Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 17
Re: Amsterdam show tonight postponed
Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 14, 2022 00:55

I feel so bad for talking my parents into travelling to see this show now, while I'm sitting at home.

Hopefully the other shows won't be affected.

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 13-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Date: June 14, 2022 01:01

hbwriter
TheflyingDutchman
Topi
grzegorz67
on FB, Ben Waters says Mick's in hospital. Ben says he's looking to do an impromptu gig in Amsterdam for the fans. If it happens, he's well worth seeing. Fabulous piano player.

Saw Ben in the VIP room, he said he was trying to get something arranged for tonight.

His facebook page-timeline is empty since an hour or two.

would not be shocked if the Stones brass had him cool the frenetic, inaccurate posting for a while

Inaccurate?? You love it, don't you? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-14 01:05 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: June 14, 2022 01:11

GJV
I was very late driving my car to Amsterdam (at eight o'clock) and only when we were 4km from The Arena we saw a sign over the speedway which read: "Rolling Stones Arena Cancelled". Quickly we listened to the radio, where the news just began and we heard it was true.
So we just turned the car and went home and hoping Mick will be ok.

Immediately I thought about all the fans who had arrived from all over the world and I feel very sorry for you all.
Hope you can enjoy a little bit of Amsterdam and The Netherlands.

This is why from now on nobody should travel more than a few hours from home for a concert. It’s just too likely to be cancelled now. It’s one thing to drive a few hours and have to go back home. It’s another to fly halfway around the world.

How often are they testing? I’m of the opinion that testing asymptomatic people is pointless. Not saying that’s what is happening here. What’s the plan of next week Mick is good to go, but Steve or Darryl test positive?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 14, 2022 01:16

podiumboy
How often are they testing? I’m of the opinion that testing asymptomatic people is pointless. Not saying that’s what is happening here. What’s the plan of next week Mick is good to go, but Steve or Darryl test positive?
Gotta fly god ol' Bill in for the bass playing

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 13-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: June 14, 2022 01:31

slewan
hbwriter
slewan
cancelling a show two or three hours before show time? has this ever happend before?

very weird- why would they test right before show ? makes little sense unless he is symptomatic- hope he's ok!

well, quite the opposite. I makes sense to test shortly before you get in close contact with other people

Absolutely right. Makes a lot of sense.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 14, 2022 01:46

Mick’s stage performance is obviously very important to him. My guess is he
Will not take the stage until he is fully recovered and able to give 100% -
whatever that time frame may be.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 14, 2022 01:53

Maybe a small consolation:
the Amsterdam T-shirt and poster/litho are now available on the Rolling Stones.com site as a pre-order, if one is still interested.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 14, 2022 01:59

Surprised a positive covid test was the reason this show was cancelled, everyone and her Aunt tests positive for that now, i thought Mick pushed himself a bit too hard at Anfield the other night, might take a bit longer than 4 days to recover from that one.

Get well soon Mick.thumbs up

Date: June 14, 2022 02:07

I think the next show will be postponed as well. That will give 7 days.

It is doubtful the doctors will give him the go ahead in 4 days.

Most likely there is a protocol they have to follow. Isolation probably = no rehearsals.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 14, 2022 02:13

keefriffhards
the covid cold everyone gets now.

What on earth are you on about?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 14, 2022 02:36

georgemcdonnell314
I think the next show will be postponed as well. That will give 7 days.

It is doubtful the doctors will give him the go ahead in 4 days.

Most likely there is a protocol they have to follow. Isolation probably = no rehearsals.

Even after 7 days, to expect any mere mortal, let alone a 78 year old man, to have the energy to run around a stage for two hours AND sing after recovering from an illness which has a significant impact on your breathing, would be extremely optimistic.

An absolute sickener for everyone affected. Get well soon, Mick.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 14, 2022 02:37

Just read a post from bye bye johnny in the Beatles thread that Ringo and his All Star Band had to postpone 12 upcoming shows due to band members Edgar Winter and Steve Lukather testing positive:

From Ringo's website: RINGO

And a from Forbes.com mentioning both Stones and Ringo: Stones and Ringo

From the latter article:

"Older adults are at higher risk of getting severely sick from Covid-19, and 81% of Covid deaths
occur in people over the age of 65, according to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-14 02:41 by Hairball.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 14, 2022 02:42

Is there an isolation period in The Netherlands?

Even if he is positive now, he can test every day in isolation probably............ and as soon he gets a negative result and he feels OK he should be covid free.

All depends on how he feels after the testing negative.

He's obviously got a strong body and mind and he will love to get back as soon as possible. thumbs up

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 14, 2022 02:43

keefriffhards
Surprised a positive covid test was the reason this show was cancelled, everyone and her Aunt tests positive for that now, i thought Mick pushed himself a bit too hard at Anfield the other night, might take a bit longer than 4 days to recover from that one.

He had symptoms first, followed by a test, per the official announcement from the Stones:

" The Rolling Stones have been forced to call off tonight’s concert in Amsterdam at the Johan Cruijff ArenA, following Mick Jagger testing positive after experiencing symptoms of COVID upon arrival at the stadium."

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 14, 2022 03:00

Plink
keefriffhards

He had symptoms first, followed by a test, per the official announcement from the Stones:

" The Rolling Stones have been forced to call off tonight’s concert in Amsterdam at the Johan Cruijff ArenA, following Mick Jagger testing positive after experiencing symptoms of COVID upon arrival at the stadium."

Hopefully not too much to worry about as they have only cancelled one show, so hopefully Mick has the cold type covid like i had a short time ago, in less than a week i was playing 18 holes and surfing in the sea.

I'm sure if it were serious they would cancel another show or two to save people from wasting time and money on travel and hotels etc.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: June 14, 2022 03:06

crawdaddy
Is there an isolation period in The Netherlands?

Even if he is positive now, he can test every day in isolation probably............ and as soon he gets a negative result and he feels OK he should be covid free.

All depends on how he feels after the testing negative.

He's obviously got a strong body and mind and he will love to get back as soon as possible. thumbs up

This is obviously the best case scenario, but I'm sure that if he's feeling good by Friday's show in Bern and tests negative, it's possible he could do it. I'm not sure what the isolation periods are, etc. I would say the Bern show is 50/50 at this point, with the information that we know. I think Milan is entirely likely at this point, unless things take an unfortunate turn, which they hopefully will not!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 14, 2022 03:29

Hope Amsterdam gets the great show we got in Los Angeles back in 2006. Mick postponed that one for health, and came back and really gave us a great make up show.

Posted by: hohick ()
Date: June 14, 2022 04:36

Theft of my one&only dream!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 14, 2022 05:20

LorenzAgain
treaclefingers
Kurt
"...Mick's in hospital." ???!!!

Wow, I certainly hope that isn't the case, or if it is simply because they're being really cautious. I have COVID right now and wasn't even a thought I need to go to hospital.

The faster you get treatment the better, especially if you’re old. So if it’s true, it’s not because he’s doing so bad, but because he’s getting covid medication asap

Yeah that makes total sense. Most of us don't get the medication unless we're really bad off but I guess you can get it no matter what if you can pay for it.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 14, 2022 05:27

Get well Mick! A lot of people love you!

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: June 14, 2022 05:49

The band and entourage test every few days. They are ALL vaccinated and boosted.

They have PCR test which are very accurate. They have protocols in place, but nothing is full proof.

Let’s focus on Mick getting well soon. The tour will sort itself out.

Stop complaining and be thankful they didn’t pack it in.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 14, 2022 05:57

rrronnie
slewan
hbwriter
slewan
cancelling a show two or three hours before show time? has this ever happend before?

very weird- why would they test right before show ? makes little sense unless he is symptomatic- hope he's ok!

well, quite the opposite. I makes sense to test shortly before you get in close contact with other people

Absolutely right. Makes a lot of sense.

A couple of y'all missing the obvious? Mick said he felt bad. WTF!!!??? How many hours before a show does it matter? It's happened before for other reasons.

You're acting like COVID isn't a thing, slewan and hbwriter. WTF.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 14, 2022 06:00

treaclefingers
LorenzAgain
treaclefingers
Kurt
"...Mick's in hospital." ???!!!

Wow, I certainly hope that isn't the case, or if it is simply because they're being really cautious. I have COVID right now and wasn't even a thought I need to go to hospital.

The faster you get treatment the better, especially if you’re old. So if it’s true, it’s not because he’s doing so bad, but because he’s getting covid medication asap

Yeah that makes total sense. Most of us don't get the medication unless we're really bad off but I guess you can get it no matter what if you can pay for it.

It only takes a doctor's prescription and the same doctor who tours with the band wrote it. Mick meets the age and health history as well. I have not personally taken the drugs but know many who have and they all have or are getting better. I wish I had that option,

I think the biggest risk is an outbreak amongst the touring party.

Date: June 14, 2022 06:16

EasterMan
I feel so bad for talking my parents into travelling to see this show now, while I'm sitting at home.

Hopefully the other shows won't be affected.

That's quite astounding that you would feel bad not KNOWING something.

Date: June 14, 2022 06:18

podiumboy
GJV
I was very late driving my car to Amsterdam (at eight o'clock) and only when we were 4km from The Arena we saw a sign over the speedway which read: "Rolling Stones Arena Cancelled". Quickly we listened to the radio, where the news just began and we heard it was true.
So we just turned the car and went home and hoping Mick will be ok.

Immediately I thought about all the fans who had arrived from all over the world and I feel very sorry for you all.
Hope you can enjoy a little bit of Amsterdam and The Netherlands.

This is why from now on nobody should travel more than a few hours from home for a concert. It’s just too likely to be cancelled now. It’s one thing to drive a few hours and have to go back home. It’s another to fly halfway around the world.

How does one know if they're asymptomatic?

That's a bit high to think that way.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 14, 2022 06:44

Somebody had mentioned Matt Clifford had also tested positive...has there been any statement or confirmation on that?
None of the articles that I've read mention anyone other than Mick.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: June 14, 2022 07:38

Well, it's possible, that some more people around MJ are infected.
The worst case would be the cancelation of the tour.
Horrible.
Let's hope the best.

Posted by: hohick ()
Date: June 14, 2022 07:46

Nothing is fool-proof alright!

Dumb fackers!!

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: June 14, 2022 07:50

In our country (Belgium) if you tested positive you have to go in quarantine for 7 days and you may not leave your home, only to visit a doctor or pharmacy.

Date: June 14, 2022 08:33

What a day. Still gutted. However had a fantastic day. Build up to the gig was epic. Never felt this kind of buzz. Also after the show big parties near the stadium with stones music. Lost a gig but made a lot of new friends.

Very worried about the tour. This bubble is not a real bubble. Also it ruins the fun for me because now i cant be relaxed that the gig goes on untill they are on stage.

Hopefully Mick will be soon better and this will be the last we hear from covid in relation to the tour. Feeling sorry for all the people who travelled and spent a lot of money.

I expect more info soon.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1981
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home