Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 17
Re: Amsterdam show tonight postponed
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 14, 2022 08:38

tioms
In our country (Belgium) if you tested positive you have to go in quarantine for 7 days and you may not leave your home, only to visit a doctor or pharmacy.

Well, some countries are more extreme than others. Here, in the U.K., seeing the occasional face-covering is one’s only reminder of covid. The virus is, now, barely a topic of conversation. Of course, it’s still very much amongst us, though be it, in a lesser form.

Anyway: fingers-crossed Mick isn’t suffering and that he makes a speedy recovery. Looking forward to witnessing a fighting-fit Jagger at Hyde Park!

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 14, 2022 09:39

I was just thinking about HP1 - if it doesn’t go ahead it can’t be postponed in the same form cannot (ie because it’s part of a festival……). Unless they do the show later that week (ie before HP2) the only the option would be for the Stones to do a standalone London gig at Wembley or Twickenham or some other stadium?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 14, 2022 09:49

john lomax
I was just thinking about HP1 - if it doesn’t go ahead it can’t be postponed in the same form cannot (ie because it’s part of a festival……). Unless they do the show later that week (ie before HP2) the only the option would be for the Stones to do a standalone London gig at Wembley or Twickenham or some other stadium?

same thoughts here! Either they postpone to July 7 or they'll do a standalone gig or cancel it completely. HP I is in 11 days. I can't imagine they will be on stage there!

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: June 14, 2022 10:05

LDs and after
No idea if LD tickets picked up will be valid
Easy to cancel the bar-code
Reason is that those tickets are used in particular to fill the pit, the golden circle, and any other area close to the band
Why ? Because the band cannot play in front an empty pit
And it is not exception to score pits with LD
It depends on the sale
What about all the VIP (the line was impressive) ? Will they come back ? What about the goodies they received ? And those who leaved before receiving the goodies ?
My feeling is that, assumption there is a new date, LDs will be refilled

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 14, 2022 10:13

If they want to prevent the LDs to be resold, they should cancel them and distribute again.

Or simply give new tickets to those who already got them in the same category.I would not be happy if I got Pit with LD and those were cancelled and I would end up with nosebleeds in the second draw.

Mick Has Covid
Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: June 13, 2022 21:39

Re: Mick Has Covid
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2022 21:41

Lucky for you it's not another "Amsterdam" thread. Best wishes to Mick

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:01

Sorry for "double posting". I just saw the "sticky".

I automatically do not look at or read "stickies", and that is why I double posted.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:07

Sure I suppose everyone is antsy

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:09

GET WELL MICK

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 14, 2022 08:40

This thread is legit-

“Tonight’s show canceled “ doesn’t quite cover the magnitude of the situation.
This is a really scary, huge fckng deal.
Mick is 78 years old and had heart surgery just three years ago.

He’s been Superman for so long that we take it for granted, as if nothing can faze him and he’ll shake it off in a few days.
I pray that’s the case but this isn’t throat problems we’re talking about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-14 08:44 by lem motlow.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 14, 2022 10:08

They've been through worse fires (Mick's heart surgery, Keith's brain surgery, etc).. I'm confident Mick is not going from looking very fit and happy to being on his deathbed a day later after testing postive from Covid! They'll be back! thumbs up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 14, 2022 10:17

Yeah, it's hard to imagine him being hit too hard especially since he'll have access to the best available medication (like one other "seventy something" two years ago...) but diseases must never be taken lightly, get well Mick !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 14, 2022 10:43

Mick was fine a few hours before the show.

[pbs.twimg.com]

[twitter.com]

He was smiling and not wearing a mask.

Then he went to soundcheck which according to rumours sounded not too good. Then he did a test which was positive. Based on this information is very unlikely he was very sick at that moment.

However it is really naive to think this will be the only COVID thing which will happen. There is no bubble. They go out for dinner. Chuck is on pictures with fans, Bernard too, Sacha is meeting people and screaming Gimme Shelter 1 cm from Mick.

It will be very interesting to see where things will go. Will they only test when somebody has symptoms? And if Sacha or someone else gets COVID, will they get replaced? Will they tighten the bubble and even keep distance on stage?

It's not a nice thought that you can go to a gig and it can be cancelled 2 hours before showtime, but these are stange times.

I think the Bern gig will be impossible and based on how things are going with Mick maybe Milan could be in trouble too. HP should be fine if there is not outbreak. But I can hardly see how this will not be an outbreak.

Amsterdam was clear from the first communication they would reshedule. If Bern is also cancelled I think Stockholm will not be the last gig as there are no dates.

Posted by: Gram ()
Date: June 14, 2022 10:54

john lomax

The other aspect to HP1 is that the UK is about to have its biggest train strike in history next week. Glastonbury weekend is on as well so if the strike goes ahead it’s going to very difficult getting around… I wonder if this will factor into their decision re when to restart the tour… Anyway, let’s all hope Mick doesn’t get it too bad - the odds are certainly on his side given his level of fitness and the care he’ll get but all things considered I think it’ll take at least a couple of weeks before he’s up to getting back on stage. As we all know it’s a very physical show, especially for someone of his age

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: June 14, 2022 10:54

Well, we all don't know how many of the band already had covid, a reinfection might be very very mild, and you might be negative within a couple of days without or only very mild symptoms. Think positiv!

Re: Amsterdam and Bern shows postponed - Mick has got Covid-19
Date: June 14, 2022 11:00

Milan is on!

Date: June 14, 2022 11:01

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Milan is on!

Source?

Posted by: Gram ()
Date: June 14, 2022 11:02

Stoneswolf
Well, we all don't know how many of the band already had covid, a reinfection might be very very mild, and you might be negative within a couple of days without or only very mild symptoms. Think positiv!

That’s a good point. I’ve got my fingers crossed anyway

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: June 14, 2022 11:04

hockenheim95
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Milan is on!

Source?

[twitter.com]

Date: June 14, 2022 11:04

hockenheim95
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Milan is on!

Source?
Stones statement

Date: June 14, 2022 11:13

I can't believe they'll be doing Milan but I hope for! At least this means Jagger is feeling well

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: June 14, 2022 11:20

Hm so they made a point about Milano happening, that’s interesting. I didn’t think it would…

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 14, 2022 11:22

You're not sure if the concert goes on until you're actually there and the Stones are on stage performing - anybody can test positive for covid just before a show

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 14, 2022 11:26

How can they be sure that Milan is a "go" unless Mick is already negative and feeling zero symptoms ? At this point it's just "hoping for the best" really, they can always say later "unfortunately, blah, blah, blah..."

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 14, 2022 11:27

In 2006 Milan was the first gig of the re- sheduled tour (after Keith's accident).
In 2022 Milan will be a new kind of restart...

Probably Mick is feeling well. Be carefull all of you, boys...

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: June 14, 2022 11:28

How the doctors can assure Mick will be ok for Milan in a week is something I don't get. That would be plausible if he was asymptomatic (and a positive test would mean Bern postponing for isolation reasons).

But having symptoms (and how did he notice them during soundcheck? Throat/respiration issues?), no doctor could declare with certainty he would be fit for a show in 7 days.

Something does not compute here, I think.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 14, 2022 11:31

We don't know any medical details. So everything about it is speculation. If they say Milan is on it's on.

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: June 14, 2022 11:33

Gutted for all involved, especially those who have paid to travel significant distances.

Touring has changed big time now especially for larger acts. I know how stringent checks are. The big insurers request mini bio bubbles at venues, regular covid testing day of or before etc. One act wasn’t allowed to play a warm up gig at a venue because it was too small and was risk assessed as a higher covid risk (NOT the stones before anyone asks!). Given how this has panned out I can see why now.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 14, 2022 11:34

"How can they be sure that Milan is a "go" unless Mick is already negative and feeling zero symptoms ? At this point it's just "hoping for the best" really, they can always say later "unfortunately, blah, blah, blah..."

Good question, gotdablouse, but I think they would prefer to wait some days before say that, if the odds were 50-50% or something...
Maybe Mick is already negative, who knows...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1310
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home