Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"UNDER THEIR THUMB" by Bill German
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 8, 2022 01:02

Received an advance copy today of Bill's new book and it is STUNNING. New stories, new photos; impossible to put down - even if you have the first edition, this version is essential.

For me, Under Their thumb, along with Nakering with the Rolling Stones (Phelpge) and The True Adventures of the Rolling Stones (Booth) are the three definitive first-person narratives about the band.

Re: "UNDER THEIR THUMB" by Bill German
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 8, 2022 02:42

Loved Bill's book and was a subscriber back in the day. Look forward to getting this.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 8, 2022 11:34

Hey thats cool
How we get our mitts on it ??????????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: z ()
Date: June 8, 2022 11:58

[www.amazon.com]

Make sure you order the paperback edition (out on June 15th 2022); the hardcover edition is the old book.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 8, 2022 12:00

Amazon has it available for pre-order. Release date June 15.

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 8, 2022 13:44

So what is different in the paperback edition ?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 8, 2022 13:45

40 new pages of text and unseen photos is what was on the Amazon description

Posted by: willnash ()
Date: June 16, 2022 23:10

From my personal perspective as an occasional Publisher (and long time editor of various Stones & other related titles) Bill German's 2009 memoir "Under Their Thumb" remains unarguably one of the most significant books ever written about the Rolling Stones and sits alongside Greenfield's STP & Booth's True Adventures of the Rolling Stones in a very short list of truly great rock n'roll stories. What lifted his book above the other two was the authors amazing backstory. In a year of celebration it is therefore more than welcome that a revised anniversary edition has just been published. In a very moving afterword we get to learn what happened next. Quite simply - if you were lucky enough to own the original book there is enough additional material to more than justify a new purchase of this up-dated edition and for those who missed it first time.....get ordering - For many of us Bill German is the very best friend any Rolling Stones fan could wish for and this book is simply essential.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-16 23:11 by willnash.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: September 13, 2022 09:51

I wish I could buy only those extra twenty pages... Love BG's book. It's a book you cannot put down.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: September 13, 2022 10:47

...Jimmy Phelge’s book is ,by far, the best concerning the Stones’s very first years......!

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: September 13, 2022 15:31

This is a superb read!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 14, 2022 07:29

willnash
From my personal perspective as an occasional Publisher (and long time editor of various Stones & other related titles) Bill German's 2009 memoir "Under Their Thumb" remains unarguably one of the most significant books ever written about the Rolling Stones and sits alongside Greenfield's STP & Booth's True Adventures of the Rolling Stones in a very short list of truly great rock n'roll stories. What lifted his book above the other two was the authors amazing backstory. In a year of celebration it is therefore more than welcome that a revised anniversary edition has just been published. In a very moving afterword we get to learn what happened next. Quite simply - if you were lucky enough to own the original book there is enough additional material to more than justify a new purchase of this up-dated edition and for those who missed it first time.....get ordering - For many of us Bill German is the very best friend any Rolling Stones fan could wish for and this book is simply essential.

Out of all of the Stones books I've read Chet Flippo's IT'S ONLY ROCK'N'ROLL always comes up as my favorite.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 14, 2022 09:13

GasLightStreet
willnash

Out of all of the Stones books I've read Chet Flippo's IT'S ONLY ROCK'N'ROLL always comes up as my favorite.

short but sweet

i agree

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 7, 2022 20:04

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1940
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home