Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
VINYL CODE RED - deals for enthusiasts too good to pass up!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 2, 2022 16:58

OK so a lot of collector's here looking for good deals so I thought maybe in one thread we could help each other and create an alert to crazy good opportunities as they come up, rather than creating new threads, or burying it in an existing thread. We don't need to use it just for vinyl of course.

Case in point, the red vinyl Main Offender was $25 Canadian on Amazon.ca yesterday and I posted it in the Main Offender thread, then the Let's Talk RARE Stones Vinyl thread, but unless you have a specific interest in either, you will have missed it.

Here is the link...price has increased by a dollar since yesterday but still a good deal:

[www.amazon.ca]

Happy hunting!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 20:05 by treaclefingers.

Re: VINYL CODE RED - deals for enthusiasts too good to pass up!
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 02:31

great idea!

Date: June 3, 2022 03:39

Amazon.it has the triple black vinyl Copacabana at what seems like a screaming deal at 29 Euros, about $38 Canadian.

[www.amazon.it]

As well, it drops to only 23 EUROS(!) when I put it in the cart, as they remove the VAT embedded in the price.

BUT...over 19 Euros for shipping and a small import deposit brings the final price to over 47 Euros, effectively killing the good deal.

Unless you live in Italy I guess!

Date: June 15, 2022 16:31

For anyone interested, Merchbar is having a big vinyl sale right now, and a couple of the Stones items are pretty good deals:

* Steel Wheels Live (Live From Atlantic City, NJ, 1989) (4LP (Tangerine/Sky Blue) Vinyl Record - $65.99
* Let It Bleed (50th Anniversary Edition) (2 LP/2 CD/7")(Deluxe Box Set) (Vinyl) - $86.99
* A Bigger Bang Live On Copacabana Beach (Multi Color 3 LP) Vinyl Record - $47.49
* Singles 1963-1966 (7" Single Box Set) (Vinyl) - $145.49 (lowest I've seen it in a while)
* ROCK & ROLL CIRCUS (180G/3 LP) Vinyl Record - $50.99

Merchbar.com

Date: June 15, 2022 17:36

VoodooLounge13
For anyone interested, Merchbar is having a big vinyl sale right now, and a couple of the Stones items are pretty good deals:

* Steel Wheels Live (Live From Atlantic City, NJ, 1989) (4LP (Tangerine/Sky Blue) Vinyl Record - $65.99
* Let It Bleed (50th Anniversary Edition) (2 LP/2 CD/7")(Deluxe Box Set) (Vinyl) - $86.99
* A Bigger Bang Live On Copacabana Beach (Multi Color 3 LP) Vinyl Record - $47.49
* Singles 1963-1966 (7" Single Box Set) (Vinyl) - $145.49 (lowest I've seen it in a while)
* ROCK & ROLL CIRCUS (180G/3 LP) Vinyl Record - $50.99

Merchbar.com

Thanks for that Voodoo

I'm missing a few of the recent LIVE ones...and of course the new singles box set. I bought the Beatles singles about 18 months ago on a pretty nice price dip. Hope to do the same with the Stones set, we'll see if that happens, though $145 is pretty damn good!

Date: June 15, 2022 18:31

Yeah, I was tempted to buy it myself at that price, but I need to cutback right now............until I get into my new place. Well, first I have to FIND my new place, but need to save as much as I can for a down payment. With the way rents are, it's cheaper to just buy a small place somewhere.

My last big splurge was getting a bunch of Japanese only releases that I'd been missing - was about $268, which I helped to justify by all the money I'd saved on that UDiscover snafu!!! LOL

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: June 15, 2022 19:14

For those who are looking for a deal on the Let It Bleed 50th Anniversary Box Set.
It's on sale right now at amazon US for $89 USD. It qualifies for a special where you get 3 of them for the price of 2. You have to FOLLOW the directions on the page. Add one to your cart, then click on the 3 for the price of 2 link. It then opens another page where you can add two more (one at a time) when you checkout, it applies the discount.
I bought 3 of them for approximately $190 USD. If you team up with fellow IORR members, here's a chance to get this limited edition release for $65 USD approximately. Here is the link, directly to the promo offers:

[www.amazon.com]

Date: June 15, 2022 19:39

dennycranium
For those who are looking for a deal on the Let It Bleed 50th Anniversary Box Set.
It's on sale right now at amazon US for $89 USD. It qualifies for a special where you get 3 of them for the price of 2. You have to FOLLOW the directions on the page. Add one to your cart, then click on the 3 for the price of 2 link. It then opens another page where you can add two more (one at a time) when you checkout, it applies the discount.
I bought 3 of them for approximately $190 USD. If you team up with fellow IORR members, here's a chance to get this limited edition release for $65 USD approximately. Here is the link, directly to the promo offers:

[www.amazon.com]

There are some other Stones-related items in this sale as well. So far I have found the 4LP TY Deluxe for $107, the Singles vinyl box for $149, so those 2 coupled with the LIB Super deluxe means that the LIB one is free!!!

Aside from those, I've also found:
Atlantic City for $24.99 (2CD/Bluray it seems)
Main Offender 2cd version for $13.99
TY LP for $21.99
Arlen Roth - Paint It Black (Acoustic Stones covers) for $14.99
Lucinda Williams - Stones Covers CD for $9.99.
Licked Live 2CD/DVD - $22.99, 2CD - $18.99, 3LP White - $71.99.
Copa - 2cd - $20.99, 2CD/Bluray - $23.49, Deluxe 4CD - $65.99

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-15 20:01 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: June 15, 2022 19:40

On a separate note, Amazon also has the CD Super Deluxe version of TY on sale right now for $64.37!!! That's a freakin steal!

Tattoo You 2021

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: June 16, 2022 06:27

treaclefingers
OK so a lot of collector's here looking for good deals so I thought maybe in one thread we could help each other and create an alert to crazy good opportunities as they come up, rather than creating new threads, or burying it in an existing thread. We don't need to use it just for vinyl of course.

Case in point, the red vinyl Main Offender was $25 Canadian on Amazon.ca yesterday and I posted it in the Main Offender thread, then the Let's Talk RARE Stones Vinyl thread, but unless you have a specific interest in either, you will have missed it.

Fingers, how might one contact you directly?

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: June 16, 2022 07:19

stonesstein
treaclefingers

Fingers, how might one contact you directly?

That's a dangerous ask lad!

I just checked to see what your email was...and it's ALSO hidden...I would have sent you a note!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-16 07:20 by treaclefingers.

Date: June 16, 2022 14:26

VoodooLounge13
On a separate note, Amazon also has the CD Super Deluxe version of TY on sale right now for $64.37!!! That's a freakin steal!

Tattoo You 2021

For anyone interested, the price on the TY Super Deluxe CD version thru the above Amazon link is now down to $61.15 and Amazon has an additional 15% if you add the coupon under the price. This takes this set down to $51.98 plus tax. Free shipping. I just picked it up for about $55!!! Quite happy with that bargain price. And it comes with AutoRip (automatic free download of the music) so I don’t have to wait for the actual product to arrive to hear the Wembley show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-16 14:30 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: June 16, 2022 17:23

VoodooLounge13
VoodooLounge13

Tattoo You 2021

For anyone interested, the price on the TY Super Deluxe CD version thru the above Amazon link is now down to $61.15 and Amazon has an additional 15% if you add the coupon under the price. This takes this set down to $51.98 plus tax. Free shipping. I just picked it up for about $55!!! Quite happy with that bargain price. And it comes with AutoRip (automatic free download of the music) so I don’t have to wait for the actual product to arrive to hear the Wembley show.

Thanks Voodoo...pretty good deal indeed. With shipping and exchange, I'm looking at $94, which is significantly better than the $150 or so buying from amazon.ca would be.

I recently bought GHS super Deluxe for $64 Canadian, about $48 US including free shipping from amazon.ca.

I'm thinking about keeping my powder dry for a bit. Prime days are coming up as well July 12 so that may be a good opportunity.

Date: June 16, 2022 17:39

Was that the vinyl or CD version of GHS? I loathe that they have now split up the packaging so that one must be TWO copies of a friggin Super Deluxe - one vinyl and one CD. The EOMS and GYYO sets were the best for being economical!!!!

My vinyl GHS Super was part of that UDiscover deal LOL. I still need the CD Japanese version, which is getting harder and harder to come by, thereby making it more and more $$$

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-16 17:40 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: June 16, 2022 21:32

VoodooLounge13
Was that the vinyl or CD version of GHS? I loathe that they have now split up the packaging so that one must be TWO copies of a friggin Super Deluxe - one vinyl and one CD. The EOMS and GYYO sets were the best for being economical!!!!

My vinyl GHS Super was part of that UDiscover deal LOL. I still need the CD Japanese version, which is getting harder and harder to come by, thereby making it more and more $$$

I already had the GHS Super on Vinyl...so this was the GHS Super on CD.

Yeah, a lovely 'cash grab' to be sure. On the other hand, can you imagine what they'd charge for a 5 album, one coloured disc, and 4 CD set?

I don't see 'volume discounts' with this outfit!

Date: June 17, 2022 01:59

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

I already had the GHS Super on Vinyl...so this was the GHS Super on CD.

Yeah, a lovely 'cash grab' to be sure. On the other hand, can you imagine what they'd charge for a 5 album, one coloured disc, and 4 CD set?

I don't see 'volume discounts' with this outfit!

Ahhhh this is true!! The price would be sky high with little hopes of getting a very good deal!!!

But yes, anything to get us to buy more!!

Date: June 20, 2022 17:26

For our American friends...$36 for the triple COPA coloured vinyl...too good to pass up?!:

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 20, 2022 17:45

treaclefingers
For our American friends...$36 for the triple COPA coloured vinyl...too good to pass up?!:

[www.amazon.com]

Very nice. Too bad I already have it. Solid release to be sure.

Date: June 20, 2022 20:05

NashvilleBlues
treaclefingers

[www.amazon.com]

Hang on, you only have one copy? You don't have a play copy and museum copy?

Where did you get your "STONES COLLECTOR's TRAINING", and was it at an internationally recognized institution?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 20, 2022 20:48

treaclefingers
NashvilleBlues
treaclefingers

[www.amazon.com]

Hang on, you only have one copy? You don't have a play copy and museum copy?

Where did you get your "STONES COLLECTOR's TRAINING", and was it at an internationally recognized institution?

Haha! Yeah. Only one copy, and I've played it. Apparently I need to sign up for one of those trainings. winking smiley

Date: June 20, 2022 20:54

I guess I went to the same school as NB LOL Only one copy of each for me as well.

Date: June 20, 2022 23:04

Several years ago I noticed that sealed items could be double the price of unsealed. It made he hesitate when I bought a new slab as it was worse depreciation than buying a car.

So I started doubling up....play copy/museum copy.

Now I didn't want to just spend willynilly double the amount so I started being more patient and waiting for prices to drop on new releases...sometimes you're buying them at a fraction of the price. I bought 2 Keith Palladium superdeluxe's from Amazon a few month's ago for about $42 each.

Pays to wait! (sometimes)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-20 23:05 by treaclefingers.

Date: June 21, 2022 05:30

Yeah I get the whole idea of the value. Most of my vinyl is actually still sealed as of now. Do you actually plan on selling any of them though? In time I'll hopefully have a place to display them all. The glow in the dark MHR is one that I'm dying to open to see what it looks like.

That is a phenomenal deal for Palladium!!

Date: June 21, 2022 06:24

VoodooLounge13
Yeah I get the whole idea of the value. Most of my vinyl is actually still sealed as of now. Do you actually plan on selling any of them though? In time I'll hopefully have a place to display them all. The glow in the dark MHR is one that I'm dying to open to see what it looks like.

Do you only buy the new releases, or do you try and buy some of the older catalogue stuff?

There are sometimes some great deals on EBAY for sealed original albums going back to IORR.

I managed to pick up a lot of them sealed through the years...they're like skinny time capsules completely preserved....like a little part of history.

The ones that got really expensive were the 90s vinyl releases, I presume because the weren't pressing very many of them.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 21, 2022 07:11

but but I've know of record shops that
have their own machine for re-sealing vinyl albums ....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 21, 2022 15:33

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Do you only buy the new releases, or do you try and buy some of the older catalogue stuff?

There are sometimes some great deals on EBAY for sealed original albums going back to IORR.

I managed to pick up a lot of them sealed through the years...they're like skinny time capsules completely preserved....like a little part of history.

The ones that got really expensive were the 90s vinyl releases, I presume because the weren't pressing very many of them.

It started with new releases around the time of the GYYO Super Deluxe. I don’t have all the current ones either. All the vault releases are the ones I really wished I’d gotten. Only have Fonda and San Jose. I do want to go back and get the whole catalog. I have B&B and big hits from an uncle. My dad also has Big Hits and TTPD that I’ll inherit one day. Tops for me is an original Voodoo. Then Sticky. I'd like to get that Dutch-only Paradiso vinyl as well. Looks really cool. I'm also keeping all my fingers and toes crossed to be able to grab El Mo multi-colored for < $100.

I feel like EBay is something has to be watched and I just don’t have the time for it right now. Aside from that, I also don't have the room to store 2 copies of all this vinyl!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-21 16:08 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: June 21, 2022 15:35

Rockman

I’ve heard about things like that Rock, trying to rip off the common foot soldier.

Date: June 22, 2022 09:04

VoodooLounge13
Rockman

I’ve heard about things like that Rock, trying to rip off the common foot soldier.

Sounds like back-breaking work.

Date: June 22, 2022 18:41

For those that thought the ELMO CD was priced a little aggressively (me), prices have come down to earth...$21 on Amazon.com, $28 on Amazon.ca

[www.amazon.com]

[www.amazon.ca]

Date: June 23, 2022 14:51

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Hey Treacle, or anyone else with knowledge too, I'm curious as to what constitutes a good deal on an original vinyl still sealed? I had a peek at Ebay today, and while the listings were full of reissues, there were some originals too, but the prices varied tremendously. For instance an original SW was going for $60, which seemed high. What I thought was an original GLIFWI for $24 turned out to be the Abcko 1986 reissue. LOL SG is mostly in the $100's for an original. This is a very slippery slope to start down - one that admittedly I'm not in a position to start right yet....

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1914
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home