susceptible because of his age.
There's also his previous heart scare/heart condition that could become a factor, and while he recovered from that seemingly 100%, there's always going to be lingering issues and concerns.

This tour has had weird vibes from the get-go...the raging war on the continent, the still linegring threat of coronavirus which has now made it's presence clearly felt, and the looming rail strike in the UK.
While it's great seeing the Stones continue to roll at their age, can't help but think what could possibly happen next. I just hope for no other problems, and that this 60 tour can safely be put in the history books.

To all who are attending any of the upcoming shows, stay safe and have fun, and as Gerard said in his post above:

"If this is the beginning of the end of The Stones then so be it. Let us all be grateful for what they have given us, and let us
love them with grace, generosity and compassion now that the ravages of time are, finally, beginning to creep up on them".

Amen.

His previous heart condition won’t be a factor. It was a valve repair - once the valve is repaired you go back to normal
(I had the same operation last year). If he had gotten Covid before he had the operation that would have been really serious - but now that his heart is fixed it should not make a difference.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: June 14, 2022 22:04

Thank you bv
That's the facts
Wishing everyone who infected a speedy recovery
Hoping for the tour!!!
Ps it would be great to see another u. s. date

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 14, 2022 22:24

john lomax

His previous heart condition won’t be a factor. It was a valve repair - once the valve is repaired you go back to normal
(I had the same operation last year). If he had gotten Covid before he had the operation that would have been really serious - but now that his heart is fixed it should not make a difference.

I wasn't necessarily saying his previous heart condition could be a factor that will be affected by/or related to Covid - I was talking about his health conditons in general.
My uncle had the same heart valve procedure, and had to go back in for a tune up and adjustment, though he might have had other heart issues.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 13 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home