Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 25 of 27
Re: Madrid Spain 01-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 12:32

Taylor1
ProfessorWolf

And there was a strange moment at the start of Satisfaction. Keith and Ron were not ready with their guitars and already the famous notes of the song could be heard? Seemed like some sort of backing tape was playing? I was wondering of other attenders of the show noticed this?

just no
Its probably Matt Clifford you are hearing

Im my perception it was like this. Keith started Satisfation and after a few notes he was muted on the front speakers (but he did play). I was in the pit and you could hear his guitar through the on stage monitors. therefore it sounded very different. Then after a few bars he was unmuted again on the front speakers. If you look on YouTube you can't hear these notes because it is recorded too far away from the stage and you can't hear the monitors.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 3, 2022 12:59

Having watched all the videos of the show available, having studied Keith , Ronnie and Micks individual performances, i have to give the ''man of the match award'' to Keith, obviously i'm biased but i'd be the first to call him out if he let the others down with sloppy playing or phoning it in.

But no, he played with fire in his belly, it showed that he still thinks the Stones have something to prove and i didn't have that feeling of cringe once, you know, where he just seemed to be struggling with the whole show, trying to catch up or hold on with the others in the band, on the contrary he was a driving force from start to finish.

And if you think after all this time and because of his age he doesn't have the passion and pride in his singing or playing did you see his reaction to the guys cleaning the stage with the blowers, he was livid, so angry, yep Keith still has fire in his belly as does Mick and Ronnie, but admittedly for years Keith was the weak link.

Yeah this was a magnificent first show for him and the others, long may it continue. I didn't expect it, i don't demand it, but i'm proud to say that's still the best band in the world and still delivering the goods at almost 80 years of age, you find yourself pinching yourself, saying is it really true , is that possible, did they just do what i saw them do winking smiley

Date: June 3, 2022 13:28

Taylor1
ProfessorWolf

And there was a strange moment at the start of Satisfaction. Keith and Ron were not ready with their guitars and already the famous notes of the song could be heard? Seemed like some sort of backing tape was playing? I was wondering of other attenders of the show noticed this?

just no

Not at all. Keith was inaudible for some reason (one round), and then they were back at it. Maybe some trouble with the wireless system?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 13:29 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: z ()
Date: June 3, 2022 13:49

DandelionPowderman
Taylor1
ProfessorWolf

just no

Not at all. Keith was inaudible for some reason (one round), and then they were back at it. Maybe some trouble with the wireless system?

Keith finishes the intro and goes to the verse but Mick misses it. Then he comes back for a second attempt.

Madrid Spain 01-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 3, 2022 14:11

Posted by: keith75 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 14:22

God!!! Give me patience to wait to the Madrid audio bootleg!!!

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 3, 2022 14:43

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 14:43 by yeababyyea.

Posted by: route67 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 14:56

Great to hear that they still rock! I can't wait Stockholm to see them live.
BTW, happy birthday Ronny! (I know it's not easy to be youngest.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 18:32 by route67.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 3, 2022 15:28

PaintMonkeyManBlack
I found SSS the worst performance of the evening. They will probably rotate that one so that's great.

very impressed by Keith who is moving around more and playing more. Riffing very hard on SFM. Fantastic. Can't wait for Munchen

Agree on all counts, and will be following along and watching Munich right here on IORR. The weather forecast has turned for the better with the brunt of the storms hitting earlier in the day.
Hopefully they rotate SSS out with something worthy and classic such as Rocks Off or All Down the Line - maybe even permanently get rid of SSS for the sake of a better show as there's dozens of better choices.
And Keith was for sure full steam ahead, and looks like he's still is carrying over some energy from his short Winos set in NY back in March - he's focused and prowling around like he means it.
Hoping he can retain the focus and energy for the rest of the shows as he seemed to have veered off track a bit at about the half way point of last years mini-tour. I'm rooting for him!thumbs up

Date: June 3, 2022 16:53

maumau
MR

Excellent. smiling smileythumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 3, 2022 17:22

As someone who went to the first and last, and several shows in between last leg, the notion that Keith (or the band) "veered off track" or changed significantly is total rubbish.

It's like an odd campaign for some who could only make a couple shows.. lol.
Seems to be following the . if you repeat a lie often strategy.. really odd.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 3, 2022 17:25

Living In A Ghost Town

[youtu.be]

Date: June 3, 2022 17:30

19Th. Nervous Breakdown snippet

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 17:35 by Christiaan.

Date: June 3, 2022 17:31

Christiaan
Living In A Ghost Town

[youtu.be]

thumbs up

Thanks goodness they kept this in the setlist as it's their only new-ish song, and it's a great one.
Imagine if they could have released several more tunes in the last few years...they could have mixed it up a bit more from one show to the next.
Kind of surprised they ended up completely ignoring Doom and Gloom and One More Shot after a couple of years, but they weren't as good as Ghost Town so no big loss.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 3, 2022 17:36

Hairball
Christiaan
Living In A Ghost Town

[youtu.be]

thumbs up

Thanks goodness they kept this in the setlist as it's their only new-ish song, and it's a great one.
Imagine if they could have released several more tunes in the last few years...they could have mixed it up a bit more from one show to the next.
Kind of surprised they ended up completely ignoring Doom and Gloom and One More Shot after a couple of years, but they weren't as good as Ghost Town so no big loss.

Yes. I loved Ghost Town (not to be confused with The Ghost Hounds) live. I also really liked Doom and Gloom live.

Date: June 3, 2022 17:46

19Th. Nervous Breakdown

[youtu.be]

Date: June 3, 2022 18:03

DandelionPowderman
Taylor1
ProfessorWolf

just no

Yep that's exactly what happened, nothing more nothing less, why would anyone see it any other way unless they don't have a clue.
The power wasn't coming through to his guitar, is this going to start a discussion about hidden behind the stage guitarists again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 18:05 by keefriffhards.

Date: June 3, 2022 18:12

For the first time Mick actually showed his age, did anyone else see that heavy breathing between songs, what a relief, he is human after all bless him.
Tell you what, Mick out of breath is still magnificent, i actually think he was faking the heavy breathing.
That man can't get old, he really can't because if Mick gets old we lose our dreams.
Love you Mick, keep on Rocking, sorry I've enjoyed watching all the videos over a few too many drinks.smileys with beer

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: June 3, 2022 18:17

keefriffhards
For the first time Mick actually showed his age, did anyone else see that heavy breathing between songs, what a relief, he is human after all bless him.
Tell you what, Mick out of breath is still magnificent, i actually think he was faking the heavy breathing.
That man can't get old, he really can't because if Mick gets old we lose our dreams.
Love you Mick, keep on Rocking, sorry I've enjoyed watching all the videos over a few too many drinks.smileys with beer

Did someone talk of Peter Pan?

Date: June 3, 2022 18:59

Slipping Away

[youtu.be]

Date: June 3, 2022 19:01

video: [youtu.be] sorry, samepost again.can't delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 19:02 by Christiaan.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 3, 2022 20:11

keefriffhards
Having watched all the videos of the show available, having studied Keith , Ronnie and Micks individual performances, i have to give the ''man of the match award'' to Keith, obviously i'm biased but i'd be the first to call him out if he let the others down with sloppy playing or phoning it in.

But no, he played with fire in his belly, it showed that he still thinks the Stones have something to prove and i didn't have that feeling of cringe once, you know, where he just seemed to be struggling with the whole show, trying to catch up or hold on with the others in the band, on the contrary he was a driving force from start to finish.

And if you think after all this time and because of his age he doesn't have the passion and pride in his singing or playing did you see his reaction to the guys cleaning the stage with the blowers, he was livid, so angry, yep Keith still has fire in his belly as does Mick and Ronnie, but admittedly for years Keith was the weak link.

Yeah this was a magnificent first show for him and the others, long may it continue. I didn't expect it, i don't demand it, but i'm proud to say that's still the best band in the world and still delivering the goods at almost 80 years of age, you find yourself pinching yourself, saying is it really true , is that possible, did they just do what i saw them do winking smiley

Quite a good metric, actually. Zero cringe

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 20:26

keefriffhards

I noticed this heavy breathing for years and IT is most often in the first half of the show. Nothing new.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 3, 2022 20:33

He took the piss out of being out of breath before Out of Time

Posted by: bam ()
Date: June 3, 2022 20:49

keefriffhards
. . . is this going to start a discussion about hidden behind the stage guitarists again
Nah. Blondie’s busy. He’s starting another tour with Brian Wilson on Tuesday. grinning smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 3, 2022 21:41

Christiaan
19Th. Nervous Breakdown snippet

[youtu.be]

so good the pace that it makes me think they could give rip this joint, lies, hang fire and the likes a good try
with great amusement for everyone

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 3, 2022 23:01

RaiseTheKnife
Nikkei
StonedRambler
Nikkei
Nikkei
"Slip away, pal" is obviously an instant classic [www.youtube.com]

and just as cool right after that when they come in late for the bridge Keith exclaims "Bastards!"
Keith's set is the new spot for cleaning the stage grinning smiley

They'd figured he was mike-bound. Very wrong. I know that working with these things is strictly prohibited within 15 feet of people. Especially in this situation the confetti could have been blown into peoples eyes with tremendous force. Brooms always worked fine.

To me Keith comes across as a deranged old man who barely can play anymore but still finds the need to reprimand his crew members. But each to their own I guess.

The Stage Hands should have waited until the end of Keith’s set. That was unprofessional of them. A brief pause before Mick reappeared would be very acceptable

Date: June 3, 2022 23:26

midimannz
RaiseTheKnife
Nikkei
StonedRambler
Nikkei
Nikkei

and just as cool right after that when they come in late for the bridge Keith exclaims "Bastards!"

They'd figured he was mike-bound. Very wrong. I know that working with these things is strictly prohibited within 15 feet of people. Especially in this situation the confetti could have been blown into peoples eyes with tremendous force. Brooms always worked fine.

To me Keith comes across as a deranged old man who barely can play anymore but still finds the need to reprimand his crew members. But each to their own I guess.

The Stage Hands should have waited until the end of Keith’s set. That was unprofessional of them. A brief pause before Mick reappeared would be very acceptable

Yes the should have - Keith actually shows some restraint, and thankfully he wasn't completely thrown off guard to the point of stopping the show all together.
Saying he came across as a "deranged old man who barely can play anymore" sounds bit unfair considering the circumstances.

Date: June 3, 2022 23:36

bam
keefriffhards
. . . is this going to start a discussion about hidden behind the stage guitarists again
Nah. Blondie’s busy. He’s starting another tour with Brian Wilson on Tuesday. grinning smiley

Haha, no it wasn't Blondie last tour it was the invisible man who lives under the stage playing all Keith's good stuff grinning smiley

Date: June 3, 2022 23:53

RaiseTheKnife
Nikkei
StonedRambler
Nikkei
Nikkei

I hope to God if I'm alive at age 78 i become a demented old man like Keith selling out Stadiums playing high-octain Rock for 2 hour 15 minutes without a break.

We've heard it all before since 81' Keith's brain is fried, he can't hear, he's had a stroke, he can't play and sing at the same time blah blah blah, no he's actually very switched on for his age and playing and singing as good as he was 20 years ago .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-04 00:15 by keefriffhards.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 25 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home