Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Darryl Jones documentary
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 13, 2022 01:05

Hairball
Wondering if there will ever be a documentary about Blondie Chaplin?

"Under the Stage"

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 14, 2022 00:52

Hairball
Wondering if there will ever be a documentary about Blondie Chaplin?

I can't imagine a full blow hour doc on Blondie, but a good fifteen minute one would do. His time in South Africa, the Beach Boys, the Stones. I imagine it would be much more interesting.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 17, 2022 07:18

So is the Darryl film still showing somewhere in the LA area then?

plexi

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: October 18, 2022 03:20

timbernardis

plexi

It's not playing in LA right now, but you can see it on Amazon Prime or Apple TV or other streaming services...

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 18, 2022 04:07

plexi

Date: October 22, 2022 06:30

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: October 23, 2022 01:03

Wow, this is a great interview. I love it when a musician is interviewed by High Times, they’ve always had high journalistic standards there, and they ask questions you wouldn’t find in any other publication.

Date: October 28, 2022 23:43

Darryl has a new single out today, called American Dream. Check it out!

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: October 30, 2022 10:49

Is this documentary out now in Europe? Can’t find it anywhere

Date: October 31, 2022 00:29

LorenzAgain

Unfortunately the film is not available in Europe yet. We are working on getting a European distributor... Will keep you posted...

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: October 31, 2022 12:03

roundnround
LorenzAgain

Unfortunately the film is not available in Europe yet. We are working on getting a European distributor... Will keep you posted...

Good luck, would really love to see it.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: October 31, 2022 13:26

For those on Spotify there's a great interview with Darryl - recorded just a few days ago, on the excellent Rockonteurs Podcast (with Guy Pratt and Gary Kemp)...

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6eMK4OOiDwdRIso9dHQhrc?si=172764a1e47d4e98

D Jones Podcast.
Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: November 1, 2022 10:30

[podcasts.apple.com]

The excellent Rockonteurs podcast with a special on Darryl.

Re: D Jones Podcast.
Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: November 1, 2022 12:51

Oops sorry already posted on doc thread. Apologies.

Date: December 2, 2022 03:40

Darryl Jones interview - Forbes

Here's a good article and interview with Darryl Jones about the documentary. Just wondering if anyone here has seen the film, or heard his new single American Dream. Would love to hear any comments. Thanks!

Posted by: MrBird65 ()
Date: December 6, 2022 18:29

In November I saw Darryl live in Leverkusen, Germany. He played in a band called Jazz/Takes Supergroup, including Bill Evans (sax), Niels Lan Doky (keys), Harvey Mason (drums). The performance was fimed and is available here (but maybe only in Germany..): [www1.wdr.de]
Darryl played great, he's definitely a great jazz musician. The whole band had so much fun, Darryl played fantastic soli. I think playing with the boys maybe sometimes kinda boring for him...

Date: December 6, 2022 21:11

MrBird65
In November I saw Darryl live in Leverkusen, Germany. He played in a band called Jazz/Takes Supergroup, including Bill Evans (sax), Niels Lan Doky (keys), Harvey Mason (drums). The performance was fimed and is available here (but maybe only in Germany..): [www1.wdr.de]
Darryl played great, he's definitely a great jazz musician. The whole band had so much fun, Darryl played fantastic soli. I think playing with the boys maybe sometimes kinda boring for him...

His playing with them is certainly boring for me. It wouldn't be if he knew how to play rock and roll.

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: December 7, 2022 15:39

Any updates on how to watch this documentary over here in Europe?
Amazon Prime nor AppleTV+ (or whatever it's called) don't have it on offer...

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 8, 2022 00:54

24FPS
MrBird65

His playing with them is certainly boring for me. It wouldn't be if he knew how to play rock and roll.

thumbs up

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: December 8, 2022 01:02

Watched it and thought it was ok. Right off it focuses on the Stones, then delves into his childhood, beginnings in music, etc. Could have stood a little more editing, but it already runs only 90 minutes.

He's definitely a consummate musician and a seemingly even keeled guy with a solid head on his shoulders.

Of course, the Stones have nothing but praise, and it does touch on the issue of replacing one of the founding pillars of the Stones' sound.

The stories about Miles Davis are also interesting. Not too much on Sting or Madonna, but it's definitely part of the story.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 8, 2022 07:55

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: December 8, 2022 08:17

Rockman
[www.tomovie.in]

Does anybody know how to get it?

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: December 8, 2022 13:23

Rockman
[www.tomovie.in]

Thank you Rockeee smileys with beer

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: December 8, 2022 22:53

Not really a "new " documentary

This is from 2016 ;

[www.indiegogo.com]

Date: December 9, 2022 00:26

To answer a couple of questions... We have been working on the film since 2014. It was just released in theaters by Greenwich Entertainment in October of this year. It is currently streaming on Amazon, Apple TV and other services in the US. We are working on getting distribution in Europe and elsewhere in the world but we don't have it yet. Will keep you posted...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 9, 2022 00:35

roundnround

It is currently streaming on Amazon, Apple TV and other services in the US.

[www.Amazon.com] , [TV.Apple.com] .

Date: December 13, 2022 14:43

I enjoyed it very much thumbs up

Darryl Jones -In the Blood
Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: April 2, 2024 21:54

I watched the documentary about Darryl Jones on Prime last night. Its a very well done look at Darryl's career. He got his start playing with a blues band then went on to play jazz. I get the impression from the interviews with Keith that they all deferred to Charlie who made the decision.Charlie was impressed with Darryl's jazz background and his taste in clothes. Darryl comes across as a very nice person.

Re: Darryl Jones -In the Blood
Date: April 3, 2024 00:29

I'd like to see him go back to jazz and resurrect his reputation. So far no one has mentioned anything special about his playing with the Stones. Maybe jazz noodling is better for him. He doesn't have the right feel for rock. Which is fine, but it has been an empty spot in their rhythm section for three decades. They might like to ease him out at this point, but maybe they figure why bother? Who really hears the bass in concert with any detail? Maybe it's just too much trouble to search for a good rock bassist at this stage in the game. Darryl shows up and plays something while they do their thing. Now he'll be playing a lot of new songs this summer on stage. Songs he had nothing to do with in the studio.

Darryl is not an emotional player, at least not for rock and blues. Bill could express sadness, sometimes humor in his playing. I'm not sure Darryl has ever expressed anything on a Stones song even approaching emotion. He had a couple good cuts on Voodoo Lounge, and then he just wandered off.

Re: Darryl Jones -In the Blood
Date: April 3, 2024 05:50

chris girard
I watched the documentary about Darryl Jones on Prime last night. Its a very well done look at Darryl's career. He got his start playing with a blues band then went on to play jazz. I get the impression from the interviews with Keith that they all deferred to Charlie who made the decision.Charlie was impressed with Darryl's jazz background and his taste in clothes. Darryl comes across as a very nice person.

Chris Girard, Thanks very much for your comments on our documentary. We put a lot of work into it and I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was very heart warming to see the genuine love, affection and respect that all of the Stones have for Darryl. I wish every Stones fan could meet him. He is a very kind, humble and wonderful person, as well as an awesome, world class musician.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1976
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home