Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 22 of 27
Madrid Spain 01-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 2, 2022 17:21

Dave J Hogan/Getty Images

Re: Madrid Spain 01-Jun-2022 The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour live show updates
Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: June 2, 2022 17:25

Absolutely awesome show! Next stop for us is Milan, but ww will watch all the streaming...keep posting please!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 2, 2022 17:27

Those last two pictures of Keith and Mick are INCREDIBLE! 2022 indeed!
Thanks bye bye johnny!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 2, 2022 17:29

Surprised to hear that the Spanish crowd was subdued. Well, I guess compared to Argentinians? smiling smiley

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 2, 2022 17:30

My 9th Stones concert since urban jungle. During last 15 years i thought they were done
Yesterdays concert maybe has been the best. As a guitar player i have been very critic with Richards during these years
Last night was my best ever Keith's experience
Great great performance, with no major catatrophic Keith's related events.
More than fantastic. I'll never forget this night.
Thank you Jesús, thank you Lord

Date: June 2, 2022 17:31

HANS KLAUS TECHT/AFP

Date: June 2, 2022 17:32

HANS KLAUS TECHT/AFP

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 2, 2022 17:32

Kurt
Those last two pictures of Keith and Mick are INCREDIBLE! 2022 indeed!
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 17:37 by MartinB.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: June 2, 2022 17:38

One of the great shows, aided by:

- The great city of Madrid
- A fantastic (relatively new) stadium with lots of space around the stadium (you will see a difference at Anfield next week and even Munich’s 1972 Olympiastadion). The best venue of the tour along with the Lyon, Gelsenkirchen and Stockholm stadia.

- a brilliant ‘youthful’ crowd. Lots of two-generation groups but most people had non-grey hair… Maybe slightly less boisterous than Madrid 2014 but still very ‘bouncy’, Ole Ole, and everyone was loving it. Ticket prices mean the loud mouths and drunks are kept out, perhaps (not a bad thing?!) - and Spain is a very civilised country. I’ll be surprised if there’s a livelier crowd than Madrid in the rest of the tour, ultimately.

- set list fantastico - second half will never change now and for 90% of the audience that won’t matter a jot.
- Out of Time was pure magic. Didn’t think it was gonna happen ‘there’ but it did. A couple of violinists joining it in London would be the only thing that could improve it. As noted above, the crowd took one verse to really really get into it. Amazing they give this ‘number one’ away 56 years ago.
- the sound is up a notch from No Filter and the rehearsals paid off.
- there is still real edge to many of these songs
- The Spanish papers have referred to the quality of the show as being evidence that miracles do exist - I just think that Jagger (in particular) makes this happen by being the most professional person I’ve never ‘known’ and standards cannot slip. Incredible, yes, but he and the band have never really let anyone down in the last 10 years since they came back at the O2.
- Keith’s HTW open G plucking - possibly the loudest I’ve ever heard it
- Beast of Burden was nailed - impressive for 1st night. Keith in vest - brilliant.
- the Ukraine support/references were done as appropriately as possible in Gimme shelter, and the choice of encore clothing.
- Metro service after the show back into the city was well organised - thank God!
- late start at 10.15 - they’re always slightly better shows in the dark.
- midnight Rambler - I always think, how many people at the show have even heard this song before. But it’s their live masterpiece and even better than it ever was.
- Living in a ghost town went down really well - some were singing it on the way out.
- after lockdowns etc etc Europe is extremely grateful that the greatest feel-good rock n roll music is back again and better than ever

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 17:48 by StonesSmeth99.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 2, 2022 17:38

It is surprising or not very reassuring for the shows to come, because the Spanish audience is one of the most enthusiastic in the world with the Argentinean public for example...

dierdz
The band is incredible, I think Steve Jordan is giving them a bit more of rock. Guitars are heavier and the band sounds solid. A few mistakes, but probably because the boys age.

I was quite disappointed with the European public. It was my first show in Europe and the audience seemed to be watching a movie instead of a rock and roll show.

They got annoyed if you jumped or shouted. They were bothered by the flags and stood still all the concert.

The show in the pit was given by the Argentinians and Uruguayans. They may be different ways of experiencing music and passion, but come on! It's a rock and roll show! A bit of emotion and madness.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 17:39 by powerage78.

Date: June 2, 2022 17:41

Topi
Surprised to hear that the Spanish crowd was subdued. Well, I guess compared to Argentinians? smiling smiley

It was not subdued.

Date: June 2, 2022 17:47

MartinB
Topi

It was not subdued.

OK, I was referring to dierdz's message above about the crowd being like they were at the movies instead of a concert.

Posted by: dierdz ()
Date: June 2, 2022 17:51

powerage78
It is surprising or not very reassuring for the shows to come, because the Spanish audience is one of the most enthusiastic in the world with the Argentinean public for example...

dierdz
The band is incredible, I think Steve Jordan is giving them a bit more of rock. Guitars are heavier and the band sounds solid. A few mistakes, but probably because the boys age.

I was quite disappointed with the European public. It was my first show in Europe and the audience seemed to be watching a movie instead of a rock and roll show.

They got annoyed if you jumped or shouted. They were bothered by the flags and stood still all the concert.

The show in the pit was given by the Argentinians and Uruguayans. They may be different ways of experiencing music and passion, but come on! It's a rock and roll show! A bit of emotion and madness.

Being fair, I was in the Diamond Pit. There was full of old people and and non-Spanish Europeans. Is not the best place to be with the crowd, I think.

But anyway, some people was very cold and very hostile. They got upset if you jumped, sang or shouted. Looking with a bad face and even arguing.

Date: June 2, 2022 17:54

Another BIG thing was, the people thinking they got a numbered seat in a pit. When I tried to move to the front I received comment like "this is my place". And all we have the same ticket, not a SEAT. That was annoying.

Date: June 2, 2022 18:02

Well, generally people in the pit who got there earlier (possibly having lined up all day) will not appreciate if you try to make your way to the front. That's just normal pit etiquette IMO.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 18:03 by Topi.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 2, 2022 18:04

dierdz
Another BIG thing was, the people thinking they got a numbered seat in a pit. When I tried to move to the front I received comment like "this is my place". And all we have the same ticket, not a SEAT. That was annoying.
Sorry to correct you on this one, but if a person queued for hours to get a good spot in the front then it is their spot. If you come later you have no right to push to the front.

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: June 2, 2022 18:13

StonedRambler
dierdz
Sorry to correct you on this one, but if a person queued for hours to get a good spot in the front then it is their spot. If you come later you have no right to push to the front.

I was in the pit yesterday with my wife and dauhter and we queued since 4p.m, and in the middle of the show there were people who tried to get in front of us or to make room by pushing us, that's something that I can't understand.

Date: June 2, 2022 18:17

StonedRambler
dierdz

While it's true, in reality it doesn't work that way. When you go to a show you have to be ready for those things to happen to you.You can't be aggressive.

We all have the same ticket and it is not numbered. No one has the right to take over a place, no matter how early they have arrived. It is a pit, not a theater.

At least in my experience, which is not small, it works this way. I don't think I am absolutely right and neither are you. But in South America if you speak badly to someone because of this they will kick you in the ass more than once.

goingmad
StonedRambler
dierdz

I was in the pit yesterday with my wife and dauhter and we queued since 4p.m, and in the middle of the show there were people who tried to get in front of us or to make room by pushing us, that's something that I can't understand.

I was queued since early too, but I stayed at the back drinking beer. Once the show started I wanted to go to the front. I probably arrived at the same time than you. Probably is a cultural difference, here the people is more respectful than in our land. Which is great, but they are incompatibilities. Yesterday I saw a few discussions of people for this very thing.

Anyway, it is rock and roll.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 18:21 by dierdz.

Date: June 2, 2022 18:39

Pit, while general admission, is first come, first serve. It's just common courtesy to respect other people's spots and not elbow/force your way up front.

Date: June 2, 2022 18:40

dierdz
StonedRambler
dierdz

While it's true, in reality it doesn't work that way. When you go to a show you have to be ready for those things to happen to you.You can't be aggressive.

We all have the same ticket and it is not numbered. No one has the right to take over a place, no matter how early they have arrived. It is a pit, not a theater.

At least in my experience, which is not small, it works this way. I don't think I am absolutely right and neither are you. But in South America if you speak badly to someone because of this they will kick you in the ass more than once.

goingmad
StonedRambler
dierdz

I was queued since early too, but I stayed at the back drinking beer. Once the show started I wanted to go to the front. I probably arrived at the same time than you. Probably is a cultural difference, here the people is more respectful than in our land. Which is great, but they are incompatibilities. Yesterday I saw a few discussions of people for this very thing.

No it's not okay. Definitely not. In a civilized society it's not the law of the strongest that applies. And especially not pushing to the front with an aggressive behavior. If all people would do that it would all be one big chaos. The others are not respectful? If one person is disrespectful here it's the one pushing to the front. How can some people think that is allowed? If I'm at the front and have people like that I call security. Most of the time they take care of it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 18:50 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: June 2, 2022 18:46

Topi
Pit, while general admission, is first come, first serve. It's just common courtesy to respect other people's spots and not elbow/force your way up front.
thumbs up

Date: June 2, 2022 18:48

ES-PEC-TA-CU-LAR!

@Metropolitano:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: June 2, 2022 19:14

erad
Can't wait to watch the vids as they are uploaded. I don't wanna complain about the set list too much but the second part of the set could do with a change up, it's been basically the same for years now.

My thoughts as well.

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: June 2, 2022 19:30

All positive here, I watched the show via the streamed feeds and thought everything was perfect.
No reason for comparisons of musicians or stages or set lists
I’m grateful that we still have them playing as they approach their 80’s.
Tom in NC

Date: June 2, 2022 19:41

goingmad
StonedRambler
dierdz

I was in the pit yesterday with my wife and daughter and we queued since 4p.m, and in the middle of the show there were people who tried to get in front of us or to make room by pushing us, that's something that I can't understand.

The PIT can be quite dangerous! I was knocked down in Nashville and my friend was knocked down in Detroit. People rush the stage area who don't get the concept of first ones in get the front. There was also a PIT fight in Vegas, so if you want PIT you have to be able to "stand your ground" and tell people to step back and basically fvck off.

Date: June 2, 2022 19:51

BitchKeepsBitchin
goingmad
StonedRambler
dierdz

I was in the pit yesterday with my wife and daughter and we queued since 4p.m, and in the middle of the show there were people who tried to get in front of us or to make room by pushing us, that's something that I can't understand.

The PIT can be quite dangerous! I was knocked down in Nashville and my friend was knocked down in Detroit. People rush the stage area who don't get the concept of first ones in get the front. There was also a PIT fight in Vegas, so if you want PIT you have to be able to "stand your ground" and tell people to step back and basically fvck off.
That's brutal. Of course it is never the humble, shy ones who push forward and also barely women but mostly men with a much too high aggression and testosterone rate. Had one at the ACDC concert in 2015 who was proud that shortly before showtime he managed to push through 60.000 or so people (all GA), including sneaking over the wavebreaker, all to the front. Was so agressive though that nobody dared to get into a fight with him.

Posted by: Gram ()
Date: June 2, 2022 20:08

dierdz
StonedRambler
dierdz

goingmad
StonedRambler
dierdz

My rock n roll prerogative is to stand my ground at the front and not let you barge me out of the way after you’ve been drinking beer all afternoon. So, what happens next?

Posted by: icke66 ()
Date: June 2, 2022 20:17

So people like you with that kind of egoism shouldn't be in the pit area

Date: June 2, 2022 20:24

icke66
So people like you with that kind of egoism shouldn't be in the pit area
You're switching the roles. The egoists are not the ones who stood in queue all day to get a got spot and then have to defend their spot. The egoists are the ones coming late pushing to the front.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 20:24 by StonedRambler.

Date: June 2, 2022 20:26

They sold too many diamond pit tickets for Madrid. Too many people, some of them aggressive. I saw several ubpleasant incidents in pit B.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 22 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1724
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home