Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: How much would you pay to see The Rolling Stones at a small venue?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 4, 2022 02:25

Gazza
Hairball

Sounds about right Gazza. Being from the US, I was taking in to account the conversion of US dollars for purchase of Stockholm Cirkus, Vredenburg, and Astoria tix.
I also had a fan cub membership at the time (or maybe two?), and each code you were allowed a pair of tix - I was very lucky, and traded one of my Vredenburgs for an Astoria to a friend.
I happened to be on the phone with RS.com fan club tech support for whatever reason late one night US/west coast time, and the tech gal nonchalantly told me "by the way Vredenburg tix will go on sale in 5 minutes"...
Stockholm was part of a VIP package which included all three shows (stadium, arena, theater) w/early access and/or first 4 rows, 7 nights in a 4 star hotel, transpo to and from shows, merch, etc. - ALL for apprx. $1500.
Deal of the century by todays standards, and that seems to be about the average price for a single ticket to the 17-song warhorse leaden Hard Rock show in Florida you mentioned...

cool smiley

You guys were pretty lucky as the fan club was very US-centric.

You couldnt buy presale tickets for the North American dates if you lived outside the US and Canada. I went to the US twice in a month for arena/stadium shows in New York and LA but couldnt access a presale for the Roseland and Wiltern gigs!

Anyone could buy them when they expanded the club to sell tickets for the rest of the world (which is the way it should have been, of course)

And I think you've just confirmed what a few European fans on here have suspected over the years that the on sale times for the shows in Europe seemed to be at times that were very convenient for the Americans spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Not sure if you remember, and I think I've reminded you in the past, but the friend I exchanged Vrednburg and Astoria tix with was our mutual friend Ed "Littleredrooster".
We sat with you at the Twickenham show, and I think it was 10th row center?! We also attended the superior Wembley arena show where I had 4th row with another friend - those fan club codes came in handy for sure!
Not sure what ever became of good old Ed - last I talked to him was around 50 and Counting or maybe Desert Trip, and after that was told by another friend he had some health issues ...
Anyhow, hope you enjoy any shows you might be attending this tour, while I follow along here on IORR...the days of traveling abroad to see the Stones are a thing of the distant past for me.thumbs up

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 4, 2022 05:37

mosthigh

Well now you only need to find four friends willing to pay the same and you might be able to get a private gig ala Robert Kraft style!!!

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 4, 2022 05:46

I’d pay a lot to be in the front row. I’d pay less the further back I was. As I am not tall, way in the back isn’t good for me.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 4, 2022 07:36

It depends on the venue and seat. For the right seat in the right venue whatever it takes.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 4, 2022 08:15

Maybe $20.

They don't need the money.

As Mick says slightly after 14:34 in this video.

Posted by: Gigbag ()
Date: June 4, 2022 10:02

Same as for pit.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 4, 2022 16:55

Hairball
Gazza
Hairball

Sounds about right Gazza. Being from the US, I was taking in to account the conversion of US dollars for purchase of Stockholm Cirkus, Vredenburg, and Astoria tix.
I also had a fan cub membership at the time (or maybe two?), and each code you were allowed a pair of tix - I was very lucky, and traded one of my Vredenburgs for an Astoria to a friend.
I happened to be on the phone with RS.com fan club tech support for whatever reason late one night US/west coast time, and the tech gal nonchalantly told me "by the way Vredenburg tix will go on sale in 5 minutes"...
Stockholm was part of a VIP package which included all three shows (stadium, arena, theater) w/early access and/or first 4 rows, 7 nights in a 4 star hotel, transpo to and from shows, merch, etc. - ALL for apprx. $1500.
Deal of the century by todays standards, and that seems to be about the average price for a single ticket to the 17-song warhorse leaden Hard Rock show in Florida you mentioned...

cool smiley

You guys were pretty lucky as the fan club was very US-centric.

You couldnt buy presale tickets for the North American dates if you lived outside the US and Canada. I went to the US twice in a month for arena/stadium shows in New York and LA but couldnt access a presale for the Roseland and Wiltern gigs!

Anyone could buy them when they expanded the club to sell tickets for the rest of the world (which is the way it should have been, of course)

And I think you've just confirmed what a few European fans on here have suspected over the years that the on sale times for the shows in Europe seemed to be at times that were very convenient for the Americans spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Not sure if you remember, and I think I've reminded you in the past, but the friend I exchanged Vrednburg and Astoria tix with was our mutual friend Ed "Littleredrooster".
We sat with you at the Twickenham show, and I think it was 10th row center?! We also attended the superior Wembley arena show where I had 4th row with another friend - those fan club codes came in handy for sure!
Not sure what ever became of good old Ed - last I talked to him was around 50 and Counting or maybe Desert Trip, and after that was told by another friend he had some health issues ...
Anyhow, hope you enjoy any shows you might be attending this tour, while I follow along here on IORR...the days of traveling abroad to see the Stones are a thing of the distant past for me.thumbs up

oh yes, of course. Yeah, Ed has kept a low profile for quite a while now although I think he posted on RO a while back. At the minute I dont have tickets for any shows. We'll see what happens. Thanks!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 4, 2022 17:17

Hairball

Yes, that was a good deal, Hairball. I went to first two shows in Stockholm. Sadly I wasn't able to catch the last one (Cirkus). I hope you enjoyed our capital as well.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 4, 2022 17:46

15€, that's what the Trabendo cost, too bad that was already 10 years ago !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 4, 2022 17:52

Well, I paid $100 for a $10 front row balcony seat in 1978 to see them at Will Rogers Auditorium (2800 seat hall) I still think it was a good deal...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 4, 2022 17:57

The smallest venue I've seen The Rolling Stones at was the two shows at The Point in Dublin, and front row, a couple of metres from Keith.

I wouldn't pay huge money for a club type gig and £200 would be my limit. thumbs up

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: June 4, 2022 18:51

I prefer to see them in their office: stadiums. The huge stages, light shows and videoscreens simply fit them.
I do hope that the true tongue pit returns some day. Or a lotus like 360 degree stage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-04 18:51 by shattered1978.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: June 4, 2022 19:43

I paid around 500 Euros for a pit ticket in the Waldbühne Berlin in 2017 - and never regretted it. Covid doesn´t make clubshows more attractive for me, but that would be the price range for a ticket in a small venue. Have to admit that my Springsteen on Broadway ticket did cost almosst twice as much, so probably i´d spend even more than that.

cheers, Fillmore

Date: June 4, 2022 20:28

I wonder what Mick Jagger himself would pay if he could see his band in the ABBA approach?

Date: June 4, 2022 21:45

Stoneage
Hairball

Yes, that was a good deal, Hairball. I went to first two shows in Stockholm. Sadly I wasn't able to catch the last one (Cirkus). I hope you enjoyed our capital as well.

I loved everything about it - Stockholm is beautiful.thumbs up

I arrived on my 40th birthday a couple of days before the first show , and can't think of a better way to have celebrated it - Stockholm and the Stones!
From there, spent the next 7 weeks traveling around Europe on planes, trains, and automobiles, and some of my itinerary would coincide with the Stones.
Didn't follow them every stop of the way, but did manage to meet up with them for the shows in the Netherlands, the shows in London, and the last two for me in Glasgow.
Hard to believe it was all nearly 20 years ago...stadiums, arenas, and theaters/clubs...museums, landmarks, history, culture, food, folks, and lots of fun...nearly two months of it.
And it was at Stockholm arena where I got a guitar pick from Keith...he threw it in our direction which turned in to a rugby scrum, and I came out on top as the winner.smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-04 21:51 by Hairball.

Date: June 4, 2022 21:49

Gazza
At the minute I dont have tickets for any shows. We'll see what happens. Thanks!

Can't imagine you not attending - have a great time at whatever show(s) you attend! thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home