Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: UFO Anybody?
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: June 5, 2022 00:20

Any fans here on IORR? They never really broke through to the big time but I cant think of a band that gigged more or worked harder. Saw them open for J Geils in 1976 - almost 50 years ago! Schenker was streets ahead of most of the competition back then...

video: [www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: UFO Anybody?
Date: June 5, 2022 00:25

When they were firing on all cylinders they were tops. There were like 5-6 albums in the 70's, that rocked. When they go
" Lights out in London"!

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: June 5, 2022 02:27

I saw them at Massey Hall a few times mid and late 70s. They did indeed rock. I'm pretty sure a little known band called AC/DC with Bon opened for them once. Loudest thing I ever heard. It could have been REO Speedwagon that Bon and the boys opened for but I can't be sure. Someone named Mary Jane was involved.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: June 5, 2022 23:35

One of my favourite bands. Their classic albums always on my turntable.

I have always love this one:
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 5, 2022 23:55

I liked them a lot when they had Michael Schenker on guitar. Not quite as much after he left.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 6, 2022 00:42

One of my favourite bands!
Actually my third one after Rolling Stones and AC/DC.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 6, 2022 00:50

It would sound strange but I love the Danny Peyronel era.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 6, 2022 00:52

Their live album Strangers in the Night recorded in 1978 was essential.
In fact, quite a few of their tunes were played quite often on FM radio in L.A. during the mid-late '70's- both the studio and live versions -
Only You Can Rock Me, Doctor Doctor, Love to Love, Rock Bottom, Too Hot to Handle, etc....and especially Lights Out.
Never paid attention to them after Michael Schenker left, and have no idea what happened to them.............

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 6, 2022 00:52

Super band

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 6, 2022 04:37

drwatts
I saw them at Massey Hall a few times mid and late 70s. They did indeed rock. I'm pretty sure a little known band called AC/DC with Bon opened for them once. Loudest thing I ever heard. It could have been REO Speedwagon that Bon and the boys opened for but I can't be sure. Someone named Mary Jane was involved.

AC/DC did open for UFO around 77. There's an interview with Bon talking about the band and how they're going to open several shows for KISS in the US and also with UFO.
Don't know a lot about the band although I know Michael Schenker. When I last saw Iron Maiden in late 2019 they used Doctor Doctor as the opening music before they came on.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: June 11, 2022 22:01

Hairball
Their live album Strangers in the Night recorded in 1978 was essential.
In fact, quite a few of their tunes were played quite often on FM radio in L.A. during the mid-late '70's- both the studio and live versions -
Only You Can Rock Me, Doctor Doctor, Love to Love, Rock Bottom, Too Hot to Handle, etc....and especially Lights Out.
Never paid attention to them after Michael Schenker left, and have no idea what happened to them.............

A little update- went to Amazon to pick up the recommended "Strangers in The Night" which I really only knew by reputation. When I saw they were selling the 8 CD Deluxe version for a mere $35 bucks I grabbed it. It arrived today and having sampled the remastered original and the other gigs that were recorded for consideration at the time, all I can say is damn, at their peak these guys were blazing. Super tight and rocking. AC/DC was indeed the opener. Even if youre on the fence, grab one of these. I'll be blasting this all summer. Thanks for the heads up Hairball!

[www.amazon.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2127
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home