Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 24 of 27
Re: Madrid Spain 01-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 2, 2022 23:18

Nikkei
BV is right on all of these pictures there is not much light over the stage

Yes! It is the first time I went to a Rolling Stones concert where they didn't have people with spots on the light towers. This Made a huge difference. I wonder if this is to lower costs?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 2, 2022 23:23

hockenheim95
Nikkei
BV is right on all of these pictures there is not much light over the stage

Yes! It is the first time I went to a Rolling Stones concert where they didn't have people with spots on the light towers. This Made a huge difference. I wonder if this is to lower costs?

Like the stage itself, I would assume so.

Hopefully Keith and Ronnie aren't cutting costs by using cheap guitar strings!

Posted by: dierdz ()
Date: June 2, 2022 23:26

StonedRambler
dierdz
Guys, as I told you before, I wasn’t disrespectful. When somebody said @#$%& off, I said sorry and stayed back. I know how it works for you.

Im just telling you how it works for us, and the differences I saw yesterday. I saw several discussions. And Spain had a lot of immigrants from South America, particularly from Argentina.

It is not ok, I know. But I was surprised by the people attitude. Used to see a different thing in my experience in America.

If you have the opportunity go to Argentina for a Rolling Stone gig. Get a seat ticket, because in the pit you could be really upset if you're so respectful. But it could be the best show in your life. Check it, please.

video: [youtu.be]

Peace and Rolling Stones for everybody. Cheers!
Well, if that's the way things work in Argentina I'm not buying a seat but I will come 5 minutes before the show and then get myself a nice spot right at the front. If that's how it's done and everybodys fine with that, pretty cool! Thanks for letting me know. Guess all the other people who come earlier just do that because it's fun and for the atmosphere of queuing up.

(Pretty sure that's also not how it works in Argentina. Never been there but maybe Christiano or someone else can tell us)

It is what it is, folk! Don’t get angry with me, I’m just telling you how it works. Don’t take it personal, I know how to behave and I never had a problem. I’m an adult and I follow the stones a long time ago too.

Have a good night!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 2, 2022 23:45

Alwyn Welch review

"Keith I think played as well, and probably better, than any show on the last tour – and that was very good indeed, better than for a decade or more. His singing, his no-smoking voice, is as good as 50 years ago."

snoopy2
Just read the first two reports, and wow, as BV mentions, the floor looked packed in those pics.. Looking fwd to catching a show soon

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 23:48 by powerage78.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 2, 2022 23:46

Gazza
jazzbass
MisterO
Gazza
treaclefingers
According to Rolling Stone, first time in a concert setting...Out Of Time:

Mick introduced it as a live premiere. According to Bill's 'Rolling with the Stones', however, it was played on the Sep/Oct 1966 UK tour. I'll go with Bill.

I recall Mick introducing 'Melody' at Shepherds Bush in 1999 as a song they'd never done live but of course it was played at El Mocambo.

'Out of time' is a song I've always wanted them to play live as I've always felt it would be great in a stadium as a singalong. Great to see it unearthed at last. They did a very good job of it too.

Mick also said on opening night in Washington DC in 93 "Here's one we have never played live" and it was hot stuff, which of course id on Love you Live.....lol
Before tonight, Setlist.fm had no listings for Out of Time having been played live. Their site is all fan driven so that doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that no fans have reported that they were at a gig where it did. But they are usually pretty reliable.

I've been doing a setlists page on Rocks Off since about 2006. setlistfm get a lot of their info from that.

We havent updated that page until recently (its not quite finished but we've been working on it for about a year on and off and some of it is now updated). Its very hard to get setlists prior to 1969 as there are so few recordings but whilst there was previously no documentation of it having ever been performed, more info has come to light since it was last updated and that was Bill's 'rolling with the stones' book which lists it amongst the songs played on the UK tour in september/october 1966. I've personally always found it hard to imagine they wouldnt have played that song that year as it was a highlight of 'Aftermath' and a number 1 single for Chris Farlowe so I'm happy enough to lean towards Bill as a more reliable source of info on this occasion.

Mick and Keith (I’m guessing. Has he mentioned either way?) think yesterday was the first time they’ve ever played it and Bill Wyman can’t even narrow it down to a specific month, but you believe Bill?

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 3, 2022 01:11

The Glimmer Twins on the opening night of the SIXTY tour! Next stop Munich

Photo: Dave Hogan

Date: June 3, 2022 01:35

bye bye johnny

Getty

Fantastic pic, and there's many more here in the official show page -Madrid.
Looking forward to more pics and reviews from those who were there.thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 17:07 by Hairball.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 3, 2022 01:47

NashvilleBlues
Gazza
jazzbass
MisterO
Gazza
treaclefingers
According to Rolling Stone, first time in a concert setting...Out Of Time:

Mick introduced it as a live premiere. According to Bill's 'Rolling with the Stones', however, it was played on the Sep/Oct 1966 UK tour. I'll go with Bill.

I recall Mick introducing 'Melody' at Shepherds Bush in 1999 as a song they'd never done live but of course it was played at El Mocambo.

'Out of time' is a song I've always wanted them to play live as I've always felt it would be great in a stadium as a singalong. Great to see it unearthed at last. They did a very good job of it too.

Mick also said on opening night in Washington DC in 93 "Here's one we have never played live" and it was hot stuff, which of course id on Love you Live.....lol
Before tonight, Setlist.fm had no listings for Out of Time having been played live. Their site is all fan driven so that doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that no fans have reported that they were at a gig where it did. But they are usually pretty reliable.

I've been doing a setlists page on Rocks Off since about 2006. setlistfm get a lot of their info from that.

We havent updated that page until recently (its not quite finished but we've been working on it for about a year on and off and some of it is now updated). Its very hard to get setlists prior to 1969 as there are so few recordings but whilst there was previously no documentation of it having ever been performed, more info has come to light since it was last updated and that was Bill's 'rolling with the stones' book which lists it amongst the songs played on the UK tour in september/october 1966. I've personally always found it hard to imagine they wouldnt have played that song that year as it was a highlight of 'Aftermath' and a number 1 single for Chris Farlowe so I'm happy enough to lean towards Bill as a more reliable source of info on this occasion.

Mick and Keith (I’m guessing. Has he mentioned either way?) think yesterday was the first time they’ve ever played it and Bill Wyman can’t even narrow it down to a specific month, but you believe Bill?

Mick's hopeless with these kind of things. The same Mick who claimed at Shepherds Bush theyd never played 'Melody' before? Go check out your copy of El Mocambo... And the same Mick who gave up writing his autobiography in the 1980's partly because he could hardly remember stuff.

Bill's the band's historian and the most reliable eye witness of all of them. Everybody knows that. Hes not unable to 'narrow it down to a specific month'. The tour RAN from September - October 1966. He made a note of the songs played during the tour as he did for each tour in the rest of his book. If he was doing so for each show, the book would have been five times the size it was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 01:48 by Gazza.

Re: Madrid Spain 01-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Date: June 3, 2022 02:09

Thanks for posting bye bye johnny.
bye bye johnny
ES-PEC-TA-CU-LAR!

@Metropolitano:

[twitter.com]

I'm always amazed at these massive stadium shots from the far reaches of the back of venue and/or the upper levels.
This particular one has a sci-fi vibe to it giving the impression of a giant flying saucer floating through space filled with tens of thousands of people...
people who are preparing to watch and listen to the Rolling Stones live...2,000 light years from home....Next stop; The Twilight Zone...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 02:10 by Hairball.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 3, 2022 02:36

snoopy2
Just read the first two reports, and wow, as BV mentions, the floor looked packed in those pics.. Looking fwd to catching a show soon

But I thought the ticket sales were slow. Isn't that what was reported. (Note the sarcasm)

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 3, 2022 02:39

Gazza
Bill's the band's historian and the most reliable eye witness of all of them. Everybody knows that. Hes not unable to 'narrow it down to a specific month'. The tour RAN from September - October 1966. He made a note of the songs played during the tour as he did for each tour in the rest of his book. If he was doing so for each show, the book would have been five times the size it was.

Are you saying that he has the exact date in his notes but not in his book?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 02:41 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: June 3, 2022 03:08

Its quite possible. As his numerous books show, he was very anal about this stuff. All I know is he recorded that it was played on that particular tour.

If he's devoting two pages to memorabilia about a tour that lasted over two weeks, it would be a bit pointless and boring to list a setlist from all of them. The Stones had played almost 1,000 shows by that stage of their career (they played 88 in 1966 - they were starting to cut down by then). I doubt listing setlists from every one of them would be of much interest to the average reader.

Bill said long ago that one of the reasons he started documenting stuff was because when he joined the Stones he had a young son and thought it would be nice to show him stuff when he got older about the time his dad was in a band and was on TV etc. It just got a bit out of hand I suppose and as no one else in the band was interested in keeping this stuff together he took the task on himself.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 03:12 by Gazza.

Date: June 3, 2022 03:24

Maybe an insider or personal friend of Bill has some significant info. and/or is able to bring up the subject with him for clarification.
I'm sure he'd happily be ready and willing to dig deep in order to help set the record straight and solve the mystery, and might even reveal more "secrets" if given the opportunity.
Have to say it's a bit surprising though that there isn't any absolute confirmation when practically every other trivial minutiae from the band has been documented.
Similar to the Beatles history where seemingly ever single minute of every single day of every year of their existence has been documented.
Surely there has to be an answer as to whether the Stones have ever played Out of Time before...or maybe not?!!!

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: June 3, 2022 03:38

Nikkei
StonedRambler
Nikkei
Nikkei
"Slip away, pal" is obviously an instant classic [www.youtube.com]

and just as cool right after that when they come in late for the bridge Keith exclaims "Bastards!"
Keith's set is the new spot for cleaning the stage grinning smiley

They'd figured he was mike-bound. Very wrong. I know that working with these things is strictly prohibited within 15 feet of people. Especially in this situation the confetti could have been blown into peoples eyes with tremendous force. Brooms always worked fine.

To me Keith comes across as a deranged old man who barely can play anymore but still finds the need to reprimand his crew members. But each to their own I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 03:41 by RaiseTheKnife.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 3, 2022 03:46

mattleeuk
Out of Time - from the best place in the house

Out of Time

Great sound on that, Matt! Where you standing right on stage? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 3, 2022 04:13

Any good "Out Of Time" videos out there

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: June 3, 2022 04:18

Hairball
Maybe an insider or personal friend of Bill has some significant info. and/or is able to bring up the subject with him for clarification.
I'm sure he'd happily be ready and willing to dig deep in order to help set the record straight and solve the mystery, and might even reveal more "secrets" if given the opportunity.
Have to say it's a bit surprising though that there isn't any absolute confirmation when practically every other trivial minutiae from the band has been documented.
Similar to the Beatles history where seemingly ever single minute of every single day of every year of their existence has been documented.
Surely there has to be an answer as to whether the Stones have ever played Out of Time before...or maybe not?!!!

Believe me, there are plenty of details from that era which are hard to document. Look at the 1971 tour for example - a later period, where bootlegs were starting to become commonplace. Hardly a recording exists from that tour (understandable to a degree, the venues were very small) and even getting verification of setlists is very problematic.

There are only something like ten concerts from the Brian Jones era - out of over 1,000 shows - where there is a recording. And only one of them is from the US (the very last one in Honolulu 1966). I think if he's listed that OOT was performed on a particular tour then thats as close to 'clarification' as we're likely to get - unless there's someone out there reading this who was at a show where it was performed and recalls hearing it.

Date: June 3, 2022 04:21

colonial

see the post above yours which quotes Matt's link to his video. very nicely filmed as ever.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 3, 2022 04:28

Gazza
colonial

see the post above yours which quotes Matt's link to his video. very nicely filmed as ever.

yea, seem them all

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 04:35

The Midnight Rambler is not very good.

Date: June 3, 2022 07:24

Please delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 07:25 by jumpingjackflash5.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 3, 2022 07:35

Gazza
Its quite possible. As his numerous books show, he was very anal about this stuff. All I know is he recorded that it was played on that particular tour.

If he's devoting two pages to memorabilia about a tour that lasted over two weeks, it would be a bit pointless and boring to list a setlist from all of them. The Stones had played almost 1,000 shows by that stage of their career (they played 88 in 1966 - they were starting to cut down by then). I doubt listing setlists from every one of them would be of much interest to the average reader.

Bill said long ago that one of the reasons he started documenting stuff was because when he joined the Stones he had a young son and thought it would be nice to show him stuff when he got older about the time his dad was in a band and was on TV etc. It just got a bit out of hand I suppose and as no one else in the band was interested in keeping this stuff together he took the task on himself.

"Out of Time" is not mentioned in "Stone Alone".

In "Rolling With The Stones" there are several mentions. The key one is on P244 where Bill lists the songs played on the Sept-Oct 1966 UK Tour.

As mentioned elsewhere, Bill is famously fussy about accuracy, so if he has noted it in his book, then it's a valid assumption that it's accurate. You question his accuracy at your peril!

His diaries - which are extensive and detailed - would say which dates it was played on. (For reasons unclear, there was a short period early this century when he put up chunks of his diary onto his web site. Those that I grabbed are VERY detailed. He stopped doing it after a while and the pages vanished.)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 3, 2022 08:03

Well who cares if Out of Time was played in 1966 or not? There are no audio or video recordings of it, and it's more than 50 years ago. Now we finally have an OoT live version we can listen to and enjoy.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 3, 2022 08:09

OK well no one said that they played Sas Sad Sad with mick not playing guitar. That's a first. The song works way better is Mick freed up

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 08:12 by Justin.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 08:32

Justin
OK well no one said that they played Sas Sad Sad with mick not playing guitar. That's a first. The song works way better is Mick freed up

[m.youtube.com]

He didn't play guitar last year in Tampa either

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 08:49 by hockenheim95.

Date: June 3, 2022 09:04

I found SSS the worst performance of the evening. They will probably rotate that one so that's great.

very impressed by Keith who is moving around more and playing more. Riffing very hard on SFM. Fantastic. Can't wait for Munchen

Posted by: Dolf ()
Date: June 3, 2022 09:54

Stones in Madrid

Finally after covid the Stones are back in Europe. My first show without Charlie. I have had some serious mixed emotions about the death of Charlie, the continuation of the band etc. But after the Amsterdam rehearsals and the Stones being in Holland I knew there still was a big love in me for this band.

The Stones started out late 22:15 and opened strong with Street Fighting Man. Next was a unheard live tune for me 19th Nervous Breakdown, was a great rocker!

Highlight of the evening was Out of time! To be Honest I was a bit sceptical about this song, but the magic was there! During the song Jagger out did himself as a rock n roll star! He and the band Pushed this song to a higer level. Like Bambi on Ice it became instantly to a great sing along crowd pleaser! Was a magic moment!

Other memorable moments were the actual pictures of Ukraine war shown during Gimme Shelter. And there was a strange moment at the start of Satisfaction. Keith and Ron were not ready with their guitars and already the famous notes of the song could be heard? Seemed like some sort of backing tape was playing? I was wondering of other attenders of the show noticed this?

Overall a great show especially considering the age of Jagger Richards and Wood! A beautifull memorial and respect to Charlie Watts. Jordon does a Nice job replacing Charlie. Yes he drums different as Charlie but then again an icon as Charlie can’t be duplicated.

It’s the Stones in 2022, they still rock!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: June 3, 2022 12:16

And there was a strange moment at the start of Satisfaction. Keith and Ron were not ready with their guitars and already the famous notes of the song could be heard? Seemed like some sort of backing tape was playing? I was wondering of other attenders of the show noticed this?

just no

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 12:19

ProfessorWolf

And there was a strange moment at the start of Satisfaction. Keith and Ron were not ready with their guitars and already the famous notes of the song could be heard? Seemed like some sort of backing tape was playing? I was wondering of other attenders of the show noticed this?

just no
Its probably Matt Clifford you are hearing

Posted by: dierdz ()
Date: June 3, 2022 12:19

Hello, friends! Now with a question about merch. This time I couldn't find the typical t-shirt with the city poster. Only one with a tongue with the colors of Spain. Are they not selling that line of t-shirts anymore? Does anyone know? Thanks!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 24 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home