Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Angie - latter day performances
Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 9, 2022 15:28

I feel like Angie has been played a little too fast recently. While Mick can still sing Wild Horses very well, he seems to be having a little bit of troube with Angie.

While I don't love the live performances of this song since 1989, I found one that actually reguarly gives me goosebumps when I listen to it, really magical. So I decided to share it with you.

It's the performance in Hawaii in 1998. Notice Mick's singing in the very end, like he really cries out the name. In general his voice was very soft and beautiful on this concert.

Since I like video editing I tried to add a video from Havana 2016, so you can also watch something while you listen. Some parts do fit very well.

Enjoy!

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Angie - latter day performances
Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: June 9, 2022 15:50

I have really enjoyed the later versions. Chicago 2019 was exceptional on the B-stage done entirely acoustic. I was in the pit and met a girl named Angie, she asked me before the show if they would play it and I said it's doubtful because it hadn't been in the rotation for a few years.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 9, 2022 15:54

The renditions since 1989 are nice in their own ways, but they are a little too fast for my liking (In 1989/90 it was harsh and brutal as well smiling smiley ).

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 9, 2022 20:55

I don't care for any of the modern versions, especially since they skip a whole verse. Can't beat 73 live version.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 10, 2022 04:43

Mick does a really good job on the vocals on these latter day performances.

Ruby Tuesday is one that I think really translates well in the modern era performances.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 10, 2022 04:46

I love every version.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home