Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

For those not going to the first few shows
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: June 1, 2022 03:16

Like a lot of fans, I am not making the first few shows. I will be attending Bern, Milan & Hyde Park #1. I really don't want to peek & look at the reviews before the"first" show in Bern. Anybody else going to hold off & not read reviews before there first show? That is the problem with the internet. Much to easy to access information these days.

Re: For those not going to the first few shows
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: June 1, 2022 04:42

I know what you mean, but…it is what it is.
Like it or not, we are living in the 21st Century. Internet is a game changer.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 1, 2022 05:19

Not sure how much the shows will differ from last years US shows other than the stage itself, and a couple of tunes here and there.
Probably the only real surprise is that there will be very few surprises which is a bit surprising considering it's the big 60th anniversary.
Looking forward to tomorrow - hopefully there will be some live feeds to follow along with, and hoping there might be some surprises....

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 1, 2022 06:32

Kind of hope there is a B Stage or at least a set of Exile songs for its 50th Anniversary. Last year's tour was about as vanilla as the Stones have been which is understandable with Charlie's passing. Hoping this one is at least a little bit more ambitious.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: June 1, 2022 09:15

I always skip the reviews until I attend my first show. Doesn't want to know anything beforehand and want the maximal surprise effect. I sure though hope they don't play too many pre-68 original tunes as I don't think those songs fit the stage, although they are great on record (MLH etc etc), alas as the tour is called SIXTY I'd love King Bee and Just Wanna Make Love To You and other assorted gems. Maybe the BTB songs fit better such as Yesterday's Papers and My Obsession.

She Smiled Sweetly should show its beautiful face again, that's for sure.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 1, 2022 10:36

Right. I don't get why most people here want to know everything beforehand. Why not keep yourself a few surprises? There aren't to many these days...

I didn't go on this forum because I want Munich to be my personal opening night. Also desubscribed to all of the Stones or their crew's social media. However the YouTube algorithm showed some videos where you could already see the stage on the thumbnail and some song titles. So that messed it up for me a bit. Still not trying to read the rehearsal thread since then I'll won't know the setlist structure at least.

So to not make the same mistake as me: Only visit YouTube with the browser in private mode, this way they wont show you any suggestions. Also don't use the explore function in Instagram.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-01 10:38 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 1, 2022 10:44

The shows will be more or less the same since they've been since 2012. Greatest hits plus 4 interchangeable songs which will more or less be the same interchangeable songs we always get with perhaps the exception of Mother's Little Helper, if they play it.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: June 1, 2022 14:52

I will not read anything setlistwise to maybe have some kind of surprise. The moaning about the stage was already enough, some people undoubtly will bitch hard about songs played or not and thats something I don't need beforehand.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 1, 2022 17:47

I will watch all the news coming in on IORR for every show of the Europe Tour.

So much more convenient than North America or anywhere else where they are playing when you live in Europe.

Will be looking at the reviews of each show and not shutting myself away from Stones news at all.

Bring it all on, starting today in the lovely capitol city of Madrid.

This is the only time I saw The Rolling Stones in Madrid.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 1, 2022 18:12

I will read the notes but no interest in phone videos or phone streaming. Never have, never will. If recordings appear that are made with good gear I will give a listen but not bothering with the phone chaff.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 1, 2022 19:20

Hairball
Not sure how much the shows will differ from last years US shows other than the stage itself, and a couple of tunes here and there.
Probably the only real surprise is that there will be very few surprises which is a bit surprising considering it's the big 60th anniversary.
Looking forward to tomorrow - hopefully there will be some live feeds to follow along with, and hoping there might be some surprises....

Good point, there seemed to be a lot more excitement ahead of the 50th shows, if anything because there hadn't been any shows for 5+ years and that the future looked bleak at one point, Keith's book, semi-retirement, etc...There new tracks,two club shows, the return of Taylor and Wyman and some cool guests like Beck and Clapton. The 60th ? It's business (no pun intended) as usual really...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 1, 2022 21:28

I was at the opening night of the tour in 2014,2017,2018 & 2019. If Charlie was still with us, I'd have been there tonight because I love Opening Nights and the build up of excitement. I'm just not feeling it this time and it'll be tough seeing them on stage in Liverpool next week for the 1st time without Charlie.

Nonetheless, it is what it is and I'm still going to a minimum of 3 shows (Liverpool + the 2 French shows) and I'll probably end up going to the 2 Hyde Park shows too. I'm sure I'll get into it all again next week given that it's my 1st show of any kind in over 2 years.

Hope everyone there has a great night. I'll be following the updates closely.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 1, 2022 21:38

Yes! I've only been to one opening night and that was Oslo 2014 where I first met you Gregor as well as Bard and gibsonman and a few others including Chuck Leavell and his missus.

So, so glad I went to Oslo on my first ever visit to Scandinavia. smileys with beer

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 1, 2022 21:51

crawdaddy
Yes! I've only been to one opening night and that was Oslo 2014 where I first met you Gregor as well as Bard and gibsonman and a few others including Chuck Leavell and his missus.

So, so glad I went to Oslo on my first ever visit to Scandinavia. smileys with beer

Ditto. It was my 1st visit to Scandinavia too, though I made a few more visits in the year after.

8 years ago it was but I met so many people that weekend who I still know today! There was also a freshness about that tour - their 1st of Europe in the 2012+ 'bonus' era of their career. Sp many of us thought it was all over after 2007 but to our surprise they came roaring back, as big as ever thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1862
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home