Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 17
Re: Liverpool UK 09-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 10, 2022 00:43

Fkin A!!!! When is the last time that I Wanna Be Your Man was played live?!?!?!?

Posted by: waterrats ()

DREAMTIME
how many IORR members were at the show tonight? it should be no problem for each of 9 volunteers to stream 2 songs.

Like the idea, had this for a while by now. In any case, in Gelsenkirchen, I will definitely try to get a stream together.

Posted by: EddieByword ()

Street fighting man
19th nervous breakdown
Get off of My cloud
Tumblin' dice
I Wanna be your man
Out of time
You can't always get what you want
Ghost town
Honky tonk women
---- intros
You got the silver
Connection
Miss you
Midnight rambler
Start me up
Paint it black
Sympathy for the devil
Jumping Jack flash
--- Band off stage
Gimme shelter
Satisfaction

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-10 00:48 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 10, 2022 00:45

VoodooLounge13
Fkin A!!!! When is the last time that I Wanna Be Your Man was played live?!?!?!?

2012 I believe.

Date: June 10, 2022 00:46

OH. I thought it was a bit more rare than that! LOL

Posted by: Green Lady ()

Sound has been very peculiar on all the streams tonight - tempo speeding up and slowing down at random.. Probably to do with poor signal.

Did Mick say trying to FK my imagination in Satisfaction?

Date: June 10, 2022 00:47

Justin
VoodooLounge13

2012 I believe.

Definitely 2012 - they opened one of the O2 shows with it. But not sure how long it had been then since they last played it.

Edit: according to timeisonourside, played 1963-65, 1995* (possibly), 2012

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-10 00:55 by Green Lady.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 10, 2022 00:52

Street fighting man
19th nervous breakdown
Get off of My cloud
Tumblin' dice
I Wanna be your man
Out of time
You can't always get what you want
Ghost town
Honky tonk women
---- intros
You got the silver
Connection
Miss you
Midnight rambler
Start me up
Paint it black
Sympathy for the devil
Jumping Jack flash
--- Band off stage
Gimme shelter
Satisfaction..................................Fin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-10 00:52 by EddieByword.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 10, 2022 00:53

Will be interested in hearing the reviews because going on what iv'e heard it was all over the place, you would think in the year 2022 with all this technology things would sound better than those recordings.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 10, 2022 00:55

Interesting to note - there's only three songs in the setlist that Ronnie was involved with for the studio versions....Ghost Town, Start Me Up, and Miss You....
It must almost feel like being in a tribute band for a majority of the show playing cover tunes, and in some cases covers of cover tunes with I Wanna Be Your Man....
Give credit where credits due as Ronnie's carrying quite a heavy load by covering for Keith along with the other things he has to keep up with such as coloring his setlists, etc.... go Ronnie go....thumbs up

Posted by: bjornkasm ()
Date: June 10, 2022 00:57

Not exactly. They opened with Get off of my cloud, followed by I wanna be your man, at least 29 Nov 2012.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 10, 2022 00:59

Hairball
Interesting to note - there's only three songs in the setlist that Ronnie was involved with for the studio versions....Ghost Town, Start Me Up, and Miss You....
It must almost feel like being in a tribute band for a majority of the show playing cover tunes, and in some cases covers of cover tunes with I Wanna Be Your Man....
Give credit where credits due as Ronnie's carrying quite a heavy load by covering for Keith along with the other things he has to keep up with such as coloring his setlists, etc.... go Ronnie go....thumbs up

He covered for Keith on Connection while Keith's guitar didn't work, what other occasion has he covered for Keith ?

Ronnie is the weak link so far this tour not Keith, well thats how i see it.

If he could cover for Keith why doesn't he play the two solos on Sympathy Keith ignored on what can only be religious grounds grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-10 01:06 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 10, 2022 01:00

Justin
VoodooLounge13

2012 I believe.

And Brooklyn!
Thought they played it at all (4?) 2012 anniversary shows.

Date: June 10, 2022 01:02

Strange that when Suasan was straeming close to the stage, the audience were discussing, screaming so it was hard hearing the Stones playing or introducing songs. When Jared was streaming far away from the stage it was no talking and the audience was probably listening.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 10, 2022 01:03

MisterDDDD
Justin
VoodooLounge13

2012 I believe.

And Brooklyn!
Thought they played it at all (4?) 2012 anniversary shows.

Stats on IWBYM:
[www.setlist.fm]
4th time played since 1965.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-10 01:04 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 10, 2022 01:06

bjornkasm
Not exactly. They opened with Get off of my cloud, followed by I wanna be your man, at least 29 Nov 2012.

On the first show in London they opened with I wanna Be Your Man

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 10, 2022 01:07

Hairball

Going back to the 1981 tour there was 12-13 songs in the setlist that Ronnie was involved with for the studio versions. The current setlist is very focused around the 1965-1972 era. Would love to hear more "recent" material.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-10 01:16 by yeababyyea.

Date: June 10, 2022 01:08

Stonesfan2146
bjornkasm

On the first show in London they opened with I wanna Be Your Man

They did. I was there.

Date: June 10, 2022 01:08

Yes, everything can be found on the IORR page, had to check since I was only on the second one. [iorr.org]

Posted by: Gram ()
Date: June 10, 2022 01:10

Ronnie covering for Keith is just what band mates do when technical issues cause problems, it’s part of the job. Keith does seem to have had more than his fair share of bad luck so far - ‘slip away pal’ and ‘shit happens’ and we’re only three shows in…though of course Mick had his monitor problem in Munich so there’s probably stuff happening all the time.. sometimes (if the spotlight’s on) we notice, sometimes we don’t… I think Keith is playing and sounding great on this tour, his set in Madrid was great

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 10, 2022 01:11

yeababyyea
Hairball

Going back to the 1981 tour there was 12-13 songs in the setlist that Ronnie was involved with for the studio versions. The current setlists as very focused around the 1965-1972 era. Would love to hear more "recent" material.

Yes they basically play Hot Rocks 1964–1971 every show

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: June 10, 2022 01:12

Just walking back to my hotel. I’m on a high because I have seen the Stones again!

Not vintage Stones but I can’t be too critical. Not every gig is the ultimate.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 10, 2022 01:15

keefriffhards
Hairball

He covered for Keith on Connection while Keith's guitar didn't work, what other occasion has he covered for Keith ?

Generally speaking, in recent years Ronnie has become the VIP of the Stones in the guitar department imo. He not only has to focus on his own playing, but he also covers for Keith in many ways - whether subtly or the more obvious as in tonight at the the beginning of Connection. Keith still has his moments of greatness no doubt, but unfortunately they're really few and far between whereas Ronnie has been consistently "on fire".
Long gone are the days where Ronnie would make goofy faces along with funny squeals and screeches emanating harshly from his guitar, and credit for the new and improved Ronnie is undoubtedly his sobriety.
Keith might be sober now, but arthritis and age has crept up with him, and at times he tends to lose focus for the task at hand...Love them both, and happy they continue to keep on rolling....thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-10 01:16 by Hairball.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: June 10, 2022 01:17

yeababyyea

Going back to the 1981 tour there was 12-13 songs in the setlist that Ronnie was involved with for the studio versions. The current setlist is very focused around the 1965-1972 era. Would love to hear more "recent" material.

youre in the minority!

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: June 10, 2022 01:18

Hairball
keefriffhards
Hairball

Generally speaking, in recent years Ronnie has become the VIP of the Stones in the guitar department imo. He not only has to focus on his own playing, but he also covers for Keith in many ways - whether subtly or the more obvious as in tonight at the the beginning of Connection. Keith still has his moments of greatness no doubt, but unfortunately they're really few and far between whereas Ronnie has been consistently "on fire".
Long gone are the days where Ronnie would make goofy faces along with funny squeals and screeches emanating harshly from his guitar, and credit for the new and improved Ronnie is undoubtedly his sobriety.
Keith might be sober now, but arthritis and age has crept up with him, and at times he tends to lose focus for the task at hand...Love them both, and happy they continue to keep on rolling....thumbs up

That’s as I see it. I love Keith but Ronnie has underpinned him for a while now.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 10, 2022 01:35

CaptainGlassback
The best setlist, by far, for many a decade. So annoyed that I caught COVID and could not use my PitB!! Great coverage and stream links here on IORR!

Feel better. I've got COVID, too & am in isolation. Miserable.

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: June 10, 2022 01:39

Let’s be fair to Keith…..You Got The Silver was flawless

But yes, Ronnie is such a trooper. It’s great to see him embraced like he is.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 10, 2022 01:44

I think that was a great show. I have seen them 45 times since 1995 and I would put that in my top 15, maybe my top 10.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 10, 2022 01:45

Any good close up "Out Of Time" and Echo And The Bunnymen videos

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home