Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Mick hates the past
Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: June 5, 2022 02:03

That's why the death of Charlie Watts hasn't ended the band. Just like the 4,000 women he has been with, this is just another bump in the road.

And before you flame me, think about how you would react to losing an integral part of your life. How it would effect your soul. Assuming you had one.

I've been a fan for more than 50 years. I'm not a troll. But this chapter truly disturbs me.

It seems to me that any realistic discussion of their behavior other than fawning is not tolerated here. Prove me wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-05 02:09 by Spodlumt.

Re: Mick hates the past
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 5, 2022 02:08

Sixty years in The Greatest RocknRoll band ....

What else are they gonna do ?
Move ta New Zealand and get colonial to teach 'em concreting

ROCKMAN

Date: June 5, 2022 02:08

I don't believe Jagger hates the past: He fears the future I guess.

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: June 5, 2022 02:12

TheflyingDutchman

I dont't believe Jagger fears the past: He hates the future I guess.
No , wait... well I don't know.

Posted by: RedRedRobin ()
Date: June 5, 2022 02:14

I am in the group that says No Charlie, No Stones. SIXTY years is a huge achievement, but I would have loved sixty WITH Charlie playing on this tour. Since God stepped in and that couldn't be..... I also think they should have hung it up.

If they "had to" do the last tour due to contractual obligations, well then OK. However, for me, this really is not a true SIXTY. SIXTY, for me, would include Charlie Watts.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: June 5, 2022 02:19

I have a friend who hasn't taken them seriously since Brian died, and thinks they should have quit then. Think of what we have missed if that happened...

Posted by: RedRedRobin ()
Date: June 5, 2022 02:23

drwatts
I have a friend who hasn't taken them seriously since Brian died, and thinks they should have quit then. Think of what we have missed if that happened...

Understood. But I never had the pleasure of seeing Brian in a live show. Charlie has played at every show I've attended. I think that makes a difference to a fan.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 5, 2022 02:25

How does he hate the past where he sang Out ofTime,a56 year old song? Most of the songs he sings live on this tour are over 40 years old.His band has released one album of new material in a quarter of a century.Sounds like he loves it too much

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 5, 2022 02:37

Spodlumt
That's why the death of Charlie Watts hasn't ended the band. Just like the 4,000 women he has been with, this is just another bump in the road.

And before you flame me, think about how you would react to losing an integral part of your life. How it would effect your soul. Assuming you had one.

I've been a fan for more than 50 years. I'm not a troll. But this chapter truly disturbs me.

It seems to me that any realistic discussion of their behavior other than fawning is not tolerated here. Prove me wrong.

I don't have to think about it, I actually lost an integral part of my life last year - my wife. Most of the things we did we did together - and that includes going to numerous Stones shows. Everything I do now I have to do alone. It hurts, it hurts tremendously, but what shall I do? My soul tells me that I have to carry on doing all the things in life I enjoyed in the past. Otherwise I would give myself up. Is that the kind of "solution" you want for the remaining Stones members? Just because of your selfish opinion that they have to stop because you want them to stop?

And please stop this stupid Jagger blame game. He has a soul, just like you and me. He has made perfectly clear that he misses Charlie as his fellow band member and as his friend. But Mick's life continues. It's his decision that he wants to carry on. Just like Keith's or Ronnie's - personal decisions we should not question from the outside.

Date: June 5, 2022 02:40

spain73
TheflyingDutchman

I dont't believe Jagger fears the past: He hates the future I guess.
No , wait... well I don't know.

It's the same.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 5, 2022 02:40

When on stage singing all the oldies but goodies, he's living in the past, and why shouldn't he...

Keep on rolling. thumbs up

Mick hates that post
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 5, 2022 03:10

Another in a series of similar screeds that puts the lie to the "not a troll" claim.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 5, 2022 03:27

Yeah even Blind Freddy can see how
he pretends to be a nice guy but twists
his words and peppers them with negativity ..... sick man

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 5, 2022 03:42

Mick hates the past is an odd spin on claims he's anti-nostalgia. All of this stems from the notion that because he exerts a slight effort to keep up with the times when writing and recording new material, Mick is anti-nostalgia. If that were truthful, he would have left the Stones behind in 1985 and played shows made up only of his latest material regardless of the size of the venue. The very fact that he sings primarily material from 1965 - 1981 at every show, signed a contract to reissue expanded versions of five classic albums from the 1970s and 1980s, and signed a contract to start releasing archival concert recordings from the 1970s forward should be proof that he doesn't hate the past.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: June 5, 2022 04:16

retired_dog
Spodlumt

I don't have to think about it, I actually lost an integral part of my life last year - my wife. Most of the things we did we did together - and that includes going to numerous Stones shows. Everything I do now I have to do alone. It hurts, it hurts tremendously, but what shall I do? My soul tells me that I have to carry on doing all the things in life I enjoyed in the past. Otherwise I would give myself up. Is that the kind of "solution" you want for the remaining Stones members? Just because of your selfish opinion that they have to stop because you want them to stop?

And please stop this stupid Jagger blame game. He has a soul, just like you and me. He has made perfectly clear that he misses Charlie as his fellow band member and as his friend. But Mick's life continues. It's his decision that he wants to carry on. Just like Keith's or Ronnie's - personal decisions we should not question from the outside.

Exactly. Right on!

The notion that they should stop doing what they love/were born to do, because someone died is ridiculous. It's sad enough that somebody died. It would be even sadder for the remaining part to stop doing what they love.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: June 5, 2022 04:35

what is this your 3rd 4th thread on how horrible they are for continuing without charlie?

have you considered that maybe the reason you keep getting "flamed" about this is because your opinion is solidly outside of the majority concensus of the fan base and not because no one's allowed to air unpopular opinions here?

people bring up missing charlie and if the current band can even be really called the rolling stones without him (or bill) everyday

but somehow most of them are able to do that without insinuating that mick has no soul

i mean really mick has no soul?

you heard him sing out of time in madrid right?

micks got soul!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-05 04:36 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: June 5, 2022 04:38

People ask why the Rolling Stones keep going. The answer is simple.

It's who they are. It's what they do. It's their life's work.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: June 5, 2022 04:47

They should have stopped when Little Blue Boy Blue And The Blue Boy's broke up.

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: June 5, 2022 05:22

I can’t bear this kind of small minded post, it’s sad you even bother to voice your opinion. If you had any imagination or insight you wouldn’t bother, and if you weren’t just a sad lonely provocateur you wouldn’t bother…& it’s my bad for bothering to reply!

Date: June 5, 2022 07:36

Why do people think its normal that Mick or Keith must do what they wanf? I think those people are overestimating their own importance. Its their choice, no one elses

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 5, 2022 08:18

he hates the past? That must be the reason why he mainly sings songs that are at least 45 years old

Date: June 5, 2022 09:35

<It seems to me that any realistic discussion of their behavior other than fawning is not tolerated here. Prove me wrong>

It's tolerated, but that doesn't mean that many on here will agree with you.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 5, 2022 10:14

Another SpudLump thread hating the current Stones. Just more nonsense. No one forcing you to go, others want to.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: June 5, 2022 10:25

Spodlumt

Zzzzzzz………

Posted by: Sacke ()
Date: June 5, 2022 10:45

Markdog
They should have stopped when Little Blue Boy Blue And The Blue Boy's broke up.

Hahahahahaha.....great one!

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: June 5, 2022 10:49

retired_dog
Spodlumt

My condolences!

And beside that, here's another thing: Charlie wasn't there at the beginning,
so it somehow makes sense that he isn't there when it's ending.
Let's just be aware of their age and realise that this won't go on for another decade.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 5, 2022 10:53

Nicely put, Retired Dog and Falo. And my condolances too, Dog.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: June 5, 2022 10:55

Shit happens! Live is going on. Charlie would have wanted them to continue!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 5, 2022 10:57

And meanwhile I like honest views, even when they are very negative, saying that they should hang it up, is just like saying France should stop being France after Waterloo.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 5, 2022 11:13

So the story of the Rolling Stones should end sadly with a canceled tour because of Covid19 and Charlie's death instead of thousands of people having a great time at their concerts in 2022 and beyond?

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1848
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home