Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 17
Re: Amsterdam show tonight postponed
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 13, 2022 21:57

Massimo68
Rescheduling the Amsterdam show 'll be problematic : the Eredivisie ("premier league" dutch football championship) is beginning on august 5th 2022.

The Johan Cruyff Arena is the home of Ajax Amsterdam.

Between the Hyde's or after Hyde 2 would make sense if feasible.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 13, 2022 21:58

hbwriter
TheflyingDutchman
hbwriter

Ben Waters LOL (JK)

What's your problem? At least Ben Waters is honest about his mistakes.He's only human. Always answers to all his fans on facebook, even private messages.

it's called a....... "joke" (hence the "LOL" and the "JK" -'just kidding') sorry you were not able to figure that out and hope you were not too deeply offended (LOL)

I thought you were JK Rowling in disguise.........(JK)

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: June 13, 2022 21:59

And if the Bern show is postponed too, the Swiss Super League is beginning on july 16th 2022.

The Wankdorf Stadium is the home of Bern Young Boys.

Date: June 13, 2022 22:03

I would recommend adding any shows that need to be rescheduled to the September/October timeframe, which can then lead into a US fall tour.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:09

Massimo68
Rescheduling the Amsterdam show 'll be problematic : the Eredivisie ("premier league" dutch football championship) is beginning on august 5th 2022.

The Johan Cruyff Arena is the home of Ajax Amsterdam.

But there are gaps between home games, aren' t they?

Date: June 13, 2022 22:12

hbwriter
TheflyingDutchman
hbwriter

Ben Waters LOL (JK)

What's your problem? At least Ben Waters is honest about his mistakes.He's only human. Always answers to all his fans on facebook, even private messages.

it's called a....... "joke" (hence the "LOL" and the "JK" -'just kidding') sorry you were not able to figure that out and hope you were not too deeply offended (LOL)

At least I hope he doesn't follow your advice and vanishes from FB- your initial post.:

More from Ben Waters: "Mick Jagger is okay!!! Just tested positive for covid and NOT IN HOSPITAL!! I shouldn’t listen to gossip on the way out, everyone was so worried, glad to hear he is okay!! They were fantastic in Liverpool and we can’t wait to see them again. Sorry to have worried anyone unduly"

Dude- GET OFF SOCIAL MEDIA FOR NOW - you don't know if he is "okay!!" or not - it was announced he had symptoms - just stop already

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:13

A football team generally plays at home every two weeks. Plenty of time for concerts and done many many times. Remember 2017.

The announcer on stage said they will rescedule in the next days. I don't think they'll choose any of the gaps in between or after Hyde Park. This could result in another cancellation. I think they will play Amsterdam, Bern and Milan in August and announce that later this week!

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:14

And a clubshow in Amsterdam to Kiss and make up

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:16

The announcer probably ain't no authority on the schedule. He had to take care of the worst job of the day I don't envy him

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:17

TheflyingDutchman
hbwriter
TheflyingDutchman
hbwriter

Ben Waters LOL (JK)

At least I hope he doesn't follow your advice and vanishes from FB- your initial post.

Staying off of social media for awhile? I think he needs to -spreading way too much disinformation - just take a few days and get some distance- the band deserves better

Posted by: MegabenAustralia ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:17

'De Kuip' in Rotterdam would be a good alternative.

Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:19

how about lucky dipp tickets? the same place or new tickets?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:20

hope a speed of light recovery for mick, get well!
sorry for all the fans in amsterdam

Date: June 13, 2022 22:21

hbwriter
TheflyingDutchman
hbwriter
TheflyingDutchman
hbwriter

Ben Waters LOL (JK)

At least I hope he doesn't follow your advice and vanishes from FB- your initial post.

Staying off of social media for awhile? I think he needs to -spreading way too much disinformation - just take a few days and get some distance- the band deserves better

He's just another enthusiast fan. Leave the man alone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-13 22:22 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:22

makemeburnthecandle
I would recommend adding any shows that need to be rescheduled to the September/October timeframe, which can then lead into a US fall tour.

They have a full week (8 DAYS) between the HP shows which I presume , doesn't need their stage and a full week (8 DAYS ) after. 29th June and 7th July would fit

sc uk

Date: June 13, 2022 22:24

TheflyingDutchman
hbwriter
TheflyingDutchman
hbwriter
TheflyingDutchman
hbwriter

Ben Waters LOL (JK)

How about I'm entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours-that work for ya? In the meantime, let's leave this and get back on topic - there are bigger issues than you getting easily offended lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-13 22:25 by hbwriter.

Date: June 13, 2022 22:27

what are euro concert standards these days? do you have to show proof of vax etc?

Date: June 13, 2022 22:28

hbwriter
what are euro concert standards these days? do you have to show proof of vax etc?

First thing you need to know about Euro is we have no standards

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:30

hbwriter

In Munich Olympia Stadium 5-Jun-2022 there were no Covid-19 measures at all because Corona regulations have been lifted for events since 1-Apr-2022 in Germany - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:32

straycatuk
makemeburnthecandle

They have a full week (8 DAYS) between the HP shows which I presume , doesn't need their stage and a full week (8 DAYS ) after. 29th June and 7th July would fit

sc uk

Hard to imagine they would try and squeeze a show in between the Hyde Park shows, but I suppose if there's no other options...
This postponement is reminiscent of 2003 when one of the two Amsterdam shows in August had to be postponed and was then rescheduled a month later for September.

Date: June 13, 2022 22:33

hbwriter
TheflyingDutchman
hbwriter
TheflyingDutchman
hbwriter
TheflyingDutchman
hbwriter

Ben Waters LOL (JK)

How about I'm entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours-that work for ya? In the meantime, let's leave this and get back on topic - there are bigger issues than you getting easily offended lol

Sure, brag your way out. thumbs up

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:33

Oh dear Mick! I'm so shocked and sad, but I know in my heart he will be okay. Sending love to the band and crew and all the fans who are going through this tonight. I'm so sorry for everyone.

Date: June 13, 2022 22:35

Hairball

This postponement is reminiscent of 2003 when one of the two Amsterdam shows in August had to be postponed and was then rescheduled a month later for September.

was it because they arrived even more stoned for the other one?

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:36

I hope he's not feeling too terrible.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:39

Nikkei
Hairball

Probably a bit too soon to start making jokes in this thread considering the nature of tonight's postponement....still lots of unknown details...

As for 2003, if memory serves Mick had throat issues...

Date: June 13, 2022 22:40

obviously, despite the tight bubble he was most likely part of- it gets in - his girlfriend and kid are around lots of people at the shows, it seems- MASSIVE crew- not too shocking but awful nonetheless - in the end tho, it's just a show, and life is way important than a show. Speedy recovery, Mick, and then sort it all out

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:42

On a purely selfish note - in a way the postponement of the Amsterdam show is good for me because I wasn’t able to get to Amsterdam tonight. I have always wanted to see them in Amsterdam - it is one of the great Stones cities - and so if they play in August I might get a chance to see them there then. But it is terrible news for everyone who was going tonight, especially those who travelled a long way - I really feel for you and hope you are able to see them
On the rescheduled date or somewhere else.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:45

in Munich and Liverpool I was more or less the only one who was wearing a mask

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:48

Bad news and hope Mick tests negative soon and feels OK.
The entourage have certainly been out and about in the cities visited to date, and I doubt any backstage visitors have had to do a test etc etc. Saying that, he could have caught it just going in a hotel lift.

Date: June 13, 2022 22:49

Hairball
Nikkei
Hairball

Probably a bit too soon to start making jokes in this thread considering the nature of tonight's postponement....still lots of unknown details...

As for 2003, if memory serves Mick had throat issues...

To me it's rather a bit to soon to be all somber about it. We need to put things in perspective. You wouldn't say it's terrible for Mick when you really hope it's not and so one shouldn't say it's terrible for fans who are now inconvenienced. The world puts it in perspecitve for you.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home