Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Darryl Jones documentary "In The Blood"
Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: June 8, 2022 21:49

Darryl Jones documentary "In The Blood"

Darryl Jones documentary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-03 08:15 by bv.

Re: Darryl Jones documentary
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 8, 2022 22:26

The documentary sounds interesting. I will watch for it!

Date: June 9, 2022 03:51

Swimtothemoon, Thanks! I think you will enjoy it and maybe even learn some new things about Darryl and the Stones. We've interviewed Darryl, Mick, Keith, Ronnie, Charlie, Bernard, Lisa, Chuck, Steve Jordan, Don Was and many others... The film will be in theaters on Oct. 7.

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: June 9, 2022 05:57

Sounds great!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 9, 2022 06:50

Congrats roundnround!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 10, 2022 01:53

I hope it covers Darryl's inability to switch from successful jazz bassist to a credible rock bassist. At least not with the Stones.

Date: June 10, 2022 04:51

The film shows that The Rolling Stones disagree with you

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 10, 2022 05:04

I thought he was OK as Sting's bass player in the mid-'80's, but unfortunately Sting's jazzy/pop music is mostly weak.

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: June 10, 2022 19:27

roundnround
Swimtothemoon, Thanks! I think you will enjoy it and maybe even learn some new things about Darryl and the Stones. We've interviewed Darryl, Mick, Keith, Ronnie, Charlie, Bernard, Lisa, Chuck, Steve Jordan, Don Was and many others... The film will be in theaters on Oct. 7.

Thanks for the news…definitely one to watch.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 10, 2022 20:09

Really looking forward to this, thank you for the heads up.

Date: June 11, 2022 22:00

roundnround
The film shows that The Rolling Stones disagree with you
\

What else are they going to do? Admit they made a big mistake, and now they're too lazy to change it? At this stage of the game they are on cruise control.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 23, 2022 18:30

Screenings in Toronto next month: [hotdocs.ca]

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 23, 2022 22:33

"Sometimes I wish I could play the bass like Darrr-yll!!"

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 23, 2022 23:12

24FPS
I hope it covers Darryl's inability to switch from successful jazz bassist to a credible rock bassist. At least not with the Stones.

I’m all my years of observing and contributing on our great forum, you’re the only person who knocks Daryl. I ‘get’ that he’s not Bill Wyman, but he really isn’t that bad, you know? He’s been hired fir every tour since Voodoo Lounge, so someone must like him!

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 23, 2022 23:20

24FPS

So you know better and more than Charlie, Keith and Mick.

Date: September 24, 2022 09:27

The film will open on Friday Oct. 7 in Los Angeles and Chicago. It will be at the Laemmle Monica theater in Santa Monica, and at the Showplace Icon theater in Chicago. It will also be available on Amazon and Apple TV. Enjoy!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 24, 2022 10:22

Wonder if Bill appears in it .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 24, 2022 11:54

I am a little tired of documentaries. We had all the good ones. "Tip of the Tongue" had everyone say a few things and I felt like I got to know Darryl well enough when he quoted Keith "I wrote it but do I know it?" I suppose an interview would be better than a documentary, same as with Chuck or the backing singers.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 24, 2022 12:59

Nikkei
I am a little tired of documentaries. We had all the good ones. "Tip of the Tongue" had everyone say a few things and I felt like I got to know Darryl well enough when he quoted Keith "I wrote it but do I know it?" I suppose an interview would be better than a documentary, same as with Chuck or the backing singers.

Same, I always feel like no documentary can be 100% authentic. It's always about the way the maker of the documentary chooses to tell the story, which people he lets speak for how long, etc. And also the people who speak sometimes just tell stories and myths which adds up to a picture of an artist that isn't real.

That's also what Mick told at the beginning of his "my life as a rollong stones" documentary, but to be honest this documentary was not different.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-24 12:59 by StonedRambler.

Date: September 25, 2022 00:02

Cooltoplady
24FPS

Yes. I'm the one who has to listen to it, and it's subpar at best. He started out okay, but then went off in some nebulous direction that has nothing to do with the song. No tension, no emotion.

Date: September 25, 2022 00:06

Big Al
24FPS

I’m all my years of observing and contributing on our great forum, you’re the only person who knocks Daryl. I ‘get’ that he’s not Bill Wyman, but he really isn’t that bad, you know? He’s been hired fir every tour since Voodoo Lounge, so someone must like him!

They're lazy. He shows up, and that's one less thing they have to worry about at this point. He's not bad? That's a ringing endorsement for the bass player in a monumental group like the Stones. After Voodoo Lounge, give me a new song he made a strong, memorable contribution to. I can name dozens that Bill did. And I'm not the only person who hears it. Other people have noted the same thing.

Date: September 25, 2022 13:07

24FPS
Big Al
24FPS

They're lazy. He shows up, and that's one less thing they have to worry about at this point. He's not bad? That's a ringing endorsement for the bass player in a monumental group like the Stones. After Voodoo Lounge, give me a new song he made a strong, memorable contribution to. I can name dozens that Bill did. And I'm not the only person who hears it. Other people have noted the same thing.

Then count me in w/ 24FPS. DJ is absolutely a competent bassist. But he is completely misplaced as a Rolling Stone.
IMO.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 25, 2022 17:16

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-26 06:03 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 25, 2022 18:18

24FPS
Cooltoplady
24FPS

Yes. I'm the one who has to listen to it, and it's subpar at best. He started out okay, but then went off in some nebulous direction that has nothing to do with the song. No tension, no emotion.

Lol you know better than the guys. There’s something wrong with you. You’re like a chicken farmer complaining about the price of Hockey Tickets.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 26, 2022 06:02

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-26 06:02 by treaclefingers.

Date: September 26, 2022 07:08

Cooltoplady
24FPS
Cooltoplady
24FPS

Lol you know better than the guys. There’s something wrong with you. You’re like a chicken farmer complaining about the price of Hockey Tickets.

Nothing wrong with me. My ears still work. Do yours? Tell me what great bass accomplishments Mr. Jones has brought to the Stones? Give me a great example of his work.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 26, 2022 13:37

24FPS

Tell me what great bass accomplishments Mr. Jones has brought to the Stones? Give me a great example of his work.

What does "great bass accomplishments" mean for you? And how do you define a "rock bassist"? How does "tension" describe a good bass player? I can't think of a more distant adjective to describe Bill's playing!

No emotion in Darryl's playing? If there is no emotion in his bass playing with the Stones, that means that the past quarter of the century that I spent playing a bass taught me nothing ...

C

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 26, 2022 15:17

Doug Wimbish would have been the better choice to replace Wyman.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 26, 2022 17:41

24FPS
Cooltoplady
24FPS

I think I heard it all now. I guess you're the one that thinks Blondie is under the stage. Very strange.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 26, 2022 18:11

Taylor1
Doug Wimbish would have been the better choice to replace Wyman.

thumbs up

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1063
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home