Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Fireworks
Posted by: KeefRichards88 ()
Date: June 6, 2022 03:16

I noticed their were no fireworks in Madrid and look like there are none in Munich either so I would assume they are not doing them on this tour which surprised me seeing it is their 60th.

Did they have confetti for Munich? Or were confetti cannons only in Madrid for Ronnie's Birthday?

Also They might have pyro or confetti for Hyde Park. Just because they did it the last time I assume they might do it to make their home town shows extra special.

Re: Fireworks
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 6, 2022 03:57

Cutting costs smiling smiley

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 6, 2022 05:15

They thought the Japanese would do “the bigger bang” on their behalf this timegrinning smiley

[www.universal-music.co.jp]

[stones-hanabi.com]

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: June 6, 2022 08:38

Confetti is something you use for the birthdays. Isn't that clear?
And foreworks were widely croticized so they stopped doing that.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 6, 2022 08:52

I can do without the fireworks,think it's good they stopped it.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 6, 2022 12:51

Well. After Corona people think different and fireworks are a little out of date - looking at the climate and the pollution. And Outro would be nice though.

Posted by: Stilllife09 ()
Date: June 6, 2022 12:56

I missed them yesterday.
Confettis were standard over bigger bang and licks on the last song but not since then I think.

Again for the price you could expect a full show package.

Great band - check
Great sound - check
Great stage - not checked
Great show additions (fireworks, confettis, b stage set, flames on SFTD, inflatables, or any surprise effect in the show etc) - not checked

So the right price for a pit ticket would be 200 eur rather than 500+ smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-06 12:57 by Stilllife09.

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: June 6, 2022 13:11

Flames on SFTD or at the beginning of Start Me Up used to be standard. I guess the climate change impact is too much. I agree the prices should reflect the change. But since this is really a "Grandkids trust fund tour" we should shut up and pay. Lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-06 13:15 by ron091.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 6, 2022 15:04

Wait so there's no fireworks ending, or flames on SFTD this tour?!?!? Annnnnnnnd that crappy stage!?!?!? Damn!!! Very happy I saw them last year in Nashville!!! I would be absolutely disappointed to have travelled all that way, paid all that money and not gotten some of these 'standard' show items.They had set the bar for what a truly extraordinary rock concert should be, but now it seems like it's really just a cash-in event.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 7, 2022 04:16

VoodooLounge13
Wait so there's no fireworks ending, or flames on SFTD this tour?!?!? Annnnnnnnd that crappy stage!?!?!? Damn!!! Very happy I saw them last year in Nashville!!! I would be absolutely disappointed to have travelled all that way, paid all that money and not gotten some of these 'standard' show items.They had set the bar for what a truly extraordinary rock concert should be, but now it seems like it's really just a cash-in event.

I hope you’re not serious. And if you are. How did you sneak in your cotton candy?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-07 04:32 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 7, 2022 05:43

VoodooLounge13

If no fireworks or fire is what even slightly ruins your concert experience I have A LOT OF LAND in SE Louisiana to sell you - I only accept cash - no fake money ie crypto.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 7, 2022 08:46

Stilllife09

So the right price for a pit ticket would be 200 eur rather than 500+ smiling smiley

I'd argue the right price is the highest price people are willing to pay.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 7, 2022 09:26

They used the fireworks to keep the crowd in their seats so they could speed off in the limos without getting stuck in traffic.
Maybe now they figure we’re too old to get to our cars before them anyway so it’s not necessary.

Posted by: ThinAir ()
Date: June 7, 2022 11:03

i miss the inflatables much more than the fireworks!

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: June 7, 2022 12:38

schwonek
Well. After Corona people think different and fireworks are a little out of date - looking at the climate and the pollution. And Outro would be nice though.

I think only one show of Rammstein contains more fireworks than all Stones tours together :-)

sjouke

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: June 7, 2022 12:53

Come on...what do you mean by 'after Corona'? Have you drink too many bottles of Corona Mexican Beer? smileys with beer
Fake pandemic has nothing to do with fireworks issue. Why don't you ask the management of the bank why they stopped using fireworks instead of speculating and bringing out useless topic?
Are you going to see the Stones or fireworks anyways?

Date: June 7, 2022 15:51

There are fireworks in the US for the 4th of July if you want to see fireworks.

Most of us go to see the band. Anything extra like flames, fireworks, confetti, etc just enhance the band and are not a requirement.

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: June 7, 2022 16:09

thats why i dont care about the stripped down stage,only thing is the screens should be good visible for all in the stadium

Date: June 7, 2022 17:01

bauk77
thats why i dont care about the stripped down stage,only thing is the screens should be good visible for all in the stadium

Unfortunately they aren’t.

Go to the “SIXTY tour new stage” thread [on p.12, current last page]:

[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-07 18:04 by RisingStone.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: June 7, 2022 18:14

hope they play brown sugar

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 7, 2022 18:22

MononoM
hope they play brown sugar

Charlie does!

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 7, 2022 19:16

VoodooLounge13

I bet you get mad when the elephants at the circus don't stand on their hind legs.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 7, 2022 21:35

If I want fireworks I go to Disneyland or a baseball game. Actually prefer no fireworks at the end of a Stones show. Really thought it was stupid indoors in Vegas.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 7, 2022 21:56

georgemcdonnell314

Most of us go to see the band. Anything extra like flames, fireworks, confetti, etc just enhance the band and are not a requirement.

True not a requirement, but I've always enjoyed the fireworks in giant stadium shows in the past.
It's all part of the spectacle and sensory overload, and gives it all a celebratory vibe and atmosphere as fireworks tend to do.
Especially as a grand finale of a show...it adds an explosive exclamation point...big, loud, and colorful...and then it's all over...

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 8, 2022 00:29

Hairball
georgemcdonnell314

True not a requirement, but I've always enjoyed the fireworks in giant stadium shows in the past.
It's all part of the spectacle and sensory overload, and gives it all a celebratory vibe and atmosphere as fireworks tend to do.
Especially as a grand finale of a show...it adds an explosive exclamation point...big, loud, and colorful...and then it's all over...

And this is my point exactly. I get the "It's all about the music," but from the very first time that I saw them live in Foxboro, I've been in the smaller crowd of preferring the giant stadium shows. The ginormous stage designs, the pyrotechnics, the elaborate fireworks finale that - yes, once upon a time were used to allow them to whisk away, but not any longer. They were still on the stage in Nashville during the show, and I must say it was the longest fireworks display I'd ever remembered at a Stones show. As I said earlier, the Stones set the precedent for what a Rock concert should be long, long ago. All of those things bring to the event an amazing eye-popping experience that leaves one completely blown away. It always left me coming back for more. And as one who has hung up going to see them anymore now, I would have been very disappointed if my 13th and final time - with my 2 teenage sons in tow for their first experience of the World's Greatest RnR Band - did not include all of those sensory spectacles. To this day, they still talk about what an amazing show it was. And indeed, it IS - or was - THE greatest show on earth, barnone!!! First we lose Charlie, then BS, now flames and fireworks. What's next? I honestly haven't thought they've had a good stage since ABB, but that's me. That thing was the most massive thing I'd ever seen!!! From an indoor standpoint, my favorite was No Security hands down. We all have different 'wants' from a Stones show, and those are some of my 'needs.' Glad they have added OOT at least!!!

Date: June 17, 2022 18:41

Keio Railway Line will release a special edition of tickets commemorating The Rolling Stones 60th Anniversary The Greatest Fireworks, to be held at Tokyo Racecourse, 6 July (now on the Eve of the rescheduled AMS show). A set of five tickets tucked in a cover graced with photos by Mikio Ariga.

[marche.kipputotetsukomono.com]

The company is running the trains displaying the event headmark (the tongue and the fireworks) on all of their lines between 16 June and 6 July.

[www.udiscovermusic.jp]

Alan AKA Deltics would have loved this…

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 17, 2022 19:07

If you want Fireworks come to Prague they have them on a weekly basis!!!!! Don't know why except for Holidays.....But yes all the time here!!!!!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 17, 2022 19:41

In the past, the band was escaping the venue whilst the fireworks were going off. Beat the traffic, haha.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 17, 2022 20:05

RisingStone

Keio Railway Line will release a special edition of tickets commemorating The Rolling Stones 60th Anniversary The Greatest Fireworks, to be held at Tokyo Racecourse, 6 July.

Also here - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] :

Large picture , Large picture , Large picture , Large picture , Large picture

The Tokyo Firework itself on 6-Jul-2002 :

[www.YouTube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-07 14:30 by Irix.

Date: June 17, 2022 20:16

Thank you, Irix.

By the way, these are train tickets, not the ticket for the fireworks event. Just in case.

The fourth image (bottom right) is the headmark for the trains.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-17 20:21 by RisingStone.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home