Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones sign £50m TV deal for drama series
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 10, 2022 05:39

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards — the Stones' credited songwriters — have agreed a massive deal to allow some of their songs and story to be used in a drama for the first time.

The team behind The Crown are making plans to shoot a new 16-part drama series about the band, which is as-yet untitled. It will be shown in two eight-part series by the network FX.

I'm told that the production budget has been bloated by demands from the Stones for recompense for allowing their lives and their music to feature. A pal of Jagger's tells me that 'around £50 million' will go to them jointly as a result.

That's a stunning chunk of change, but it seems that a judgment call was made by the show-runners that this was the only way the project would be worth doing.

Re: Rolling Stones sign £50m TV deal for drama series
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 10, 2022 06:24

Wow. I’m a bit surprised really. And who said Mick doesn’t like the past!?! smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 10, 2022 07:58

Fabulous. Hope they do it a magnificent turn.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 10, 2022 08:39

.... Hope BV gets ta play himself ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 10, 2022 16:15

The Crown team did some amazing work, I find. So this is gonna be pretty cool. Maybe they get Scorsese to direct it...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 10, 2022 16:20

Somehow I remember having read about this before?

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 10, 2022 16:30

It's just pure greed but hey-ho

It's great publicity for Mick and Keith anyway, why drain the budget of the series makers.

The Crown was excellent quality production, now they have less budget to make a fantastic series on the Stones.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 10, 2022 23:08

Rockman
.... Hope BV gets ta play himself ....

Who'll play you Rockman? Johnny Depp?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-10 23:41 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 11, 2022 09:19

I hope ALL the Stones, past and present, get a nice cut of the pie, and not just Mick and Keith for songwriting royalties. The general public is only interested in the first 15 years or so of the band, and that means, Bill, Brian, and Mick Taylor. God they'll probably drag Brian through the mud. Bill will probably only get the occasional nod, same with Mick Taylor.

Honestly we don't need this. I'd rather watch a documentary on the Stones than a docu-drama. But it might introduce a whole new set of kids to the band, like Gary Busey's Buddy Holly portrayal reignited interest.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1561
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home