Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
How much would you pay to see The Rolling Stones at a small venue?
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 3, 2022 15:36

How much would you spend (on a ticket, not the whole trip) to see them in a small, historic venue with elite acoustics, like The Ryman (Nashville. Capacity 2362)?

Re: How much would you pay to see The Rolling Stones at a small venue?
Date: June 3, 2022 15:41

If we get the Florida setlist; 350 euro
If we get the 2002/2003 club setlists: 750-1000 euro

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 15:42 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 3, 2022 15:49

The 2002/2003 club/theater shows hovered around $100 face value per ticket more or less - I think I paid as low as $75 or maybe even less for one, and maybe as high as $100 at another.
I'd happily pay that much again, and maybe up to $200 depending on venue and proximity to where I live, but would have to think really hard about paying any more than that this late in the game.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: June 3, 2022 16:03

Even if we pay a 1000 each it would not pay for them. A stadium is 50,000 people paying at least a 100 USD. So you'd need a room of a 1000 people to pay over 5000 each.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-04 06:01 by Whale.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 3, 2022 16:23

For a London club or theatre show, I would pay up to £100. Any more, and it wouldn’t make sense for me. Weren’t the Shepherds Bush Empire tickets only priced around £10? grinning smiley

Posted by: saintmick ()
Date: June 3, 2022 16:29

For Stones in the El Mocambo, same setlist as 1977, I would pay 5k

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: June 3, 2022 16:33

50 euro, as I did in 2003, when I did see the Stones in Vredenburg smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: June 3, 2022 17:33

Sounds like many of you would pay less for an intimate small club show than a huge stadium show. Odd.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 3, 2022 18:37

saintmick
For Stones in the El Mocambo, same setlist as 1977, I would pay 5k

Alright, moneybags winking smiley

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 3, 2022 18:51

I would pay up to £300

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 20:48

for an intimate club show with a setlist comprised of songs having been played <25 or never at all, and assuming my child support is finished, I'd pay $3K. If it's around bonus time, I might consider the $5K to make it happen lol

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 3, 2022 21:06

I wouldn't pay anything in advance, I'd write a check afterwards, based on the performance and setlist

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 3, 2022 21:16

I paid $750 to see them @ the Hard Rock (RIP) in Vegas in 2002. Those days are gone. They were really great but actually better the next night @ MGM Grand.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 3, 2022 21:35

Should be worth five or so crypto apes

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 3, 2022 21:36

...pocket full of bones ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 3, 2022 21:49

I'd go for a LD ticket…

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: June 3, 2022 21:57

I think I paid 10 bucks to see them at The Phoenix in 2005.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 3, 2022 22:00

Hairball
The 2002/2003 club/theater shows hovered around $100 face value per ticket more or less - I think I paid as low as $75 or maybe even less for one, and maybe as high as $100 at another.
I'd happily pay that much again, and maybe up to $200 depending on venue and proximity to where I live, but would have to think really hard about paying any more than that this late in the game.

£50 in the UK. I think in the US they were all $50 but I stand to be corrected. Of course, you had next to no chance of getting a ticket unless you were paying the £50 a year or whatever it was to join the fan club and get a presale (one per membership)

Shepherds Bush in 1999 was £10 (the regular ticket prices that tour were about £35)

If a show like this is meant to be a thank you to fans, then the ticket price should reflect that. They've done that a few times in this decade, to be fair.

I dont care what anyone says, to charge the price they did for that Hard Rock show last November and then play a 17-song warhorse leaden set was derisory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 22:00 by Gazza.

Date: June 3, 2022 22:20

This would depend.

First on the venue size and configuration. I'd pay more for a 300 seat than a 3000 seat.

And the set list. If all warhorses less that an off the wall show like Fonda Theatre or the 3 club shows I saw in 1995 with the more obscure songs they played.

If they played Midnight Rambler 5 times back to back I'd be one happy fan!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 3, 2022 22:34

NashvilleBlues
How much would you spend (on a ticket, not the whole trip) to see them in a small, historic venue with elite acoustics, like The Ryman (Nashville. Capacity 2362)?

Asking for a tour promoter or just Promotone B.V.?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 3, 2022 22:35

Gazza
Hairball

£50 in the UK. I think in the US they were all $50 but I stand to be corrected. Of course, you had next to no chance of getting a ticket unless you were paying the £50 a year or whatever it was to join the fan club and get a presale (one per membership)

Shepherds Bush in 1999 was £10 (the regular ticket prices that tour were about £35)

If a show like this is meant to be a thank you to fans, then the ticket price should reflect that. They've done that a few times in this decade, to be fair.

I dont care what anyone says, to charge the price they did for that Hard Rock show last November and then play a 17-song warhorse leaden set was derisory.

Sounds about right Gazza. Being from the US, I was taking in to account the conversion of US dollars for purchase of Stockholm Cirkus, Vredenburg, and Astoria tix.
I also had a fan cub membership at the time (or maybe two?), and each code you were allowed a pair of tix - I was very lucky, and traded one of my Vredenburgs for an Astoria to a friend.
I happened to be on the phone with RS.com fan club tech support for whatever reason late one night US/west coast time, and the tech gal nonchalantly told me "by the way Vredenburg tix will go on sale in 5 minutes"...
Stockholm was part of a VIP package which included all three shows (stadium, arena, theater) w/early access and/or first 4 rows, 7 nights in a 4 star hotel, transpo to and from shows, merch, etc. - ALL for apprx. $1500.
Deal of the century by todays standards, and that seems to be about the average price for a single ticket to the 17-song warhorse leaden Hard Rock show in Florida you mentioned...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 23:31 by Hairball.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 3, 2022 22:54

$200 ish is still pretty much the top level I would spend on a show. I think Austin was $226 which is a bit more than the record I set and promised to never go over (Staples Center 2002) but it was like the perfect reserved seat.

(Telling myself the @#$%& factor would go way up at these kinds of shows helps keep me check)

Date: June 3, 2022 23:13

Rocky Dijon
NashvilleBlues

Asking for a tour promoter or just Promotone B.V.?

Pure curiosity. On another thread people were talking about a setlist full of rarities, and I wanted to see how badly people wanted it. I wish I had some influence, but I don’t, unless they see this and play The Ryman, then I want a free front row seat and a meet and greet. smiling smiley

Posted by: KeefFan2003 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 23:55

15€ as it was in Paris 2012.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: June 4, 2022 00:16

I paid £40 to get into the Astoria and seeing them up close was a thrill, but Wembley arena two days later was a much better gig.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 4, 2022 00:16

on second thought ... two cows and a pig ...

ROCKMAN

Date: June 4, 2022 00:35

bakersfield
I paid £40 to get into the Astoria and seeing them up close was a thrill, but Wembley arena two days later was a much better gig.

Astoria was super but out of the 50+ Stones shows I've seen since 1982, that first Wembley Arena show (29/8/03) was the best of the lot. 'Licks' was a diehard fan's wet dream with the three types of shows (and setlists) if you got to experience them in the same city.

Date: June 4, 2022 00:43

Hairball

Sounds about right Gazza. Being from the US, I was taking in to account the conversion of US dollars for purchase of Stockholm Cirkus, Vredenburg, and Astoria tix.
I also had a fan cub membership at the time (or maybe two?), and each code you were allowed a pair of tix - I was very lucky, and traded one of my Vredenburgs for an Astoria to a friend.
I happened to be on the phone with RS.com fan club tech support for whatever reason late one night US/west coast time, and the tech gal nonchalantly told me "by the way Vredenburg tix will go on sale in 5 minutes"...
Stockholm was part of a VIP package which included all three shows (stadium, arena, theater) w/early access and/or first 4 rows, 7 nights in a 4 star hotel, transpo to and from shows, merch, etc. - ALL for apprx. $1500.
Deal of the century by todays standards, and that seems to be about the average price for a single ticket to the 17-song warhorse leaden Hard Rock show in Florida you mentioned...

cool smiley

You guys were pretty lucky as the fan club was very US-centric.

You couldnt buy presale tickets for the North American dates if you lived outside the US and Canada. I went to the US twice in a month for arena/stadium shows in New York and LA but couldnt access a presale for the Roseland and Wiltern gigs!

Anyone could buy them when they expanded the club to sell tickets for the rest of the world (which is the way it should have been, of course)

And I think you've just confirmed what a few European fans on here have suspected over the years that the on sale times for the shows in Europe seemed to be at times that were very convenient for the Americans spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 4, 2022 01:27

Most likely it's a slim chance that they play an intimate venue these days.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: June 4, 2022 02:07

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1368
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home