Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 23 of 27
Re: Madrid Spain 01-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: icke66 ()
Date: June 2, 2022 20:35

what a night! What a band! I'm grateful to see the Band playing so fantastic in their age. We all really miss Charlie but Steve did a great job again! My highlights were OoT, Sleeping.. and SfM. If i could wish something it would be OoT in the next shows too among MLH. Also "Take it or leave it" could work very well to sing along. Can't wait for Hyde Park, Brussels and Paris and maybe a little more.

Many Thanks to Juan for his fantastic work!

Posted by: icke66 ()
Date: June 2, 2022 20:37

@ Stoned rambler: sorry... i mean the Thread opener! Have some issues with the answer function..

Posted by: dierdz ()
Date: June 2, 2022 20:41

I think it is about cultural differences. Americans and Europeans, we have different concepts about it.

Check this video,

video: [youtu.be]

Imagine what could happen there if you try to block someone with your elbow.

I was respectful and tried to no bother anyone. Asking permission. I know how it works here so I didn’t be aggressive. I went as far as i could without bother anybody.

But I still thinking, are not seats. If you are in the pit you have to be flexible and not violent. Because you could get a problem.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 2, 2022 20:46

I don't know if this was already posted but there's some pro-shot footage on this video.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 2, 2022 20:52

Nikkei
"Slip away, pal" is obviously an instant classic [www.youtube.com]

and just as cool right after that when they come in late for the bridge Keith exclaims "Bastards!"

Date: June 2, 2022 20:57

What a lovely pic!! #Stones4Ever!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: June 2, 2022 21:05

Topi
Surprised to hear that the Spanish crowd was subdued. Well, I guess compared to Argentinians? smiling smiley
It was no Buenos Aires 1995. But it was easily the best Stones crowd ive seen. All of them have been in Europe.
I was sitting Ronnie side near the gold circle/ga line. And people were standing and dancing during the whole show even in the seats. I saw no one sitting no one was behaving badly. Just 60-70k people having a blast with the best soundtrack you could possibly imagine.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 2, 2022 21:11

dierdz
I think it is about cultural differences. Americans and Europeans, we have different concepts about it.

Check this video,

I was respectful and tried to no bother anyone. Asking permission. I know how it works here so I didn’t be aggressive. I went as far as i could without bother anybody.

But I still thinking, are not seats. If you are in the pit you have to be flexible and not violent. Because you could get a problem.

I've never been to a concert in South America but obviously the whole thing wouldn't work peacefully if everyone who came late would just push their way to the front. Only works if a few egoistic ones do it (might be they go unnoticed easier in South America when the whole crowd is jumpin). But if everyone would do it just would not work. It cannot be everyone in the front. Just physically it isn't possible.

Also your whole logic with "everyone is in the same pit and has the same ticket, there are no seats" makes no sense. You being at the front is only possible if the others are behind you. And if you think it is okay that others are behind you but don't think it is okay that you are behind others - well then that's the definition of what's egoism is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 21:12 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: June 2, 2022 21:13

What comes to pit etiquet.

First come first serve. You can ask someone to hold your place while you go to the bathroom, if someone is nice it can work. But drinking beer in the hallway until 5mins before showtime and the demanding to be frontrow is very rude.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: June 2, 2022 21:14

dierdz

Check this video,

"Imagine what could happen...". Not a very respectful remark, seems more like a threat. I definitely think there is something wrong with you man.
"Once the show started, I wanted to go to the front". Yeah right dude, we all want to do that. Except, most of us don't, because we learnt manners. You have to be 'flexible' in the PIT? Come on, you can't be serious. Hope we don't meet in the PIT, because I'm not that flexible.

Date: June 2, 2022 21:19

This is sort of funny

Posted by: Gram ()
Date: June 2, 2022 21:19

DiegoGlimmerStones

[twitter.com]

Wow - what a great photo of Keith

Date: June 2, 2022 21:21

Nikkei
Nikkei

and just as cool right after that when they come in late for the bridge Keith exclaims "Bastards!"
Keith's set is the new spot for cleaning the stage grinning smiley

Date: June 2, 2022 21:22

Gram
DiegoGlimmerStones

[twitter.com]

Wow - what a great photo of Keith
fan-tas-tic!

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 2, 2022 21:24

The band's on stage and is one of those nights....yesterday was one of those nights
And the drummer thinks he is dynamite.....and the rest of the band as well
I feel very Happy

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 2, 2022 21:24

Cristiano Radtke
I don't know if this was already posted but there's some pro-shot footage on this video.

thumbs up

Reminiscent of the footage that was shot at Vredenburg for a news story on Dutch televison.
Still have hopes they release a video of this concert in full some day...

Date: June 2, 2022 21:26

Even more pro-shot, without talking:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 21:31 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 2, 2022 21:36

It's been years since I've tried to get near the front in a GA gig (too short, too female and now too old) but the rule (in the UK) is that you get the best spot you can for your arrival time, and while you are standing on it, it is yours and you have the right not to be shoved off it by somebody who thinks he is entitled to barge his way to the front. If you leave it, you probably have to start again.

Date: June 2, 2022 21:37

StonedRambler
Nikkei
Nikkei

They'd figured he was mike-bound. Very wrong. I know that working with these things is strictly prohibited within 15 feet of people. Especially in this situation the confetti could have been blown into peoples eyes with tremendous force. Brooms always worked fine.

Posted by: z ()
Date: June 2, 2022 21:42

StonedRambler
Nikkei
Nikkei

They were lucky to catch him without his Telecaster...
What the fu¢k were they doing there?!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 2, 2022 21:49

jazzbass
MisterO
Gazza
treaclefingers
According to Rolling Stone, first time in a concert setting...Out Of Time:

Mick introduced it as a live premiere. According to Bill's 'Rolling with the Stones', however, it was played on the Sep/Oct 1966 UK tour. I'll go with Bill.

I recall Mick introducing 'Melody' at Shepherds Bush in 1999 as a song they'd never done live but of course it was played at El Mocambo.

'Out of time' is a song I've always wanted them to play live as I've always felt it would be great in a stadium as a singalong. Great to see it unearthed at last. They did a very good job of it too.

Mick also said on opening night in Washington DC in 93 "Here's one we have never played live" and it was hot stuff, which of course id on Love you Live.....lol
Before tonight, Setlist.fm had no listings for Out of Time having been played live. Their site is all fan driven so that doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that no fans have reported that they were at a gig where it did. But they are usually pretty reliable.

I've been doing a setlists page on Rocks Off since about 2006. setlistfm get a lot of their info from that.

We havent updated that page until recently (its not quite finished but we've been working on it for about a year on and off and some of it is now updated). Its very hard to get setlists prior to 1969 as there are so few recordings but whilst there was previously no documentation of it having ever been performed, more info has come to light since it was last updated and that was Bill's 'rolling with the stones' book which lists it amongst the songs played on the UK tour in september/october 1966. I've personally always found it hard to imagine they wouldnt have played that song that year as it was a highlight of 'Aftermath' and a number 1 single for Chris Farlowe so I'm happy enough to lean towards Bill as a more reliable source of info on this occasion.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 2, 2022 22:06

It was the first show I saw without Charlie.
Steve Jordan does an incredible job. I was never entousiast with Darry's style, but Steve is a treat.
In short, Steve plays a lot like Charlie in the sixties. He has a very smart use of the tom-tom, as Charlie did with 19th NB, Get Off My Cloud, or yesterday, with the first ever live version of Out of Time. So, yes, it's really Charlie's spirit, like he played in the sixties, rolling a lot with fills on the tom-toms.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 22:08 by The Joker.

Posted by: dierdz ()
Date: June 2, 2022 22:10

Guys, as I told you before, I wasn’t disrespectful. When somebody said @#$%& off, I said sorry and stayed back. I know how it works for you.

Im just telling you how it works for us, and the differences I saw yesterday. I saw several discussions. And Spain had a lot of immigrants from South America, particularly from Argentina.

It is not ok, I know. But I was surprised by the people attitude. Used to see a different thing in my experience in America.

If you have the opportunity go to Argentina for a Rolling Stone gig. Get a seat ticket, because in the pit you could be really upset if you're so respectful. But it could be the best show in your life. Check it, please.

Peace and Rolling Stones for everybody. Cheers!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 2, 2022 22:20

When in Rome, do as the Romans do...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 2, 2022 22:37

The IORR Madrid reports pages have been updated with pictures and reviews:

The Rolling Stones
Wanda Metropolitano
Madrid Spain
Wednesday June 1, 2022

Picture by Hendrik Mulder:

Picture by Jan Veeken:

Bjornulf

Date: June 2, 2022 22:41

What a fantastic gig. Just amazing.

Date: June 2, 2022 22:57

dierdz
Guys, as I told you before, I wasn’t disrespectful. When somebody said @#$%& off, I said sorry and stayed back. I know how it works for you.

Im just telling you how it works for us, and the differences I saw yesterday. I saw several discussions. And Spain had a lot of immigrants from South America, particularly from Argentina.

It is not ok, I know. But I was surprised by the people attitude. Used to see a different thing in my experience in America.

If you have the opportunity go to Argentina for a Rolling Stone gig. Get a seat ticket, because in the pit you could be really upset if you're so respectful. But it could be the best show in your life. Check it, please.

Well, if that's the way things work in Argentina I'm not buying a seat but I will come 5 minutes before the show and then get myself a nice spot right at the front. If that's how it's done and everybodys fine with that, pretty cool! Thanks for letting me know. Guess all the other people who come earlier just do that because it's fun and for the atmosphere of queuing up.

(Pretty sure that's also not how it works in Argentina. Never been there but maybe Christiano or someone else can tell us)

Date: June 2, 2022 23:00

BV is right on all of these pictures there is not much light over the stage

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 2, 2022 23:14

Just read the first two reports, and wow, as BV mentions, the floor looked packed in those pics.. Looking fwd to catching a show soon

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 2, 2022 23:14

StonedRambler
dierdz

Well, if that's the way things work in Argentina I'm not buying a seat but I will come 5 minutes before the show and then get myself a nice spot right at the front. If that's how it's done and everybodys fine with that, pretty cool! Thanks for letting me know. Guess all the other people who come earlier just do that because it's fun and for the atmosphere of queuing up.

(Pretty sure that's also not how it works in Argentina. Never been there but maybe Christiano or someone else can tell us)

"Buenos Aires is different."

Charlie, on "Salt of the Earth" documentary.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 23 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home