Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: VINYL CODE RED - deals for enthusiasts too good to pass up!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 23, 2022 15:34

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
Yeah I get the whole idea of the value. Most of my vinyl is actually still sealed as of now. Do you actually plan on selling any of them though? In time I'll hopefully have a place to display them all. The glow in the dark MHR is one that I'm dying to open to see what it looks like.

That is a phenomenal deal for Palladium!!

Do you only buy the new releases, or do you try and buy some of the older catalogue stuff?

There are sometimes some great deals on EBAY for sealed original albums going back to IORR.

I managed to pick up a lot of them sealed through the years...they're like skinny time capsules completely preserved....like a little part of history.

The ones that got really expensive were the 90s vinyl releases, I presume because the weren't pressing very many of them.

Hey Treacle, or anyone else with knowledge too, I'm curious as to what constitutes a good deal on an original vinyl still sealed? I had a peek at Ebay today, and while the listings were full of reissues, there were some originals too, but the prices varied tremendously. For instance an original SW was going for $60, which seemed high. What I thought was an original GLIFWI for $24 turned out to be the Abcko 1986 reissue. LOL SG is mostly in the $100's for an original. This is a very slippery slope to start down - one that admittedly I'm not in a position to start right yet....

Yeah I used to 'know' that pricing really well, say 10-15 years ago and everything's gone up since then. At the time vinyl was priced really low, the market hadn't rebounded yet, so I was buying multiple copies of Some Girls for say $20, or Dirty Work for $10, Hot Rocks for $25, all sealed, all original pressings. Emotional Rescue with the original poster wrapped on the outside for $18, stuff like that.

I got what clearly must have been a reissue of the debut album, probably from the 70s still sealed, for about $20, that was very cool. And several other 60s US releases. I have a couple of the London Through The Past Octagonals, Beggar's, OOOHs...just a slew of them.

I just liked the idea they were like a time capsule, sealed 40, 50, now 60 years ago.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 27, 2022 07:01

For anyone who doesn't have Ronnie's Somebody Up There Likes Me, Amazon has the blu-ray deluxe on sale right now for just $23.49. Regularly $70.

Somebody Deluxe

Posted by: rayrad ()
Date: August 4, 2022 14:43

4LP GHS on sale at rough trade UK for £49.99:

[www.roughtrade.com]

down from £114.99

i picked it up there on sale for £79.99

should have waited!

Date: August 4, 2022 17:29

rayrad
4LP GHS on sale at rough trade UK for £49.99:

[www.roughtrade.com]

down from £114.99

i picked it up there on sale for £79.99

should have waited!

They were really aggressive with pricing on this box set and even more so with Tattoo You and El Mocambo. I grabbed a couple of copies when it when on one of those 3 for 2 sales at Amazon.com, and got it for a bit above this price.

Still haven't gotten Tattoo You Superdeluxe or El Mocambo though...thinking Black Friday may be the time.

Patience is your friend.

Date: August 4, 2022 21:32

El Mo is pretty steadily coming down now.....at least for the black vinyl version. Very often I see it for < $100.

Date: August 5, 2022 18:02

Seems that the currency difference between the US Dollar and Japanese Yen has closed significantly of late - not sure why - but it's leaving many Japanese items much, much cheaper of late!!

Date: August 6, 2022 04:57

Though this is technically NOT a vinyl code red, there is a slab of pictured disc vinyl in this box set...THANKS to Hockenheim who mentioned this in the Tattoo You Deluxe thread. Grab it fast...this price is amazing, I just bought two copies:

[www.amazon.co.uk]

A little over $60 canadian per copy, 4 cd's plus the vinyl.

Date: August 7, 2022 07:32

For anyone interested, Lucinda Williams' Vol 6. Stones cover album vinyl is currently $11.61 on Amazon.

Lu's Vol. 6

Date: August 7, 2022 16:36

VoodooLounge13
For anyone interested, Lucinda Williams' Vol 6. Stones cover album vinyl is currently $11.61 on Amazon.

Lu's Vol. 6

Tempting!

Shipping to Canada almost doubles price, to $29 Canadian unfortunately.

Date: August 7, 2022 17:17

Add some more stuff to the order to get free shipping! I’ve always a laundry list of things to get. This time I got Biography’s 60 Years of Rolling Stones, some instant coffee, and Beyoncé’s Renaissance cd - now before anyone jumps down my throat for that lol, I will admit she is a guilty pleasure (and visually a stunning pleasure IMO lol), but I’ve not heard a lick off the album and am missing a couple of her more recent albums. My main point in buying it is because she’s changing the lyrics in one of the songs because it offended a disability group and I want to own an original, unaltered version of the album. Been kicking myself for not buying Bodycount before it was changed many years ago. If the lyrics are different on Bey’s album, I’ll ship it back.

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: August 7, 2022 19:06

treaclefingers
Though this is technically NOT a vinyl code red, there is a slab of pictured disc vinyl in this box set...THANKS to Hockenheim who mentioned this in the Tattoo You Deluxe thread. Grab it fast...this price is amazing, I just bought two copies:

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Thanks Treacle (and Hockenheim) just ordered one of these, total with shipping to Calgary, Canada came to $69.20 Canadian. Still a great bargain.

Date: August 7, 2022 23:47

northof49
treaclefingers

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Thanks Treacle (and Hockenheim) just ordered one of these, total with shipping to Calgary, Canada came to $69.20 Canadian. Still a great bargain.

Excellent, great to hear! If you double the order (play copy, museum copy) you save a bit on the shipping. Mine came to $121 for two including shipping.

Date: August 7, 2022 23:48

VoodooLounge13
Seems that the currency difference between the US Dollar and Japanese Yen has closed significantly of late - not sure why - but it's leaving many Japanese items much, much cheaper of late!!

It's because US has been increasing interest rates due to inflation, which strengthens the dollar. Japanese inflation for the moment is really low, and I think still have negative interest rates.

Date: August 7, 2022 23:50

VoodooLounge13
Add some more stuff to the order to get free shipping! I’ve always a laundry list of things to get. This time I got Biography’s 60 Years of Rolling Stones, some instant coffee, and Beyoncé’s Renaissance cd - now before anyone jumps down my throat for that lol, I will admit she is a guilty pleasure (and visually a stunning pleasure IMO lol), but I’ve not heard a lick off the album and am missing a couple of her more recent albums. My main point in buying it is because she’s changing the lyrics in one of the songs because it offended a disability group and I want to own an original, unaltered version of the album. Been kicking myself for not buying Bodycount before it was changed many years ago. If the lyrics are different on Bey’s album, I’ll ship it back.

For any Amazon order other than one for your home country there is no free shipping. I have Prime in Canada so anything from amazon.ca is great, but if I order from .com, or .co.uk for instance there's always shipping.

Best deals I usually find from the UK site, if not Canada. But I've bought from .de, .fr, .it as well before, no problems.

Date: August 8, 2022 00:51

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

It's because US has been increasing interest rates due to inflation, which strengthens the dollar. Japanese inflation for the moment is really low, and I think still have negative interest rates.

Ahhhh is that the secret?!?!? Me likey!!!

Date: August 8, 2022 00:53

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

For any Amazon order other than one for your home country there is no free shipping. I have Prime in Canada so anything from amazon.ca is great, but if I order from .com, or .co.uk for instance there's always shipping.

Best deals I usually find from the UK site, if not Canada. But I've bought from .de, .fr, .it as well before, no problems.

I was not aware of that!!! Sometimes, I luck out and catch free shipping from UK, so I was thinking/figuring that all of the Amazon sites have free shipping. Actually, come to think of it, I've gotten free shipping in the past from CA as well. Though I've not ordered from there since pre-COVID so things might be different now....

Date: August 8, 2022 01:25

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

I was not aware of that!!! Sometimes, I luck out and catch free shipping from UK, so I was thinking/figuring that all of the Amazon sites have free shipping. Actually, come to think of it, I've gotten free shipping in the past from CA as well. Though I've not ordered from there since pre-COVID so things might be different now....

If memory serves, you've gotten free product from Canada, and only paid shipping!

Date: August 8, 2022 03:21

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

For any Amazon order other than one for your home country there is no free shipping. I have Prime in Canada so anything from amazon.ca is great, but if I order from .com, or .co.uk for instance there's always shipping.smileys with beer

If memory serves, you've gotten free product from Canada, and only paid shipping!

Yes! That’s the best way to buy!!! hot smiley

Date: August 8, 2022 16:41

OK, finally pulled the trigger on this one. Always difficult to tell when price has bottomed out, sort of like a stock it's nice to buy at the bottom.

Anyway, The Rolling Stones Singles Box Set 1963-66 for 110 GBP on amazon.co.uk and reduced to 91 GBP with VAT removed. 12 or so for shipping brings me to 104-ish, or $161 CAD delivered.

Hoping it can skate under import duties which it often does if price is low enough.

To buy Amazon.ca by comparison price is $240 + tax of 12% but free delivery.

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Date: August 8, 2022 20:56

treaclefingers
OK, finally pulled the trigger on this one. Always difficult to tell when price has bottomed out, sort of like a stock it's nice to buy at the bottom.

Anyway, The Rolling Stones Singles Box Set 1963-66 for 110 GBP on amazon.co.uk and reduced to 91 GBP with VAT removed. 12 or so for shipping brings me to 104-ish, or $161 CAD delivered.

Hoping it can skate under import duties which it often does if price is low enough.

[www.amazon.co.uk]

I'm holding out for a Black Friday steal on this one!!

Date: August 8, 2022 21:40

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers

[www.amazon.co.uk]

If it does do that I'll average down and maybe get a second. Because the amazon.ca price is so high, and they don't even have a prime deal with it (it looks like everything is being shipped from the UK) I don't see that price coming down for me. Just wanted a low price copy in case it doesn't go down again.

Date: August 8, 2022 23:03

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers

[www.amazon.co.uk]

If it does do that I'll average down and maybe get a second. Because the amazon.ca price is so high, and they don't even have a prime deal with it (it looks like everything is being shipped from the UK) I don't see that price coming down for me. Just wanted a low price copy in case it doesn't go down again.

Makes sense. I'm waiting patiently for El Mo colored to dip under $100. It's almost there. $110....

Date: August 9, 2022 01:45

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Makes sense. I'm waiting patiently for El Mo colored to dip under $100. It's almost there. $110....

Where...rolling stones shop site.

Date: August 10, 2022 07:05

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers

[www.amazon.co.uk]

eye popping smiley

Where...rolling stones shop site.

Bravado. But then when I add in shipping it’s pretty much the same price again!!!

Date: August 23, 2022 04:22

OK here we go again...seems like they're really trying to blow these out, Tattoo You Super Deluxe 4 CD + Vinyl Picture Disk:

[www.amazon.co.uk]

I coincidentally just got two of these delivered today for $61 Canadian each...all in, shipping everything.

About US$47!

Would just like to get the Vinyl Box which is still horribly overpriced.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-23 04:23 by treaclefingers.

Date: August 29, 2022 07:23

This is a good one...not vinyl though.

The Blu-Ray 2CD combo of the Steel Wheels Atlantic City release, $20.49 Canadian...51% off:

[www.amazon.ca]

Just nabbed it for the first time. Thought they were overpriced when they were first released.

Date: August 31, 2022 06:44

Spanish Sticky Fingers SHM CD on Amazon.fr only 6.99 Euros.

[www.amazon.fr]

5.82 with VAT removed.

Date: August 31, 2022 07:14

treaclefingers

[www.amazon.fr]

5.82 with VAT removed.

Wow now that IS a steal!!!

Date: August 31, 2022 07:31

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers

[www.amazon.fr]

5.82 with VAT removed.

Wow now that IS a steal!!!

They murder you on shipping (sorry, should have mentioned that) but I was buying a bigger item already so each additional one was only 1 euro...ok ok, I bought more than one.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: August 31, 2022 08:00

What happened to the first 8 (?) pages of this thread? Are these deleted?

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home