Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 17
Re: Amsterdam show tonight postponed
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:30

treaclefingers
Kurt
"...Mick's in hospital." ???!!!

Wow, I certainly hope that isn't the case, or if it is simply because they're being really cautious. I have COVID right now and wasn't even a thought I need to go to hospital.

I am certain I had it last month but just tested negative twice. I am so over it at this point

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:32

treaclefingers
Kurt

Wow, I certainly hope that isn't the case, or if it is simply because they're being really cautious. I have COVID right now and wasn't even a thought I need to go to hospital.

as I said before: going to a hospital doesn't mean that Mick's has been hit hard. If he had been hit hard he would have noticed it before he went to the stadium. Thus I guess he was brought to hospital rather for further examination/testing and observation

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:32

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Kurt

Please state your source or dont say anything.

Kurt is quoting me - My source is Ben Waters (a friend of the band and in Amsterdam) saying so on his facebook page. It certainly isn't definitive. In fact Ben has now deleted the post so looks like it's either untrue or uncertain- thank goodness.

He'll have the best possible care around him for a speedy recovery.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-13 20:34 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Reus23 ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:33

slewan
bv
I do believe I was hearing a soundcheck at around 4:20pm, where I could hear "She's A Rainbow" and "Connection" while walking around outside the stadium.

Some sources are saying Mick felt something, I guess when he was singing, then testing, and these days you get test results pretty fast.

Unfortunately the test came out positive for Covid-19.

The bad news are the fact that covid-19 may be like a bad laryngitis, hopefully Mick has got a mild version. Worst case others on stage may have got infected, we don't know how close Mick has been to other band members.

the man who made the announcement from the stage said that there has been a soundcheck => [www.youtube.com]

Outside the stadium I heard She's a Rainbow and Connection.

Date: June 13, 2022 20:34

grzegorz67
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Kurt

Kurt is quoting me - My source is Ben Waters (a friend of the band and in Amsterdam) saying so on his facebook page. It certainly isn't definitive. In fact Ben has now deleted the post so looks like it's untrue - thank goodness.
This guy also posted about charlies gig. So while very wrong, he is an insider

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:37

Once you test positive, it is important to take action. I am not that worried about Mick's health, he is fit and fine, but the fact that a revenue loss per show show is in the size of USD 10 million means they need him to get well as soon as possible, with minimum side effects like laryngitis.

Bjornulf

Amsterdam afterparty
Date: June 13, 2022 19:39

This sucks so much!!

But we are stonesfans. And we are together! So lets have an party somewhere together. Where is the party?

Re: Amsterdam afterparty
Date: June 13, 2022 20:33

Big party at the stadium febo!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:39

PaintMonkeyManBlack
grzegorz67
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Kurt

Kurt is quoting me - My source is Ben Waters (a friend of the band and in Amsterdam) saying so on his facebook page. It certainly isn't definitive. In fact Ben has now deleted the post so looks like it's untrue - thank goodness.

Did you see my reaction to the quote... ???!!!
Chill out, PaintMonkeyManBlack, this is a fluid situation that sucks for everyone involved. No need to attack anyone at this point.
smileys with beer

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:39

Get well Mick! I hope noone got infected. I guess if we are lucky London is the next show. I wonder if the cancelled shows will take place after Stockholm or next year?

Date: June 13, 2022 20:40

Kurt
PaintMonkeyManBlack
grzegorz67
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Kurt

Did you see my reaction to the quote... ???!!!
Chill out, PaintMonkeyManBlack, this is a fluid situation that sucks for everyone involved. No need to attack anyone at this point.
smileys with beer

I didnt. Sorry. But this post scared me a lot

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:41

Green Lady
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Kurt

Ben Waters has been reported as saying this on Facebook.

Ben Waters has walked back his earlier message:
[m.facebook.com]

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:43

Ahh menn, I was on the way and had a snack at McDonald's when I got the news. Lots of Stones fans around who were just hearing it. Well for me it's not that much of a problem, feeling sorry for folks who came from a long way. And my thoughts are with Mick, I hope he'll recover and gets on stage again very soon! You can't always get what you want I guess! No satisfaction tonight..

Posted by: rstoned ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:44

Sad sad sad…. But health goes first…. We flew from New York…. You can’t always get what you want

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:46

slewan
treaclefingers
Kurt

as I said before: going to a hospital doesn't mean that Mick's has been hit hard. If he had been hit hard he would have noticed it before he went to the stadium. Thus I guess he was brought to hospital rather for further examination/testing and observation

Well not necessarily. I contracted it back in April 2020, and I’ll tell you I felt a hard hit all of a sudden. I tested. It was positive. The next day at 11.07 BOOM. Like a train running over me, and I was sick like a dog for two weeks.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:46

WTH was Ben Waters thinking, posting about Mick in the hospital?? True or not- get a grip, man- don't try to be "first with info- be responsible and respectful - what a stupid move

Date: June 13, 2022 20:47

hbwriter
WTH was Ben Waters thinking, posting about Mick in the hospital?? True or not- get a grip, man- don't try to be "first with info- be responsible and respectful - what a stupid move
Agree 200%

Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:47

Hope Mick's ok soon. At least it's not Monkey Man Pox! <insert rimshot>
I know a few people who traveled from the US for this show. Really feel bad for them. sad smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:48

Mick, Get well soon ! We want you to get well !

Posted by: perkmo ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:48

Stay strong Mick, kick covids ass

Date: June 13, 2022 20:49

I feel sorry for all the Stones fans tonight. Keep the good news in mind: There will be another Stones concert in Amsterdam soon !!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:50

Word is Matt Clifford has it too.

More from Ben Waters: "Mick Jagger is okay!!! Just tested positive for covid and NOT IN HOSPITAL!! I shouldn’t listen to gossip on the way out, everyone was so worried, glad to hear he is okay!! They were fantastic in Liverpool and we can’t wait to see them again. Sorry to have worried anyone unduly"

Dude- GET OFF SOCIAL MEDIA FOR NOW - you don't know if he is "okay!!" or not - it was announced he had symptoms - just stop already

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-13 20:51 by hbwriter.

perkmo
Its mick. Covid will not know what hit it. still lucky for covid it wasnt keith. The whole pandemic would be over instantly

bv
Once you test positive, it is important to take action. I am not that worried about Mick's health, he is fit and fine, but the fact that a revenue loss per show show is in the size of USD 10 million means they need him to get well as soon as possible, with minimum side effects like laryngitis.

EXACTLY

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:51

PaintMonkeyManBlack
hbwriter
Agree 200%

In the moment.. likely because it was true (getting quick treatment etc) and perhaps meant to be reassuring as opposed to alarming is my guess.
I took it as reassuring.. quick treatment can make a huge difference.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:51

Best wishes to Mick!
Get well soon!!

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:52

We all new it was a bit of a gamble, didn't we? After things worked out fine in the US last year I had high hopes that this tour would go on without problems, too.

It wasn't to be. Not bad feelings here. I feel for those who travelled a long way.

Saw I few children under 10 on Arena boulevard crying after they were informed of the cancellation. Heartbreaking.

I just hope that Jagger and everyone in band and crew will be okay and well, that's the important thing for me now.

Date: June 13, 2022 20:53

Topi
Word is Matt Clifford has it too.

well colour me surprised

Date: June 13, 2022 20:53

PaintMonkeyManBlack
perkmo
Its mick. Covid will not know what hit it. still lucky for covid it wasnt keith. The whole pandemic would be over instantly

HA

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1631
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home