Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Lisa Fischer talking about Charlie
Posted by: Shott ()
Date: June 12, 2022 01:14

I was front row in Seattle last night and asked if she had a Charlie story. She talked about one time while he was playing she went up to his plexiglass where they used to put the setlist, put big red lipstick kiss on it and then started to sexually grind against it, and Charlie got really embarrassed. She then said he always had elegant shoes, socks, and a subtle but great cologne. It was fun.

Re: Lisa Fischer talking about Charlie
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 12, 2022 06:47

I do miss Lisa. Watching the video of Thru & Thru on that topic’s feed really made miss that version of the band. Bobby, Charlie, Lisa, Blondie. Great times and shows.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: June 12, 2022 08:22

VoodooLounge13
I do miss Lisa. Watching the video of Thru & Thru on that topic’s feed really made miss that version of the band. Bobby, Charlie, Lisa, Blondie. Great times and shows.

Agree 100%....... I loved Lisa.

Date: June 12, 2022 22:40

Yes Far superior to Sasha IMO in all aspects - range, interaction with Mick, experience. Ya just can’t beat those Gimme Shelter solos she used to belt out. Hell I prefer them to the original!!! Especially the ‘95 B-Side from on of the Stripped shows. My God gives me chills every time. Sasha can’t get close to that note and the song comes off lackluster as a result if anyone asks me.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 12, 2022 22:49

Shott
I was front row in Seattle last night and asked if she had a Charlie story. She talked about one time while he was playing she went up to his plexiglass where they used to put the setlist, put big red lipstick kiss on it and then started to sexually grind against it, and Charlie got really embarrassed. She then said he always had elegant shoes, socks, and a subtle but great cologne. It was fun.

You can see one of the times she does this I believe on the Bremen '98 show on "Miss You" funny moment.

I definitely miss Lisa as well. For me, having her guest with Mick is for me as big as any other "big name" guest star. Katy Perry, Chrstina Aguielera etc etc...I think the crowd would love to hear Mick call out to the stage: "Miss Lisa Fisherr!"

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 13, 2022 00:03

But maybe she's now more happy doing her own concerts and songs?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: June 13, 2022 00:04

She is! And with great aplomb and success

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 13, 2022 00:11

That's realy great to hear. I wish her all the succes in the world.

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: June 13, 2022 00:27

That's a really kool story. Sweet as

Date: June 13, 2022 02:23

sarahunwin
She is! And with great aplomb and success

I am also very glad to hear that!!! Would gladly welcome another solo album from her!!! Haven’t listened to her first one in a long long while.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 13, 2022 04:58

VoodooLounge13
Yes Far superior to Sasha IMO in all aspects - range, interaction with Mick, experience. Ya just can’t beat those Gimme Shelter solos she used to belt out. Hell I prefer them to the original!!! Especially the ‘95 B-Side from on of the Stripped shows. My God gives me chills every time. Sasha can’t get close to that note and the song comes off lackluster as a result if anyone asks me.

Naaah, for me nothing beats the 1969 studio version with Merry Clayton and the 1972/73 live versions with Mick Taylor - those were the "dangerous" Stones, goosebumps all the way! Agree that the '95 B-Side is also great (and the version on "No Security", too), but Lisa increasingly tended to overdo her performance what sometimes turned this song into muzak for me - this is Stones music, not opera or musical... With Sasha, it's a bit more down to earth again and therefore closer to the spirit of the original imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-13 04:59 by retired_dog.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 13, 2022 09:14

retired_dog
Naaah, for me nothing beats the 1969 studio version with Merry Clayton and the 1972/73 live versions with Mick Taylor - those were the "dangerous" Stones, goosebumps all the way! Agree that the '95 B-Side is also great (and the version on "No Security", too), but Lisa increasingly tended to overdo her performance what sometimes turned this song into muzak for me - this is Stones music, not opera or musical... With Sasha, it's a bit more down to earth again and therefore closer to the spirit of the original imo.

Absolutely agree. Gimme Shelter 1995, and Black Limousine for that matter, was a return to form after 1989/1990 and also from the stadium shows of 1994, and therefor a neat surprise, but can not at all compare to early 70s nor the studio version with Merry Clayton. With the whole band peaking, and especially Mick Taylor, in 1972/73, they surely didn't need any female singing, there wouldn't be room for it. Allthough the most dangerous and intense Gimme Shelter might be December 6th 1969.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 13, 2022 10:09

Lisa Fischer was so commanding during Gimme Shelter on the Voodoo Lounge and Bridges to Babylon tours. Such ferocious performances, and a great, natural chemistry with Mick, too. She was very, very sexy, then. No wonder Charlie would blush.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2022 11:41

GJV
But maybe she's now more happy doing her own concerts and songs?

I've come to realize that a) she probably don't want to be a one trick pony her whole life b) it must be such a coveted position that it would be unfair if one person hogs the spot forever. It was probably unanimous at that point and Sasha is definitely authentic.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 13, 2022 12:01

Lisa was and is absolutely great! Sweet memories of what she brought to the Stones
and she certainly deserves to step out of whatever shadows back up singers and follow
her own path. I hope she's very happy.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 13, 2022 12:27

I will go straight to the point: What Lisa brought to The Rolling Stones was sex appeal. That's the reason she has her own threads on IORR.
Nothing wrong with her voice but that is not the center of attention for her male followers. Even if they claim so.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2022 12:44

Wow .... hey mum come read this one

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 13, 2022 13:25

I miss Lisa awesome vocals and she can sing with the best of them . Such a huge powerful and commanding voice , with great range . A truly dynamic show stopping vocalist !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 13, 2022 13:31

Stoneage
I will go straight to the point: What Lisa brought to The Rolling Stones was sex appeal. That's the reason she has her own threads on IORR.
Nothing wrong with her voice but that is not the center of attention for her male followers. Even if they claim so.

I believe the voice is part of the ‘sex appeal’ It’s a blend of her sexual nature and voice.

Date: June 13, 2022 16:56

Lisa's sex appeal - if you want to lower her appeal to something so derogatory as her physical appearance - is more than just her looks. It was her interactions with Mick onstage - the flirtatiousness that they shared, sometimes grabbing each other's behinds, tossing a kiss each other's way, the grinding dance moves. It was THAT voice, standing front and center in the middle of a packed, sold-out stadium and belting out those notes that no one - NO ONE - else has and sending shivers right down the backs of fans, as those notes carried thru the air to the very top rows of the stadiums even. It is her ability to command the stage and be an integral part of the World's Greatest RnR band, with whom she will always be synonymous, IMHO. She was the perfect fit with the band.

Sasha does not command an audience the way Lisa did, mostly I think, because she simply doesn't have the range. And you most assuredly do not see the same playful interaction between her and Mick. I think she'd be crying foul if that were the case, but then I also have my own opinion that I shall keep to myself, regarding her and a certain song no longer played.

In the end, as much as I WANT to look forward to hearing GS these days, I know it's not the same as it was. Granted it's not as unenjoyable as Miss You or IORR, and quite possibly that is because I still have not heard it live all that often.

I wish Lisa nothing but the best - she does truly deserve all the honors of coming out from behind the band and commanding center stage. And I just realized she's playing here in my state this Saturday night - I might try and go see her!!!

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: June 13, 2022 17:30

VoodooLounge13

Licks was a great tour and that time period for the and was quite good. The whole tour with different venues, classic albums featured from their “golden era” and the playing of songs like CYHMK after waiting 30 years made that special imo.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 13, 2022 17:53

chevysales
VoodooLounge13

Licks was a great tour and that time period for the and was quite good. The whole tour with different venues, classic albums featured from their “golden era” and the playing of songs like CYHMK after waiting 30 years made that special imo.

Licks was the tour that Mick Taylor should have guested because of the variety of venues, setlists and last, but definitely not least, the fact that Ronnie was, ahem, "absent" a bit too often for my taste.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: June 13, 2022 17:59

I too thought that the '95 version of Gimme Shelter was great. However, I'm glad that Sasha doesn't put up that cringeworthy act with Mick that makes it impossible in places to watch the dvds with Lisa on them.

Besides, I haven't noticed how Sasha would be a lesser vocalist than her. It's 'only' a backup singing part anyway and nothing tops the original '69 version.

Sorry, but that's my opinion.

Date: June 13, 2022 18:23

And I respect your opinion SomeGuy. Perhaps at near 80 it would be cringeworthy to watch Mick onstage acting like that but back in time it’s all part of what made them the damn Rolling Stones in the first place. They epitomize sex, drugs, and rock and roll. And to me it all just went with the show. Especially given Mick’s…. Dalliances.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 13, 2022 18:29

That interaction between Mick and Lisa, in its time, anyway, enticed some of us female members of the audience as well as the males. The attraction between the two was palpable, imo, anyway. Lisa's voice was superb, but became more of a caricature towards the end, in the song.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: June 13, 2022 18:34

I am no expert, but seeing Lisa up close my impression was that she is a major talent. Maybe not quite Billie Holiday or Ella Fitzgerald, but within a stone's throw if you'll pardon the pun.

Date: June 13, 2022 21:57

Shott
I am no expert, but seeing Lisa up close my impression was that she is a major talent. Maybe not quite Billie Holiday or Ella Fitzgerald, but within a stone's throw if you'll pardon the pun.

Agreed, and I always considered her more than just a backing singer.

Date: June 13, 2022 22:01

You can put her next to Tina Turner and that won't shrink her. Where's that clip

Posted by: MegabenAustralia ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:23

Oh Gosh... I miss Lisa.... Still see her riding her foldable bike... she took it on tour. Still she her roaming the streets of Sydney in 2002, she bought this typical Australian leather hat smiling smiley
(and she had it on when she stepped out the tour bus in Amsterdam, later that year smiling smiley

Date: June 13, 2022 22:25

Yep when I met her in Stockholm she also came by bike. We had some pictures taken that were never sent to me. If you read this, I would be more than happy if you hit me up

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home