Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question about Paris show
Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 29, 2022 13:01

Hi everyone,

I ah e a question about the Paris show at Longchamp. How far is it from the centre of Paris, and what time do you think the Stones will be on stage? The reason I ask is that I have a commitment that day in London and so I will be arriving by Eurostar at 19:50pm - will that give me enough time to get to Longchamp in time for the Stones?

And what would be the best way to get there - metro or taxi?

Re: Question about Paris show
Date: May 29, 2022 13:16

It's far. Too far to walk and trough a dangerous area. With car/taxi/uber/metro i guess 40 to 60 minutes. From Gare du North even more.

Showtime will normally be 20.20 to 21.00 local time (except Madrid and maybe Hyde Park shows). However Marseille 2018 was also a late start. Don't expect Paris to be one.

If you arrive 19.50 I am pretty sure you must be very lucky to be there on time. Tbh I think it's impossible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-29 13:17 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Date: May 29, 2022 13:35

Thanks - where is the dangerous area? Is that around Gare Du Nord or do you mean that Longchamp area is dangerous?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 29, 2022 13:51

I'm not sure what the general concert curfew in Paris is. 11:30 PM? That would mean the Stones go on at about 9:30 PM.

Looks like the last time they played an outdoor show in Paris (2014, Stade de France), the show started at 9:25 PM. and ended at 11:35 PM. [iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-29 14:05 by Topi.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 29, 2022 14:00

john lomax

I will be arriving by Eurostar at 19:50pm - will that give me enough time to get to Longchamp in time for the Stones?

You could try the RER-Trains - [www.IleDeFrance-Mobilites.fr] . It's a 30-mins-ride from Gare du Nord to Gare de Suresnes (Mont-Valérien) and then a 1-mile-walk - Google Maps.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 29, 2022 14:08

I just don't hope the security doesn't repeat yesterday's chaos

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 29, 2022 14:25

That's what I am fearing Slewan. The security and organziation at U Arena in 2017 and Marseilles in 2018 were absolutely horrendous. Had to struggle for hours to get inside with a legit ticket. When I read some accounts from journalists last night outside Stade de France who describe how the french police created bottlenecks, chaos, closing gates etc. etc. it all reminded me of the chaos outside U Arena and Stade Velodrome. I really don't trust french police and gendarmerie to organize big events. It's like they can't help themselves: they just have to make things complicated and difficult just for the case of it.

Date: May 29, 2022 14:36

Thanks everyone. It sounds like I will need to change my plans to make sure I arrive in Paris a lot earlier!!

Date: May 29, 2022 15:04

The Worst.
That's what I am fearing Slewan. The security and organziation at U Arena in 2017 and Marseilles in 2018 were absolutely horrendous. Had to struggle for hours to get inside with a legit ticket. When I read some accounts from journalists last night outside Stade de France who describe how the french police created bottlenecks, chaos, closing gates etc. etc. it all reminded me of the chaos outside U Arena and Stade Velodrome. I really don't trust french police and gendarmerie to organize big events. It's like they can't help themselves: they just have to make things complicated and difficult just for the case of it.

well, I had no problems to get inside the Arena U in 2017. It took a while but I wouldn't call that chaos. But maybe it worked well for me because I had golden circle tickets.

Date: May 29, 2022 15:07

Which one of the 3 Paris shows did you go to, slewan? My understanding is that the most problems with venue security/entry arose at the first show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-29 15:09 by Topi.

Date: May 29, 2022 15:09

Was that the show people couldnt get in the pit because the ticket said ; no filter pit ?

Date: May 29, 2022 15:10

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Was that the show people couldnt get in the pit because the ticket said ; no filter pit ?

Yes, I think so. grinning smiley

Date: May 29, 2022 15:10

Topi
Which one of the 3 Paris shows did you go to, slewan? My understanding is that the most problems with venue security/entry arose at the first show.

2nd and 3rd

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 29, 2022 15:14

Slewan: At U Arena I had a pit ticket. I would have to enter at gate 14. It was a nightmare approaching gate 14 thru a set of bottlnecks with slow moving lines. They suddenly closed gate 14 without an explanation. People standing in line had to find another gate, but at other gates they would always send you back to gate 14 althought that one was closed. To make things worse, many wheelchair users were supposed to enter thru gate 14. They were lost in the chaos. To make a long story short: Once inside, it was impossible to find a PIT wristbrand. I asked every guard I could find, no one knew. I showed my ticket to guards at both pit sides and they wouldn't let me in. Dozens of people were in the same situation. Some gave up and watched the show from the golden circle, although they had paid for a pit ticket. I eventually got in the PIT, but it took med 3-4 hours of stress, hard work and navigation. But Marseilles was far worse, don't get me started!

Date: May 29, 2022 15:15

slewan
Topi

2nd and 3rd

Right, I was at the 2nd one and had no problems with entry/security either. That said, I did use a separate, dedicated entrance because I had a VIP package.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 29, 2022 16:48

john lomax

Certainly a taxi but given the chronic state of traffic congestion in Paris your chances of getting to the site of the gig in time are zero.

Date: May 29, 2022 16:50

dcba
john lomax

Certainly a taxi but given the chronic state of traffic congestion in Paris your chances of getting to the site of the gig in time are zero.

Hahaha yep I think you are right!! No worries, you have all convinced me to change my travel plans so that I will now arrive in Paris with plenty of time to spare (and hopefully time for a few beers before the show!!)

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: May 29, 2022 17:16

dcba
john lomax

I might be wrong but I think you could take an automatic self driving Metro (with no driver so there is no danger of strike) and well just a few kilometers of walking through the forest...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-29 17:18 by Stoneswolf.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: May 29, 2022 17:31

Use this site to calculate the trip, here it says it takes 50min right now! It's the official Paris public transport site. It tells you the various options and times. You just enter either departure time or arrival time.

[www.ratp.fr]

Date: May 29, 2022 19:24

FrogSugar
Use this site to calculate the trip, here it says it takes 50min right now! It's the official Paris public transport site. It tells you the various options and times. You just enter either departure time or arrival time.

[www.ratp.fr]

Perfect, thank you!

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: May 29, 2022 22:14

This is a very common site for a concert. There will be shuttle buses to/from the nearest Metro station.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1356
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home