Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 17
Re: AMSTERDAM SHOW CANCELLED! MICK HAS COVID
Posted by: stein ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:04

Sorry for fans travelling in from the whole world

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:07

Wouldn't be surprised if this is the start of an outbreak among the band/crew

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:12

WelshEdge1

wait and see… – what else can we do?

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 13-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:13

grzegorz67
on FB, Ben Waters says Mick's in hospital. Ben says he's looking to do an impromptu gig in Amsterdam for the fans. If it happens, he's well worth seeing. Fabulous piano player.

Saw Ben in the VIP room, he said he was trying to get something arranged for tonight.

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 13-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:14

Pls update us if we know something concrete

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:15

crawdaddy

We all thought this covid problem we have been facing for so long was getting easier, and I didn't even think a Rolling Stones gig would be postponed.

In Germany had on 25-May-2022 Herbert Grönemeyer to cancel his Anniversary-Tour '20 Jahre Mensch' due to Covid-19 - [www.Spiegel.de] - (in German). Translated:

"Herbert Grönemeyer on Corona: 'This virus shows its tough side'

After the cancellation of his anniversary tour '20 Jahre Mensch' due to a Corona illness, Herbert Grönemeyer has addressed his fans in a handwritten letter. 'We were ready to celebrate. What a bummer,' the singer wrote in the letter posted on Instagram on Saturday. The concerts were supposed to have started on Thursday, 26-May-2022 in Hanover.

However, Grönemeyer himself, band members and staff became infected with the corona virus. Therefore, the tour was completely cancelled. In his letter, Grönemeyer also gave insights into his health condition. 'This virus shows its tough side, it wears and pulls,' he wrote. It was 'embarrassing for him to lie around so idly and wait for improvement'.

About the cancelled concerts, Grönemeyer wrote that he was very concerned and pained to see 'how many people have made an effort for a year to prepare the most beautiful evening possible, how many people wanted to come and how this situation has now brought everything to a crashing halt and how sad this is for so many.'

They were all 'vaccinated several times, were tested beforehand and yet now, of all times, it has hit us.' This is 'very bitter'. Apparently, it is not possible to make up for the cancelled concerts later in the year. There is 'a lack of availability of stadiums, staff, stage and technical equipment' - because many events that were cancelled during the Corona period are now taking place late."
- [www.Spiegel.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-13 20:40 by Irix.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:16

Topi
grzegorz67
on FB, Ben Waters says Mick's in hospital. Ben says he's looking to do an impromptu gig in Amsterdam for the fans. If it happens, he's well worth seeing. Fabulous piano player.

Saw Ben in the VIP room, he said he was trying to get something arranged for tonight.

Top man. I saw him play alongside Ronnie in November 2019.

Re: Amsterdam show tonight postponed
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:17

"...Mick's in hospital." ???!!!

Date: June 13, 2022 20:18

May the good lord shine a light on Mick and aid in his quick recovery. So sorry for all the fans there.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:18

So sorry for all of you in Amsterdam. Hope you'll be able to catch another show.
And of course get well soon Mick!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:19

Don't really know what the rules are for The Netherlands, but could be anyone of the Stones entourage testing positive will have to isolate for a period of time.

Keeping fingers crossed the Bern and Milan gigs will go ahead, but it's not looking good. confused smiley

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:21

Sorry for everybody!
Live is unpredictable.
Try to have a good time in a great city.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:21

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-13 20:22 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:22

Oh....no............

Feel really bad for all who were attending...........

Haven't read through thread, and dont know the reasons yet, but hopefully everything is ok!

Posted by: bv ()

I do believe I was hearing a soundcheck at around 4:20pm, where I could hear "She's A Rainbow" and "Connection" while walking around outside the stadium.

Some sources are saying Mick felt something, I guess when he was singing, then testing, and these days you get test results pretty fast.

Unfortunately the test came out positive for Covid-19.

The bad news are the fact that covid-19 may be like a bad laryngitis, hopefully Mick has got a mild version. Worst case others on stage may have got infected, we don't know how close Mick has been to other band members.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()

Kurt

If accurate, that is a good thing.. getting quickly treated etc.

Posted by: MononoM ()

deleted

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-13 20:24 by MononoM.

Date: June 13, 2022 20:23

crawdaddy
Don't really know what the rules are for The Netherlands, but could be anyone of the Stones entourage testing positive will have to isolate for a period of time.

Keeping fingers crossed the Bern and Milan gigs will go ahead, but it's not looking good. confused smiley

I think it's safe to say that Bern will be canceled, too.

Date: June 13, 2022 20:25

bv
I do believe I was hearing a soundcheck at around 4:20pm, where I could hear "She's A Rainbow" and "Connection" while walking around outside the stadium.

Some sources are saying Mick felt something, I guess when he was singing, then testing, and these days you get test results pretty fast.

Unfortunately the test came out positive for Covid-19.

The bad news are the fact that covid-19 may be like a bad laryngitis, hopefully Mick has got a mild version. Worst case others on stage may have got infected, we don't know how close Mick has been to other band members.

the man who made the announcement from the stage said that there has been a soundcheck => [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()

Wow...the damn dastardly virus...hope Mick is OK and recovers well.....damn....

Irix
Show officially cancelled:

[Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com]

[Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com]

Posted by: marclaff ()

So Matt will be positive as soon as possible

Kurt

Please state your source or dont say anything.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:27

WelshEdge1

Really worried about that, too. And I can't imagine Mick feeling 100% recovered within the next 10-14 days, even if he tests negative.

I feel so bad for folks who travelled far, but I admire your determination!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:28

Reminds me of (second) Beacon gig in NYC that was only postponed for a day. (Made it for that one.)
Then there was Las Vegas gig postpponed for a day or two. (Had to leave for home on that one.)
Then there was Miami gig moved back a day. (Never got there, couldn't use tickets.)

Not like this, when sound check over and many people already in stadium. Whoa. And indefinite postponement.
Condolences to fans, those already there and on their way in.

Mick, please get well soon.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-13 20:42 by angee.

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Kurt

I think that came from Ben Waters' FB.

The fact that Mick was brought to a hospitel doesn't indicate much. They are playing it safe, trying to get the best treatment and – most likely first of all – a PCR test

Posted by: Green Lady ()

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Kurt

Ben Waters has been reported as saying this on Facebook.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()

Kurt

Wow, I certainly hope that isn't the case, or if it is simply because they're being really cautious. I have COVID right now and wasn't even a thought I need to go to hospital.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:29

I hope Mick is doing all right, best wishes. However this is just down to the protocol and basically the shit everyone expected to happen last year already so unfortunate for everyone who travelled there but- whatever.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:29

Prayers for Mick and everyone involved in the tour. For those already there...make the most of it. Beyond everyone's control. Thanks for the updates everyone.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: June 13, 2022 20:30

treaclefingers
Kurt

Wow, I certainly hope that isn't the case, or if it is simply because they're being really cautious. I have COVID right now and wasn't even a thought I need to go to hospital.

The faster you get treatment the better, especially if you’re old. So if it’s true, it’s not because he’s doing so bad, but because he’s getting covid medication asap

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home