Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516
Current Page: 16 of 16
Re: Munich Germany 05-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 9, 2022 16:10

eismann

SFM Munich Does it work?

Better link to your video:

[www.YouTube.com]

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: June 9, 2022 17:16

cloud65: It was my impression too that the stadium nearly exploded during JJF. One of Ramblers best versions. Happy you-tube comments saying it was the best concert of their life.

I was there. It was my 26th Stones show since 1982 and I have to say, that it was of the best, I've seen.
They were in such a great mood. After the real bad weather until one hour before showstart, after two years of lockdown, it couldn't get better like it did.
The setlist was great, Keith played very well, they had lots of interaction, Mick was very active, he sung great and they all had lots of fun, which they shared with the audience.
Rambler snd JJF were at absolutly high level!
It was Stones heaven!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-09 17:19 by micha063.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 9, 2022 17:45

Concerning "the stadium nearly exploded during JJF".

I had that feeling too but mainly because of the volume. Might be I not remember it right and of course it was two years of not going to a stadium show but I think this must have been my loudest Stones show ever. At least on the stands the volume of the guitars in the second set was brutal. I had folks in my row who covered their ears with their hands.

You can hear how loud it was in the stands in this video: [www.youtube.com]

Honestly, I kinda have the feeling they try to compensate the fading abilities in the guitar section with more volume. When the guitars are this loud you can barely hear what is being played, it all just sounds like white-noise. Most of the solos, even those from Ronnie, were actually really weak and people would notice that more if the sounds was quieter. This way it's hard to evaluate anything. Also it let's everything seem more energetic when at a quieter volume you would hear that they lost a bit of the energy they used to have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-09 17:46 by StonedRambler.

Date: June 9, 2022 17:47

The riffing on Sympathy was LOUD!

Date: June 9, 2022 18:24

Can't wait for 25th June, but from the vids I've seen, I love Ronnie's jet-engine solos, blasting and distorted - it's hard to believe peeps are complaining about the volume! I recall Twickenham 2018 - Charlie's last UK date - was one of the loudest gigs I'd been at, but I'm sure it would still lag behind Motorhead ...

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 9, 2022 19:15

StonedRambler

I had that feeling too but mainly because of the volume. Might be I not remember it right and of course it was two years of not going to a stadium show but I think this must have been my loudest Stones show ever. At least on the stands the volume of the guitars in the second set was brutal. I had folks in my row who covered their ears with their hands.

Honestly, I kinda have the feeling they try to compensate the fading abilities in the guitar section with more volume. When the guitars are this loud you can barely hear what is being played, it all just sounds like white-noise. Most of the solos, even those from Ronnie, were actually really weak and people would notice that more if the sounds was quieter. This way it's hard to evaluate anything. Also it let's everything seem more energetic when at a quieter volume you would hear that they lost a bit of the energy they used to have.

Yeah watched JJF again at 139.30 minutes into it, Keith's guitar volume and enthusiasm playing it is creating the energy here and it does give the illusion Micks performing at 100% or as good as he was in 2017 but if you look closer you realize Mick's just waving and clapping, go back a few years and play the same songs and you notice Mick has slowed down a lot, the great moves with all that energy and power from his performance isn't there, it's lost it's potency as you would expect with age..

I think Mick will switch to playing Arena's for the next tour where he can save energy by having a much smaller stage to cover which could enable him to ''Move Like Jagger'' again. At the moment he's just walking around conducting, it doesn't cut the mustard, it's not forceful enough to generate the energy from the crowd in a real way, getting people to clap and wave isn't the same thing, it's not the same excitement, but kudos to Keith for stepping up to the mark.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 9, 2022 20:56

keefriffhards
StonedRambler

Yeah watched JJF again at 139.30 minutes into it, Keith's guitar volume and enthusiasm playing it is creating the energy here and it does give the illusion Micks performing at 100% or as good as he was in 2017 but if you look closer you realize Mick's just waving and clapping, go back a few years and play the same songs and you notice Mick has slowed down a lot, the great moves with all that energy and power from his performance isn't there, it's lost it's potency as you would expect with age..

I think Mick will switch to playing Arena's for the next tour where he can save energy by having a much smaller stage to cover which could enable him to ''Move Like Jagger'' again. At the moment he's just walking around conducting, it doesn't cut the mustard, it's not forceful enough to generate the energy from the crowd in a real way, getting people to clap and wave isn't the same thing, it's not the same excitement, but kudos to Keith for stepping up to the mark.

Sure it's feels good on a video.

With loudness it's a bit like being drunk. Up to a certain point it feels better and better getting louder, just like it feels better and better getting more drunk. But at a certain point you'll have a loudness / drunk level that just doesn't feel good anymore. For me and a lot of people in my row in Munich that level was reached.

At least we seem to agree that the loudness creates an energy level that actually isn't there and I fear that's the point of it. I just think more that the guitars are the week link here.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 9, 2022 21:14

Agreed StonedRambler, i saw Keith with the Winos once and it was deafening, how Keith can still hear is beyond me grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-09 21:33 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 10, 2022 16:20

Munich T-Shirt & Poster also available at: [www.Bravado.de] , [www.Bravado.de] .

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 10, 2022 16:22

The poster looks better alone than the T-shirt. The design does look good, but I think I'll hold out for more shows before deciding which one to get.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516
Current Page: 16 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1898
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home