Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Mick hates the past
Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: June 8, 2022 08:03

Can’t believe this topic… it’s what they do it’s his decision just like it’s yours to go see a show or not. Personally I’ve seen them enough

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 8, 2022 20:01

umakmehrd
Can’t believe this topic… it’s what they do it’s his decision just like it’s yours to go see a show or not. Personally I’ve seen them enough

I'm sorry but i don't follow, what are you saying exactly.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 8, 2022 23:00

schillid
+2
[www.youtube.com]

After only two years

+10
[www.youtube.com]

Pondering "Ten years ago ... "

[www.youtube.com]

On longevity (01:30) ...

I've always found Mick's interviews from 73' Australian Tour interesting. It reminds me of the off stage persona he employed on the 78 tour.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-08 23:02 by ryanpow.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 9, 2022 06:12

Perhaps Mick's "hatred" of the past is strictly connected to the press, as expressed, kind of, in the BRIDGES press conference, starting here at 1:11.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 9, 2022 12:20

Keith in answer to Micks question IS THIS THE LAST TOUR ?

Keith says this and the next 5, little did he know it would be ten more tours up till now.

September 1997–September 1998 – Bridges to Babylon Tour
January–June 1999 – No Security Tour
September 2002–November 2003 – Licks Tour
August 2005–August 2007 – A Bigger Bang Tour
November 2012–July 2013 – 50 & Counting Tour
February–November 2014 – 14 On Fire
May–July 2015 – Zip Code Tour
February–March 2016 – América Latina Olé Tour 2016
September 2017–November 2021 – No Filter Tour
June–July 2022 – Sixty Tour

Posted by: Dbs1972 ()
Date: June 10, 2022 23:41

Saying he hates the past is probably inaccurate… I just think he is constantly a forward-looking guy. I think he truly believes that the Stones are better than ever and is always pushing that image. Releasing material from their golden era (1969-73) is clearly not a priority for him unfortunately. I can’t help but wonder if he doesn’t want the comparisons?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 11, 2022 08:35

Dbs1972
Saying he hates the past is probably inaccurate… I just think he is constantly a forward-looking guy. I think he truly believes that the Stones are better than ever and is always pushing that image. Releasing material from their golden era (1969-73) is clearly not a priority for him unfortunately. I can’t help but wonder if he doesn’t want the comparisons?

I think he thinks he’s as good as ever. And vocally he probably is. But whilst he IS a freak of nature physically, he’s NOT a 40yo any more. After some songs he looks wrung out now. But he can’t honestly believe the BAND are better than ever. They’re great. I love them. But time has got to them. They play slower, and in Keith’s case, not so well, anymore. Anyone with ears can hear that.

Rod

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: June 11, 2022 08:55

“Screw the past, harshly”

Title of the next greatest hits compilation.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: June 11, 2022 09:16

Seriously? Pretty straight forward comment

keefriffhards
umakmehrd

I'm sorry but i don't follow, what are you saying exactly.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: June 11, 2022 10:13

"They once taught a generation how to be young and now they are showing the world how to grow old."

Date: June 12, 2022 05:16

umakmehrd

Apparently you don't appreciate and understand what criticism is.

Date: June 12, 2022 05:28

Dbs1972

Eh, they play one song from 1994 and one from 1997 occasionally. Recently something from 1989 here and there.

Overall, nothing post 1981.

Obviously Mick is extremely aware of the past. And their set lists say it.

That is forward looking, actually. But not in the way a lot of people here perceive it to be ie new album.

In 1981 there were comparisons to the past. Just as in 1989. And 1994 and so on. So for him to think he's competing with his 1973 self or whatever is absurd - 3 million copies aren't being sold of (enter whatever here).

It's a mind set. An old one. Does Mick really think that way? I certainly don't know. It doesn't seem like it. The reissues generally sell quite poorly. The live releases sell to maybe 30,000 people. Last I looked anyway.

Years ago Mick said something about the Beach Boys (not the actual Beach Boys but the fake version on tour for years) and how the Stones aren't like them, they keep releasing new music.

That was a while ago. Since then... not much. As in 4 new singles, a few reissue singles and albums... but nothing generally new.

But the tours... Mick focuses on tours. If the supposed new album was truly a focus wouldn't it be out by now and they'd be working on a follow up?

Does that mean Mick hates the past? Hell no. Out Of Time, I Wanna Be Your Man, 19th Nervous Break Down - I counted 15 out of 19 songs from the 1960s.

Mick LOVES the past.

Rightfully so he should.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: June 12, 2022 08:35

I just hope Mr. Jagger is okay. That picture of him that is currently on the home page here isn’t very flattering. He looks much older and run down.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 12, 2022 08:41

Well he is 78! Anybody is going to look old when they're approaching 80.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 12, 2022 08:57

If I ever make it to 78, I'd be happy just to wake up in the morning and look out the window, nevermind singing and dancing for 60.000 people

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 13, 2022 02:28

Erik_Snow
If I ever make it to 78, I'd be happy just to wake up in the morning and look out the window, nevermind singing and dancing for 60.000 people

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

'nuff said!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2022 02:42

How about dancin' naked in the retirement village....

That'll get ya a padded room on ya own with no windows .... HHHaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: June 13, 2022 04:47

Rockman
How about dancin' naked in the retirement village....

That'll get ya a padded room on ya own with no windows .... HHHaaaaaaa

Not if I move like Jagger... would arouse all the elderly ladies here...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 13, 2022 06:40

Erik_Snow

If you ever ‘make it to 78’? With the average life expectancy in Norway being 83, I’d say you’ve a reasonable chance!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2022 06:58

would arouse all the elderly ladies here...

WHAT !!! ... so ya already in a retirement village ???????? ...aaahhhh

ROCKMAN

Date: June 13, 2022 16:37

Rockman
would arouse all the elderly ladies here...

WHAT !!! ... so ya already in a retirement village ???????? ...aaahhhh

Aaargh... with a well-intended, nice little joke I gave my best-kept little secret away... Well, probably my user name is a little bit too obvious, too - really thinking about changing it!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 13, 2022 22:45

Big Al
Erik_Snow

If you ever ‘make it to 78’? With the average life expectancy in Norway being 83, I’d say you’ve a reasonable chance!

Sure, but will he still be able to pirouette?

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: June 14, 2022 13:52

Time merely exists in the human mind, and on watches and clocks; it has no independent reality. Nature works in cycles which we define with our own sense of time. The past, present and future are all happening simultaneously, in the Eternal Now. It’s akin to thin layers of an onion. Science operates within the extremely limited boundaries of the human mind, so they come up with all these complicated theories to explain things, but it is much simpler than that in reality.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 14, 2022 17:28

treaclefingers
Big Al
Erik_Snow

Sure, but will he still be able to pirouette?

With a loyal doctor with the right medications, it's not 100% impossible with a triple pirouette, on ice skates; that is, if I'm stil around.

But....what would be the point, with that strickt test regime, not to mention how it would affect my (at that time) allready worn out heart.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1844
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home