Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 16 of 17
Re: Liverpool UK 09-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 11, 2022 03:10

Would of been an awkward silence from Everton fans in the crowd when "You'll never walk alone" was sung or maybe they were the only one's booing

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 11, 2022 05:04

The Sicilian
From the videos, the crowd did not look as enthusiastic as Spain or Germany. At least early in the show. Maybe the daylight was a downer. It seemed to lack energy.

Don't be fooled by Youtube videos! The atmosphere was great.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-11 18:26 by The Worst..

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 11, 2022 05:28

Thanks, waterrats, in the meantime I read about the Liverpool connection.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-11 05:30 by angee.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 11, 2022 08:42

You Got The Silver
Not Silver, it a real Pearl!! Best song of the show for me spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Davie137 ()
Date: June 11, 2022 11:19

Unbelievable night, really hope they keep Out Of Time in the set list for the rest of the tour, 1 of the highlights for me

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: June 11, 2022 11:38

Hi everybody!
Didn't I tell you? Dean has left Liverpool as a different man! (and he didn't even wear my glasses) Off course he did! What a great concert! No way to get around it!
After a "scary" bit of rain before Echo and the Bunnymen" came up, the weather changed and we were given a great (little windy) evening in Liverpool, my hometown in 1971.
I spoke to several people who watched Madrid, which they thought was great, but the felt that Liverpool was even better. I like to hear that cool smiley
But really, was it Steve ?, they played a very powerful concert, so powerful that they even had a few hick-ups. "19th" hick-up was a clear one for diehards, but they solved it smoothly.
I truly hope they can find the same energy in Amsterdam. This time I will choose "Ronnie's" side, because Keith felt too happy being near to Steve. Never mind, Keith, you were great anyway.
smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: June 11, 2022 11:56

Yes it was a truly fantastic show in Liverpool - "..till the next time..."

Star

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 11, 2022 12:34

Didn't Liverpool have a song vote?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 11, 2022 12:51

Christiaan
You Got The Silver
Not Silver, it a real Pearl!! Best song of the show for me spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[youtu.be]

Even through the decidedly crappy live feed you could tell this was a good one. Nice to hear it properly (Or as properly as possible without being there).

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: June 11, 2022 13:26

StonesSmeth99
The crowd was great and as noted by others above, be wary of judging the whole night by a few YouTube vids. Lots of first timers who literally couldn’t believe what they were witnessing. And the You’ll Never Walk Alone encore serenade - not sure anything like that has happened in the recent past. The respected journos noted how they raised their game to match the crowd reaction from the start. I’ve only seen 5 stars for this tour and they’ve got it right

Yes, it's truth. By watching YT videos it's hard to get the atmosphere etc.
I was at the Munich show and had a real good time. And I talked to people after the show. Some of them had never seen them before and were enthousiastic.
If the tour continues like this, it's realy unbelievable great!
How spoiled we Stones fans are!

Posted by: Gram ()
Date: June 11, 2022 13:29

waterrats
angee
StonesSmeth99
The crowd was great and as noted by others above, be wary of judging the whole night by a few YouTube vids. Lots of first timers who literally couldn’t believe what they were witnessing. And the You’ll Never Walk Alone encore serenade - not sure anything like that has happened in the recent past. The respected journos noted how they raised their game to match the crowd reaction from the start. I’ve only seen 5 stars for this tour and they’ve got it right

Anyone have a tape of that, audio or video? Would love to hear it. TY.

This is brilliant… hope the band got to properly hear it before they came back on…

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 11, 2022 14:14

Hello,

Here's a few from Thursday from wayyyyy up in The Gods, hah-hah!

DSC02207 by nicholl.simon, on Flickr

DSC02234 by nicholl.simon, on Flickr

DSC02238 by nicholl.simon, on Flickr

DSC02261 by nicholl.simon, on Flickr

DSC02309 by nicholl.simon, on Flickr

DSC02307 by nicholl.simon, on Flickr

DSC02305 by nicholl.simon, on Flickr

DSC02294 by nicholl.simon, on Flickr

DSC02266 by nicholl.simon, on Flickr

IMG_9040 by nicholl.simon, on Flickr

IMG_8985 by nicholl.simon, on Flickr

What an enjoyable show...even in the upper/sides the sound was great...loadsa room to dance and act the goat, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: June 11, 2022 14:21

Great photos Simon!

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: June 11, 2022 15:05

Always great pics Simon from whatever gig you go to.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 11, 2022 15:24

GuessWho
Always great pics Simon from whatever gig you go to.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Hi GW,

Cheque’s in the post etc, hah~hah! Nah, these were at the limits of the small camera….would have been sweet to get the artillery in though.

I have one shot of a teleprompter which has the lyrics to JJF but also a reminder to SOLO! Like Keith needs reminding!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: June 11, 2022 15:36

-Couldn`t hear the organ in the "You`ve Got The Silver" youtube clip. I mean where the organ makes the song take off, sort of.

Date: June 11, 2022 15:54

Silver Dagger
The glorious Midnight Rambler

This is brilliant… thank you to whoever filmed it. The band sounds great and the video really captures the crowd noise smiling smiley Really wish I’d been there… oh well, London beckons!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 11, 2022 16:02

Gram
Silver Dagger

This is brilliant… thank you to whoever filmed it. The band sounds great and the video really captures the crowd noise smiling smiley Really wish I’d been there… oh well, London beckons!

Loved the video but the crowd...it looks like no one is moving. I don't get it. I'm dancing from beginning to end. 70 in December. Bless my health. I know some are not as fortunate.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 11, 2022 21:27

Green Lady
Christiaan
You Got The Silver

[youtu.be]

Even through the decidedly crappy live feed you could tell this was a good one. Nice to hear it properly (Or as properly as possible without being there).

I remember the strange days when Keith would stand there awkwardly at the mic singing like a bizarre crooner without his guitar (as seen in Shine a Light).
Thankfully he saw the light since then and strapped on his guitar - a much better look and the song sounds way better.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 11, 2022 21:48

NilsHolgersson
Didn't Liverpool have a song vote?

No - I wanna be your man played in that slot. Very good it was too

Posted by: Ali ()
Date: June 11, 2022 22:08

I've just remembered, Ian McCullough, ever the wind up merchant, mentioned a couple of times about the Stones being the best.
As trolling goes, that was decent indeed!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 12, 2022 00:42

Gram
Great photos Simon!

I second that. Really interesting angle too.

Posted by: soundboard ()
Date: June 12, 2022 01:45

"I've just remembered, Ian McCullough, ever the wind up merchant, mentioned a couple of times about the Stones being the best.
As trolling goes, that was decent indeed!"

Wish I could of seen this gig - two bands I love.
A moment in Vancouver in 1986 - the Bunnymen did a nice rendition of "Paint It Black".

I transferred my cassette of the show over lockdown, here is the track. Going to share the show - but looking at fixing the tape dropout on this track first (gotta open the case and iron the crinkled tape - end of spool damage - then re-transfer).

the track:
Paint It Black Vancouver 1986

Thanks for the play by play everyone - I'm so grateful to all who make these live threads happen - always something to look forward to.

Soundboard

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: June 12, 2022 02:17

I really was there. I know I was. I have the travel costs and my ticket to prove it. And yet I feel that somehow I was not there at all. Why? Because as I read the glowing, ecstatic reviews of the concert they don't seem to refer to the one I was at.

So how was the one I DID attend? Well, it was okay. Quite decent in fact. As ever with The Stones there were a few car crash moments. Muddled intros. Missed cues. Messed up lyrics. But that was all fine. In fact it was rather endearing. And a reminder that they have never been polished and perfect. Rather, they have always been an authentic live band. Sloppy, natural, and gloriously alive.

So what is my issue then? It is just as I said. In my humble opinion this was a routine, workmanlike, unremarkable performance by The Stones. No more, and no less. For me it was not a five star performance. Or even a four star performance. It was a three and a half-star performance. The half star is for the inclusion of a handful of less hackneyed tracks that brings a wee bit of freshness to things. But I can help feeling that if The Stones manage to stand upright now for a couple of hours, that fact on its own, coupled with their longevity, warrants a deluge of superlatives and unlimited praise.

No doubt many, many people will disagree with my views. Good luck to them. Its a free country for us all. And, maybe, as I have said elsewhere, I have simply seen the band too often over too many years. I remember them when they really were the greatest. Or is that simply a trick of my memory? Has the passage of time bathed everything in a nostalgic glow of imagined perfection? Who knows? And, equally, who cares?

Anfield 2022 has clearly pleased an awful lot of people. Isn't that really what it's all about? A bit of fun. A few drinks. And a laugh with our friends.

Enjoy it while we can good people. Who knows how long it will last for...

Date: June 12, 2022 03:04

Nice and honest review Gerard, thanks.

GerardHennessy
I really was there. I know I was. I have the travel costs and my ticket to prove it. And yet I feel that somehow I was not there at all. Why?
Because as I read the glowing, ecstatic reviews of the concert they don't seem to refer to the one I was at.

It's like Rolling Stone magazine giving Goddess in the Doorway a 5 star review back in the day when deep down most everyone in their right mind knew that's an improbability and ultimately an impossibility.
Not to downplay these shows, but surely the latest round of 5 star reviews are fictional and not based on a true reality, but they provide feel good vibes in these trying times in the post-pandemic world.
Maybe they're based more on the personal and subjective feelings of the individual critcs and writers themselves, who are more thrilled at the experince of being at a giant event itself, vs. the actual performances.
And before someone says "you can't critique or judge any of these show based solely on youtube or livestreams", well I just saw two in L.A. back in October, and while fun, they were far from 5 star shows.
Glad whats left of the Stones continue to keep on rolling, and look forward to following the next "best show ever" in Amsterdam, followed by the "best show ever" in Bern, the "best show ever" in Milan, and on and on.
Giving anything and everything 5 stars sort of diminishes the actual meaning of 5 stars, but I imagine there will be plenty more 5 star reviews as the mini-tour rolls on...and then there will be the reality.

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: June 12, 2022 03:18

Fair play. That's your honest opinion.
Can I suggest you do something else with your spare time?
You clearly don't really enjoy The Stones anymore so good luck in finding a hobby that brings you more pleasure.....

Date: June 12, 2022 04:08

For most of us, the Stones will always be a part of our lives...through thick and thin...good times, bad times...better or worse...new album or not...
If and when they come back to my neck of the woods, I'll be sure to get some Lucky Dips, and can guarantee it will still be fun - probably not 5 stars of greatness fun, but it will be fun nevertheless.

Silver Dagger

Always a favorite, and even without Charlie it's still thrilling...thumbs up...dare I say spine tingling...

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 12, 2022 07:38

I know the green Tele isn't exactly new anymore but I'm still surprised to see the condition it's in

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 12, 2022 07:39

schillid
Look for them to play "I Wanna Be Your Man" in Liverpool only.

YES!
I PREDICTED IT

Date: June 12, 2022 11:14

Nikkei
I know the green Tele isn't exactly new anymore but I'm still surprised to see the condition it's in

Was thinking the same thing smiling smiley It’s looking really road worn in that video

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 16 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1920
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home