Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Collecting official vinyl releases: completing the list
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 31, 2022 15:53

jackflash27
VoodooLounge13
jackflash27
Added Wembley (part of Tattoo you super deluxe release) and the original Stripped (how could I miss that one).
No Security is already on the list.

Shine a light, England '65 (Charlie is my Darling) are not official vinyl releases as far as I know.

L&G soundtrack is legit (issued by Eagle rock, they also do the Vault series).

The updated list:

On air 1963-1965
Got Life if you want it 1964-1966
Rock 'n roll Circus 1968
Get yer ya-ya's out 1969
Marquee club 1971
Ladies and Gentlemen soundtrack 1972
Brussels affair 1973 (part of GHS Super deluxe)
LA Forum 1975
El Mocambo 1977
Love you live 1975-1977
Some Girls live in Texas 1978
Checkerboard lounge w/ Muddy Waters 1981
Hampton Coliseum 1981
Still Life 1981
Live in Leeds 1982
Wembley 1982 (part of TY super deluxe)
Steelwheels Live Atlantic City 1989
Live at the Tokyo Dome 1990
Flashpoint 1989-1990
Voodoo Lounge Miami 1994
Totally Stripped in Paradiso 1995
Totally Stripped 1995
Stripped 1995
Bridges to Buenos Aires 1998
No security 1997-1998
Bridges in Bremen 1998
No Security San Jose 1999
A bigger bang Copacabana 2006
Sweet summer sun Hyde Park 2013
Sticky fingers live at the Fonda 2015
Live Licks in NYC 2003
Havana Moon 2016

I had meant the original NS album released back in the 90's with the biker couple on the cover, but like I said, I don't think it ever saw a vinyl release, and since it's so long out of print on CD, I can't imagine it'll ever get a proper vinyl re-releasing. Shine A Light would make for a cool vinyl LP though I think!!

Yes I know Voodoolounge13. That release is already in my list (8th from below). This is the discogs link: [www.discogs.com]

My mistake - I do see it now!! Sorry about that.

Date: May 31, 2022 15:54

jackflash27
ironbelly
ChrisL
jackflash27
ChrisL
Irix
ChrisL

I have one. I believe it's a bootleg (99 percent sure it's a bootleg).

Some say it was a limited (111 pcs) promo-pressing ....

My copy has a white label promo sticker, but I still reckon it's a bootleg.
I'd be delighted to be wrong, though, because then I'd have something rare.

[www.catawiki.com]

It's rare indeed (and the sticker confirms the 111 copies). It also mentions the 'promotional' purpose. Because it's released by Eaglerock, I would still say it's official.

Mine is black vinyl, and no sticker. Maybe mine is a bootleg and those are official. Mine has the same labels though, it looks like.
Bootleg - not bootleg discussion is very interesting. But did you check the print on the wax and compare it to known versions? Matrix codes, ifpi etc.? I thought this is the easiest way to determine the origin of the LP or CD.

The reason I think it's official is that it is issued by Eagle Rock, a known label which brings a lot of Stones live stuff to the market. On the pictures in the catawiki link, the label is clearly printed on the back cover and vinyl labels. Also, in my experience, Discogs does a pretty good job in shifting between official and bootleg releases. This one is archived as an official release.

On the SG Deluxe vinyl bootleg release, it says it was issued by Rolling Stones Records smiling smiley

Date: May 31, 2022 15:55

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
L&G is 10000% legit. Perhaps you bought a bootleg copy but it has since been released officially much like Brussels. And yes I would add Stripped, Shine A Light, No Security. Not sure any of those saw a vinyl release tho.

No Security definitely is a legit vinyl release.

The original album? Not San Jose. Really? That would be cool to have! I loved that whole construction/work zone theme they had on that tour and the subsequent albums from it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 31, 2022 16:01

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
L&G is 10000% legit. Perhaps you bought a bootleg copy but it has since been released officially much like Brussels. And yes I would add Stripped, Shine A Light, No Security. Not sure any of those saw a vinyl release tho.

No Security definitely is a legit vinyl release.

The original album? Not San Jose. Really? That would be cool to have! I loved that whole construction/work zone theme they had on that tour and the subsequent albums from it.

Yes absolutely. All those 90s albums got vinyl editions in very low numbers and are very expensive. I picked up a couple of copies of this one through the years.

I recall being disappointed that Live Licks didn't get an official vinyl release and 'broke' the continuity of my vinyl collection and I considered getting the bootleg but never did.

We got vinyl back with ABB but then nothing again with Shine a Light and the Very Best of Mick Jagger.

It was sort of like vinyl was 'on the bubble' and then when they started pummelling us with box sets, ie GYYYO, vinyl was here to stay (at least for now!).

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: May 31, 2022 16:11

My version of L&G is black Eagle Rock labels with Promotional Copy - Not For Sale printed on it. (I think I may have said white before, but I was wrong)
As I mentioned, I believe it to be a bootleg, but the labels say Eagle Rock and definitely look real.
There are no real matrix numbers to speak of, but there is 001 A (for side 1) and 001 B, 001 C, 001 D carved into the wax.

Date: May 31, 2022 16:11

Ha, just thought of another official vinyl release...I guess maybe a few.

All the 45's that were released with live cuts, and there have been a lot.

I think starting in 1971 with Let it Rock, 1982 with Going to a Go Go and Time is on my Side, 1984 with Let's Spend the Night Together (promo for the movie), several from Flashpoint...I'm probably missing a few in between.

And did we establish the EP Got Live as distinct and separate from the album, and what about Have You Seen Your Mother, Live?

***ALSO, Brussels as it's own distinct vinyl release on 3 records, as opposed to the GHS release on 2 records.

***ALSO, Still Life had an official Picture Disc release.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-31 16:17 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: May 31, 2022 16:13

DandelionPowderman
jackflash27
ironbelly
ChrisL
jackflash27
ChrisL
Irix
ChrisL

[www.catawiki.com]

It's rare indeed (and the sticker confirms the 111 copies). It also mentions the 'promotional' purpose. Because it's released by Eaglerock, I would still say it's official.

Mine is black vinyl, and no sticker. Maybe mine is a bootleg and those are official. Mine has the same labels though, it looks like.
Bootleg - not bootleg discussion is very interesting. But did you check the print on the wax and compare it to known versions? Matrix codes, ifpi etc.? I thought this is the easiest way to determine the origin of the LP or CD.

The reason I think it's official is that it is issued by Eagle Rock, a known label which brings a lot of Stones live stuff to the market. On the pictures in the catawiki link, the label is clearly printed on the back cover and vinyl labels. Also, in my experience, Discogs does a pretty good job in shifting between official and bootleg releases. This one is archived as an official release.

On the SG Deluxe vinyl bootleg release, it says it was issued by Rolling Stones Records smiling smiley

Seriously? Which release is that? I only know of a super deluxe box set with 2 vinyl singles, but not a box set with the whole album (and bonus) on vinyl. Probably the fact that it is a bootleg, is the reason I don't know about it winking smiley

Date: May 31, 2022 16:15

jackflash27
DandelionPowderman
jackflash27
ironbelly
ChrisL
jackflash27
ChrisL
Irix
ChrisL

[www.catawiki.com]

Seriously? Which release is that? I only know of a super deluxe box set with 2 vinyl singles, but not a box set with the whole album (and bonus) on vinyl. Probably the fact that it is a bootleg, is the reason I don't know about it winking smiley

I have the super deluxe and it only has one single, Beast with the rare cover.

Date: May 31, 2022 16:26

treaclefingers
jackflash27
DandelionPowderman
jackflash27
ironbelly
ChrisL
jackflash27
ChrisL
Irix
ChrisL

[www.catawiki.com]

I have the super deluxe and it only has one single, Beast with the rare cover.

That's the one I have too (sorry, incorrectly thought it had 2 vinyl singles). But this is an official release for sure, not a bootleg.

Date: May 31, 2022 16:31

Has anyone mentioned the Honk live album? The fourth vinyl in the deluxe package with live material from No Filter?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 31, 2022 16:35

jackflash27

The reason I think it's official is that it is issued by Eagle Rock, a known label which brings a lot of Stones live stuff to the market. On the pictures in the catawiki link, the label is clearly printed on the back cover and vinyl labels.

But it's very easy to print an (official) logo, 'invent' a catalog-number and just write 'Promo - Not for Sale'. Nevertheless, it would be a fake-product ....

Date: May 31, 2022 16:36

treaclefingers

I think starting in 1971 with Let it Rock, 1982 with Going to a Go Go and Time is on my Side, 1984 with Let's Spend the Night Together (promo for the movie), several from Flashpoint...I'm probably missing a few in between.

And did we establish the EP Got Live as distinct and separate from the album, and what about Have You Seen Your Mother, Live?

***ALSO, Brussels as it's own distinct vinyl release on 3 records, as opposed to the GHS release on 2 records.

Thanks for thinking along treaclefingers! I mentioned it in my initial post, but maybe not clear enough winking smiley The line I would draw is vinyl albums, I would "45's not consider as albums.

The Let's spend tonight together promo, is that also a "45? Can't seem to find it on discogs.

The 'Got Live if you want it EP' is a bit of a grey area (not an album, not a "45. Yes, it could probably be on the list.

Your right about Brussels. There is a seperate vinyl release of it. But as I already own the GHS box, that's enough for me to have.

The Still Life picture disc; there is also a regular vinyl release (of course), which is on the list. It's not my intention to collect or inventorize all different vinyl variants. One is enough for me. Just want to know IF there is a vinyl album / LP release basically.

Date: May 31, 2022 16:39

jackflash27
DandelionPowderman
jackflash27
ironbelly
ChrisL
jackflash27
ChrisL
Irix
ChrisL

[www.catawiki.com]

As it's a standalone bootleg release, it's not included in the box set.

However, it was a funny move, claiming it was released by Rolling Stones Records.

A nice bootleg release with good sound. Too bad the Stones didn't see the potential in releasing the bonus disc on vinyl...

Date: May 31, 2022 16:42

ChrisL
Has anyone mentioned the Honk live album? The fourth vinyl in the deluxe package with live material from No Filter?

Good one! Will add this one.
Actually the most recent recorded live tracks on vinyl until this day. We do not have anything else on vinyl from No Filter, right?

Date: May 31, 2022 16:54

DandelionPowderman
jackflash27
DandelionPowderman
jackflash27
ironbelly
ChrisL
jackflash27
ChrisL
Irix
ChrisL

[www.catawiki.com]

As it's a standalone bootleg release, it's not included in the box set.

However, it was a funny move, claiming it was released by Rolling Stones Records.

A nice bootleg release with good sound. Too bad the Stones didn't see the potential in releasing the bonus disc on vinyl...

Ha ha...bootleggers willing to 'lie'! I actually have a couple of 70s releases like that. Clearly bootlegs claiming to be Rolling Stones Records or ATCO.

Date: May 31, 2022 17:02

jackflash27
treaclefingers

Thanks for thinking along treaclefingers! I mentioned it in my initial post, but maybe not clear enough winking smiley The line I would draw is vinyl albums, I would "45's not consider as albums.

The Let's spend tonight together promo, is that also a "45? Can't seem to find it on discogs.

The 'Got Live if you want it EP' is a bit of a grey area (not an album, not a "45. Yes, it could probably be on the list.

Your right about Brussels. There is a seperate vinyl release of it. But as I already own the GHS box, that's enough for me to have.

The Still Life picture disc; there is also a regular vinyl release (of course), which is on the list. It's not my intention to collect or inventorize all different vinyl variants. One is enough for me. Just want to know IF there is a vinyl album / LP release basically.

Well you opened pandora's box...I haven't seen this much action on a thread since the NEW ALBUM 2015 thread!

Here is a link to the Let's Spend the Night Together live 45, b/w SMU:

[www.discogs.com]

I understand this was sold at screening's of the movie, in Europe but I don't know that for sure. There is also the Jumping Jack Flash promo from screenings of the IMAX show...here is that vinyl:
[www.discogs.com]

OH, and if you are including EP's...there's also this little LYL gem:
[www.discogs.com]

Date: May 31, 2022 17:09

jackflash27
ChrisL

Good one! Will add this one.
Actually the most recent recorded live tracks on vinyl until this day. We do not have anything else on vinyl from No Filter, right?

I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: May 31, 2022 17:09

Tokyo 1990 02 24 and 26.
[www.discogs.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-31 17:24 by JMARCOU.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: May 31, 2022 17:45

jackflash27
1963luca0
jackflash27

Ladies and Gentlemen soundtrack 1972 (very rare I think) IT'S A BOOTLEG - NO VINYL

Not according to discogs: [www.discogs.com]

Seems an official Eagelrock release.

It's a bootleg with a fake eagle rock sign

Date: May 31, 2022 18:55

AntoineParis
jackflash27
1963luca0
jackflash27

Ladies and Gentlemen soundtrack 1972 (very rare I think) IT'S A BOOTLEG - NO VINYL

Not according to discogs: [www.discogs.com]

Seems an official Eagelrock release.

It's a bootleg with a fake eagle rock sign

Discogs is all user-submitted so when and if someone identifies it as a bootleg, it'll get flagged.

Date: May 31, 2022 18:57

ChrisL
VoodooLounge13
L&G is 10000% legit. Perhaps you bought a bootleg copy but it has since been released officially much like Brussels. And yes I would add Stripped, Shine A Light, No Security. Not sure any of this saw a vinyl release tho.

As Dandy said, L&G is official on CD and DVD.
No Security is on vinyl. Shine A Light is not.

Ah yes, I knew I had it in both the single CD edition, and the boxset format, which I was thinking - given the size - contained a LP. My mistake.

Date: May 31, 2022 19:02

JMARCOU
Tokyo 1990 02 24 and 26.
[www.discogs.com]

Those Ward releases sell out fast, and man are they a pretty penny!!! Have some in my cart to be ordered, and I only have about 6 items, and the total is over $1,000!!!

Date: May 31, 2022 19:18

VoodooLounge13
JMARCOU
Tokyo 1990 02 24 and 26.
[www.discogs.com]

Those Ward releases sell out fast, and man are they a pretty penny!!! Have some in my cart to be ordered, and I only have about 6 items, and the total is over $1,000!!!

Maybe if you go to the order page, they'll remove the price and just charge you shipping?! I know a guy that worked for before.

Date: May 31, 2022 19:38

JMARCOU
Tokyo 1990 02 24 and 26.
[www.discogs.com]

Never heard of this one. Never heard of the Ward label neither, thought all the vault releases were handled by Eagle rock. Looks like an official release.

Anyway, good find! Question: is the setlist and recording date on the vinyl the same as this one (Live at the Tokyo Dome): [www.discogs.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 31, 2022 19:45

jackflash27

(Live at the Tokyo Dome): [www.discogs.com]

The 2015 Eagle-Rock release is 26-Feb-1990. The 2017 release by WardRecords is 24-Feb-1990 - [WardRecords.com] .

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 31, 2022 19:46

jackflash27
JMARCOU
Tokyo 1990 02 24 and 26.
[www.discogs.com]

Never heard of this one. Never heard of the Ward label neither, thought all the vault releases were handled by Eagle rock. Looks like an official release.

Anyway, good find! Question: is the setlist and recording date on the vinyl the same as this one (Live at the Tokyo Dome): [www.discogs.com]
No. From The Vault Extra is February 24, 1990. Live At The Tokyo Dome is from February 26, 1990. Set lists for both dates are identical, though. But the recording and mastering are different.

Ward records made tons of Stones limited Japan only editions. They are pricey and really hard to find if out of print. That From The Vault Extra LP/CD/DVD box was limited to 200 units. With starting price of about 15000 JPY (~110 EUR before shipping and taxes)
The list is here
[wardrecords.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-31 19:49 by ironbelly.

Date: May 31, 2022 22:06

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
JMARCOU
Tokyo 1990 02 24 and 26.
[www.discogs.com]

Maybe if you go to the order page, they'll remove the price and just charge you shipping?! I know a guy that worked for before.

LMFAOOO Still no update on that front!! I don't dare ask for an update either! LOL Don't want to jinx anything!!

Date: May 31, 2022 22:08

ironbelly
jackflash27
JMARCOU
Tokyo 1990 02 24 and 26.
[www.discogs.com]

No. From The Vault Extra is February 24, 1990. Live At The Tokyo Dome is from February 26, 1990. Set lists for both dates are identical, though. But the recording and mastering are different.

Ward records made tons of Stones limited Japan only editions. They are pricey and really hard to find if out of print. That From The Vault Extra LP/CD/DVD box was limited to 200 units. With starting price of about 15000 JPY (~110 EUR before shipping and taxes)
The list is here
[wardrecords.com]

Don't you have that backwards? I thought the Vault release was the 26th, and the Ward was the 'dry run' on the 24th......

Re: Collecting official vinyl live releases: completing the list
Date: May 31, 2022 22:08

Nearly certain of that actually.

Re: Collecting official vinyl live releases: completing the list
Date: May 31, 2022 22:09

Ward is 2/24/90. I just looked it up.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home