Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Collecting official vinyl releases: completing the list
Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: May 31, 2022 22:25

treaclefingers
Ha, just thought of another official vinyl release...I guess maybe a few.

All the 45's that were released with live cuts, and there have been a lot.
Yeah. The 7" 45 which was in the Grrrrrrr! box set, for example.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: May 31, 2022 22:25

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
JMARCOU
Tokyo 1990 02 24 and 26.
[www.discogs.com]

Those Ward releases sell out fast, and man are they a pretty penny!!! Have some in my cart to be ordered, and I only have about 6 items, and the total is over $1,000!!!

Maybe if you go to the order page, they'll remove the price and just charge you shipping?! I know a guy that worked for before.

LMFAOOO Still no update on that front!! I don't dare ask for an update either! LOL Don't want to jinx anything!!

Actually I have an update: last status update is from 2 days ago. My parcel seems to be ready for export and now somewhere in Illinois. So it's looking good (I think)

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 31, 2022 23:42

jackflash27
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
JMARCOU
Tokyo 1990 02 24 and 26.
[www.discogs.com]

Those Ward releases sell out fast, and man are they a pretty penny!!! Have some in my cart to be ordered, and I only have about 6 items, and the total is over $1,000!!!

Maybe if you go to the order page, they'll remove the price and just charge you shipping?! I know a guy that worked for before.

LMFAOOO Still no update on that front!! I don't dare ask for an update either! LOL Don't want to jinx anything!!

Actually I have an update: last status update is from 2 days ago. My parcel seems to be ready for export and now somewhere in Illinois. So it's looking good (I think)

Was your order one of the ones that was free except for shipping? I checked mine yday and it's still showing en route to export warehouse. sad smiley

Date: May 31, 2022 23:46

VoodooLounge13
jackflash27
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
JMARCOU
Tokyo 1990 02 24 and 26.
[www.discogs.com]

Was your order one of the ones that was free except for shipping? I checked mine yday and it's still showing en route to export warehouse. sad smiley

Yep

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2022 01:07

jackflash27
VoodooLounge13
jackflash27
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
JMARCOU
Tokyo 1990 02 24 and 26.
[www.discogs.com]

Yep

Well, Nashville Blues confirmed his order received today so there's hope yet for you shower of sh*t!

Re: Collecting official vinyl live releases: completing the list
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 1, 2022 01:17

Stripped was re-released last year in "The Rolling Stones Vinyl Collection" series, as mentioned on this thread.

[www.discogs.com]

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: June 1, 2022 03:43

ChrisL
My version of L&G is black Eagle Rock labels with Promotional Copy - Not For Sale printed on it. (I think I may have said white before, but I was wrong)
As I mentioned, I believe it to be a bootleg, but the labels say Eagle Rock and definitely look real.
There are no real matrix numbers to speak of, but there is 001 A (for side 1) and 001 B, 001 C, 001 D carved into the wax.

Each of you with a copy of L&G on vinyl, check your labels and back cover for the spelling of Eagle Rock Entertainment.

Every VINYL version has "Eagle Rock Entertainement". Find and show us one correctly spelled E-n-t-e-r-t-a-i-n-m-e-n-t.

No company is going to misspell its own name.

Conclusion - unless you find one correctly spelled, all vinyl of L&G, colored wax or otherwise = BOOTLEG.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: June 1, 2022 03:47

stonesstein
ChrisL
My version of L&G is black Eagle Rock labels with Promotional Copy - Not For Sale printed on it. (I think I may have said white before, but I was wrong)
As I mentioned, I believe it to be a bootleg, but the labels say Eagle Rock and definitely look real.
There are no real matrix numbers to speak of, but there is 001 A (for side 1) and 001 B, 001 C, 001 D carved into the wax.

Each of you with a copy of L&G on vinyl, check your labels and back cover for the spelling of Eagle Rock Entertainment.

Every VINYL version has "Eagle Rock Entertainement". Find and show us one correctly spelled E-n-t-e-r-t-a-i-n-m-e-n-t.

Conclusion - unless you find one correctly spelled, all vinyl of L&G, colored wax or otherwise = BOOTLEG.

GENIUS catch StonesStein!

Date: June 1, 2022 03:51

treaclefingers
stonesstein
ChrisL

Thank you, Kind Sir! However, you or other sharp-eyed collectors would've caught that.

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Date: June 1, 2022 03:56

bertrichards
treaclefingers
Ha, just thought of another official vinyl release...I guess maybe a few.

All the 45's that were released with live cuts, and there have been a lot.
Yeah. The 7" 45 which was in the Grrrrrrr! box set, for example.

Right! Forgot about that...I have the set too. You're talking about the superdeluxe CD set.

Date: June 1, 2022 06:35

Cristiano Radtke
Stripped was re-released last year in "The Rolling Stones Vinyl Collection" series, as mentioned on this thread.

[www.discogs.com]

Is that the first time it appeared on vinyl?

Date: June 1, 2022 06:48

VoodooLounge13
Cristiano Radtke

[www.discogs.com]

It was originally released on vinyl in 1995 but it hasn't been re-released ever since, probably due to the release of Totally Stripped.

Date: June 1, 2022 07:21

treaclefingers
jackflash27
VoodooLounge13
jackflash27
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
JMARCOU
Tokyo 1990 02 24 and 26.
[www.discogs.com]

Yep

Well, Nashville Blues confirmed his order received today so there's hope yet for you shower of sh*t!

Well my shower of Sh!t is down to just Honk and Deluxe GHS, but I just checked, and there's no update on my first order. Ugh. Here's hoping.

Date: June 1, 2022 07:21

Cristiano Radtke
VoodooLounge13
Cristiano Radtke

[www.discogs.com]

It was originally released on vinyl in 1995 but it hasn't been re-released ever since, probably due to the release of Totally Stripped.

Thanks!

Date: June 1, 2022 07:43

My pleasure, VoodooLounge13! For those going to the Milan concert it would be worth to check if there's any newstand outlets around.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 1, 2022 10:35

stonesstein

Misspelled on the labels (under the ER-logo) - [www.Catawiki.com] , [www.RootsVinylGuide.com] , [iorr.org] .

Date: June 1, 2022 15:14

Irix
stonesstein

Misspelled on the labels (under the ER-logo) - [www.Catawiki.com] , [www.RootsVinylGuide.com] , [iorr.org] .

Thanks for posting these Irix, because these make it unequivocally clear to me that all L&G LPs are bootlegs, because again, Eagle Rock Entertainment knows how to spell its name. I have a black vinyl copy, and I like it fine, but I am operating under no illusion - it's clearly a bootleg.

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: June 1, 2022 16:32

jackflash27
1963luca0
jackflash27

Ladies and Gentlemen soundtrack 1972 (very rare I think) IT'S A BOOTLEG - NO VINYL

Not according to discogs: [www.discogs.com]

Seems an official Eagelrock release.

Discogs is a place where one enters his wrong opinions and rest assume he's right.
I can hardly understand how can someone calling himself 'expert' - not talking about you - classify as official a record with no copyright controllers on labels, no LC code, no matrix numbers on labels and a company logo that anyone can copy and paste....

Date: June 1, 2022 19:50

1963luca0
jackflash27
1963luca0
jackflash27

Ladies and Gentlemen soundtrack 1972 (very rare I think) IT'S A BOOTLEG - NO VINYL

Not according to discogs: [www.discogs.com]

Seems an official Eagelrock release.

Discogs is a place where one enters his wrong opinions and rest assume he's right.
I can hardly understand how can someone calling himself 'expert' - not talking about you - classify as official a record with no copyright controllers on labels, no LC code, no matrix numbers on labels and a company logo that anyone can copy and paste....

You're right. I also was pretty sure it was official, regarding the (almost) identical label name on the cover. Very good inspector's work from Stonesstein! Now it's clear, this release can go off of my list winking smiley

Date: June 28, 2022 16:22

I'm curious, is there a definitive list or place to go to find all of the official releases - studio and live - along with their format and things like bonus material, which is usually only found on the Japanese versions?

Now that I have more time on my hands, I'm trying to really plug the holes in my collection once and for all. though the Ward releases that are still available are going to set me back a pretty penny for sure!!! And I've resigned myself to the fact that vinyl copies of the remaining From The Vault series are just not going to happen.

I've mentioned elsewhere that it's been a more recent decision to want their catalog on vinyl as well - all originals - which will take some time to accumulate. This all started with the Super Deluxes, and RSD 7" singles.

Typically, I will buy the Super Deluxe along with the 2CD/DVD or Bluray version to play regularly, so I don't have to keep opening the Super.

The items that - to me - are glaring holes at the moment are GHS Japanese Super Deluxe with bonus track, Copa 2CD/DVD or bluray set, Copa Deluxe CD set, GRRR Super Deluxe, Stripped Paradiso Japanese, San Jose Japanese with bonus track, Bridge to Bremen Japanese Bluray with bonus track, In Mono vinyl boxset, the Ward releases (I know which ones when I'm on there), On Air Yellow vinyl, Japanese LIB 7" SACD, El Mo 4 colored LP, TSMR 50th Anniversary Vinyl, Doom & Gloom vinyl, B&L regular CD (have the deluxe), Carnaby Honk, GHS clear vinyl, TIC Super Deluxe, Palladium Super Deluxe, Main Offender Super Deluxe, Mr. Luck CD, Confessing the Blues CD, assorted Bill Wyman releases (mostly comps and repackaging of his works), and the new vinyl Singles boxset.

I've been wanting to compile an updated list so that I can keep track and cross of items as I go. One other thing that I never picked up and is long out of print and going for outrageous prices for some odd reason is the Wingless Angels II, which came with I. i just wasn't sure if there was one database from which to cull all of this info. And I wouldn't want to be looking for a vinyl if that particular release was never produced in that format.

thanks!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-28 16:52 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: August 20, 2022 19:39

Well, I think I have the collection complete (sort of). All albums that can be marked as official released 'live albums' on vinyl, including some a-typical albums like 'Live at Checkerboard Lounge' and the forth disc of the colored HONK LP. The last one came in today (the Checkerboard Lounge album). As mentioned before by some of you: there are some albums that could be added to the list, because there are some live cuts on them (like Sucking in the seventies, or Rarities), but these are mainly considered as studio collection albums. This is the list of Live albums I own now:

Rolling Stones Live vinyl releases
On air 1963-1965
Charlie is my darling Live in England 1965
Got live if you want it EP
Got Live if you want it LP
Rock 'n roll Circus
Get yer ya-ya's out
Roundhouse 1971 (Sticky fingers deluxe bonus LP)
Marquee club 1971
Brussels affair 1973 (part of GHS Super deluxe)
LA Forum 1975
El Mocambo 1977
Love you live 1975-1977
Some Girls live in Texas 1978
Checkerboard lounge w/ Muddy Waters 1981
Hampton Coliseum 1981
Still Life 1981
Wembley 1982 (part of TY super deluxe)
Live in Leeds 1982
Steel wheels Live Atlantic City 1989
Live at the Tokyo Dome 1990
Flashpoint 1989-1990
Voodoo Lounge Miami 1994
Totally Stripped in Paradiso 1995
Totally Stripped 1995
Stripped 1995
Bridges to Buenos Aires 1998
No security 1997-1998
Bridges in Bremen 1998
No Security San Jose 1999
Live Licks in NYC 2003
A bigger bang Copacabana 2006
Sweet summer sun Hyde Park 2013
Sticky fingers live at the Fonda 2015
Havana Moon 2016
HONK (live disc) 2017-2018

Quite a big list. Listening everything in chronological order since a few weeks. What a nice hobby do we have winking smiley

Date: August 20, 2022 21:57

jackflash27
Well, I think I have the collection complete (sort of). All albums that can be marked as official released 'live albums' on vinyl, including some a-typical albums like 'Live at Checkerboard Lounge' and the forth disc of the colored HONK LP. The last one came in today (the Checkerboard Lounge album). As mentioned before by some of you: there are some albums that could be added to the list, because there are some live cuts on them (like Sucking in the seventies, or Rarities), but these are mainly considered as studio collection albums. This is the list of Live albums I own now:

Rolling Stones Live vinyl releases
On air 1963-1965
Charlie is my darling Live in England 1965
Got live if you want it EP
Got Live if you want it LP
Rock 'n roll Circus
Get yer ya-ya's out
Roundhouse 1971 (Sticky fingers deluxe bonus LP)
Marquee club 1971
Brussels affair 1973 (part of GHS Super deluxe)
LA Forum 1975
El Mocambo 1977
Love you live 1975-1977
Some Girls live in Texas 1978
Checkerboard lounge w/ Muddy Waters 1981
Hampton Coliseum 1981
Still Life 1981
Wembley 1982 (part of TY super deluxe)
Live in Leeds 1982
Steel wheels Live Atlantic City 1989
Live at the Tokyo Dome 1990
Flashpoint 1989-1990
Voodoo Lounge Miami 1994
Totally Stripped in Paradiso 1995
Totally Stripped 1995
Stripped 1995
Bridges to Buenos Aires 1998
No security 1997-1998
Bridges in Bremen 1998
No Security San Jose 1999
Live Licks in NYC 2003
Sweet summer sun Hyde Park 2013
Sticky fingers live at the Fonda 2015
Havana Moon 2016
HONK (live disc) 2017-2018

Quite a big list. Listening everything in chronological order since a few weeks. What a nice hobby do we have winking smiley

The only ones I'm missing from this list on vinyl are:
Live Licks in NYC 2003
and the Checkerboard.

Mainly I'm waiting for a 'black friday' like price drop to pull the trigger.

Thanks for collating that!

Posted by: MidnightGambler ()
Date: August 21, 2022 00:57

Ladies and Gentlemen on 2 LP is a bootleg, this is 100% sure, no doubt about it even if it is written "Eagle Rock"

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 21, 2022 08:08

stonesstein
treaclefingers
stonesstein
ChrisL

Thank you, Kind Sir! However, you or other sharp-eyed collectors would've caught that.

Other sharp eyed collectors DID catch this on page one of this thread!!

Rod

Date: August 21, 2022 15:08

MidnightGambler
Ladies and Gentlemen on 2 LP is a bootleg, this is 100% sure, no doubt about it even if it is written "Eagle Rock"

As you can see in my last post (and the discussion in this thread), this item has been deleted. It’s not official. I edited the initial post also.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home