Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16
Re: Munich Germany 05-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 6, 2022 14:32

yeababyyea
Nice version of Jumping Jack Flash, a bit slower than last year which gives it a better groove.

thumbs up

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: June 6, 2022 15:05

after listening to out of time from munich, I do hope that Micks voice keeps it together so they can continue performing it.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: June 6, 2022 15:23

Mick singing was amazing. I was stucked by Keith also. The band sounds so much better than No filter era
In my top 5 stadium shows i'v seen so far

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: June 6, 2022 15:43

DiegoGlimmerStones
The boys in action!

[www.instagram.com]

Thanks for posting my pics individually. I was too lazy for that. winking smiley

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 6, 2022 16:12

Opening and Street Fighting Man (from the stand)

[youtu.be]

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 6, 2022 16:30

It is done, after two concerts this tour is better than the previous one. For this to happen consistently tour after tour, the Stones must have be ilen pretty bad on stage in the past. smoking smiley

Can't wait for the (better)next tour !

AntoineParis
Mick singing was amazing. I was stucked by Keith also. The band sounds so much better than No filter era
In my top 5 stadium shows i'v seen so far

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 6, 2022 16:33

Rocks Off from the stand

[youtu.be]

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 6, 2022 16:48

Christiaan
Rocks Off from the stand

[youtu.be]

That's a funny intro!

19th Nervous Rocks Off

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: June 6, 2022 16:59

Rocks Off. It`s an Exile song. That song has an undeniable 70s vibe. A bit bland, imo, like he`s just reading the phone book.

Date: June 6, 2022 17:06

I thought they were playing all down the line. I was very confused

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 6, 2022 17:24

Christiaan
Rocks Off from the stand

[youtu.be]

Is i said and suspected last night Matts recording was very unforgiving, after watching this YouTube clip i see Mick singing ahead of the band once, Keith messed up once and Ronnie messed up once but the overall feel of Rocks off to the audience was a blast.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 6, 2022 17:43

keefriffhards
Christiaan
Rocks Off from the stand

[youtu.be]

Is i said and suspected last night Matts recording was very unforgiving, after watching this YouTube clip i see Mick singing ahead of the band once, Keith messed up once and Ronnie messed up once but the overall feel of Rocks off to the audience was a blast.

let's call it a wild alternate one-off jam loosely based on 'Rocks Off'

Date: June 6, 2022 17:44

So a short review.

Leonardo Royal was the place to be. Packed with Stones fans. Met with Topi and Otto for beers and lunch. Lovely to meet you guys! Really cool! When the rain was at worst Topi and I decided to pick up the dips. Like true warriors we battled through the rain and got to the LD counter which was closed.

Only at 18.15 they opened and the line was in the middle of the waiting area for people waiting for normal entrance and for people wanting to buy tickets at the cashier. There was only one window with Lucky Dips and it was so slow. The line did not move at all. Nobody I talked to could help. Nobody of the organisation took his responability to try and escalate this problem as it was very clear people would miss the show start. I got my tickets 10 minutes before showtime, after waiting 3,5 hours in line. I am really dissapointed in the organisation. There where a lot of angry people there and pretty sure some of them missed the show. Unacceptable and it certainly ruined the pre show vibe. Also later on in the stadium nobody knew what wristbands meant what. Just total chaos everywhere. It's not that difficult, especially if you are a professional organisation who earn a lot of money.

So after that into the stadium.. And what a beauty this stadium is. Just very impressive. Not practical though. I was in the silver pit and to go to the toilets you needed to go all the way through GA, to the back, take all the stairs and then go round the stadium halfway to find toilets. I missed 3 songs in my toilet break.

So the show:

SFM: Great opener, Keith looked so cool and the band played great! Very emotional to see them back on the stage without Charlie.
19th: Very good song and the beginning of an obsessed Jagger.
Rocks Off: Very underrehearsed. Still very nice to hear it, love this song
TD: Ok
OOT: WOW... Yes! So cool! Keep it. It's a live classic
Ruby: Nice song, ok performance
YCAGWYW: Ok version, Ronnie not that good (not his best show)
Ghost Town: Ok song and version.
HTW, Connection, SA: Toilet break. Hate that i missed 3 songs. Only intented to miss HTW and Band intro's. But faster was not possible and I really need to go since I had not time to go before since the LD fiasco.
Miss You: Always ok live.
MR: Weird one. Trainwreck in the first half. But one of the best versions ever in the second half. Will remember this one for a long time.
SMU: This song just doesn't work with Steve. Did not like it one bit
PIB: This song works very good with Steve. Great version!
Sympathy: Good version. Keith very loud.
JJF: One of the best versions since 50th. Loved it. Very very very good from Keith.
GS: Missed something today. Sasha and Mick were fantastic though
Satisfaction: Ok

So overall a good show but not a great one. However this is the second show of the tour and you can feel that in a few shows they will be 100% on fire. Keith his riffing was fantastic tonight. His soloing not so. Ronnie had an off night for my feeling. It was Mick carrying the show. This man is unbelievable. Is he from this planet? Bit worried about him using up his voice too much though. But this was peak Jagger as we love to see.

Sound was loud and clear, but was missing something mostly for Jagger. Not sure what it is.

The stage just sucks. Sorry, can't make anything other out of this. They cheaped out on the stage and overal production. This is not what the fans deserve tbh. I think when you're in the Pit or close the stage is 'ok' but further back it just lacks everything the Stones are known for. Bad decision making there.

This review may seem more negative than intented. Please don't open a topic about me smiling smiley

I loved yesterday and will remember it for all my life. It's incredible to do a show which on my list would be somewhere in middle if ranked for my shows regarding their age and the fact this is only the 2nd show. They 2nd shows in earliers years were not as good as this one for sure. And I am pretty sure they will get better and better every show.

One last thing: German organisation; shame on you! Very worried about a few other show's I'll be going like Brussel (Belgium organisation...) and Paris (we have seen the Champions League final organisation)..

See you in Amsterdam!

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: June 6, 2022 17:54

What I love is that even though Rocks Off is a bit under-rehearsed it sounds very fun and youthful!

Date: June 6, 2022 17:55

PaintMonkeyManBlack
So after that into the stadium.. And what a beauty this stadium is. Just very impressive. Not practical though. I was in the silver pit and to go to the toilets you needed to go all the way through GA, to the back, take all the stairs and then go round the stadium halfway to find toilets. I missed 3 songs in my toilet break.

Oh, well. It's too late now, but maybe for future reference, when you go up the great stairs, just go further ahead towards the exit, there are stairs down to further toilets. It's a bit hidden. But yeah, it's hard to understand why they can't just put a couple of transportable toilets into the arena, just like they do at other stadiums.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 6, 2022 17:57

"Mangy seniors" ahh, the Stones written about as in days of old! Would you let YOUR sister go with one?

Date: June 6, 2022 18:06

PatrickS77
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Oh, well. It's too late now, but maybe for future reference, when you go up the great stairs, just go further ahead towards the exit, there are stairs down to further toilets. It's a bit hidden. But yeah, it's hard to understand why they can't just put a couple of transportable toilets into the arena, just like they do at other stadiums.
Ahhh !

Still would be a very time consuming walk from silver pit, but maybe 2 songs instead of 3. However I understand this is just an old stadium so they can't change everything. Loved the stadium.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 6, 2022 18:11

daspyknows
keefriffhards
All Matts youtube vids sound flat to me like something is missing, don't blame the Stones for poor recording sound.

Having said that thank you Matt for the good quality visuals.thumbs up

blame the phone for the poor recording sound. will be interesting to see how many shows get recording with proper gear.

Yeah his videos are good, not in the least because of his location, but the sound is a tad muffled with the guitars often drowned out. Not sure what phone he's using but the old Nokia Windows Phones dealt better with high level audio with their HAAC microphones.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 6, 2022 18:15

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Ahhh !

Still would be a very time consuming walk from silver pit, but maybe 2 songs instead of 3. However I understand this is just an old stadium so they can't change everything. Loved the stadium.

Yeah. Especially when it's packed. That's why I try to avoid drinking and having to go to the toilet at a concert. ;-) I guess at this point they are also a bit costsaving stubborn. They easily put Dixies in. They did that at the Madrid show for example. I mean, they even them here for the workers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-06 18:17 by PatrickS77.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 6, 2022 18:47

well, that new stage design. In some way it seems to be an attempt to frustrate the people with seats in the back of the stadium. Just think about the light show for Sympathy during the No Filter tour and compare it to noways. Seems like hell is now frozen

Munich Germany 05-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 6, 2022 19:37

Clip from Reuters:

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 6, 2022 19:44

I love how Keith managed to salvage his Connection solo with that little flourish of notes to end it. He should try and incorporate it more. He’s evidentially still capable of firing-off fills like this.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 6, 2022 19:46

gotdablouse
Justin
Cristiano Radtke
Rocks Off and 19th Nervous Breakdown (many thanks to Matt!):

19th: [youtu.be]

Rocks Off: [m.youtube.com]

Looks like some teleprompter trouble for Mick! He's pretty upset!

Haha, yes, I've never seen him so furious on stage...it's not like he didn't know the lyrics either...maybe he was worried about stuff in German coming up after that ?

Exactly. Mick gestured three times to his backline people about the monitor not working, then rolled hs eyes at the very end of the song. Looked like he almost got a nervous breakdown himself. winking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 6, 2022 20:02

So he did have some words in German lined up after that ? Videos showed he said some before PIB but that was later on in the show.

Taylor1
This tour strikes me as dull compared to the excitement of the 50 and Counting Tour.No special guests, Taylor ,Wyman,school choirs on You Can’t Always Get What You Want,and no new songs.Nothing new. And Ronnie is not smiling much ,although Keith seems to be playing better

Yeah, it's just "business" as usual...but like someone reminded us the other day Mick had warned us about this. But as you point out Keith seems to be in fine fettle and doesn't look like he's hanging on by the skin of his teeth as he was at the first 50th shows !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-06 20:03 by gotdablouse.

Date: June 6, 2022 20:05

gotdablouse
So he did have some words in German lined up after that ? Videos showed he said some before PIB but that was later on in the show.

Taylor1
This tour strikes me as dull compared to the excitement of the 50 and Counting Tour.No special guests, Taylor ,Wyman,school choirs on You Can’t Always Get What You Want,and no new songs.Nothing new. And Ronnie is not smiling much ,although Keith seems to be playing better

Yeah, it's just "business" as usual...but like someone reminded us the other day Mick had warned us about this. But as you point out Keith seems to be in fine fettle and doesn't look like he's hanging on by the skin of his teeth as he was at the first 50th shows !

Mick talked a lot German. Maybe 3 or 4 times.

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: June 6, 2022 20:52

Yesterday's JJF was the best live version I've ever heard! I'm still excited!

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 6, 2022 21:18

Yes, Rocks off...it´s not like Mick is down on the floor screamin´...just talking his way through the song...thinking about soccer and Nations League...or something. England-Germany tomorrow! cool smiley

Date: June 6, 2022 21:22

PatrickS77
Thanks for posting my pics individually. I was too lazy for that. winking smiley

You're welcome Patrick. Thank you for sharing, your pictures are amazing!! thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: June 6, 2022 21:22

Mick’s got the moves like Jagger, singing great and coming through loud and clear with the best sound quality. Guitars loud and striking. Rocks Off an awesome mess. Great set list. Lots of life in those old songs. Just what a Rolling Stone’s show should be!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 6, 2022 21:35

PaintMonkeyManBlack
One last thing: German organisation; shame on you!

As a German I tend to agree but overall inside the stadium everything went very smooth, friendly and fast. Drinks, food, entrance was no problem at all for us. The Lucky Dip seemed crazy for sure. But getting in and out of the location was easy. Also cops and staff were friendly. Easy. Even with a 9 year old.
btw maybe saying local organization would be more fitting. ;-)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1593
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home