Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Thru an Thru
Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: June 9, 2022 02:23

I have always loved this song espacily when done by Keith . Alas I've never heard him do it live. So my point is think of this song when ya vote ( cause I've no bloody idea how that works)

Ps.mowat & some Kat called keffee told me say this ,

It's all true ..?.

Re: Thru an Thru
Date: June 9, 2022 02:50

ment vote for the song at whatever gig ya at . But hyde park 2 is my pick. thru a thru

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 9, 2022 06:21

one of the modern classics, and definitely one of the best on VL!! It won't be a vote choice, though, as I don't believe a Keef song has ever been in the song vote list.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 9, 2022 06:54

Played quite often during the Licks tour, and would be nice to see Keith dig it out of the bunker, but chances are slim....................

Date: June 9, 2022 08:58

love the live version! we deliver toooooo

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 9, 2022 10:16

He does a perfect version of it here at MSG, he was really ON this night.[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 9, 2022 13:31

Love this Keith gem

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: June 9, 2022 14:22

When Charlie drops in, the song becomes bigger as big.

Date: June 9, 2022 16:18

I think that's part of what makes the song - that bombastic drum sound of Charlie's.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 9, 2022 18:30

One of my favourites indeed, and would love to see him include it in his set. I wonder if Keith bows to social pressure. Or gentle pleading.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 9, 2022 21:32

SomeTorontoGirl
One of my favourites indeed, and would love to see him include it in his set. I wonder if Keith bows to social pressure. Or gentle pleading.
We all know Keith marches to his own drums .

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 9, 2022 22:03

Yes, a great song.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 10, 2022 00:54

TheGreek
SomeTorontoGirl
We all know Keith marches to his own drums .

Well, let’s hope his drum is playing T&T… grinning smiley

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 10, 2022 03:18

First time I heard it live was at MSG and I was over the moon, worthy of it being my screen name ever since! grinning smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 10, 2022 03:20

It's one of those songs which doesn't have much melody, but Keith still manages to build up some tension together with Charlie. Not something you want to hear every concert but still a good song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-10 03:20 by yeababyyea.

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: June 10, 2022 03:54

One of my absolute favorites. I wish they would dig it out and surprise us. Absolutely love it in the Sopranos as well!

Date: June 11, 2022 04:03

Hey,it really dont matter because I saw it on the news and hey just waiting .........waiting on a call from you ...

Date: June 11, 2022 04:23

Hey,it really dont matter because I saw it on the news and hey just waiting .........waiting on a call from you ...

Apologies that should have made clear

Keith sing/play this bloody song mate for us in London , we both know it could be the last for all of us you incleded mate. We know you check us out on BVs site, so hey.. What ya got loose ,,

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: June 11, 2022 17:49

Loved seeing him do this one live. Don't think there's much chance of that happening again, though. Great song.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: June 12, 2022 04:42

A Keef gem…. Crank it up all the time !!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 12, 2022 05:07

I have always loved this song espacily when done by Keith . Alas I've never heard him do it live. So my point is think of this song when ya vote ( cause I've no bloody idea how that works)

It's all true ..?.

Why someone would tell you to say something and then ask if it's all true is borderline entertaining.

You can freely see The Rolling Stones perform this song on YouTube, which means you will have heard him do it live.

Not sure what you mean by "especially done by Keith" since no one else does it.

Here's a live one - with Charlie's indecision even.

Date: June 12, 2022 06:44

Killer version right there. I’ve not listened to Licked in NYC yet. Haven’t played four flicks in years.

Date: June 12, 2022 11:12

GasLightStreet

It's all true ..?.

Why someone would tell you to say something and then ask if it's all true is borderline entertaining.

You can freely see The Rolling Stones perform this song on YouTube, which means you will have heard him do it live.

Not sure what you mean by "especially done by Keith" since no one else does it.

Here's a live one - with Charlie's indecision even.

Wow,you are a doozy arnt you !

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: June 12, 2022 17:40

Horrible tune

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 12, 2022 17:51

It’s an interesting outtake that somehow made the album. Kind of like Mean Disposition

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 12, 2022 17:54

...perhaps....the last time KR took a risk on stage?...great performance......too bad they don't go for more under the radar tunes....

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 12, 2022 19:32

bobo
Horrible tune

Nah it's great : it's still based (like 99,99% of rock tracks) on very basic chord progression BUT Keith uses them in an almost abstract way.

I'd take it or any post-89 tracks over the power-chords based tuned penned by Jagger.
Over the years Keith has really eplored the art of songwriting. Problem is he probably comes up with one song per semester while Jagger can pen 4 or 5 songs in an afternoon (see the "how he wrote the B-sides for the VL album" anecdote).

In the end Keith wins : people wonder if he'll play T&T in 2022 while nobody asks if the band will play "Jump On Top Of Me" live. winking smiley
Translation : Keith's tunes survive the test of time while most of Mick's are more or less disposable.

Date: June 12, 2022 22:34

Oh man, Jump On Top Of Me is pure classic Stones. It should have made the album as well!!! The best of the BSides by far!!!

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 12, 2022 23:17

VoodooLounge13
Oh man, Jump On Top Of Me is pure classic Stones. It should have made the album as well!!! The best of the BSides by far!!!
I love Jump on Top of Me in the movie Prete-aPorter(Ready to Wear)

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 12, 2022 23:27

dcba
bobo
Horrible tune

Nah it's great : it's still based (like 99,99% of rock tracks) on very basic chord progression BUT Keith uses them in an almost abstract way.

I'd take it or any post-89 tracks over the power-chords based tuned penned by Jagger.
Over the years Keith has really eplored the art of songwriting. Problem is he probably comes up with one song per semester while Jagger can pen 4 or 5 songs in an afternoon (see the "how he wrote the B-sides for the VL album" anecdote).

In the end Keith wins : people wonder if he'll play T&T in 2022 while nobody asks if the band will play "Jump On Top Of Me" live. winking smiley
Translation : Keith's tunes survive the test of time while most of Mick's are more or less disposable.
Mick’s song like You Can’t Always Get What You Want, Brown Sugar, Sympathy for the Devil, Salt of the Earth ,Moonlight Mile, Shine a Light, Miss You, Out of Tears,Saint of Me, Out of Control,and many many others are disposable ?.Keith has written maybe 5great songs in the last 40 years

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-13 01:57 by Taylor1.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1856
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home